Author Topic: Grey's Anatomy Marathon  (Read 20531 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Grey's Anatomy Marathon
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2010, 07:37:05 PM »
Season 5 Disc 5:

17. I Will Follow You Into The Dark
After learning at a deposition that more of his patients have died than survived, Derek decides to quit, even as Meredith refuses to give up on him. Meanwhile Bailey and the Chief continue to bicker over her peds fellowship -- until Adele steps in to mediate -- and Izzie's interns discover something unsettling on a "patient x," unaware that the charts they're looking at are actually Izzie's.

My Thoughts:
A good episode... though not quite as good as most of the previous ones. We find out exactly what is wrong with Izzy in this one. I am afraid I don't care too much for the current Derek storyline though.

My Rating:

18. Stand By Me
After his fellow surgeons try and fail to bring Derek back to work, Meredith must summon the strength to convince him. Meanwhile the hospital is abuzz as Mark attempts a rare face transplant surgery, Cristina, at last awarded her first solo surgery, is more focused on the needs of her friends, and Izzie does her best to keep her medical condition a secret.

My Thoughts:
The first thing I have to say... very cool surgery in this one! But at the same time... I still not enjoying the new Derek storyline. Though it does seem to be a very short storyline... as it seems it is at the beginning of the end of it now.

My Rating:

19. Elevator Love Letter
Tensions are running high at Seattle Grace with all eyes on Derek as he is set to perform his first surgery after his breakdown; attention is also set on Izzie, whose medical condition requires her to undergo a difficult surgery; and Owen has another PTSD episode that injures Cristina and traumatizes both of them, throwing the future of their relationship into question.

My Thoughts:
A good episode. Izzy going through her first surgery made this episode very dramatic. But to add some lighthearted aspects to the episode they added a case where a little old lady that was dying with an impatient family waiting for her to go... but she just kept hanging on. I know it sounds weird... but it was a fun part of this one.

My Rating:

20. Sweet Surrender
As she endures aggressive treatment for her cancer, Izzie throws herself into planning Derek and Meredith's wedding, Callie introduces Arizona as her girlfriend to her disapproving father, George excels in a trauma emergency when Alex freezes, and Owen seeks help with his PTSD.

My Thoughts:
This is a good episode for continuing the personal life storylines for the doctors. But not much more other then that happens. Making the episode not as exciting as most in the season.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2010, 01:53:02 AM »
Season 5 Disc 6:

21. No Good At Saying Sorry
As preparations continue for Meredith and Derek's wedding, Izzie receives a surprise hospital visit from her handful-of-a-mother, Robbie. Meanwhile, a newly sober Thatcher visits his daughters, Meredith and Lexie, in order to make amends, and the Chief and Meredith bitterly fight over a controversial medical case.

My Thoughts:
A good episode. In this one we get to meet Izzy's mother. The medical cases are pretty good in this one... but it is once again mostly dealing with the doctors' personal lives.

My Rating:

22. What a Difference a Day Makes
As Meredith, Derek and all of their friends prepare for the big wedding, a group of college students, injured in a car crash as they were heading to their graduation ceremony, is admitted to the ER. Meanwhile, Izzie fears the worst when she begins experiencing familiar symptoms.

My Thoughts:
This is the 100th episode of Grey's Anatomy! TV Series normally make a big deal out of this. And this one is no different! Lots of big advancements in the personal life storylines... especially that of Izzy and her sickness. And a very good medical storyline as well. Excellent episode!

My Rating:

23. Here's To The Future
Izzie spends time with a fellow cancer patient and contemplates whether or not to undergo a risky surgery, as Mark is ready to take his relationship with Lexie to the next level and a patient makes Owen reassess his place at Seattle Grace.

My Thoughts:
You can tell we are so very close to the end of this season... the episodes really picked it up a notch. Another excellent episode. A lot going on with Izzy's sickness and treatment.... and a heck of a surprise from George at the end of this one!

My Rating:

24. Now Or Never
George delivers stunning news to Bailey, sending shockwaves throughout the hospital, and Izzie's friends anxiously await her recovery from surgery. Meanwhile Bailey is surprisingly displeased after being accepted into the pediatric fellowship program, and the victim of a near-fatal traffic accident brings the talents of Seattle Grace's doctors together.

My Thoughts:
Wow! what a season finale! The ending is a cliffhanger... and one that you would have never expected. Once again an excellent episode!

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2010, 01:53:48 AM »
And once again... this marathon must come to an end until I can get my greedy little hands on season 6! :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2011, 08:12:22 PM »
May as well get this set up... as I should have season 6 within the next week. :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2011, 08:20:59 PM »
Grey's Anatomy Marathon
Season 6:

They are doctors, lovers and friends. Join the staff of Seattle Grace Hospital as they learn there are no easy cures for life's challenges and that each choice comes in shades of grey.

Main Cast:
Ellen Pompeo as Dr. Meredith Grey
Sandra Oh as Dr. Cristina Yang
Katherine Heigl as Dr. Isobel "Izzie" Stevens
Justin Chambers as Dr. Alex Karev
Chandra Wilson as Dr. Miranda Bailey
James Pickens, Jr. as Dr. Richard Webber
Patrick Dempsey as Dr. Derek Shepherd
Sara Ramirez as Dr. Callie Torres
Eric Dane as Dr. Mark Sloan
Chyler Leigh as Lexie Grey
Kevin McKidd as Dr. Owen Hunt
Jessica Capshaw   as Dr. Arizona Robbins
Kim Raver as Dr. Teddy Altman
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2011, 12:48:44 AM »
Season 6 Disc 1:

1. Good Mourning
The Seattle Grace staff has to deal with the aftermath of George's tragic death. As the news hits the staff hard, they all must find a way to get through the stages of grief. Later, George's mother arrives at the hospital to decide what to do with his organs.

My Thoughts:
This is an excellent continuation to the last season finale. A very emotional episode.. but at the same time a fun episode. I enjoyed every second of this one! I liked how they handled the conclusion to last season's cliffhanger.

My Rating:

2. Goodbye
Though time has passed since George's death, everyone continues to struggle with his passing by finding distractions to keep themselves occupied. Meredith and Derek cope by consummating their marriage anywhere and everywhere, while Dr. Wyatt suggests that Cristina and Owen abstain from sex.

My Thoughts:
Another very food episode. I liked the storyline of the girl who fell out of the boat... getting pulled into the propeller blades. It is a story continued from the previous episode. There is also a nice little plot twist at the end of this one.

My Rating:

3. I Always Feel Like Somebody's Watchin' Me
Izzie returns to work following her near-death experience. Meanwhile, the Seattle Grace residents brace for upcoming layoffs and try to position themselves in order to keep their jobs, with Cristina attempting to work with Arizona in pediatrics. Elsewhere, Bailey and Alex's complex case becomes increasingly difficult when the patient's schizophrenic son has issues with her care.

My Thoughts:
A good episode... though not quite as good as the previous couple. I found the storyline about reattaching an infants arm interesting... if not a bit disturbing that a mistake such as cutting too deep during a C-Section could possibly happen. I found the storyline about the schizophrenic and his mother to be a little on the slow side.

My Rating:

4. Tainted Obligation
Thatcher returns to the hospital in need of a new liver, and Meredith is the only one who is a match leaving her to make a tough decision. Meanwhile, Izzie finds common ground with a patient with tumors; and Mark, annoyed with Cristina, has her assist on an unusual surgery.

My Thoughts:
This one I enjoyed quite a bit. all the storylines were interesting. First time this season we see Meredith's father again.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2011, 01:10:47 AM »
...Another very food episode...

Were you hungry when you were writing this?  :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2011, 09:33:40 AM »
 :laugh: Actually yes I was.... right after posting that I got off the computer and got me a snack.  :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2011, 10:15:40 PM »
Season 6 Disc 2:

5. Invasion
Seattle Grace and Mercy West residents compete for surgeries as the two hospitals are merged. Meanwhile, Arizona stands by Callie when Callie's father brings in a priest in hopes of convincing her to stop dating women.

My Thoughts:
This is a good episode. In this one we meet all the doctors from he other hospital. So the cast basically doubles for a while. We also for the most part loose one of the regular cast... as she just shows up for an episode or two the rest of this season and then is gone from then on. Which is a shame since she is one of my favorite characters. One that has been there since day one.

My Rating:

6. I Saw What I Saw
When a burn victim unexpectedly dies during a chaotic time in the emergency room, the Chief, with the help of board member Jennings, interview each of the residents in order to find who was to blame in the incident, leading each of the doctors to defend their actions of the day to save their jobs.

My Thoughts:
This is an excellent episode. It plays out like a mystery. The storyline of the merging hospitals has been pretty good. Some of the new doctors from the other hospital I like... some I don't. But at this point it is still a very hectic thing and we loose at least 1 person per episode. Unfortunately I liked the one we lost in this episode. Would have liked to see her stick around for a while.

My Rating:

7.Give Peace a Chance
When Isaac, the hospital lab tech discovers he has an inoperable tumor wrapped around his spine, he seeks Derek for help. Meanwhile, Richard's authority is challenged by Derek.

My Thoughts:
A very good episode. I like how this one was really centered around a medical case. It was a nice change after so many personal life stories has been running so rampant on the show lately. Though I must admit that I am not sure I like where it is going at the end of the episode.

My Rating:

8. Invest In Love
The parents of Arizona's young patient offer the hospital a sizable donation, but when the patient takes a turn for the worse, Arizona finds herself torn between the hospital and the patient. Meanwhile, Cristina tests her boundaries with Owen.

My Thoughts:
Another very good episode. And another one where they really concentrate on a medical case over the personal lives. In this case a very moving story about an eleven year old boy.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2011, 11:36:02 AM »
Season 6 Disc 3:

9. New History
Owen recruits a new cardiothoracic surgeon, Iraqi War vet Dr. Teddy Altman, but Cristina is quick to judge her abilities in the O.R. Meanwhile, Izzie returns to Seattle Grace with her former high school teacher who is suffering from dementia; and the Chief begins to feel the strain of his new responsibilities post-merger.

My Thoughts:
Good episode... We get to see Izzy in this one again for the first time in several episodes. In this one the storylines were more personal then professional... which is ok but I normally prefer the episodes that are more medical case based.

My Rating:

10. Holidaze
As the holidays come and go, Miranda has a surprise visit from her father, William, who has a strong disapproval of her choices in life. Mark and Lexie must cope with a person who re-enters Mark's life, and Thatcher Grey questions the Chief's behavior, but Meredith is quick to come to the Chief's defense.

My Thoughts:
This is a different kind of holiday episode. This is because it covers 3 holidays in the one episode. Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years all in one episode. It also does a good job at covering storylines  on both the medical and personal subject matters. Very good episode!

My Rating:

11. Blink
Mark flies Addison to Seattle so that she can help perform a difficult procedure on his pregnant daughter. Meanwhile, Owen begins to question Teddy's motives when she has Cristina be the lead on a complex surgery; and Derek becomes suspicious when the Chief has Meredith assist on a high-profile operation.

My Thoughts:
Not a bad episode... but not as good as most of the previous ones. This one focuses more on the personal lives of the doctors then on the actual cases.

My Rating:

12. I Like You So Much Better When You're Naked
Derek confronts Richard over his alcoholism in an attempt to help his friend and the hospital. Izzie returns to reconcile with Alex, and tensions between Teddy, Cristina and Owen escalate.

My Thoughts:
Another episode that is mostly personal lives driven. Not terrible... but when it don't have strong, interesting medical cases to go with it... it is never as good. I was good to see Izzie in this episode again... but I believe this is the last time we see her.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2011, 04:36:54 PM »
Season 6 Disc 4:

13. State of Love and Trust
After being named interim chief, Derek begins to settle into his new position but faces a lawsuit when Bailey and Meredith's patient wakes up during surgery. Meanwhile, Teddy refuses to let Cristina be a part of her service, Alex continues to work with Arizona in pediatrics, and Mark avoids talking to Lexie who is still heartbroken over their break up.

My Thoughts:
A good episode... but pretty standard. Nothing really special about it stands out.

My Rating:

14. Valentine's Day Massacre
The doctors treat dozens of people when the roof of a romantic restaurant collapses on Valentine's Day, Meredith struggles with her new duties as the chief's wife.

My Thoughts:
As you can tell by the title... this is a Valentine's Day episode. They did a good job with it. I liked how they handled the medical case where the guy's arm got cut off in the collapsed building.

My Rating:

15. The Time Warp
Callie, Bailey and Richard present pivotal surgical cases from their pasts when Derek restores the hospital lecture series.

My Thoughts:
I found this one to be very entertaining. I liked how they worked it out to have flashbacks to when the residents were new to medicine themselves. My favorite episode on this disc.

My Rating:

16. Perfect Little Accident
When famous surgeon Dr. Harper Avery is rushed to Seattle Grace-Mercy West, the staff is surprised to discover that one of their own is related to this legend, and his unorthodox request for his surgery causes tensions t between Derek and Richard. Meanwhile Callie and Arizona try to help Teddy and Sloan move on from their pasts and find greener pastures.

My Thoughts:
This is a good episode. In this one we finally get to meet the famous surgeon that we been hearing about (through his award) since the first season. I liked how they did it... making him the grandfather of one of the new doctors from the merger.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2011, 11:57:38 AM »
Season 6 Disc 5:

17. Push
A patient who needs an extremely difficult surgery comes to Seattle Grace, and it's Richard and Owen who vie for the opportunity to tackle it. But the decision lies in the hands of Derek, who deems that Owen should take on the surgery, leaving Richard bitter. Meanwhile, Bailey deals with her own personal struggles when she nervously prepares for another date with Ben.

My Thoughts:
Not a bad episode... but again another one where very little happens. The medical cases aren't as interesting. Pretty standard episode.

My Rating:

18. Suicide is Painless
When Teddy's patient seeks to end treatment and her life, she turns to Hunt for help. The situation triggers Hunt's memories of his life at war and his past relationship with Teddy. Meanwhile, Callie and Arizona have a difference in opinion on what their future holds, and Richard tries to adjust to his role as a surgeon.

My Thoughts:
Wow... this is a very good... very powerful episode. Both the storyline of the patient in the hospital wanting to die and the flashbacks to Dr. Hunt in Iraq are so intense that they keep you transfixed to the screen. The patient wanting to die was played by Sara Gilbert (Roseanne).

My Rating:

19. Sympathy for the Parents
When Alex's brother shows up at the hospital with a hernia, Alex must get Bailey's approval for pro-bono surgery; parts of Alex's past are revealed to his friends and colleagues.

My Thoughts:
A good episode. I liked how they explained why Alex is the way he is. He is the one main character I never liked. And I still don't care for him... but at least you see a reason for him being the way he is. The other medical case is interesting... and will come up again before the season is over.

My Rating:

20. Hook, Line and Sinner
Sloan returns to Mark's apartment, just as she's going into labor, and Teddy, Mark and the still-fighting Callie and Arizona are there to help with the birth and to get Mark through his grandson's pending adoption. Meanwhile Teddy sees Derek's invitation to illustrious cardiothoracic surgeon Tom Evans' as a threat to her future employment at the hospital, and the team work on a crab boat captain who has been stabbed with a giant shark hook

My Thoughts:

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2011, 06:35:00 PM »
Season 6 Disc 6:

21. How Insensitive
Bailey preps the team with mandatory sensitivity training prior to admitting a 700-pound patient with compounded medical issues, and the case proves to be challenging in every sense of the word. Meanwhile Derek has to come face to face with a former patient's husband in a wrongful death deposition, and spending time with a heart patient's daughter opens up some old wounds for Cristina.

My Thoughts:
I enjoyed this one quite a bit. I liked how Alex handled the extremely obesed patient. The man that fells they (the doctors) killed his wife returns... with a lawyer, a situation that is getting bad... but will be much worse before it is all over.

My Rating:

22. Shiny Happy People
An elderly patient admitted into the E.R. for a heart condition sees a familiar face, a long lost love who happens to be in the E.R. as well for a fractured arm, and the staff find themselves caught up in their love story. Meanwhile, Karev treats a troubled teenage patient whose parents brought her in for schizophrenia, and Meredith can't help but tell Cristina about her suspicions of Owen.

My Thoughts:
A good episode. Had to like the storyline of the elderly couple that found each other once again at the hospital after being apart for 50 years. The elderly woman being played by none other then Marion Ross of Happy Days fame.

My Rating:

23. Sanctuary
The hospital is hit with an unprecedented crisis; Meredith and Cristina's surgical skills are put to the test.

My Thoughts:
An excellent first half of an amazing season finale. So much chaos happens in this first half... but you couldn't ask for it to be put together any better!

My Rating:

24. Death and All His Friends
The hospital is hit with an unprecedented crisis; Meredith and Cristina's surgical skills are put to the test.

My Thoughts:
This second half is just as amazing as the first. The chaos continues... and the ending is extremely well done. A very powerful and moving double length episode. Unbelievable ending to another great season of Grey's Anatomy... what must be my favorite medical drama.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2011, 06:36:08 PM »
Well that brings this thread to an end once again... at least until I get the next season. Which hasn't even finished it's original airing yet.
Pete