Author Topic: 14 Days of Romance Marathon  (Read 23406 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: 14 Days of Romance Marathon
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2011, 08:40:10 PM »
Picket Fences: Season One
Eccentricity defines daily life in Rome, Wisconsin, where the Tin Man from The Wizard of Oz is murdered, a student brings a severed hand to school for show-and-tell, and a woman runs over her husband with a steamroller pleading "not guilty by reason of menopause". Sheriff Jimmy Brock has seen it all. Indeed, behind the tidy picket fences of this quirky little town lie all the same problems and prejudices found in the big city, except in a small town everyone seems to know everyone else's business -- or thinks they do!

Episode Watched:
BE MY VALENTINE
Max gets more than she bargained for when she goes undercover to help catch Cupid, a serial killer who murders women he meets through the personals.

My Thoughts:
While still a little on the preachy side (as this entire series was)... this one isn't quite as bad as most on that. And it has a very good and interesting mystery story of the serial killer. Definitely one of the better episodes of the season.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2011, 04:46:52 AM »
Wow... One week in... And I still haven't watched a single Sandra Bullock movie? What is going on here?  :tease:
But seriously....what is going on? :stars:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2011, 05:10:04 AM »
Oh my goodness....do you have a fever?  Are you a pod person?  Is the real Pete trapped in an alien spaceship?
;)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2011, 05:13:21 AM »
hmmmm....  :hmmmm:

Resistance is futile.
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2011, 05:21:36 AM »
 :laugh:

Oh no....you're becoming a borg.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2011, 04:25:41 PM »

Outsourced
Outsourced is set in a Mumbai, India call center, where an American novelties company has recently outsourced its order processing. A lone American manages the call center and must explain American popular culture to his employees as he tries to understand Indian culture.

Episode Watched:
The Todd Couple
Todd gives the employees anger management; Asha is taken back when Madhuri receives a gift from a secret admirer.

My Thoughts:
This is a show I only find ok... but I continue to watch it since nothing else is on at the same time. Though I may decide to just drop it here soon as it isn't keeping my interest at all.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2011, 06:01:26 PM »
I saw the promo (the network seems to want this to be a big hit), but I just can't understand what is funny with the fact that no jobs are available anymore in the factory because they are no factories anymore, since they were moved in third world countries. A couple of weeks ago I've seen a documentary about Detroit and that was sure a depressing hour... Yeah it's funny that the jobs are now in China, India, Mexico,...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 06:02:57 PM by Jimmy »

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2011, 06:40:17 PM »

Outsourced
Outsourced is set in a Mumbai, India call center, where an American novelties company has recently outsourced its order processing. A lone American manages the call center and must explain American popular culture to his employees as he tries to understand Indian culture.

Looks like a mixture of The Office with Indian culture shock. Could be interesting. I may have to check it out. I also see that there a movie (romantic comedy) with a similar premise coming out on DVD (UK).

Najemikon

« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2011, 08:58:30 PM »
Tom, have you ever seen East Is East? I think you might enjoy that. I mention it because the sequel (despite it being a while since the first one) is about to be released called West Is West.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2011, 09:18:02 PM »
You have mentioned it in the past, but I never got around to it. I have put it on my wishlist now and will buy it with one of my next orders. I see that it stars Om Puri. I have seen him in a lot of supporting roles in Hindi movies.

Najemikon

« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2011, 09:23:11 PM »
 :laugh: Pestered you into submission! But in all seriousness, it is a good, unassuming film. Fits in with the very British comedy styles of Full Monty and Brassed Off and I think it shows our cross-over culture at it's best.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2011, 08:14:34 PM »
I think I bit off more then I could chew on this marathon. Just barely over a week and already sick of this type of movie. I may add to it yet... or just may say the heck with it. Not sure yet.
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2011, 05:12:26 AM »
I think I bit off more then I could chew on this marathon. Just barely over a week and already sick of this type of movie. I may add to it yet... or just may say the heck with it. Not sure yet.
It was noticable that reviews came trickling in, rather than how they pour in during a horror marathon ;)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2011, 12:37:58 PM »
 :laugh: Yeah I guess... will just have to leave this topic to the weekend marathon in the future!
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2011, 05:37:47 PM »
Now I would be just the opposite...I could watch romantic films (especially romantic comedies) ad infinitum and on...but doubt I could watch a week's worth of horror.  You could always compromise...watch Bride of Frankenstein!  :tease: