Author Topic: Tru Calling Marathon  (Read 8312 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Tru Calling Marathon
« on: April 25, 2010, 01:19:11 AM »
Tru Davies is a young woman who intended to go to medical school after graduating from college. When her internship with a local hospital falls through, Tru takes an unexpected job with the city morgue. While working there, a dead woman asks for her help and Tru suddenly wakes up to find that the day has restarted and finds herself compelled to stop the death, which may be the result of anything from suicide to murder. In the course of the re-run day, Tru often takes the opportunity to rectify various personal situations involving her family and friends.

Stars:
Eliza Dushku as Tru Davies
Zach Galifianakis as Davis
Shawn Reaves as Harrison Davies
Jason Priestley as Jack Harper
A. J. Cook as Lindsay Walker
Jessica Collins as Meredith Davies
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Tru Calling Marathon
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 01:21:20 AM »
What if you had the power to change the future, by reliving the past? For Tru Davies, that's the question she faces after her internship to medical school falls through and she takes a job working the graveyard shift at the city morgue. Left alone her first night on the job, she's shocked when a dead woman opens her eyes and asks for help. Tru them awakens to find herself reliving the same day all over again, except now she possesses the power to change the fate of the people wheeled into the morgue the night beforeā€“if she can find them before tragedy strikes.

Season 1 Episodes:
1. Pilot
2. Putting Out Fires
3. Brother's Keeper
4. Past Tense
5. Haunted
6. Star Crossed
7. Morning After
8. Closure
9. Murder in the Morgue
10. Reunion
11. Longest Day, The
12. Valentine
13 Drop Dead Gorgeous
14. Daddy's Girl
15. Getaway, The
16. Two Pair
17. Death Becomes Her
18. Rear Window
19. D.O.A
20. Two Weddings and a Funeral
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 01:23:07 AM »
OK guys... don't be looking at this thread shaking your heads! You knew I was going to do it sooner or later! And I am not planning on going nuts here. It well be like most of my marathon threads...  Just a place to put them as I watch the episodes here and there.  :P
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 03:12:25 AM »
This'll be interesting. I intended to post some comments ages ago, but I thought it was so poor I couldn't be bothered! It did seriously pick up toward the end of season 1, but I'm still surprised it got the chance at another shot. Still haven't watched season 2 yet.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 12:31:46 AM »
That is OK Jon... not accounting for taste!  :tease:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 01:42:47 PM »
Tru Calling Marathon
Season 1

Image: Track star Tru Davies  running to make it in time to graduation.

Episode 0 -Unaired Pilot
After graduating from college, hopeful medical school student Tru Davies is forced to take a job with the city morgue after her internship at a local hospital falls through. When a woman arrives at the morgue who died before her time, Tru sees the woman seemingly awaken and ask for Tru's help. The entire day rewinds, and Tru finds herself racing against the clock in order to save the woman's life before she dies, alongside trying to fix some of her own mistakes.

My Thoughts:
No... the Unaired Pilot is not i the DVD release. I just happened to have it on VCD so I thought I would start off the marathon with it. This episode really is very similar to what they actually aired. They just changed a couple things. One is her friend Cameron. In this version of the pilot he is making a video game based on Tru's running. And that is the other thing... Tru runs much more in this version of the pilot. And maybe had a couple people played by different  actor... not 100% sure about that. I didn't add the Guest Stars to this one as I didn't find any info on them online. And the credits were not on the VCD that I have.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 03:05:13 PM »
Tru Calling Marathon
Season 1

Image: Tru at the hospital for her brother.

Episode 1 - Pilot
When her medical school internship falls through, Tru Davies takes a job at the city morgue where she has an extraordinary encounter with a dead woman.

Guest Stars:
Kristoffer Polaha as Mark Evans
Hudson Leick as Rebecca Morgan
Heath Freeman as Cameron
John Haymes Newton as Aaron McCann
Vincent Laresca as Marco
Callum Keith Rennie as Elliot Winters

My Thoughts:
A difference I forgot to mention was that they down-graded Cameron's part to just a friend she graduated with and had drinks afterward with. There is no mention of the game he is creating... and she does not call him for help. They change that to Davis as we are used to in the series. This is a good start to the series. I enjoyed it. Tru definitely have a good memory. There is no way I would have remembered some of the things she did from the rewind day. Like the numbers that came up in that lotto thing. With my luck I wouldn't of even remembered which card my brother needed to save him from the beating. I also liked how they made you think the main storyline was over... just to through you back into it moments later.

Bonus Features for this Episode:
- Commentary Track with Creator/Executive Producer Jon Harmon Feldman , Executive Producer Dawn Parouse, Actors Eliza Dushku & Shaun  Reaves
- Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentaty

My Rating:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 03:14:32 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 04:04:14 PM »
Tru Calling Marathon
Season 1

Image: With this little girl killed in an apartment fire... Tru anxiously waits to be asked for help.

Episode 2 - Putting Out Fires
As Tru tries to prevent the deaths of a fireman and a little girl killed in an apartment fire, she finds herself falling in love.

Guest Stars:
Benjamin Benitez as Gardez
Kristoffer Polaha as Mark Evans
Michael Trucco as Nick Kelly
Halie Zastre as Samantha
Jillian Fargey as Diane
Reece Thompson as Kevin

My Thoughts:
This is another episode I enjoyed.... pretty much just as much as I did the pilot episode. I am glad they separated Tru and he college professor early on into the series. I like her being single and open to a relationship better for some reason.

Bonus Features for this Episode:
- Deleted Scenes

My Rating:
Pete