Author Topic: Blades of Glory  (Read 2266 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Blades of Glory
« on: January 20, 2011, 03:52:58 AM »
Blades of Glory

"Blades of Glory is pure hilarity, a gold medal comedy winner"* starring comic superstar Will Ferrell (Talledega Nights) and Jon Heder (Napolean Dynamite). Bitter figure skating rivals Chazz Michael Michaels (Ferrell) and Jimmy MacElroy (Heder) brawl after tying for the gold medal at the world championships. Banned for life from men’s competition, these archrivals beat the system thanks to a loophole that allows them to skate again - in pairs competition! Co-starring Craig T. Nelson, Will Arnett, Amy Poehler and Jenna Fischer.

* Pete Hammond, Maxim

My Thoughts

I first saw this one in the theater when it originally came out.  I've seen it a few times since then and I still enjoy it.

Blades of Glory is definitely a silly movie.  While I enjoy it, I know that it isn't going to appeal to a lot of people.  The premise of the plot - 2 men skating together - is a bit bizarre, but I think that makes the movie more entertaining.  It will be too different for some viewers..or just too silly and stupid.  I think this one is a decent pick for people in the mood for a silly movie.  Some of the humor is a bit crude and could offend people.  There are a few sexual situations, though no actual sex scenes.  The characters are a bit odd, but entertaining.  I do think the cast does well with their parts.

The DVD has some bloopers and deleted scenes and a featurette on the making of the movie.  The extras are entertaining.  I've seen that the movie is also available on Blu-ray, though I have no idea what extras are on it.

Overall I do really like this movie, though I realize it isn't going to appeal to everyone.

I did post a review on Epinions after seeing the movie in the theater.

Blades of Glory