Author Topic: Doing the ABC's Movie Style!!  (Read 59303 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Doing the ABC's Movie Style!!
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2010, 01:59:35 AM »
 :laugh: This is true!  :P
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2010, 02:10:06 AM »
Oh... uh... you remembered that did you?  :fingerchew:

Of course I did... and yes I will watch whatever is sent to me. But it just might take a while. :P

Now, Pete... when someone sends you a kind gift, you should make the effort to tell them as soon as possible how much you really enjoyed it.

:devil:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2010, 02:23:42 AM »
 :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2010, 02:24:12 AM »
 :laugh: Yes Jon I know.

I just had a terrible thought. What if (She hasn't told me what yet) the music one is Rocky Horror Picture Show?  :surrender:
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2010, 03:44:18 AM »
I just had a terrible thought. What if (She hasn't told me what yet) the music one is Rocky Horror Picture Show?  :surrender:
If she didn't.... I have a spare copy :devil:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2010, 04:21:32 AM »
LOL... I bet you do. And no it is not Rocky Horror Picture Show. She sent me a list of what she is sending me. 25 movies!  :o  :yahoo:

And the music one is... Ray.  What a relief. At least this one is also a biography or sorts as well... I think I could actually get into the storyline of this one... and be able to (for the most part) ignore the music. :P
Pete

Critter

« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2010, 09:01:19 AM »
Pete, when did you first come to the realisation that you dislike music so much?

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2010, 09:12:51 AM »
Pete, when did you first come to the realisation that you dislike music so much?

Pete, did you ever liek music to any extent?

I mean, when I asked people in the past, some would answer "radio", meaning that they'll just listen to whatever is there. Noone ever said they hate music.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2010, 04:32:14 PM »
I don't remember ever liking it. It really isn't something I can explain. It is just something that is I guess.
Pete

addicted2comics(:P)

« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2010, 09:15:20 PM »

Title: Rocket Power - Island of the Menehune
Year: 2004
Director:
Rating: TV-Y
Length: 63 Min.
Video: Pan & Scan 1.33:1, Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:

Stars:

Plot:
On a family vacation to Hawaii, Ray rekindles an old romance with Tito's cousin, Noelani. Reggie and Otto feel dissed since Ray keeps canceling their extreme sports plans because Noelani says they're too dangerous. As the final straw, Reggie and Otto defy Ray to take off to surf the perilous Banzai Pipeline. But it's too late when they realize Noelani was right about this one!

Extras:
Bonus Episodes

My Thoughts:

Oh yeah, I remember this from when Hey Arnold! and CatDog were still on the air. (Or somehwere around there.) Reggie, Otto, Twister, Squid. The cartoons didn't make more extreme kids!! Although I always liked the show, the movie I didn't care for too much. Don't get me wrong the "Evil little men" Menehune thing was funny! But the thing about Ray finding a girl and the kids getting jealous, idk, just don't care for it.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2010, 12:15:11 AM »

Title: Scooby-Doo and the Monster of Mexico
Year: 2003
Director: Scott Jeralds
Rating: NR
Length: 75 Min.
Video: Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Casey Kasem
Frank Welker
Nicole Jaffe
Heather North Kenney
Rip Taylor

Plot:
Scooby-Doo and the Mystery, Inc. gang are in for a creepy encounter with a monstrous monster from Mexico in the mucho spooky, all-new Scooby-Doo movie!

The gang heads south of the border for some well-earned rest and relaxation, but there's trouble in the town of Veracruz, where tourists are being frightened away by a terrifying creature who is ten feet tall, with huge, green-glowing eyes!

When Scooby-Doo and the gang discover that their friend may have to sell his hotel because of the creature, things get even more mysterious. Scooby-Doo, Shaggy and the gang must then tangle with everything from giant feathered serpents to ghoulish ghosts, as they race to solve this Mexican mystery before the creature of Veracruz can strike again!

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Featurettes
Production Notes
Interactive Games
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:

Everyone loves Scooby doo, and this is one of my favorites! Alot like the TV show with a Spanish accent!! :laugh:

There are a lot of good laughs in the movie, like Shaggy closing the door on Fred thinking he's el Chupacabra. The movie also fits in a fair amount of Mexican culture, which I must say is pretty impressive for a cartoon.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2010, 08:39:46 PM »

Title: Thir13en Ghosts
Year: 2001
Director: Steve Beck
Rating: R
Length: 91 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Tony Shalhoub
Embeth Davidtz
Matthew Lillard
Shannon Elizabeth
Alec Roberts
JR Bourne

Plot:
What a house! It's all steel and glass and elegance - and it all belongs to Arthur Kriticos and his family as an unexpected inheritance. You could say it's their dream home. Especially if the dreams are nightmares.

Awesome ectoplasmic specters populate THIRTEEN GHOSTS, an effects-rampant remake of the 1960 William Castle haunted-house film from producers Gilbert Adler, Joel Silver and Robert Zemeckis, who conjured up the equally terrorific HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL (1999). Tony Shalhoub as Arthur leads a cast that includes Embeth Davidtz, Matthew Lillard, Shannon Elizabeth, Rah Digga and F. Murray Abraham. The house itself is a design marvel and a mysterious puzzle-cube whose eerie corridors, sliding walls, spinning floors and phantasmic fiends may allow no escape.

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Featurettes
Production Notes
Interactive Games
Music Videos
DVD-ROM Content
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:

I actually saw bits and pieces of this at my grandmother's house, so I was curious. It was a lot different than the William Castle "13 Ghosts"!! Very nicely made, may I say. The stories all tie in with each other. Pretty scary, got the chills a few times. Definitely something worth seeing!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2010, 09:05:27 PM »
This not fair... Britt can watch my horror movies... but I can't!  :tease:
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2010, 09:20:11 PM »
I hope you can't hear them from where you are. That would be like passive smoking.

You'd still be smoking!  :readthis:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2010, 09:30:24 PM »
 :laugh: Nope... can't hear a thing... Darn it!  :P
Pete