Author Topic: The Mask Marathon  (Read 14710 times)

addicted2comics(:P)

Re: The Mask Marathon
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2010, 01:28:31 AM »

13. All Hallow's Eve On Halloween, Skillit comes back with former wearers of the Mask to attack.

My Thoughts: First of all, let me say, wow. The Mask trick or treating for frozen steaks! :laugh:Pretty average episode overall, but you know I gotta love the Halloween theme!! (Look at my dad! :laugh:)

But I guess the end of this episode proves the Mask is like any other guy. I mean, when we go to a Halloween party, don't we always end up with our bodies' in a fish?  :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Anyways, it was ok. A lot I could poke fun at, but it was just ok.

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2010, 01:55:57 AM »

14. Split Personality After cracking the Mask in two, Stanley and the Mask work together (in the same body split down the middle) to retreive the other half from a high school rival.

My Thoughts: I'll just say this.......Two Face.

Ok, it was definitely one of the better ones. seeing Stanley and the Mask side by side while actually sharing sides?  :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: I normally don't rate cartoons I didn't grow up with, it out-dating me, because I tend to get too picky with animation and stuff (because I would go on ranting) but I gotta say this. 5 out of 5!!!!!!!

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2010, 02:22:53 AM »

15. Santa Mask When all the Santas are arrested in Edge City, so is the real one! The Mask must deliver the presents to the children of the world and capture the escaped villains.

My Thoughts: Well, this was a real blast! The fruitcake, the Captain Choo Choo, seeing Callaway cry with joy at the sight of his Captain Choo Choo. :hysterical: I know it's not  likely to come to DVD anytime soon, but you can bet I'll be watching this around the holidays! :laugh:

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2010, 05:10:26 PM »

After yesterday, I'm going to go about 5 shows per post.

16. Comedy of Eras Dr. Chronos goes back 300 years and becomes Empress.

My Thoughts: We've all seen this type of theme going on with the shows, but this was really well done. I especially loved the Mask's attachment to the Coco Bongo. But hey, a guy's gotta party!! :laugh:Pretty good all in all, but would somebody, please tell me.....what the heck would the Mask being doing locked in a trunk in the middle of the woods 300 years in the past? Someone should tell that story!

17. Goin' for the Green In an attempt to ignore the Mask, the Mayor makes a competition between Edge City and its competitors, but will a swamp monster ruin the fun?

My Thoughts: Well, just one more example of why no one can ignore the Mask! Pretty funny seeing him all attention-hungry. Or is that no different from normal.....yeah, it is. He was the Statue of Liberty. Its different. And fun! :clap:

18. Flight as a FeatherThe Mask chases his lucky feather all over Edge City.

My Thoughts: Well, some parts definitely stood out, like the woman in a (literal) dynamite bikini at City Hall, the man covered in tar and feathers, and the fact the Mask won a karaoke contest. :o Funny too, this is one of the better cartoons of this show.....

19. The Good, the Bad, and the Fish Guy After a battle, Putty Thing and Fish Guy are no longer friends, and Fish Guy gains control of the Mask.

My Thoughts: The head spinning was funny. Other than that, kinda felt like a filler episode.

20. Malled A gang robs the bank's division at the new mall's grand opening.

My Thoughts: Um...wow. Mrs. Peenman hears a French voice in the apartment and thinks there are illegal immigrants? Wow, I wonder how many claims she put up with the Immigration Office. I bet she has a membership card!! :laugh: And I just wanted to eat up them pastries!! :drooling: Haha, good show!!

snowcat

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2010, 05:52:04 PM »
I never enjoyed the cartoon of the Mask very much... Have you read much of the comic? I always preferred that.

No Emma, as I mentioned in some of the posts, I never actually got my hands on any of the comics. I'd like to though!! ;D

Yeah. ive seen them on a few of the sites where you can read comics online but I was bought the Dark Horse omnibus volume 1 for my birthday last year :p

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2010, 07:13:29 PM »

21. Channel Surfin' A television themed maniac traps the Mask inside of the T.V.

My Thoughts: Haha, this was pretty good, and we got to see what the Mask would wish for. Lol, I guess up until you need it, you'll never know how an itch between the shoulder blades can save the day!! Thumbs up for this one!!

22. Mask au Gratin A cheese-powered villain named Gorgonzola is turning all of Edge City into cheese.

My Thoughts: Um......a cheese villain? Oh, oh, it's too much! Hahahaha, stop, stop, I can't take it! Hahahaha!!Ok, ok, I'm calmed down now........NO I'M NOT!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Sorry, it's just too pathetic a power, it's funny! And a awesome change for the show! It's better than Fish Guy!!! :hysterical:

23. Jurassic Mask Animatronic dinosaurs from the museum are regernated and therefore brought to life.

My Thoughts: Pretty good, but why is it when robots are regenerated they think they're real? And are hungry for metal? Average episode.

24. You Outta Be In Pictures When a movie is being shot in Edge City, The Mask wants to be in the center of it all.

My Thoughts: Why would the Mask want to be in pictures? He already had a movie with Stanley! Lol Seriously though. Pretty funny, but feels like just a filler.

25. For All Mask-Kind Stanley Ipkiss joins an astronaut on a trip into space, where the craft if later abducted by aliens.

My Thoughts: The astronaut is Coo-coo for limited edition Space Shaped Coco Puffs!! Hima dn his little green men. Lol, very fun episode. The space dude is obnoxious, but very fun episode.

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2010, 07:14:53 PM »
I never enjoyed the cartoon of the Mask very much... Have you read much of the comic? I always preferred that.

No Emma, as I mentioned in some of the posts, I never actually got my hands on any of the comics. I'd like to though!! ;D

Yeah. ive seen them on a few of the sites where you can read comics online but I was bought the Dark Horse omnibus volume 1 for my birthday last year :p

Well, I have no such luck.

But people have my dad's address and I wouldn't say no to a little gift! Hint hint, guys!!  ;)

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2010, 09:20:37 PM »

26. Up the Creek Stanley and Charlie take a vacation in the wilderness and become engaged to 90-something-year-old hillbillies.

My Thoughts: WOW!! Haha, I thought for sure Charlie would put two and two together with the Mask appearing in the wild, but I guess some guys just don't get it. The change of scenery was nice, and the comedy, as usual, was gold!  :thumbup:

27. Boogie with the Man After making a deal with the devil, Stanley must face the consequences.

My Thoughts: First off, to put it simply, the devil is a Christian belief, and yet they have the Mask of Loki, a legend of Norse mythology?? Keep them theme of the show constant people! ::)

(click to show/hide)

28. What Goes Around Comes Around Dr. Chronos returns and sticks Stanley in a time loop.

My Thoughts: Very confusing to me. Maybe not you. It's just a thing with me and time travel. But you still got love it! "It's time to do the Deja Voodoo that you do so well!" Very clever of him. ;)

29. All Hail the Mask Native take the Mask to their island thinking he is their lost awaited God.

My Thoughts: It was really funny, the Mask teaching them how to Hula, him showing them a club.  :laugh: A little above average.

30. Power of Suggestion Stanley/The Mask is hypnotized to do whatever he is told.

My Thoughts: Interesting. I just don't get why Balloon-Man wanted to be the Grand Marshall of a parade!!! :laugh: He's his own balloon!!! Felt like a filler episode though, pretty average compared to the chaos the usually is.

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2010, 10:43:57 PM »

31. Mr. Mask Goes Washington The Mask is hires as an agent of Secret Service after saving the Presidents life.......and he keeps moving up.

My Thoughts: Wow! The Mask in charge? I wonder why he would do something like make-over the White House in his image. ::) He and the president has matching clothes!!! Ok, if you guys are reading this, this is an episode definitely worth checking out!!

32. Rain of Terror A demented meteorologist gains control of the weather after being struck by lightening.

My Thoughts: Ok, how does a little freak accident give you super powers and a dweeby costume?  :laugh:Still, gotta say what is getting repetitive at this point. Random. Funny. Good. ;D

33. The Mother of All Hoods Calloway's mother tags along when a crime lord,the Hood, appears in Edge City

My Thoughts: Wow, I never thought I'd see anyone more rotten than Mrs. Peenman. I did. Calloway's mother. That woman was starting to give me a migraine!! Hahaha, oh but the wedgies and the undercover exposure! ::) This one's good in my book!

Ok, guys, I can't find the next one, "To Bee or Not To Bee". Better luck tomorrow, but if I can't fin it I'll skip to the next. See ya then!!

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2010, 06:57:39 PM »

Well, I have no such luck.

But people have my dad's address and I wouldn't say no to a little gift! Hint hint, guys!!  ;)

Just wanted to bring that to you guys attention again. Lol, shameless.

Seriously though, due my my grandmother's house and limited time, the marathon will continue when I come back Saturday, or maybe just resume it that Sunday. That is all.

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2010, 10:31:38 PM »

I'm back, and as much as I've searched, I can't find "To Bee or Not to Bee", so I'll go ahead and skip to the next one, hope you don't mind.

35. Love Potion No. 8 1/2 A love potion from a power-seeking gypsy makes everyone fall in love with Mrs. Peanman, giving enough distraction for the gypsy to take the Mask

My Thoughts: This was definitely fun! <3 Mrs. Peanman tattoos, the dogs, the...well...everything!! Haha, and it has a great ending to boot!!
(click to show/hide)

:thumbup:

36. Cool Hand Mask Pretorius frames the Mask for stealing money from orphans so he'll be in jail for his next scheme.

My Thoughts: Average episode. Good humor as always, but the question keeps nagging me.....with all that power, why does the Mask even accept getting arrested? How would they stop him? Huh, guess he just "wanted to keep them on the edge of their seats."

37. Broadway Malady The Mask tries to stop a horrible and insane musical version of his favorite movie series, Mad Monkey.

My Thoughts: I have to say, I know where he's coming from with this. If you could hear how many times I complained about the Spider-Man musical ::)
(click to show/hide)

Yeah, the horror, the horror, I know!! Still, it was no Mad Monkey! With the director going screwy it was entertaining, but all the Mask's villains singing and dancing??? :thumbdown:

38. Enquiring Masks Want To Know Branched from the episode where the Terrible Two broke up, Skillit dumps dangerous creatures into Edge City.

My Thoughts: Wow, if ever there were a filler episode......

It seems almost completely normal for this show, nothing to talk about, except for one realization. The Mask, as seen before, knows he's in the show.

"That should get rid of Skillit for good......at least until we bring the creepy kid back for another episode."

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2010, 08:37:04 PM »

Yeah, I decided to go ahead and finish up Season 2.

39. Future Mask A man from the 23rd century wishes to get the 20th century Mask as the one from his time powers the city.

My Thoughts: There is definitely a Terminator-esque tone to this episode 8) , but you get used to it!! :P The mustard, the future food, no more Coco Bongo, haha. This was a really fun one to watch!!

40. Sealed Fate A Tupperware company uses experimental sealers to spoil food beyond recognition to create leftovers that eat people.

My Thoughts: Umm.....well, the thought is new....but you gotta love the Mask to make all the villains and cartoon violence ok for the kiddies. :laugh:

"See, kids? Finish your vegetables before they finish you!!"

Not to mention it finishes with a scary thought.
(click to show/hide)

41. (The Angel Wanna Wear My) Green Mask Um, trouble finding this one too. Since these things aren't out on DVD, I'm limited to Youtube, and the only version I could find....well....I'm only starting Spanish II this coming year, so it wouldn't work out. Skipping to next!!

42. Mutiny of the Bounty Hunters While the Mask is chasing a baby he was supposed to look after all around Edge City, he is being chased by a couple of Bounty Hunters.

My Thoughts: Hmm...well let me just say those two were doomed from the get go. A science guy and a dude whose only definition of capture is "clobber" ain't gonna capture him. No way, Jose. But still, it was funny to see them try.  :laugh:

43. Convention of Evil All of the Mask's villains gather and console each other with stories of their run-ins with the Mask.

My Thoughts: Well, it was nice to see "The Stinger" here, considering I couldn't find his episode. Um...well, the devil guy is back, and you guys should really see the expressions on those guys faces' when he said he doesn't see harps and angels wings in any of their futures!! :hysterical:

Yes, it's another flashback episode, but it's just soooo good! :hysterical:

44. The Green Marine The Mask accidentally signs into the Marines.

My Thoughts: Wow, paper eating, penguins, baseball cards, and whipped cream down the shorts!! Haha, this is one of the better ones! After losing that big Battleship and landing himself in court, well, you'd just have to watch!!  :stars:

(click to show/hide)

45. Counterfeit Mask A counterfeiter switches Stanley's bags at an airport and Ipkiss and the Mask are framed of making the fake money.

My Thoughts: Well, it was great to see what Peggy would be like as the Mask, but c'mon, writers!!! A beauty salon? A new car? She's a reporter who likes to be where the action is! If anything she'd go full-on superhero and save Milo!! :slaphead:

Still, another funny episode complete with a green-faced Bride and a wedgie by a dollar.  :thumbup:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2010, 08:55:16 PM »
Finish off this marathon Britt... then you can try the Alphabet marathon!  ;)
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2010, 07:03:42 AM »
Well, just looking at the the above posts she already did

BCEFGLMS

:P

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2010, 01:15:30 PM »
She finished up season 2... she still has season 3 to watch... which is a short 10 episodes.
Pete