Author Topic: Witchblade Episode Reviews  (Read 4221 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Witchblade Episode Reviews
« on: July 27, 2010, 07:46:35 PM »
Witchblade
Episode Reviews
New York homicide detective Sara Pezzini (Yancy Butler) doesn't know why the forces of the universe have chosen her to possess the awesome living weapon called the Witchblade. But it is hers to wear and to wield in the fight against crime, although it comes with a terrifying price. Evil foes seek the Witchblade, setting in motion an ongoing battle that may cost the lives of those Sara holds dearest.

In these 24 live-action episodes based on the popular comic books, Sara gradually discovers her amazing ancient link to the mysterious weapon as she wars against evildoers both natural and supernatural. The cutting edge of excitement belongs to Sara Pezzini – and the Witchblade.

Episode List:

Season 1:
TV Movie: Witchblade    
Parallax
Conundrum
Diplopia
Sacrifice
Legion
Maelstrom
Periculum
Thanatopsis
Apprehension
Convergence
Transcendence
Season 2:
Emergence
Destiny
Agape
Consectatio
Static
Nailed
Lagrimas
Hierophant
Veritas
Parabolic
Palindrome
Ubique
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 05:27:10 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Witchblade Episode Reviews
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 12:18:43 AM »

Pilot Movie:
Witchblade
Original Airdate: 8/27/00
A supernatural Witchblade becomes part of cop Sara "Pez" Pezzini's arsenal - if she can master it.

My Thoughts:
This is a series I knew I seen something on... but at the same time I knew I never seen most of it. As it turns out all the scenes I remembered was in this pilot movie. Which makes me think it is very possible that all I ever seen was this movie. I will know for sure once I start the actual episodes.

This is a very entertaining movie. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I think it is a very good introduction to the characters.... and liked the (lack for a better term) origin story of "Pez" first receiving the Witchblade. It has lots of action... and lots of excitement. It has been a while since a TV series has been able to make me say "Oh Cool!" but this one did that in a couple scenes. It is really an interesting story. The only thing I am not sure how I feel about is the "watcher" type characters. If this movie is any good indicator on what the series is like... I can see myself easily getting addicted to watching this show!

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 04:04:58 PM »

Season 1:
1. Parallax
Original Airdate: 6/12/01
Arrival of the fittest: Soldiers from a specially empowered top-secret unit bring their death match to the streets.

My Thoughts:
The first actual episode of the series. Even though the episode airs a good nine months after the movie... it takes over right where the movie left off. I was worried the series could keep up with what the movie started. I am glad to say at least for this first episode... this was not a problem. Great story... great action...great time watching!

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 04:52:24 PM »

Season 1:
2. Conundrum
Original Airdate: 6/19/01
A new fashion in murder: Pez sleuths a model's death...and uncovers secrets about the legacy of the Witchblade.

My Thoughts:
While very close to being as good as the previous on... I found that I personally didn't care for the main story here. I must admit though... I did like how she let the Witchblade go onto another person's hand... but was able to still have control. The action was taken down just a notch here as well... but I would still say this is still a very good episode.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 05:51:57 PM »

Season 1:
3. Diplopia
Original Airdate: 6/26/01
Seeing double - or more! Murderous clones surface in the SoHo art community.

My Thoughts:
Another good episode. While I am not surprised to see it... I am a little saddened that the really good action/fight scenes has been limited to 1 to 2 per episode. Though it is understandable as they have a story to tell here as well. They just do those action scenes so well that I want to see more of them!

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 06:40:29 PM »

Season 1:
4. Sacrifice
Original Airdate: 7/03/01
A musician's song may foreshadow a string of ritual killings, but that's not the only reason Sara is drawn to the balladeer.

My Thoughts:
From the plot alone I knew this one probably wouldn't be a favorite episode. And that is true... too much music for my taste. But the storyline behind it is a good one. I imagine other people would have enjoyed this episode just as the previous ones.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 10:48:30 PM »

Season 1:
5. Legion
Original Airdate: 7/10/01
Sara probes a case involving possible demonic possession...and a deadly bid to gain the Witchblade.

My Thoughts:
This one I enjoyed a lot. Ranks up there with the first couple episodes I watched. The action is still limited to one or two scenes... but I found the story to be excellent.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 11:42:17 PM »

Season 1:
6. Maelstrom
Original Airdate: 7/17/01
Love is priceless. In a desperate attempt to save her kidnapped boyfriend, Sara relinquishes the Witchblade.

My Thoughts:
Another good episode. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I would say though... I didn't care for some of the lengths that Sara went to in  order to save her boyfriend. While some of it would have been in character... I think it went a little far for a cop. The action in this one wasn't bad... but it didn't have the same wow factor as some of the previous episodes.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 01:38:19 AM »

Season 1:
7. Periculum
Original Airdate: 7/24/01
Is the wielder worthy of the blade? Det. Pezzini is put to a severe mystical test.

My Thoughts:
This is a very interesting... if not a little weird... episode. But I really enjoyed every minuted of it. It really is hard to explain too much on this one because of the way they did the episode. But it is definitely worth the time put in to watch it.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2010, 02:27:55 AM »

Season 1:
8. Thanatopsis
Original Airdate: 7/31/01
Dead men do tell tales: The valise of a sniper's victim mysteriously contains information about Irons, Nottingham...and Pez.

My Thoughts:
Not a bad episode... it is alright. But it really is kind of average. It is one that is really more storyline driven then action packed. Though there is still some action to enjoy as well of course.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2010, 03:30:38 PM »

Season 1:
9. Apprehension
Original Airdate: 8/7/01
Trust no one. The rogue cops who brought down Sara's father close in on a new target: Det. Sara Pezzini.

My Thoughts:
This is a very good episode. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Once again this one is more storyline based then action based. But the story does a good job at holding it's own. The action in this one is extremely limited. But there is a little bit still.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2010, 01:58:12 AM »

Season 1:
10. Convergence
Original Airdate: 8/14/01
As the White Bulls' net tightens, a key agent reveals his true identity. Irons needs blood – Sara's.

My Thoughts:
Ohhh... good episode. The story is really coming to life. At this point there is only one more episode for the first season. So the storyline for season one is being brought to an end. In this episode we find out the truth about Sarah's partner...  which I must admit I didn't see coming.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2010, 02:52:55 AM »

Season 1:
11. Transcendence
Original Airdate: 8/21/01
Secrets unravel – and so does time – as Sara relies on the Witchblade both to avenge and defend herself.

My Thoughts:
This is the first season finale. This show only lasted 2 seasons... and both seasons are rather short. About half the length of most US seasons. I have to say... the season finale is excellent. The only thing I am not sure about is how it ended. I don't want to give it away... but what they pulled here at the end could be a downfall for the entire series. And may be why we only got a half season for the second season as the end of the series. I am hoping I am wrong... and I will still enjoy this series in the second season. But with the ending that we had here... I definitely have my doubts.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2010, 04:41:41 PM »

Season 2:
1. Emergence
Original Airdate: 6/16/02
A wiser Sara retakes the Witchblade. But has her partner Danny been rescued from one fate for another that's worse?

My Thoughts:
As you can see by the overview for the episode... the series has been completely rebooted. We even had to watch Sara get the Witchblade all over again. Same exact way... only a little condensed. I am a little disappointed by this. But at the same time I like the newer storyline. So just maybe they will be able to pull it off. We shall see.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2010, 05:26:38 PM »

Season 2:
2. Destiny
Original Airdate: 6/16/02
Battle of the talismanic weaponry. Irons obtains the Longinus Lance and hopes to overwhelm the Witchblade's power.

My Thoughts:
Another good episode. It is another one that is very story-centric... but there is a very good battle scene at the end. A battle that definitely changes the series. So far I am surprised at how well the whole reboot was done for this show. It worked just fine with the storyline.

My Rating:
Pete