Author Topic: The Incredible Hulk Marathon  (Read 49570 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: The Incredible Hulk Marathon
« Reply #120 on: December 26, 2010, 01:13:17 PM »
I think I will see if I can't finish off this marathon today.  :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 26, 2010, 02:47:01 PM »
The Incredible Hulk: Reunion Movies

1. The Incredible Hulk Returns
Airdate: May 22, 1988
The Incredible Hulk is back...But is he any match for the Mighty Thor?

It's been two years since his last transformation, and Dr. David Banner has developed a new Gamma Transponder that he hopes will cure him of his inner monster forever. But when a former colleague unearths the frozen tomb of an ancient Norse warrior king, the Mighty Thor is unleashed upon 20th Century society. Can the Hulk end the rampage of this mead-crazed barbarian, or will the two raging beasts become allies to save both the Transponder and the woman Banner loves?

Six years after their hit series ended, Bixby, Ferrigno and Jack Colvin returned for this top-rated television movie. Tim Thomerson, Charles Napier, Lee Purcell and Steve Levitt co-star in this action-packed fan favorite that Stomp Tokyo calls "quite possibly the best thing to come out of the series!"

Guest Stars:
Lee Purcell
Charles Napier
John Gabriel
Jay Baker
Tim Thomerson
Eric Allan Kramer

My Thoughts:
This one was a great reunion movie. Probably my favorite of the reunion movies. In it The Incredible Hulk teams up with The Mighty Thor. This made it twice the fun for me... as I used to watch the Thor cartoons when I was a kid as well. This reunion movie always felt like it should have also served as a pilot for a series for The Mighty Thor! I know I would have loved it as they made both the characters likable as well as interesting... I think it could have been a lot of fun!

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 26, 2010, 04:22:43 PM »

2. Trial of the  Incredible Hulk
Airdate: May 7, 1989
The Incredible Hulk is back...But is he any match for the Mighty Thor?

David Banner faces his greatest challenge...But can any court withstand both the Hulk and Daredevil?
While trying to stop a subway mugging, David Banner is arrested for assault and is defended by blind attorney Matt Murdock. But when Hulk goes berserk and breaks out of jail, Murdock reveals his own secret to David Banner: Blinded by toxic radiation, he stalks the night as the super sensory acrobatic crime fighter called Daredevil. Can two men with uncommon powers now join forces to defeat an international crime syndicate or will their raging demons destroy whatever stands in their way?

John Rhys-Davies co-stars as the Kingpin in this top-rated 1989 television film directed by Bill Bixby that features one of the all-time great Hulk rampage scenes as well as a cameo appearance by Marvel Comics' Stan Lee!

Guest Stars:
Nancy Everhard
Nicholas Hormann
Richard Cummings, Jr.
Joseph Mascolo
John Rhys Davies
Rex Smith

My Thoughts:
Even though this is a good TV Movie that I enjoyed quite a bit... there is a couple things that bother me about it. First at the beginning of the movie David Banner has a full beard and when he changes to The Hulk... The Hulk has no facial hair what so ever. That just don't make much sense to me. The next problem I had is what did they do to the Daredevil!?! Everyone knows he is in a red costume. But yet in this movie they have him in a black ninja-like costume! See what I mean in the picture above. I did like that they had John Rhys-Davies (Sliders) playing The Kingpen. Even if they didn't do him bald like the comics and toons. I thought he did a good job all the same. As I said... I did enjoy the movie. There is just a couple things that should have been done differently. At least in my opinion.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 26, 2010, 04:47:33 PM »
I think I will save the last movie for another day... and start a thread for one of the new series I just got.  ;D
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 22, 2011, 06:37:09 PM »

3. Death of the  Incredible Hulk
Airdate: Febuary 18, 1990
The Death of the Incredible Hulk is the fascinating finale of the hugely popular TV series about a scientist, Dr. David Banner, who transforms into a mighty, larger-than-life beast called the Hulk when he gets angry. Desperately trying to rid himself of his monster-like alter ego once and for all, Banner sneaks into a government research lab run by Dr. Ronald Pratt, hoping to find a solution. When Pratt discovers Banner's plight, he offers to help. But a beautiful spy, who's out to steal Pratt's ideas for terrorists, forces Banner to choose between love and loyalty, good and evil, and ultimately, life and death.

Guest Stars:
Elizabeth Gracen
Philip Sterling
Barbara Tarbuck
Anna Katerina
John Novak

My Thoughts:
I decided to watch this one today (January 22) because today is Bill Bixby's birthday. He would have been 77 today. So what better time to finally finish off this thread.

This one has to be my least favorite of the reunion movies. I still did enjoy it... it just wasn't quite as enjoyable as the first two movies. Unlike the first two there was no other guess superhero. And I just found parts of the storyline to be a little too slow. This is the only reunion movie that didn't have Jack McGee chasing after stories of the Hulk. Apparently they couldn't get Jack Colvin to appear for one reason or another. I keep going back and forth on how I would have wanted the story to end. David finding a cure or finding death. But in the end I think they went the right way.

My Rating:
Pete