Author Topic: That '70s Show: The Complete Series Stash Box  (Read 3541 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
That '70s Show: The Complete Series Stash Box
« on: May 08, 2013, 12:56:20 AM »
     That '70s Show: The Complete Series Stash Box
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer/Intro |
Welcome to the Basement!
Now you can hang out with all eight seasons of the raddest show this side of the '60s - it's That '70s Show! Get down and get funky with all 200 groovy episodes on 32 Digital Video Discs slipped inside collectible, retro LP packaging. Loaded with neat-o special features, this Complete Series edition also contains an exclusive booklet with cast interviews and character timelines as well as the original script from the series finale signed by the cast! So if you're jonesin' for some peace, love and happiness, climb into the Vista Cruiser with Eric, Donna, Kelso, Jackie, Hyde and Fez for a trip back to That '70s Show.

Stars:
Topher Grace as Eric Forman
Mila Kunis as Jackie Burkhart
Ashton Kutcher as Michael Kelso
Danny Masterson as Steven Hyde
Laura Prepon as Donna Pinciotti
Wilmer Valderrama as Fez
Debra Jo Rupp as Kitty Forman
Kurtwood Smith as Red Forman
Tanya Roberts as Midge Pinciotti
Don Stark as Bob Pinciotti
Tommy Chong as Leo

My Thoughts:
I got this set on April 23rd... Brittany and I started watching it right away. We ended up watching the entire 8 seasons in only 2 weeks! And let me tell you... we had a great time doing it! Before getting this set I had already seen seasons 1-7... but this is the first time I ever seen the final season of the series. But more on that in a bit. First let me talk about....

The Packaging:
Usually I am a bit weary of these gimmicky packaging... but I must say... this one I liked a lot! It is all housed in a good, sturdy box... like the kind you would get to house old 45 records back in the day. Then each season is in a CD sized cardboard box... which houses that season's discs which are in cardboard sleeves. Printed on the sleeves is the season, disc and episode numbers. The episode numbers counting the episode within the entire series... Episode 1 through 200.  As of right now this is the best gimmick packaging that I have in my collection.  :thumbup:

The Extras:
The extras on the disc is the same as the season set releases... nothing new here. No extra bonus disc for getting the complete series set like you see many shows doing. Though you do get a nice small hard cover book with all the episode guides in it. And you also get a mini script for the series finale episode. Which I haven't really taken a good look at yet. That is it for extras... it is nice but could be better.

The Show:
What can I say... it is one of my favorites. It is a very funny show! Both Brittany and I loved watching the entire series in only 2 weeks. There was many laugh out loud moments. Though I will say that I felt the final season was the worst of the series. But even saying that... I still think it is more then worth the time to watch. Still right funny. I got to say... I did not care for the new guy, Randy, in the final season. He took place of Topher Grace since he was off filming Spider-Man 3 at the time. They ended up sending Eric to Africa in the series. But in my opinion Randy just didn't seem to fit in with the group we already knew and loved. I will say I liked how they ended the series. The finale was done right... though I will say I seen the ending of the series coming from a mile away. They kinda went with the obvious... but it was still a great way to end the series.

If this is a show you never seen... It is one I highly recommend. I would also recommend just going ahead and grabbing the complete series sets. It is really a great set! Trust me, you won't be sorry!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: That '70s Show: The Complete Series Stash Box
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 05:51:25 AM »
I have that set to.  I really like it too.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 07:11:49 AM »
This set recently was available for only 40€, and I almost bought it.I didn't though because I was not sure if I would have liked it.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 12:10:41 AM »
The best answer to that is to see if you can watch an episode or two.... maybe online or something. Youtube?

Don't know how true it is... but I read on wikipedia that there was a British remake....

In 1999, the show was remade by the British ITV network as Days Like These using almost verbatim scripts with minor changes to cultural references.

If that helps you any.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 12:16:10 AM »
I just checked out some "Days Like These" clips on Youtube.... and it is the same... almost word for word. Even including character names.  :P
Pete