Author Topic: Knight and Day  (Read 2018 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Knight and Day
« on: July 04, 2010, 06:28:43 AM »
I went to see Knight and Day last Monday..it has just taken me a while to get the review done.

Once you have seen the trailer, there aren't any big surprises.  A few minor things that happen are a little surprising.  I do think the plot is entertaining and interesting overall.  This isn't a movie to take seriously in any way.  It mostly works as a fun, action movie with a bit of romance tossed in.  A lot is going on, but I don't think the movie is that complicated or complex.  I had no trouble keeping up with what was going on.  While the story is interesting, it isn't as developed or as strong as it could have been.

There are a lot of action scenes in the movie, most of which do go a bit overboard.  It doesn't look like there was any attempt to try to make those scenes even slightly realistic.  Roy is shot at numerous times - I couldn't keep track of how many - and he manages to survive it all with barely any injuries.  He does some very extreme things and then even takes the time to compliment June while hanging onto the roof of the car she is in and shooting at people behind the car.  The action scenes are done well and help keep things entertaining, but they aren't believable at all.  Some of what happens is funny, but the movie isn't as funny as I had hoped it would be.  The funniest moments are in the trailers.

Roy and June are fine as characters, though neither of them are that developed.  June mostly deals well with what is going on, though she does some very stupid things at times and she just got on my nerves at times.  Maybe part of it is that I don't like Cameron Diaz that much.  I'm not sure what it is about her, but something tends to bug me about her in every movie I see her in.  Tom Cruise is fine as Roy.  He does seem a bit smug every so often, but it wasn't so bad that it got annoying. 

Overall, I enjoyed the movie, though I do think it could have been better.  It did take me a while to decide on a rating...I was going between 3 and 4 stars before finally settling on 3.  I probably would have gone with 3.5 if I had that option.  I just felt like I didn't enjoy the movie enough to round up ro 4.

I did get a review posted on Epinions if anyone wants to take a look.

Knight and Day