Author Topic: Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous  (Read 2062 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous
« on: September 20, 2010, 11:12:42 AM »
Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous

Sandra Bullock returns as Special Agent Gracie Hart in a funny, fabulous Miss Congeniality follow-up. This time, she's the bureau's new celebrity face, making the rounds of talk shows (her heroics at the Miss United States Beauty Pageant made her too famous for field work). She also has a new partner (Regina King), an agent with anger-management issues and a dim opinion of pampered Gracie. But when Gracie's friends (returning stars Heather Burns and William Shatner) are kidnapped, nothing can keep Special Agent GS13 out of the action. Look out world. The cover girl is going back undercover!

My Thoughts

I decided to watch Miss Congeniality again a few days ago - I already wrote about the movie here.  Since I picked up the sequel a few months ago, I decided to watch it.  The movie is entertaining, but not as good as the first movie.

The plot is somewhat simple, but it does work.  There is a reasonable explanation for why Gracie can't do field work and is sort of...pushed into being the public face of the FBI.  After doing that for almost a year, she has changed a bit and is more pampered and focused on appearance for a while.  That does cause conflict with her and her new partner.  That is probably intended to add some complication to the movie.  Most of what happens is predictable, though there are one or two small surprises. 

There is humor in the movie, though it isn't as funny as the first movie.  Some of what is done to add humor is sillier.  I do think a few things don't work that well, but the movie manages to be entertaining overall.  A new character, Joel, is very over the top.  He really seems to be an attempt to replace Michael Caine's character from the first movie.  Joel is sort of entertaining at times, but he is too blatant in many scenes.  I do think that Sandra Bullock did a good job with the part.

The movie has some issues and isn't as good as the first movie, but it is still entertaining overall.  Fans of the first movie might be disappointed with this one.

I did post a review on Epinions after seeing the movie in the theater when it first came out.

Miss Congenaility 2: Armed and Fabulous