Author Topic: Flickchart  (Read 2634 times)

SailorRipley

Flickchart
« on: August 04, 2010, 10:17:20 PM »
Heya guys,

Wondering if any of you tried this site:

Flickchart.com

Even though it's not really a game per se, it's terribly addicting. For those not familiar, let me sum this up real quick:
  • After you set up an account, Flickchart shows you a couple of movies, represented by its posters (many rare ones!).
  • You just simply choose whether you like one more than the other so you have to pick one.
    • If you have not seen one of the movies the system shows you, you just simply click the button "Haven't Seen It".
    • If you haven't seen any of the two the system shows you, you click the button "Haven't Seen Either"

And that's all there is to it, really. The system will keep on showing you movie after movie and after a while they will start repeating themselves in order for you to build a Top 20, Top 50, Top 100, etc.

It also has tons of filters for you to use.

You can ask the system to show you:
    - All Movies.
    - Only unranked movies.
    - Your Top 20.
    - Your Top 50.
    - Your Top 100.
    - Your Top 250.
    - Your Whole List.
    - By Genre (You select which).
    - By Year or Decade
    - By Cast & Crew (You select Actor or Director).

So using the filters you can build a, say, you Top 20 Favorite Horror Movies directed by Wes Craven or your Top Ten Favorite Movies with Tom Hanks of the 1920's. (Of course, that last one won't get you anywhere, but get the gist).

It's a pretty simple conceit but quite effective and oh so addictive. If you want to friend me there, search for user cslight:)

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Flickchart
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 10:29:27 PM »
I joined this site back when it originally opened, someone at DVDSpot had posted a link to it. It was fun for about a couple of weeks, then it sort of fell off my radar.

Critter

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 01:40:21 AM »
It sounds interesting, I am a huge fan of list making so I will probably give it a go.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 03:04:06 AM »
Seems interesting. And it would result in Top-lists created by the audience rather than some random critics.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 07:42:08 AM »
It looks interesting but I don't seem to be able to create an account. I enter all the data but when I press "Create User" it just sends me back to the front page.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 08:03:11 AM »
Ah, now I got it. I'm not allowed to use spaces in the username but it doesn't tell me that.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Critter

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 09:06:24 AM »
I had trouble making an account too, only I still can't get it going.