Author Topic: Yogi Bear  (Read 2164 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Yogi Bear
« on: January 16, 2011, 08:33:52 PM »
Yogi Bear

Yes this one is silly, but it was also entertaining.  It probably helps that I was in the mood for something silly when I went to see it.  It is far from the best movie of the year, but it also really isn't as horrible as some people have said.

The plot is rather simple, with Yogi and Boo Boo trying to steal picnic baskets before learning that Jellystone is in danger of being closed.  They try to help Ranger Smith, but of course things go wrong.  Rachel turns up wanting to make a nature film in the park, and there is an attempt to add a relationship between her and Ranger Smith.  Not much happens with that since they are both supposed to be socially awkward.  Most of what happens is rather predictable, but it still manages to be cute and entertaining overall.  This isn't going to appeal to a lot of people.

This one has a mix of live action and animation, with Yogi and Boo Boo being animated characters who interact with real people.  In some ways, it probably would have been better if the movie was entirely animation.  Yogi and Boo Boo look fine and do realistically interact with real people and objects. 

Dan Aykroyd does the voice of Yogi.  He does fine with the voice and he does sound a lot like I remember the character sounding from the cartoons.  Justin Timberlake does fine with the voice of Boo Boo.  The other cast is fine, though no one really stands out. 

I enjoyed Yogi Bear, though it is far from the best family movie of the year.  It could have been better, but it also could have been a lot worse.

3 stars

I did get a longer review posted at Epinions.

Yogi Bear