Author Topic: Christmas Reviews: 2011  (Read 7223 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas Reviews: 2011
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2011, 08:02:57 PM »
     Supernatural: The Complete Third Season: A Very Supernatural Christmas (2007/United States)

What comes down the chimney? Santa Claus. What goes up the chimney? Screaming, clawing victims of the Anti Claus, a pagan god with an unjolly thirst for blood. Scary Christmas, Sam and Dean.

Stars:
Jared Padalecki as Sam Winchester
Jensen Ackles as Dean Winchester
Ridge Canipe as Young Dean
Colin Ford as Young Sam
Spencer Garrett as Edward Carrigan
Merrilyn Gann as Madge Carrigan

My Thoughts:
This is a Christmas episode that I definitely see making it into my marathon every year. I enjoyed it very much.  I liked how they had flashbacks to show what Christmas was like for Sam & Dean as kids.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas Reviews: 2011
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2011, 09:26:45 PM »
     The X-Files: The Complete Sixth Season: How the Ghosts Stole Christmas (1998/United States)

Mulder convinces Scully to put aside her gift wrapping on the night before Christmas to help him stake out a reputed haunted house.

Stars:
David Duchovny as Special Agent Fox Mulder
Gillian Anderson as Special Agent Dana Scully
Lily Tomlin as Lydia
Edward Asner as Maurice

My Thoughts:
This is one Christmas episode I haven't missed watching this time of the year since I first bought the DVD set 5 or 6 years ago. Not only is it one of my favorite episodes of The X-Files-... but one of my all time favorite Christmas episodes of any series! I really like the storyline... and I also like that they got 2 such well known actors to play the ghosts... not to mention the fact that they are the only 4 characters in this episode. Definitely one I highly recommend!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete