Author Topic: Tower Heist  (Read 2001 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Tower Heist
« on: December 03, 2011, 09:11:41 AM »
I went to see Tower Heist a few weeks ago when I had the chance.  The movie was entertaining, but not as good as it could have been.

The idea that people taken advantage of by an investment person wanting to get their money back makes sense and is believable.  Other things that happen later in the movie aren't as believable.  Things are set up well enough, though the characters could have been developed more.  Several things that happen end up being predictable overall.  The few surprises there are in the movie are very small.  One of the trailers I saw before seeing the movie actually showed something that is kind of a spoiler for one thing.  The trailers did make the movie look pretty funny.  Unfortunately, the movie isn't as funny as the trailer made it out to be.  The funniest bits are in the trailer.  I hate when that happens.  There are some sexual comments made at different times that may bother some viewers. 

The cast is ok in their parts, though no one really gets that much to do.  Alan Alda is one of the highlights.  Eddie Murphy is good too.

Overall, I did enjoy Tower Heist, but it isn't anywhere as good as it could have been.  Fans of the cast may find something to like.

I did post a review at Epinions.

Tower Heist