Author Topic: Are You Afraid of the Dark? marathon!!  (Read 31371 times)

addicted2comics(:P)

Re: Are You Afraid of the Dark? marathon!!
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2010, 10:19:05 PM »

39) The Tale of the Dangerous Soup
Dr. Vink is back and running a restaurant where a demon harvests the fear from their employees, including guest star Neve Campbell, as the main ingredient for a popular dish.

My Thoughts:

Whoa! Dr.Vink makes a come back! As a chef! A soup made directly from fear. The proccess is fun, but a little slow at times. It may know what scares you, but it also apparently is able to be in two places at once! So, the talismon thing flys out and is there to scre the kids? Makes no sense to me, but still kinda fun.

My Rating
Out of 5

« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2010, 10:25:15 PM »

40) The Tale of Cutter's Treasure (1)
Two brothers unleash the spirit of a ruthless pirate named Jonas Cutter after unlocking an antique treasure chest in Sardo's Magic Mansion. Charles S. Dutton guest stars as Jonas Cutter.

My Thoughts:

A pirate story. Can't say I've been interested, read one book and saw one movie on the subject, so my expectations weren't high. However, this part really builds up a mystery with a spyglass. Suspensful. To think, a mysterious pirate ghost story!

P.S., There's a hint of who's to come before it ends! And the magic set? A Shandu set. Referring back to "The Tale of the Magician's Assistant".

My Rating
Out of 5

« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2010, 10:31:48 PM »

41) The Tale of Cutter's Treasure (2)

When Cutter kidnaps one of the brothers, it's up to the other to save him and avenge the death of their great-grandfather killed by Cutter himself.

My Thoughts:

Yes! Sardo and Dr.Vink! Together at last! The "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" dream team! And Dr.Vink's business card? The "Wild Boar Coiffure", as in, the brain of a wild boar from the first episode, "The Tale of the Phantom Cab";D I catch on quick. At least boy was the first to get Dr.Vink's name right!!

As for the episode itself, it was exciting! The boy learned how to truly punish the ghost, a nice episode all in all. I think it fulfills what the first part was leading up to.

My Rating:
Out of 5

« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2010, 10:36:23 PM »

42) The Tale of the Renegade Virus

A boy places a virus in his brother's computer game as a prank, and faces a real virus who tries to escape into the real world by taking over the boy's brain. 

My Thoughts:

A virus really wiped-out info from my desktop computer. I had most everything backed up, but they still suck.

Having a virus in your brain? Yikes! The virtual reality thing was interesting. Can't say its my favorite, but still cool.

My Rating
Out of 5

« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2010, 10:53:20 PM »

43) The Tale of the Quiet Librarian
Two children discover that their local library is haunted by the ghost of a stereotypical old librarian (named Mercy Mae Gregor) who steals the voices of all loud children to teach them that silence is golden - by means of a spooky-looking noise collection box that sucks in a voice or other sound instantly, leaving the person completely mute; her recent young victims are trapped in a dusty, tomb-like reading room of the library. It's up to the two kids to stop her and rescue the kids from being walking mute corpses.

My Thoughts:

This I find hard to believe, as my school librarian is quite the chatterbox herself! :P

All I can say is these kids have been studying in silence for a long time! The silence thing is really odd, though. Not scary, just odd. Kind of a ghost story, kind of not. Like all of the episodes of the show it's enjoyable, you just need to remain silent. :)

My Rating
Out of 5

« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2010, 10:57:31 PM »

44) The Tale of the Water Demons
Two cousins deliver food to an old man who stole jewelry from a shipwreck and is now haunted by the victims' ghosts.

My Thoughts:

Lesson learned - DON'T steal from the DEAD! The make-up was especially good here. The water demons looked like what I imagine drowning victims would look like. Trust me, you don't wanna fall asleep!  ;)

My Rating
Out of 5

« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2010, 11:02:30 PM »

45) The Tale of the Long Ago Locket
A lovelorn boy that gets lost in the forest, and finds himself in the Revolutionary War, where he must help a soldier return to his love before she gets married to another man.

My Thoughts:

This is almost time travel, so close to it! I mean, I know the old saying "those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it", but geez! But, how does the boy's modern clothes make the others think him a Minute Man? The plan to save the Liutennant from the noose was real smart. This show is one way to stay awake inn history class!

My Rating
Out of 5

« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2010, 11:07:16 PM »

46) The Tale of the Silent Servant
Two cousins, Ann and Jared, use a magic stick to turn a scarecrow into their slave who does everything perfectly, including carrying out an inadvertent murder plan.

My Thoughts:

Ok. Goosebumps. "The Scarecrow Walks At Midnight". Ring a bell to anyone?

So, a scarecrow takes commands? Ok! Silent serveant! Take out the rusting doors from my clost and replace it with some curtains! And do a little organizing while you're at it!

Joking aside, yes, there are evil twists. Pretty fun, and so similar to that Goosebumps episode it brings back memories too. Really enjoyable.

My Rating
Out of 5

« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2010, 11:10:05 PM »

47) The Tale of the Room for Rent
A ghost haunts an old man as revenge for supposedly killing him during a WWII plane crash and stealing his girlfriend.

My Thoughts:

This is why you shouldn't let strangers into your house. Kinda creepy, a ghost renting a room beside you. A ghost out for revenge is even scarier. Decent episode.

My Rating
Out of 5

« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2010, 11:15:53 PM »

48) The Tale of the Ghastly Grinner
Ethan is an eccentric boy who loves to draw and read comics. He jumps at the chance to be the sole owner of a comic called "The Ghastly Grinner" about a jester-like supervillain who turns people into mindless giggling idiots. A freak accident brings the Grinner to life, and he begins to transform all he finds-including Ethan's parents. It's up to Ethan and a bookish girl from his class to defeat the Grinner.

My Thoughts:

Ah, comic books! I feel right at home! And did I spy the Crimson Clown at the comic book store?

So, a guy microwaves a comic book and brings the character to life? I'm half-tempted to try! Where's my Spider-Man comic? :P

Ok, seriously one of my favorites! Warning though, I may be a little biased!! Nitpic: the acting with the screams were weak. But the jokes are good.

"I hope you have an explaination for this, young man!"

"Not one that you'd buy."

:laugh: Like I said, one of my favorites!

My Rating:
Out of 5

« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2010, 11:23:07 PM »

49) The Tale of the Fire Ghost

Two siblings, with the help of the ghost of a dead fireman who was killed in the line of duty, battle against the spirit of fire itself.

My Thoughts:

An evil living embodiment of fire. Here's a hint: why not call upon the living embodiment of water?

Not one of the best episodes. You know, I've heard it enough times that I think the firefighter's fire ghost might be a real legend. Still, a lot of the progress here is slow moving, kinda boring.

Also, the jokes are kinda lame too. I mean, the fire ghost. His big appearence, what does he say?

"Welcome to my parlor."

......might be funny if, you know, it was a spider ghost. One thing for it though. Great effects.

Pretty average episode with some fun parts.

My Rating:
Out of 5

« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2010, 11:28:24 PM »

50) The Tale of the Unfinished Painting
A would-be artist (Jewel Staite) spends time at an art studio run by a witch who owns a set of cursed paintbrushes that trap anyone who signs their name on a completed piece.

My Thoughts:

You know, I'm in art class and I never have any soul-stealing problems. ::)

A simple concept, had potential, makes a statement about lack of inspiration, but a lot of it can be boring. A lot of it is just painting, plus hints of whats to come. I can't even really understand the plot. Is it ghost stuff? Is it magic? Is it voodoo? Idk, but its still cool.

My Rating:
Out of 5

« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2010, 12:12:14 AM »

51) The Tale of the Closet Keepers

A deaf girl and the boy who mistreats her must escape from an alien zoo where Earth children from around the globe are the main exhibit.

My Thoughts:

Sorry for the pic, sometimes the discs mess up in the camera program thing, and I take what I can get/ Keep that in ming for the rest of the reviews, ok?

A memorable episode. Some people who need special attention, like the deaf girl in this episode - I think its safe to say, bu the pure rule of happy endings in TV shows, that she shows them all what she's made of.

Its a real statement, and I can think of nothing that says it better than this episode.

My Rating:
Out of 5

« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2010, 12:17:55 AM »

52) The Tale of Train Magic
A boy (Gregory Smith) who loves trains finds himself aboard a toy train modeled after a real train that crashed 80 years ago and killed everyone on board.

My Thoughts:

I really don't care for trains. The magic/passenger thing is kinda interesting, but there's nothing really creepy going on. I had a hard time keeping interest, but a decent storyline.

One interesting thing: "Zeebo's Big House" comes back for another call-back to "The Tale of Laughing in the Dark".

My Rating
Out of 5

« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2010, 12:22:19 AM »

53) The Tale of the Dead Man's Float
A teenage science nerd named Zeke and his love interest, Clorice, discover an abandoned swimming pool in their high school that was built on top of a graveyard, leaving the angry spirit to take its vengeance on anyone who swims in it.

My Thoughts:

So here, at the start of a new season, Frank leaves and Stig enters. Nice intro to him.

In the story, they did an amazing job on the make-up, as you can see in the picture above. Its a weird combo of skeletons, blood, and seaweed. A boogie-man that likes to drown kids. That story combined with that make-up? Creepy!

My Rating
Out of 5