Author Topic: Touring a Local Historical Spot  (Read 1311 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Touring a Local Historical Spot
« on: August 10, 2013, 01:12:47 PM »
Brittany and I are supposed to go take a tour of a local historical spot here in town... The Teackle Mansion. That is if it don't rain (as we have to walk). unfortunately it is calling for rain all weekend. :(

The Teackle Mansion has a maze of underground tunnels... as it was originally part of the underground railroad. And it is rumored to be haunted as well. All these years Brittany never seen more then the outside of the mansion. While I never took a tour of the place I used to work for the caretaker when I was a teen so I been inside helping him with stuff... but not since I was a teen.

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Touring a Local Historical Spot
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 09:15:21 PM »
We just got back from the tour. It was a nice little tour, even though we weren't able to go in all the rooms. Couldn't even go upstairs at all. But they are in the middle of doing quite a bit of work... restoring some rooms and such.

I asked about what I heard about the Underground Railroad... and they said that they have heard the same... but haven't found any tunnel entrances and such to support it yet. Brittany asked about the rumors that the place is haunted. And basically all that was said about that is that there were some experts (ghost hunters and such) there but they came up empty.

But like I said... nice little tour. It lasted about an hour. Cost was $5.00 per person.
Pete