Author Topic: Are You Afraid of the Dark? marathon!!  (Read 31280 times)

addicted2comics(:P)

Re: Are You Afraid of the Dark? marathon!!
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2010, 12:25:54 AM »

54) The Tale of the Jagged Sign
A girl sent to stay with her aunt tries to solve the mystery of a strange symbol and a ghost waiting in the mountains for the woman he loved.

My Thoughts:

Have to admit, a pretty creepy ghost story. A nice love story too! Very memorable. Although, I think we should all know what the "Mystery Sign" is, not even looking at the end.

(click to show/hide)

My Rating
Out of 5
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 03:24:21 AM by addicted2comics(:P) »

« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2010, 12:32:40 AM »

55) The Tale of Station 109.1
A death-obsessed boy discovers a radio station that takes its listeners to the afterlife—whether they want to go or not.

My Thoughts:

So Stig is up for another initiation story, because apparently "The Tale of the Dead Man's Float" isn't good enough to get in ... uh, ok? I thought it was really good, but ...

Also, guess who guest stars? Gilbert Gottfried! Yes! That squinty-eyed little weasel! Gotta love it.

The death theme for the episode really makes it stand out. The boy was making a grave with his mashed potatoes and carrots!  :laugh: And a business to get people to cross over? Like, same fashion as a pharmacy? Weird, but awesome!

My Rating:
Out of 5
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 03:04:41 AM by addicted2comics(:P) »

« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2010, 03:09:20 AM »

56) The Tale of the Mystical Mirror
A self-conscious girl gets hired to work at a boutique where the owner uses a magic mirror to steal her employees' beauty and turns them into dogs before killing them.

My Thoughts:

The mirror reveals how old the witch really is. Its a plot device I never cared for and has been used, again, so many times. I can't seem to get into it, but the transformations and spells are interesting. Also spreads a good message of beauty being only skin-deep. Decent episode, average.

My Rating
Out of 5

« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2010, 03:14:31 AM »

57) The Tale of the Chameleons
A reckless girl doesn't heed the warning of getting bitten by a chameleon ("Bite ya once, bite ya twice, a little water, pay the price!") and gets turned into one by a chameleon who disguises herself as the girl as part of a plan to unleash her species on the world.

My Thoughts:

Yeah! Tia and Tamera! I LOVED Sister, Sister! ;D

Aside from me being such a comic book fan that I keep remembering the Chameleon from Spider-Man whenever I read the title, still a favorite! Tia and Tamera do such a great job in this, too. I noticed the make-up department went through every detail to make the twins look alike. One has a mole on her cheek, the other doesn't. In the show, they both have it. That deserves a  :clap:

My Rating:
Out of 5

« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2010, 03:18:01 AM »

58) The Tale of Prisoner's Past
Two stepbrothers accidentally release a convict's ghost while visiting an old prison on a school field trip.

My Thoughts:

The old prisoner ghost stories were always creepy. I watched places like that on Ghost Hunters. I have to say, I was almost scared watching this, but its a kids show so, yeah, almost. ;)

Nicely done.

My Rating:
Out of 5

« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2010, 03:23:06 AM »

59) The Tale of C7
A family buys an abandoned hotel and summon a spirit from a nearby lake by playing a popular selection on an old jukebox.

My Thoughts:

A haunted jukebox? Ok ...

Definitely original. And did I see the Ghastly Grinner comic?  ;) Cool ghost story. Would have been better if, say, there were actual ghost contact instead of only sightings before the resolve. However, dying at war? That's a death everyone can not only believe but feel sympathy. (Respect for the troops)

Heartwarming ending. Not the best episode, but good.

My Rating
Out of 5
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 03:25:35 AM by addicted2comics(:P) »

« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2010, 02:39:51 AM »

60) The Tale of the Manaha
A young boy who is the butt of practical jokes at summer camp steals statue, releasing mythical creatures who hunt for human flesh.

My Thoughts:

A decent monster-in-the-woods show. I like how it mixed with voodoo to kind of give it an unusual on all the myths surrounding ... well, just about everywhere. I actually am a believer in Bigfoot and the like. It's refreshing to see an interpretation other than a "missing link" or a rampaging monster.

My Rating
Out of 5

« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2010, 02:46:18 AM »

61) The Tale of the Unexpected Visitor
Two boys use top-secret audio equipment to broadcast their music into space. They succeed when a kid alien answers their message—and comes over to play.

My Thoughts:

So, this guy had enough nonsense in his head to mess with the deep space equipment? Um ... ok, then ...

Now, this is a real alien show! The traps aren't what you'd normally think of as a alien device, but its cool! Although yuou never get a good look at the aliens, it is one of the more enjoyable episodes.

My Rating
Out of 5
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 02:50:55 AM by addicted2comics(:P) »

« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2010, 02:50:21 AM »

62) The Tale of the Vacant Lot
An insecure young girl shops at a bizarre store that supplies her with everything she needs to be popular—in exchange for her life.

My Thoughts:

So, here someone gives you everything you want, and it blows up in your face. Tell me. Isn't there a faint Genie resemblence here? Anyway, this is decent but not really that great. Average at best.

My Rating
Out of 5
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 02:59:21 AM by addicted2comics(:P) »

« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2010, 02:57:59 AM »

63) The Tale of a Door Unlocked
A boy buys a toy door from Sardo's magic shop that predicts death for a girl he likes.

My Thoughts:

Ugh, Sardo is back! To help a kid out with girls, he gives him ..  a mini door? Ok? Well, I heard Sardo say "Super Specs" when he was rummaging.  ;) Continuity! Boom! (lol, sorry, couldn't stop the itsjustsomerandomguy reference there!)

The story does suggest a good question. If given the chance, would you be able to change the future? I think its a pretty interesting topic to address. :)

My Rating
Out of 5

« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2010, 01:30:44 AM »

64) The Tale of the Night Shift
A hospital volunteer fears for her life when her co-workers are killed off and turned into the walking dead by a vampire living in the basement.

My Thoughts:

Aww, a deeper love connection between Gary and Sam. How cute.  :)

Another favorite of mine. Exciting. Kinda funny. You can't go wrong with vampires! But, now in the make-up department, the biggest mistake was the main vamp. Look at him! (Pic shown above) Also, the bite marks could have used some work. My father and I both agree that they are too close together, and I personally think they look too swollen, but its all a matter of opinion.

Still, a vampire show is a vampire show, and this one for the series didn't disappoint!!

My Rating
Out of 5

« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2010, 01:34:08 AM »

65) The Tale of Badge
On her sixteenth birthday, a girl learns from her grandmother that she is a witch and must use her newfound magic to stop a demon named Badge.

My Thoughts:

One of the weirder ones. I'm actually at a loss for words. Its like a mix of witches & magic, music, and other worlds. Its actually pretty good, but I just have a hard time wrapping my mind around the plot.

My Rating
Out of 5

« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2010, 01:39:16 AM »

66) The Tale of the Forever Game
After a boy who mistreats his friends and family steps into an ancient, creaking tree, he learns that he must play a game that will put his sister and friend in serious jeopardy if he loses.

My Thoughts:

After three years of being canceled, "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" made a come back! With a new Midnight Society being led by Gary's brother, Tucker.

The Forever Game was never a favorite. Its ok, good plot. It was nice seeing the main twists being all a part of a game. Really different.

My Rating
Out of 5

« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2010, 01:43:18 AM »

67) The Tale of the Zombie Dice
A strange video arcade owner challenges kids to a game where the losers are shrunk down and sent to countries all over the world as pets, with many of them dying before they can reach their destination.

My Thoughts:

Ugh ... the game itself is a total gamble. Although I have played a game similar to zombie dice, but it was part of the Powerpuff Girls Board Game. :laugh: This show is weird, no doubt, but good. I especially love who comes to the rescue.

(click to show/hide)

My Rating
Out of 5

« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2010, 01:46:51 AM »

68) The Tale of Jake the Snake
A boy called Wiley that is not very good on the hockey field discovers a hockey-stick with the title "Snake" on it, which belonged to the greatest ice hockey player in the world: Jake "the Snake" Desmond. Unfortunately, Jake Desmond is now a snake in human form and unless Wiley stops playing, he will join all the other players as snakes who used the stick before him.

My Thoughts:

The snake theme is mega creepy. A test of friendship always leads to a good moral too. I have to say, there was also good effects on the peeling skin and the actual "Jake the Snake" character. Nicely done.

My Rating
Out of 5