Author Topic: Off the Map: The Complete Series  (Read 1027 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Off the Map: The Complete Series
« on: February 02, 2012, 07:24:58 PM »
     Off the Map: The Complete Series (2011/United States)

From the Golden Globe-winning creators of Grey's Anatomy comes a riveting new drama about a team of idealistic young doctors committed to saving lives and pushing the boundaries of medicine with nothing but brains, instinct and the untapped healing powers of the uncharted jungle. Experience all the excitement of Off The Map: The Complete Series.

It may be lush and tropical, but it's a far cry from paradise...Welcome to "La Ciudad des las Estrellas", a tiny village in the South American rainforest with just one understaffed, under-stocked medical clinic. Against this low-tech, high-stress backdrop, seven maverick physicians struggle to make a difference while they also grapple with the personal demons that led them there.

Join a stellar ensemble cast as they portray a flawed but fearless band of doctors who will go to the ends of the earth to change the world for the better – one patient at a time. Relive every moment of this uplifting series, and enjoy never-before-seen bonus features including outtakes and deleted scenes. If you crave adventure, suspense, romance and exotic surroundings, go Off The Map!

Episode:
1. Saved by the Great White Hope
2. Smile. Don't Kill Anyone
3. A Doctor Time Out
4. On the Mean Streets of San Miguel
5. I'm Here
6. It's Good
7. Es Un Milagro
8. It's a Leaf
9. There's Nothing To Fix
10. I’m Home
11. Everything's As It Should Be
12. Hold On Tight
13. There's A Lot To Miss About The Jungle

Stars:
Jonathan Castellanos as Charlie
Valerie Cruz as Dr. Zitajalehrena "Zee" Alvarez
Caroline Dhavernas as Dr. Lily Brenner
Jason George as Dr. Otis Cole
Zach Gilford as Dr. Tommy Fuller
Mamie Gummer as Dr. Mina Minard
Martin Henderson as Dr. Ben Keeton
Rachelle LeFevre as Dr. Ryan Clark

Extras:
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I just finished this complete series set. It was a new series that aired last season... made by the same people that make Grey's Anatomy. The series is more then a medical drama... it is more like a medical drama mixed with an action/adventure type series. Unfortunately it only lasted a half of season before getting canceled. Since it was canceled so quickly there isn't a satisfying ending to the series. To many questions left unanswered. While I enjoyed every minute of this series, I am not surprised that it was canceled the way it was. It isn't the best medical drama I ever seen... and I can see where some people wouldn't like it considering the main storyline and location. But personally that is one of the things I liked about it. My favorite character on this series is Dr. Lily Brenner played by Caroline Dhavernas... who coincidentally starred in another short-lived series I really liked... Wonderfalls. My Favorite episode is a little hard for me to pick since I enjoyed them all so much... but I guess I would have to go with I'm Here... an episode where the doctors had to amputate a girls leg underwater when she gets trapped in some rocks while scuba diving. Surprisingly for a short-lived series... there is a nice amount of extras. My favorite extra is normally the Outtakes/Bloopers... but not in this case as there really wasn't much to them at all this time. So in this set I would have to say the Making Of featurette has to be my favorite. It really was interesting to see all the locations and how they shot some of the stuff they did.

I would say if you can deal with the fact that there is no satisfactory ending to the series... this is one I would recommend checking out. Especially if you normally enjoy medical dramas. As this is a medical drama with a twist.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete