Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 248146 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched
« Reply #1140 on: September 11, 2013, 09:05:05 AM »
Call and complain. When I was shocked mine didn't ship yet (and said would be here on release day) I called Amazon and asked about the shipment. They said would still arrived on release day (next day) and if it didn't to let them know and they would refund the shipping charge for me. Worth a try. :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: September 12, 2013, 12:11:15 AM »
     The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Sixth Season
Wikipedia |IMDb |Trailer/Intro |
Whether on or above Earth, hilarity is outrageously universal in TV's most popular comedy featuring four forward-thinking but socially backward geniuses. Fun discoveries multiply: Leonard learns jealousy is bad for a relationship (with Penny) but science is good for seduction (of Penny). Howard finds life in the International Space Station is no escape from terrestrial turmoil between his overbearing mom and his new wife Bernadette. Raj meets someone special who may be a good match, if only he can keep her from fleeing mid-date. Even Sheldon learns a few things: a) what not to say when called in to meet the university's employee's relations director, b) what happens to childhood TV idols and c) that a Dungeons & Dragons adventure can be the icebreaker his relationship with Amy needs. For those who need laughter with scientific regularity, this 2-disc, 24-episode Season Six set of The Big Bang Theory will rock your cosmos.

Episodes:
1. The Date Night Variable
2. The Decoupling Fluctuation
3. The Higgs Boson Observation
4. The Re-Entry Minimization
5. The Holographic Excitation
6. The Extract Obliteration
7. The Habitat Configuration
8. The 43 Peculiarity
9. The Parking Spot Escalation
10. The Fish Guts Displacement
11. The Santa Simulation
12. The Egg Salad Equivalency
13. The Bakersfield Expedition
14. The Cooper/Kripke Inversion
15. The Spoiler Alert Segmentation
16. The Tangible Affection Proof
17. The Monster Isolation
18. The Contractual Obligation Implementation
19. The Closet Reconfiguration
20. The Tenure Turbulence
21. The Closure Alternative
22. The Proton Resurgence
23. The Love Spell Potential
24. The Bon Voyage Reaction

Stars:
Johnny Galecki as Leonard Hofstadter
Jim Parsons as Sheldon Cooper
Kaley Cuoco as Kaley Cuoco
Simon Helberg as Howard Wolowitz
Kunal Nayyar as Rajesh Koothrappali
Mayim Bialik as Amy
Melissa Rauch as Bernadette

My Thoughts:
Well that is it. I already finished watching this set. Another great season filled with laugh out loud moments. I really couldn't suggest this series high enough. I feel safe in saying this show is my favorite current sitcom... if not my all-time favorite sitcom. I always find it so easy to watch this show. No matter how long ago I seen the episode before. Matter of fact (while I am not going to do it... I could easily start at season 1 again now.... and re-watch all 6 seasons again. This season while probably not my favorite season... is definitely up there... a must see!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #1142 on: September 12, 2013, 03:49:28 AM »
I got it all today.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: September 12, 2013, 01:00:54 PM »
 :thumbup:
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #1144 on: September 13, 2013, 03:12:05 AM »
I just have a few more episodes of season 5 left..then I'll start on 6.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: November 06, 2013, 11:07:49 PM »
That old nostalgia feeling recently hit. I wanted to watch a classic sitcom. So I just finished off the first season of The Brady Bunch. This first season is from 1969... the year I was born. The odd thing with me and this series... I never cared much for it when I was a kid... but I quite enjoy it now. This is definitely the opposite of how most people feel about this series. I can't explain it... just a weird fact.

At this time I still feel that nostalgic yearning to watch a classic sitcom... so I will continue on to season 2. But I am not sure if I will watch the entire series or not. It all depends if that mood switches to something else before then.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: November 09, 2013, 01:07:32 PM »
     Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip: The Complete Series
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer/Intro |
What goes on behind the scenes of a nationwide late-night comedy sketch show? Aaron Sorkin, creator of The West Wing, answers that question with a must-see show within a show filled with engaging characters, ear-grabbing dialogue and a Hollywood hive of insider buzz.

Matthew Perry and Bradley Whitford portray the likable hotshots brought in to revive NBS-TV's sagging flagship comedy series and Amanda Peet plays their savvy boss in episodes exploring the lives and loves of and the make-or-break creative pressures on the show's staff. Panic. Chaos. Fear. Sleep deprivation. Just make sure it's funny by Friday. Because that's when a nation tunes in to Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip.

Episodes:
1. Pilot
2. The Cold Open
3. The Focus Group
4. The West Coast Delay
5. The Long Lead Story
6. The Wrap Party
7. Nevada Day, Part I
8. Nevada Day, Part II
9. The Option Period
10. B-12
11. The Christmas Show
12. Monday
13. The Harriet Dinner, Part I
14. The Harriet Dinner, Part II
15. The Friday Night Slaughter
16. 4AM Miracle
17. The Disaster Show
18. Breaking News
19. K&R, Part I
20. K&R, Part II
21. K&R, Part III
22. What Kind of Day Has It Been

Stars:
Matthew Perry as Matt Albie
Amanda Peet as Jordan McDeere
Bradley Whitford as Danny Tripp
Steven Weber as Jack Rudolph
D. L. Hughley as Simon Stiles

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:
This is a series I liked from the start when it originally aired. unfortunately NBC decided to cancel it after only 1 season. At least it was a full season. This series is a good combination of comedy and drama. I felt it really worked... and I liked all the characters. This is definitely a series I can easily recommend. I just wish there was more of it to watch.  For those of you that worry about it. Don't worry... the way they ended the season... there is no unresolved storylines. As the season finale also works well as a series finale. If you haven't yet... check it out. I don't think you will be sorry.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: November 13, 2013, 10:52:46 PM »
Well I just finished off the complete series set of The Brady Bunch... including all 5 seasons of the series as well as the two reunion movies that is included in the set.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: November 21, 2013, 03:04:42 PM »
I decided to start watching my Ghost Whisperer DVDs today. I been a big fan of Jennifer Love Hewitt ever since this series first aired. I own all 5 seasons I can work my way through. :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: November 24, 2013, 01:23:47 PM »
     Ghost Whisperer: The Complete First Season
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer/Intro |
Melinda Gordon (Jennifer Love Hewitt) is a young newlywed with the unique gift to communicate with spirits of people who have died - a talent that was inherited from her grandmother.

The dead seek out Melinda's ability to help them relay significant messages and information to the living. Despite her fear, compassion compels her to help these earthbound spirits cross over by completing their unfinished business with the living. Relive these amazing journeys in all 22 first-season episodes.

Episodes:
1. Pilot
2. The Crossing
3. Ghost, Interrupted
4. Mended Hearts
5. Lost Boys
6. Homecoming
7. Hope and Mercy
8. On the Wings of a Dove
9. Voices
10. Ghost Bride
11. Shadow Boxer
12. Undead Comic
13. Friendly Neighborhood Ghost
14. Last Execution
15. Melinda's First Ghost
16. Dead Man's Ridge
17. Demon Child
18. Miss Fortune
19. Fury
20. The Vanishing
21. Free Fall
22. The One

Stars:
Jennifer Love Hewitt as Melinda Gordon
Aisha Tyler as Andrea Moreno
David Conrad as Jim Clancy

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is the series that made me a fan of Jennifer Love Hewitt. I think she was just fantastic in this series. As was Aisha Tyler and David Conrad. This first season stuck more to the drama... it isn't until later seasons that they explored the more spooky storylines such a series can do. I really enjoyed most all the episodes in this season. And the season ends with a bang. Though I must admit the big surprise they had for the end of the first season I seen coming from a mile away. Even the first time I saw the 2 part season finale when it originally aired I told my whole family what I thought (as the whole family loved this show from the start) in part one of the finale. They all thought I was nuts... but at the end of part two they all seen I was right. If you never seen this series before I definitely highly recommend it. Some of my favorite episodes from the first season...

- Pilot
- Lost Boys
- Melinda's First Ghost
- Free Fall
- The One

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: November 29, 2013, 02:31:23 PM »
    Ghost Whisperer: The Second Season
Melinda Gordon (Jennifer Love Hewitt) has the ability to communicate with the earthbound spirits of people who died, providing deeply moving and important closure for them and their loved ones.

This season Melinda and her husband, Jim Claney, (David Conrad) are joined by new friend and employee Delia Banks (Camryn Manheim), as Melinda battles the dark forces taking over her beloved town of Grandview. Discover her unbelievable adventure in all 22 second-season episodes.

Episodes:
1. Love Never Dies
2. Love Still Won't Die
3. Drowned Lives
4. The Ghost Within
5. A Grave Matter
6. The Woman of His Dreams
7. A Vicious Cycle
8. The Night We Met
9. The Curse of the Ninth
10. Giving Up the Ghost
11. Cat's Claw
12. Dead to Rights
13. Deja Boo
14. Speed Demon
15. Mean Ghost
16. The Cradle Will Rock
17. The Walk-In
18. Children of Ghosts
19. Delia's First Ghost
20. The Collector
21. The Prophet
22. The Gathering

Stars:
Camryn Manheim as Delia Banks
Jay Mohr as Professor Rick Payne
Tyler Patrick Jones as Ned Banks

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Interactive Games
  • Closed Captioned
  • Webisodes
  • Tarot cards
  • Speed Painting Video

My Thoughts:
I finished the second season yesterday. Still enjoying every minute of it. But I must admit I didn't care too much for the Gabriel storyline at the end of this season. And if I remember correctly.. that storyline continues in the third season. If you never done so before I highly recommend checking out this series. Some of my favorite episodes from the second season includes...

- Love Never Dies
- The Night We Met
- Mean Ghost

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: December 03, 2013, 01:08:39 AM »
     Ghost Whisperer: The Third Season

The hit CBS drama Ghost Whisperer plunges into new territory, literally rocking the foundation of the series. At the end of season two Melinda (Jennifer Love Hewitt) met the ghost of her estranged father, who told her she has a brother. Melinda's search for the truth of her family history grows ever more complex and dangerous when she learns that her roots are bound to the roots of Grandview itself. Melinda and husband Jim (David Conrad) begin to wonder whether this small town they chose for its peace and tranquility might have actually chosen them. With the help of occult expert Professor Payne (Jay Mohr) and loyal but skeptical friend Delia (Camryn Manheim), Melinda digs for answers. She discovers that in the town's desperation to bury its own dark past, a whole other world was left festering literally beneath their feet. Journey with Melinda as she uncovers the mysteries of Grandview in all 18 third-season episodes.

Episodes:
1. The Underneath
2. Don't Try This at Home
3. Haunted Hero
4. No Safe Place
5. Weight of What Was
6. Double Exposure
7. Unhappy Medium
8. Bad Blood
9. All Ghosts Lead to Grandview
10. Holiday Spirit
11. Slam
12. First Do No Harm
13. Home But Not Alone
14. The Gravesitter
15. Horror Show
16. Deadbeat Dads
17. Stranglehold
18. Pater Familias

Stars:
Camryn Manheim as Delia Banks
Jay Mohr as Professor Rick Payne

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Gallery
  • Interactive Games
  • Closed Captioned
  • The Other Side II Webseries, Animated Short

My Thoughts:
I just finished the third season. While I still enjoyed it very much... it did seem to lose a little something for me towards the end episodes. But still remains to be one of my favorite series more then worth the time put in to watch it. I am looking forward to watching the last 2 seasons of this show. Some of my favorite episodes from this set includes...

All Ghosts Lead to Grandview
Slam
Home But Not Alone
Horror Show

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: February 11, 2014, 05:04:30 PM »
     2 Broke Girls: The Complete Second Season
While best friends Max (Kat Dennings) and Caroline (Beth Behrs) continue waiting tables in Brooklyn, the future looks bright for their start-up business venture. There's a great review from a famous TV personality, a lucky break in real estate and a surprise influx of cash, resulting in the grand opening of Max's Homemade Cupcakes! But success doesn't happen overnight. There are rats to be dealt with. Plus ex-boyfriends and a new flame. Not to mention long nights packing a pastry gun. And that eviction notice. But great pals at the diner, hearty humor and a heaping spoonful of sarcasm help smooth out all the bumps on the road to riches in all 24 Season Two episodes of the smash hit 2 Broke Girls. Ka-ching!

Episodes:
1. And the Hidden Stash
2. And the Pearl Necklace
3. And the Hold-Up
4. And the Cupcake War
5. And the Pre-Approved Credit Card
6. And the Candy Manwich
7. And the Three Boys with Wood
8. And the Egg Special
9. And the New Boss
10. And the Big Opening
11. And the Silent Partner
12. And the High Holidays
13. And the Bear Truth
14. And Too Little Sleep
15. And the Psychic Shakedown
16. And Just Plane Magic
17. And the Broken Hip
18. And Not-So-Sweet Charity
19. And the Temporary Distraction
20. And the Big Hole
21. And the Worst Selfie Ever
22. And the Extra Work
23. And the Tip Slip
24. And the Window of Opportunity

Stars:
Kat Dennings as Max Black
Beth Behrs as Caroline Channing
Garrett Morris as Earl
Jonathan Kite as Oleg
Matthew Moy as Han

Extras:
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers

My Thoughts:
I just finished watching the second season of 2 Broke Girls. This is one of my favorite current sitcoms. Because of this show I have became a big fan of Kat Dennings. She is just hilarious. This season was filled with a lot of great episodes. And I was pleasantly surprised to find there was a couple episodes this season that I missed when they originally aired. If you never seen this show... I highly recommend it.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #1153 on: February 11, 2014, 06:52:24 PM »
Because of this show I have became a big fan of Kat Dennings.

Have you seen Defendor? I recently rewatched it and was surprised that she was starring in that film. When I first saw the movie I didn't know her yet.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: February 11, 2014, 10:11:58 PM »
No I haven't... but it is going on my wishlist... thanks! :)
Pete