Author Topic: Addicted2DVD's 25 Days of Christmas Marathon: 2010  (Read 39713 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Addicted2DVD's 25 Days of Christmas Marathon: 2010
« Reply #60 on: December 23, 2010, 04:02:01 PM »
Picket Fences: Season 1: High Tidings
The day before Christmas is anything but jolly after Brock catches his daughter having sex; Kimberly's birthmother, Sheriff Brock's first wife, arrives. An angry and delusional Santa Claus takes Max and Ginny hostage.

My Thoughts:
This is one of the first shows I ever seen do 2 Christmas episodes within one season. I liked this one a little more then I did the last one... but that could be because it has more Holly Marie Combs in it! Still a preachy show?.... yes! But in this case I think I would have reacted much like the father on this show did. I couldn't imagine walking in on my daughter having sex... I definitely would have went off! I probably would have hurt the boy... and spent Christmas in jail.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2010, 05:40:12 PM »
Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman: Season 4: TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE MXYMAS
The day before Christmas is anything but jolly after Brock catches his daughter having sex; Kimberly's birthmother, Sheriff Brock's first wife, arrives. An angry and delusional Santa Claus takes Max and Ginny hostage.

My Thoughts:
Three of the four years that Lois and Clark was on the air they had a Christmas episode. And out of the 3 Christmas episodes... this one is my favorite. I thought the story was a lot of fun... and thought that Howie Mandel was a great choice as MR. MXYZPTLK.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 25, 2010, 10:27:11 PM »
Batman The Brave and the Bold Volume 1
Batman saves the day with a little help from some friends!
Nothing stops Batman and his quest for justice in these four action-packed episodes from the thrilling new series!  Allied with DC Super Heros Aquaman, Plastic Man, Blue Beetle and Red Tornado, Batman faces villainous masterminds, intergalictic crooks and evil dictators in out-of-this-world adventures that take him through a wormhole, to the depths of the ocean and on a Christmastime crimestopping campaign against an army of toys!  This fresh version of the legendary hero mixes the cool, confident "Bats" (as he's known to his buddies) with high-stakes peril and awesome showdowns for universe-shaking excitement you can't miss!

Episode Watched:
Invasion of the Secret Santas!
After Batman battles the Sportsmaster with Blue Beetle, he teams up with the Red Tornado to battle Fun Haus, who plans to ruin Christmas for everyone with his army of toys.

My Thoughts:
I decided on the Christmas episode for my first taste of this animated Batman series. Wow... what do I think about this one? It definitely has a different feel to it. I like how the episodes has more (lesser known?) heroes in it. In the beginning of this one The Blue Beetle is with Batman. He seems pretty cool... I think I will like him. but for the majority of this episode it is with the Red Tornado. This is a robotic superhero... and I don't care much for him. I also found it a little odd that Batman actually cracked a few jokes in this episode. So he isn't as dark as I am used to seeing him. Over-all not bad... I definitely enjoyed it. But I am not yet sure what I think of Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete