Author Topic: Schwarzenegger-Fun-Movies-Mini-Marathon  (Read 11658 times)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Schwarzenegger-Fun-Movies-Mini-Marathon
« on: February 04, 2008, 10:06:52 AM »
Since I am still on vacation today and tomorrow I will do another small marathon

Twins

Arnold Schwarzenegger ... Julius Benedict
Danny DeVito ... Vincent Benedict
Kelly Preston ... Marnie Mason
hloe Webb ... Linda Mason
Bonnie Bartlett ... Mary Ann Benedict
David Caruso ... Al Greco

Julius is a product of genetic engineering. He has six fathers and one mother. He is highly intelligent and extremely strong. He lives on a caribbean island until he finds out that he has a twin brother. Only that his brother is nothing like him.

My opinion:
For his first comedy he did well. But DeVito was a good partner and I am sure he he gave him a lot of tips.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Schwarzenegger-Fun-Movies-Mini-Marathon
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 11:53:32 AM »
Kindergarten Cop

Arnold Schwarzenegger    ...    Detective John Kimble
Penelope Ann Miller   ...    Joyce Palmieri / Rachel Crisp
Pamela Reed   ...    Detective Phoebe O'Hara
Linda Hunt   ...    Miss Schlowski
Richard Tyson   ...    Cullen Crisp, Sr.
Carroll Baker   ...    Eleanor Crisp
Joseph Cousins    ...    Dominic Palmieri / Cullen Crisp, Jr.
Christian Cousins   ...    Dominic Palmieri / Cullen Crisp, Jr.

Detective John Kimble Has been trying to arrest the drug gangster Crisp for quite some time now. Now he gets the chance, he has just to find his ex-wife, who went into hiding with their son. But for this he has to work undercover in a kindergarten.

My opinion:
My favourite comedy of Arnie's alongside with "True Lies". Everytime I watch this I find it amusing how he tries to get control over this little horde. That aside I think it's a good idea to use twins as a single character. This way the kids don't overwork themselves and the audience can't tell the difference.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 02:18:08 PM »
Last Action Hero

Arnold Schwarzenegger    ...    Jack Slater / Himself
F. Murray Abraham   ...    John Practice
Austin O'Brien   ...    Danny Madigan
Art Carney   ...    Frank
Charles Dance   ...    Benedict
Frank McRae   ...    Lieutenant Dekker
Tom Noonan   ...    Ripper / Himself
Robert Prosky   ...    Nick
Anthony Quinn   ...    Tony Vivaldi
Mercedes Ruehl   ...    Irene Madigan
Ian McKellen   ...    Death

Danny is a movies fan and his greatest hero is the Cop Jack Slayter, played by Arnold Schwarzenegger. When Danny gets the chance to watch Slater IV in a small theatre before the premiere evening, he takes this chance. But suddenly is is in the movie instead of just watching it.

My opinion:
I don't know if it was on purpose or not, but some parts of that movie, e.g. the mix-up between the virtual character and the real actor and the oversized figure did remind me of "The Hard Way". Nonetheless I liked it, especially the references to "flesh wounds" and "neverending magazines" for guns.
Karsten

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 03:00:18 PM »
I enjoyed all 3 you mentioned above.... but unfortunately I only have Last Action Hero in my collection at this point.

I really liked the team-up of him and Danny DeVito in Twins... been a long time since I seen it though.

Kindergarten Cop was a lot of fun too... and one I haven't thought of in a long time!

As I said... I have Last Action Hero... but it has been quite a while since I actually watched it. I also liked how they pointed out all the stuff they do wrong in action movies... that people seldomly think about. Just added that much more fun to the movie.
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 03:18:01 PM »
I think Last Action Hero is highly underrated (was it mentioned in that other thread...?) I like it a lot as well.

My favorite moment is when the bad guy has supposedly run out of bullets and he then reveals "I left one chamber empty" just before he lows Arnold away :laugh:

m.cellophane

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 05:06:34 PM »
It's been hard for me to watch Schwarzenegger movies since he became my governor.  ???

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 05:18:30 PM »
True Lies

Arnold Schwarzenegger ... Harry Tasker
Jamie Lee Curtis ... Helen Tasker
Tom Arnold ... Albert Gibson
Bill Paxton ... Simon
Charlton Heston ... Spencer Trilby
Tia Carrere ... Juno Skinner
Art Malik ... Salim Abu Aziz
Eliza Dushku ... Dana Tasker

Harry Tasker pretends to be  a computer system salesman who travels a lot and attends fairs. At home he as a loving wife and a pubertal daughter. But Harry doesn't go on business travels of the usual kind. Harry is an secret agent who works for Omega Sector and one day his family is dragged into his second life.

My opinion:
The movie works very well because it doesn't take itself seriously. The action spiced up with the humour is excellent. And seven years before 9/11 the Arabs-are-bad-terrorists-plot has not been used ad nauseam.
Karsten

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 07:04:11 PM »
Junior

Arnold Schwarzenegger ... Dr. Alex Hesse
Danny DeVito ... Dr. Larry Arbogast
Emma Thompson ... Dr. Diana Reddin
Frank Langella ... Noah Banes
Pamela Reed ... Angela

Dr. Hesse and Dr. Arbogast have developed a medicine that helps on difficult pregnancies. Pregnancies of women who had previous miscarriages. They tried in on monkeys but the FDA denies them the possibility to test it on woman. To escape this dilemma they induce a Expectane-based pregnancy in Dr. Hesse.

My opinion:
Aside from the fact that it wouldn't work in a man with or without Expectane (in lack of an uterus and an umbilical cord) it was amusing to see the giant Schwarzenegger being pregnant with Skeletor right on his tail.
Karsten

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 08:43:14 PM »
Jingle All the Way

Arnold Schwarzenegger ... Howard Langston
Sinbad ... Myron Larabee
Phil Hartman ... Ted Maltin
Rita Wilson ... Liz Langston
Robert Conrad ... Officer Hummell
Martin Mull ... D.J.
Jake Lloyd ... Jamie Langston
James Belushi ... Mall Santa

The only thing Howard Langston has to think about is getting his son a "Turbo Man" doll, the most wanted present this year. But he blows it and he tries to get one on Christmas Eve - a Mission Impossible.

My opinion:
This one I didn't like that much, mainly because of the absurd action sequence at the end and the little "Annie".
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 09:04:44 PM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Najemikon

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 09:31:55 PM »
I think Arnie is underrated, full stop. He is good at what he does and he always seems to give his all. Plus he's a bloomin' nice chap.

I like Kindergarten Cop and Twins. I don't have the DVDs because they're on my mum's shelf. They must be amongst her favourite films.

I especially like his partner in Kindergarten Cop who has a great line at the end... "Not so tough without your car, are ya?"  :laugh: