Author Topic: Tom's TV Pilots marathon  (Read 168226 times)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
Re: Tom's TV Pilots marathon
« Reply #165 on: September 24, 2011, 12:28:47 AM »
     No Ordinary Family: Season One (2010/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

Lions Gate Films (United States)
Length:860 min.
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78
Audio:English: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo
Subtitles:English

Plot:
After 16 years of marriage, Jim (Michael Chiklis, "The Shield," Fantastic Four) feels disconnected from his workaholic wife, Stephanie (Julie Benz, "Dexter"), and two teenage children. To encourage bonding time, the family joins Stephanie on her business trip to South America. When their plane crashes into the Amazon River, they barely enjoy a moment to celebrate their survival before returning to the grind of everyday life. But they will soon realize that their lives have been forever changed. Each member of the family starts to show signs of new, unique and distinct superpowers. Will their newfound abilities finally bring them together or push them further apart?

No Ordinary Family
1.01 Pilot
Writer: Greg Berlanti (Created By), Jon Harmon Feldman (Created By), Jon Harmon Feldman (Screenwriter), Greg Berlanti (Story By), Jon Harmon Feldman (Story By)
Director: David Semel
Cast: Michael Chiklis (Jim Powell), Julie Benz (Stephanie Powell), Christina Chang), Kay Panabaker (Daphne Powell), Jimmy Bennett (JJ Powell), Autumn Reeser (Katie Andrews), Tate Donovan), Romany Malco (George St. Cloud), Tom Amandes), Jamie Harris), Nathan Keyes), Reggie Lee), Stephen Collins (Dr. Dayton King), Melanie Chartoff (Iris Mitchell), Renee Faia (Sally Downs), Nadine Crocker (Lindsay), Gilland Jones (Emily), Nate Reese (Chairman), James Joseph Cole (Young Jim), Krissy Carlson (Young Stephanie), Oliver Alvarez (JJ's Classmate), Ingrid Sanai Buron (Guidance Counselor), Rey Herrera (Referee), Karen-Eileen Gordon (Crime Victim), Wiley Pickett (Cop), Loren Lazerine (Security Guard), Sean Andrew (Batting Cage Clerk), Larry Omaha (Supply Clerk), Lachlan Buchanan (Chad Claremont), Marissa Cuevas (Amanda)

A nice enough beginning. Not blown away by it, but curious how it will continue. But I still need getting used to Michael Chiklis in the lead. Nothing against him (I enjoyed him in Fantastic Four), but he just seem to really fit here. It's mainly his delivery I don't really like here.

Rating:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 16, 2011, 07:51:51 PM »
     Highlander: The Raven (1998/)
IMDb | Wikipedia

Anchor Bay Entertainment (United States)
Length:1078 min.
Video:Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital 5.1
Subtitles:

Plot:
She's roamed the world for 1,200 years, romancing kings, cavorting with thieves, and using her preternatural street smarts to evade the blades of countless evil Immortals. Now, the shrewd and sexy femme fatale, Amanda Derieux, has achieved true immortality in awesome digital format.

HIGHLANDER: The Raven Collection on DVD celebrates all 22 daring and provocative episodes in the high-action HIGHLANDER spin-off series with a 9-disc collector's set that beautifully preserves Elizabeth Gracen's smart and captivating portrayal as the morally conflicted Amanda and her high-risk adventures with hunk detective, Nick Wolfe (Paul Johansson).

Loaded with newly created Bonus Material, each disc boasts behind-the-scenes audio and video commentary from cast and crew, including Gracen and Johansson, plus detailed Cast Bios, Series Trivia, Featurettes and a hilarious Blooper Reel.

With classic HIGHLANDER flourishes, like flashbacks, beautifully choreographed sword duals and electrifying Quickenings, The Raven Collection on DVD marks a must-have chapter for fans of the epic HIGHLANDER legend.

Highlander: The Raven
1.01 Reborn
Writer: Gregory Widen (Original Characters By), Karen Harris (Writer)
Director: Ian Toynton
Cast: Elizabeth Gracen (Amanda Darieux), Paul Johansson (Nick Wolfe), Torri Higginson (Claudia Hoffman), Patricia Gage (Lucy Becker), Michael Copeman (Carl Magnus), Julian Richings (Basil Morgan), James Purcell (Stanley Ferris), Robert McClure (David Hoffman), Hayley Lochner (Annie Hoffman)

This is a spin-off from the Highlander series with a minor side character from that series in the lead.
I really wanted to like this series. I enjoyed Highlander and a series about a female immortal could have been fun. I enjoyed Amanda on Highlander, but I didn't really like her in this series. As a matter of fact I never finished watching this first season. I can understand that it didn't survive to see a second season.
The pilot episode is okay. I enjoyed watching it to a degree.

Rating:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 16, 2011, 08:22:09 PM »
     Highlander: The Complete Animated Series (1994/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

(United States)
Length:960 min.
Audio:English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo
Subtitles:

Plot:
There can be only one! Seven hundred years after the Great Catastrophe, post-apocalyptic Earth is ruled by the evil Immortal Kortan. But now there has arisen a new champion, a young Immortal who will fulfill the ancient prophecy and bring peace to Earth: His name is Quentin MacLeod and he is the Highlander. The ultimate fight between good and evil begins as Quentin embarks on a perilous quest to regain the knowledge that will allow him to destroy Kortan, save the human race and restore peace to the world. Join the Highlander in his quest for peace in this complete animated series!

Highlander: The Animated Series
1.01 The Last of the MacLeods

This is the first time that I ever saw an episode from this series. Maybe it can be enjoyed by children but I didn't enjoy it. And again we have Ramirez in this one. He died in the first movie but for some reason appeared and the second one again, and dies again. And now he appears again in this series which is set some hundred years in the future.

Rating:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 10, 2011, 09:13:39 PM »
     Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (2003/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

Universal Pictures (United Kingdom)
Length:3602 min.
Video:Widescreen 1.78
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Plot:
Battlestar Galactica – The Complete Series – Limited Edition contains the entire Emmy® award-winning* epic Battlestar Galactica series, from the Second Cylon war of the Mini Series through their journey across the vastness of space told in every episode of Seasons 1, 2, 3 and 4 (including the TV movie Razor) and ending with The Final Season. Complete with all season extras, this Limited Edition set contains hours of extra footage not to be missed.

Join the crew of Battlestar Galactica on their epic journey – you won't regret it and you won't ever forget it!

*2007 and 2008 Emmy® Awards
Outstanding Special Visual Effects for a Series

Battlestar Galactica
1.00 Miniseries Part 1 & 2
Writer: Ronald D. Moore (Writer), Christopher Eric James (Writer), Glen A. Larson (Original Material By)
Director: Michael Rymer
Cast: Edward James Olmos (Commander Adama), Mary McDonnell (Laura Roslin), Katee Sackhoff (Lt. Kara Thrace/Starbuck), Jamie Bamber (Capt. Lee Adama/Apollo), James Callis (Gaius Baltar), Tricia Helfer (Number Six), Callum Keith Rennie (Leoben Conoy), Grace Park (Lt. Sharon Valerii/Boomer), Michael Hogan (Col. Tigh), Matthew Bennett (Doral), Paul Campbell (Billy), Aaron Douglas (Crew Chief Tyrol), Barclay Hope (Transport Pilot), Lorena Gale (Elosha), Kandyse McClure (Dualla), Connor Widdows (Boxey), John Mann (CAG), Alessandro Juliani (Gaeta), Nicki Clyne (Cally), Michael Eklund (Prosna), Tahmoh Penikett (Helo), Haili Page (Cami), Alonso Oyarzun (Socinus), Ty Olsson (Capt. Kelly), Ron Blecker (Launch Officer), Ryan Robbins (Armistice Officer), Tim Henry (Doctor), Dwesi Ameyaw (Liner Captain), Brenda McDonald (Old Woman), Suleka Mathew (Reporter), Erin Karpluk (Woman #1), Jenn Griffin (Woman #2), BJ Harrison (Woman #3), Moneca Delain (Blonde Woman), Zahf Paroo (Man #1), Robert Lewis (Man #2), Denzal Sinclaire (Man #3), Nadine Wright (Chantara), Michael Soltis (Chantara's Husband), Fred Keating (Jr. Reporter), Lymari Nadal (Giana), Biski Gugushe (Pilot #1), Nahanni Arntzen (Pilot #2), Nogel Vonas (Pilot #3), Ryan Nelson (Pilot #4)

I haven't seen the series yet. But I have seen this Miniseries before. I like it, but it didn't quite encharm me enough to want to see the series. But I will give it a chance now that I have bought it complete on Blu-ray. There must be something to the series of what I have heard of it.

Rating:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 27, 2012, 07:18:46 PM »
     The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (1981/United Kingdom)
IMDb | Wikipedia

BBC Worldwide (United Kingdom)
Length:200 min.
Audio:English: Dolby Digital 1, English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo
Subtitles:English, Trivia

Plot:
It is the most remarkable, certainly the most successful, book ever to come out of the great publishing corporations of Ursa Minor. More popular than the Celestial Home Care Omnibus, better selling than Fifty Three Things to Do in Zero Gravity, and more controversial than Oolon Colluphid's trilogy of philosophical blockbusters - Where God Went Wrong, Some More of God's Greatest Mistakes and Who is this God Person Anyway? So that whingeing Earthling Arthur Dent should be very grateful he had a copy!

For after Earth is destroyed to make way for a hyperspace bypass, Arthur Dent is let loose in the furthest recesses of the Galaxy armed only with the aforementioned mysterious but indispensable Guide. Follow Dent's cosmic adventures as he is joined by his pretty weird companions: Zaphod Beeblebrox, Ford Prefect, Trillian-the-Astrophysicist-he-met-at-a-party-in-Islington and Marvin the maniacally depressed Android. You never know, they may even find the answer to Life, The Universe and Everything!

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
1.01 Episode 1
Writer: Douglas Adams (Original Material By), Douglas Adams (Screenwriter)
Director: Alan J. W. Bell
Cast: Peter Jones (The Book (voice)), Simon Jones (Arthur Dent), David Dixon (Ford Prefect), Joe Melia (Mr. Prosser), Steve Conway (Barman), Cleo Rocos (Alien), Andrew Mussell (Alien), Douglas Adams (Man in Pub (uncredited)), Steve Trainer (Man in Pub (uncredited)), Bill Barnsley (Man Listening to Radio (uncredited)), David Grahame (Sandwich-Board Man (uncredited))

I always loved the first 2-3 episodes of this 6-episode series. The rest is also good but I never liked them as much as the beginning of the series.
How the entries of the book are displayed is really great. And unlike one would think, they were not done in a computer but are all hand-drawn.
This series introduced the word babelfish to the world and "42" being the answer (but what is the question?).

Rating:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 27, 2012, 08:00:52 PM »
     Home Improvement: Season One (1991/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

(Canada)
Length:566 min.
Audio:English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround, English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo

Plot:
An immediate hit with both fans and critics, this classic family comedy earned an Emmy Award nomination for Outstanding Comedy Series in its very first season and soon found its place among the most popular and acclaimed sitcoms in television history.

Tim Allen ratchets up the laughs as Tim "The Toolman" Taylor in Home Improvement's landmark first season. Relive every hilarious moment with the accident-prone TV show host and the original "Tool Time" girl, Pamela Anderson, in this comprehensive 3-disc set, including all 24 episodes and exclusive bonus features. It's the show you love - with "more power" than ever!

Home Improvement
1.01 Pilot

This series is one of my favorite sitcoms of the 90s. And the first episode is a great introduction to the show. Sadly I don't have the urge to watch the show anymore. I started to watch my second season DVDs years ago and since then never finished it. I also own the rest of the series.

Rating:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 23, 2012, 10:57:04 PM »
     Das Amt: Staffel 1 & 2 (1997/Germany)
IMDb

Koch Media, RTL Television, Spirit Media (Germany)
Length:479 min.
Audio:German: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo
Subtitles:

Das Amt
1.01 Die Neue
Writer: Dietmar Jacobs (Writer)
Director: Micha Terjung
Cast: Jochen Busse (Hagen Krause), Ulrike Bliefert (Ulla Herbst), Thorsten Nindel (Rüdiger Poppels), Claudia Scarpatetti (Nadia Schäfer), Günter Bothur (Dr. Stüsser), Leonhard Mader (Herr Kimmel), Jürgen Schornagel (Antragsteller), Ruth Brück (Antragstellerin)

This is a series I liked to watch the beginning of when it originally aired. Though I grew tired of it after the first or second season.

Rating:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 29, 2012, 11:38:35 PM »
As I am currently rewatching this series, I thought I repost my review of the first episode here. I still enjoy the series just as much as the first time around.

Moonlight
1.01 No Such Thing as Vampires
Writer: Trevor Munson (Created By), Ron Koslow (Created By), Trevor Munson (Writer), Ron Koslow (Writer)
Director: Rod Holcomb
Cast: Alex O'Loughlin (Mick St. John), Sophia Myles (Beth Turner), Shannyn Sossamon (Coraline), Jason Dohring (Josef Kostan), Jacob Vargas (Guillermo), Brian White (Lt. Carl Davis), Kevin Weisman (Steve Balfour), Tami Roman (Maureen 'Mo' Williams), Gigi Rice (Martha Ellis), Dean O'Gorman (Daniel), Shoshana Bush (Chloe Jones), Rudolf Martin (Christian Ellis), Chris M. Kelly (Kelly Foster), Amro Salama (Scientist), Ali Pomerantz (Beth's Mom), Bryn Early (Young Beth #1), Amayla Early (Young Beth #2)

After finishing the first season of "The Vampire Diaries" I thought it would be fitting to continue with this series (and maybe the second season of "True Blood" after that). I had this on my wishlist for a while, but as this one was cancelled unresolved (as far as I know), I wasn't so keen on buying it. But now I got it really cheap, so I couldn't resist.
Another reason why I vary of it was, that the premise isn't really original. We had "Forever Knight" and "Blood Ties" already after all. But I was positively suprised by this pilot episode and I am happy to continue with this series. I hope it holds up.
The female lead really seemed familiar. Also the name Sophia Myles seemed familiar, but I just couldn't place her. Now after checking Profiler, I know that I mainly know her from the movie "Outlander".

Rating:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 04, 2012, 11:08:48 PM »
     Glee: Season One (2010/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment (United Kingdom)
Length:926 min.
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
Subtitles:Danish, English, Finnish, French, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish

Plot:
Join the club and bring home the fun with Glee Karaoke and Glee Jukebox – available only on DVD and Bl-ray! A talented group of high school misfits transforms into a performing sensation with the help of a dedicated teacher. Through laughter, tears, irreverent humor and unforgettable music, they learn to follow their hearts and chase their dreams.

Glee
1.01 Pilot
Writer: Ryan Murphy (Created By), Brad Falchuk (Created By), Ian Brennan (Created By), Ryan Murphy (Writer), Brad Falchuk (Writer), Ian Brennan (Writer)
Director: Ryan Murphy
Cast: Dianna Agron (Quinn Fabray), Chris Colfer (Kurt Hummel), Jessalyn Gilsig (Terri Schuester), Jane Lynch (Sue Sylvester), Jayma Mays (Emma Pillsbury), Kevin McHale (Arty Abrams), Lea Michele (Rachel Berry), Cory Monteith (Finn Hudson), Matthew Morrison (Will Schuester), Amber Riley (Mercedes Jones), Mark Salling (Noah "Puck" Puckerman), Jenna Ushkowitz (Tina Cohen-Chang), Stephen Tobolowsky (Sandy Ryerson), Patrick Gallagher (Ken Tanaka), Iqbal Theba (Principal Figgins), Romy Rosemont (Carole Hudson), Ben Bledsoe (Hank Saunders), Justin Gaston (Football Player), Kent Avenido (Howard), Jane Galloway Heitz (Lillian Adler), Melanie Henderson (Barb), Aaron Hendry (Darren), Jerry Phillips (Young Finn), Naya Rivera (Santana Lopez)

As I always enjoyed musicals and I also enjoy watching TV series, I of course had to check out Glee. This is the first time that I have seen any episode. The pilot started out a little boring, but picked up towards the end. I hope I will enjoy the other episodes more than I did the pilot episode though.

Rating:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 04, 2012, 11:27:19 PM »
Nah... not one I will be looking to add to my collection!  :tease:
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 25, 2012, 04:11:22 PM »
     Sherlock: Series One (2010/United Kingdom)
IMDb | Wikipedia

2 entertain Video (United Kingdom)
Length:266 min.
Audio:English: Dolby Digital 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo

Plot:
The world's favourite detective has emerged from the fog... this is Sherlock for a new generation.

Sherlock
1.01 A Study in Pink
Writer: Steven Moffat (Writer), Steven Moffat (Created By), Mark Gatiss (Created By), Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (Original Material By)
Director: Paul McGuigan
Cast: Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock Holmes), Martin Freeman (Dr John Watson), Rupert Graves (DI Lestrade), Una Stubbs (Mrs Hudson), Louise Brealey (Molly Hooper), Vinette Robinson (Sgt Sally Donovan), Tanya Moodie (Ella), Siobhán Hewlett (Helen), William Scott-Masson (Sir Jeffrey Patterson), Victoria Wicks (Margaret Patterson), Sean Young (Gary), James Duncan (Jimmy), Political Aides), * Ruth Everett), * Syrus Lowe), ), Katy Maw (Beth Davenport), Reporters), * Ben Green), * Pradeep Jey), * Imogen Slaughter), ), David Nellist (Mike Stamford), Louise Breckon-Richards (Jennifer Wilson), Jonathan Aris (Anderson), Lisa McAllister (Anthea), Stanley Townsend (Angelo), Peter Brooke (Taxi Passenger), Phil Davis (Jeff), Mark Gatiss (Mycroft Holmes (uncredited))

I bought this set because it was cheap and I heard good things about it. But I was still weary if it was my thing. To my surprise I enjoyed the first episode much more than I expected.

Rating:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 10, 2012, 11:11:15 PM »
     Eureka: Season One (2006/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

Universal Pictures (Germany)
Length:533 min.
Audio:German: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: Dolby Digital 5.1
Subtitles:English, German

Plot:
Eureka takes place in a high tech fictional community of the same name, located in the U.S. state of Oregon (Washington in the pilot) and inhabited entirely by brilliant scientists working on new scientific advances. The town is operated by a corporation called Global Dynamics (GD), that is overseen by the United States Department of Defense. The town's existence and location are closely guarded secrets.

U.S. Marshal Jack Carter stumbles upon Eureka while transporting a fugitive prisoner (his own rebellious teenage daughter Zoe) back to her mother's home in Los Angeles. When a faulty experiment cripples the sheriff of Eureka, Carter finds himself quickly chosen to fill the vacancy. Despite not being a genius like most members of the town, Jack Carter demonstrates a remarkable ability to connect to others, keen and practical insights, and a dedication to preserving the safety of Eureka.

Eureka
1.01 Pilot
Writer: Andrew Cosby (Writer), Jaime Paglia (Writer)
Director: Peter O'Fallon
Cast: Colin Ferguson (Jack Carter), Salli Richardson (Allison Blake), Greg Germann (Warren King), Jordan Hinson (Zoe Carter), Joe Morton (Henry Deacon), Erica Cerra (Jo Lupo), Neil Grayston (Douglas Fargo), Meshach Peters (Kevin Blake), Matt Frewer (Jim Taggart), Debrah Farentino (Beverly Barlowe), Maury Chaykin (Sheriff William Cobb), Rob LaBelle (Walter Perkins), Gary Chalk (Col. Briggs), Jennifer Clement (Susan Perkins), Shayn Solberg (Spencer Martin), Zak Ludwig (Brian Perkins), Chris Gauthier (Vincent), Benjamin Smith (Oppenheimer), Ian Carter (Chief Marshal), Kwesi Ameyaw (Special Agent Hicks), Chris Burns (Soldier), Tyler McClendon (Corporal), Norm Sherry), Kevin Murray (Charlie), Keith Wilson (Baker Twin), Bryan Wilson (Baker Twin)

I saw this cheap while online shopping and read up a little about it. Sounded like a series which could be fun.
I enjoyed the pilot episode. Especially the first half, when our main character first sets foot in the city. The second half lost a little for me. The problem and the solution they had to deal with seemed a little contrived with nonsense technobabble. I hope the rest of the series doesn't rely to much on such plot devices.

Rating:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 03, 2012, 02:08:59 PM »
     Hyperdrive: Series One & Two (2006/United Kingdom)
IMDb | Wikipedia

2 entertain Video (United Kingdom)
Length:351 min.
Audio:English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo

Plot:
It is 2151. Britain has launched a fleet of spaceships to protect her interests in a changing galaxy. Amongst them is the HMS Camden Lock, with a crew who will risk everything and stop at nothing to bring harmony to the galaxy, while encouraging aliens to relocate their businesses to Peterborough.

They are led by the inappropriately optimistic Commander Henderson, a glorious hero in the eyes of himself, and his First Officer, York, not just a brilliant scientist and tactician, but also a borderline psychopath. The rest of the crew comprise love-struck Diplomatic Officer Teal, who burns several boxes of candles for the Commander; manic depressive Nagivator Vine; insubordinate Technical Officer Jeffers and enhanced human Sandstrom - whose body and mind were modified in exchange for the Space Force paying off her student loan. Together they experience the highs and lows of space travel and inter-galactic diplomacy: big swivelly chairs, anoying talking doors, and, of course, the alien wars that threaten the survival of life in the universe...

Hyperdrive
1.01 A Gift From the Glish
Writer: Kevin Cecil (Writer), Andy Riley (Writer)
Director: John Henderson
Cast: Nick Frost (Henderson), Kevin Eldon (York), Miranda Hart (Teal), Dan Antopolski (Jeffers), Stephen Evans (Vine), Petra Massey (Sandstrom), Paterson Joseph (Space Marshal), Richard Katz (Male Glish), Katherine Jakeways (Female Glish), Laurence Howarth (Fasmoff), Remi WIlson (Piretti), Joe Marshall (Wade), Waen Shepherd (Captain Helix), Stephanie Dooley (Beautiful Space Lady), Morwenna Banks (Announcer), Computer Voices), * Maggie Service ( (voice)), * Ewan Bailey ( (voice))

Not as funny as I hoped. But probably something I hopefully will finish watching in the future. If it would have been better, I probably would have watched the whole series today before continuing on in this marathon.

Rating:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 03, 2012, 02:10:34 PM »
This finishes off my Hs.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 03, 2012, 03:13:59 PM »
     I Dream of Jeannie: Season One (1965/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

(United States)
Length:792 min.
Audio:English: Dolby Digital 1, Spanish: Dolby Digital 1, Portuguese: Dolby Digital 1, Japanese: Dolby Digital 1, Commentary: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo
Subtitles:

Plot:
With the blink of her eyes and a nod of her head, Barbara Eden will make your wishes come true in the premiere season of "I DREAM OF JEANNIE," available on DVD for the first time! Complete with all 30 episodes, this four-disc collection introduces Larry Hagman as Captain Anthony "Tony" Nelson, an astronaut who finds himself "Master" to a beautiful and crafty genie (Eden) whom he unknowingly releases from a bottle. Together, he and Jeannie are a magical match. Packed with bonus features and boasting some of television's brightest guest stars, such as Dabney Coleman, Maureen McCormick, Chuck Yeager and Bill Mumy, "I DREAM OF JEANNIE" is the beloved must-own comedy series that will have you dreaming of TV's Golden Age.

I Dream of Jeannie
1.01 The Lady in the Bottle (1965-09-18)
Writer: Sidney Sheldon (Writer)
Director: Gene Nelson
Cast: Barbara Eden (Jeannie), Larry Hagman (Capt. Anthony Nelson), Karen Sharpe (Melissa), Hayden Rorke (Dr. Bellows), Philip Ober (General Stone), Baynes Barron (Commander), Joe Higgins (2nd Garbage Man), Richard Reeves (1st Garbage Man), Warren Kemmerling (Husband), Patricia Scott (Wife), Don Dubbins (Lt. Pete Conway, USNR), Bill Daily (Capt. Roger Healey)

I always preferred I Dream of Jeannie over Bewitched. This pilot is a good introduction to the series. Although there is not yet the familiar theme tune. And also no Roger Healey.
It always surprises me how sexual the series was early in its run. Here Jeannie constantly kisses Tony and brings him into compromising situations. Her sole in this pilot episode is trying to break him and his fiancé up, so that she can have him.

Rating:
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 03:19:15 PM by Tom »