Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 248128 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched
« Reply #960 on: December 28, 2011, 09:50:25 PM »
     Batman: The Animated Series: Volume Two: Disc 1: DC Comics Classic Collection (1992/United States)

1. Eternal Youth
Poison Ivy lures people to her health spa and turns them into trees.

2. Perchance To Dream
Bruce Wayne finds himself in a strange world where his parents are alive and he's never been Batman.

3. The Cape & Cowl Conspiracy
Batman must outsmart Josiah Wormwood, a criminal who schemes to acquire his mask.

4. Robin's Reckoning (Part 1)
Robin has been left out in the cold on the current case Batman is working on. Batman's outrageous rejection of Robin's involvement in the case has Robin even more anxious as to what is going on. Unwilling to take Batman's orders, Robin finds out what Batman is hiding him from.

5. Robin's Reckoning (Part 2)
Robin has learned of Batman's elusive enemy that the Dark Knight is keeping him from, Robin's parents murderer. As elusive as Tony Zucco has been, he can't elude the Bat forever. What's more, is that the Bat cannot elude Robin forever in hiding this man's location from him. What will prevail in the end; justice or revenge?

6. The Laughing Fish
The Joker tries to copyright his smile after developing a chemical that produces bizarre smiles on fish.

7. Night Of The Ninja
An old martial arts nemesis of Bruce Wayne, Kyodai Ken, comes to Gotham City planning for his revenge.

Stars:
Kevin Conroy as Batman
Bob Hastings as Gordon
Efrem Zimbalist, Jr. as Alfred

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Featurettes
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is a cartoon I always enjoyed when it originally ran. But I haven't seen most the episodes in a very long time now. It was good to watch these episodes again... was like watching them for the first time again as I really didn't remember many of the storylines. My favorite on this disc has to be the two part episode dealing with the origin of Robin. He was only in 3 episodes of the volume one set... and here in the volume two set he was already in that many episodes on the very first disc. And looks like he will be in the show for this point on. Now if we could just get Batgirl going on the series we will have the gang all here.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: December 29, 2011, 03:12:13 PM »
     Psych: The Complete First Season: Disc 3 (2006/United States)

7. Who Ya Gonna Call?
Shawn and Gus must save a man who claims a ghost is trying to kill him.

8. Shawn vs. The Red Phantom
A teenager goes missing, and to Gus' delight, he and Shawn must spend the entire weekend at the boy's last known location — the Santa Barbara Comic-Con — investigating his disappearance.

9. Forget Me Not
When Henry's former Captain, suffering from early on-set Alzheimer's, knows he's solved a crime but can't remember it, he comes to Shawn for help, who must piece together not only Connors' memories, but also the clues buried in them, to find the killer.

10. From the Earth to the Starbucks
When a drunken and depressed Lassiter confesses to Shawn that he has doubts not only about the death of an astronomer, officially listed as being of natural causes, but also doubts about his ability to ever solve a case again, Shawn sets out to secretly prove the detective right in order to boost his morale.

11. He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not, He Loves Me, Oops He's Dead!
As a joke, Lassiter sticks Shawn with a case where a man shows up naked at the police station claiming to have been abducted by aliens, but Shawn's investigation soon takes him into an even stranger universe - speed dating.

Stars:
James Roday as Shawn Spencer
Dulé Hill as Burton "Gus" Guster
Timothy Omundson as Detective Carlton Lassiter
Maggie Lawson as Juliet O'Hara
Corbin Bernsen as Henry Spencer

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Deleted Scenes

My Thoughts:
I just finished off another disc in this set. One more disc to go to complete the first season. I am still enjoying the show quite a bit. It really seems to be a fun series. By this point I am getting to know and like all the main characters. The episodes remain fun... and has decent mysteries at the same time. My favorite episode on this disc would have to be Shawn vs. The Red Phantom. Mainly because I liked how they hammed it up at the Comic-con. And they even had George Takei (Star Trek) as a special guest star to appear at the Comic-Con.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: December 30, 2011, 01:20:51 AM »
     Psych: The Complete First Season: Disc 4 (2007/United States)

12. Cloudy...Chance of Murder
When a woman sleeps with a beloved local weatherman but wakes up to find him dead, she is charged with his murder. Shawn finds a way into the case by becoming a consultant to the defense.

13. Game, Set...Muuurder?
Before the Psych Agency can begin to investigate the disappearance of an up and coming tennis star, Shawn must first retrieve Gus from a corporate retreat, and they soon realize things are not always as they appear.

14. Poker? I Barely Know Her
Henry's old friend Bill Peterson refuses to call the police after his wayward son steals from him and then goes missing, which forces Henry to go find help in the last place he ever wanted to visit - the Psych office.

15. Scary Sherry: Bianca's Toast
Shawn and Gus step into a real life urban legend, as they investigate a death suspiciously like the tale of "Scary Sherry," who met her untimely end at the now haunted Wispy Sunny Pines mental institution.

Stars:
Kirsten Nelson as Interim Chief Vick
Michael Weston as Adam Hornstock

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Deleted Scenes

My Thoughts:
I am liking this series more and more with every episode I watch! This disc completes the first season... and has my favorite episode in the entire first season... possibly the entire series as I think it will be a hard one to beat. The episode I am talking about is Scary Sherry: Bianca's Toast. Which also just happens to be a Halloween episode. Though you wouldn't know it if you didn't catch the episode from the very beginning. As it makes it perfectly clear that it is taking place on Halloween in the beginning of the episode... but then it isn't mentioned again at all within the rest of the episode. Not even any sign of Halloween decorations or anything. Though the subject of the story is meant to be spooky. Well... about as spooky as a crime comedy series can be anyway. I now can't wait to start season 2! I just wish the seasons weren't so short!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: December 31, 2011, 11:12:52 PM »
     Psych: The Complete Second Season (2007/United States)

Get ready for more quirky adventures with TV's freshest and most eccentric sleuth as all 16 Season Two episodes of the hit series Psych arrive on DVD! Phony police psychic Shawn Spencer (James Roday) and his skeptical best friend Gus (Dulé Hill) are back on the case in this 4-disc set. Joining them is a supernaturally talented roster of guest stars, including Primetime Emmy® Award nominee Tim Curry, Golden Globe® nominee Gina Gershon and Kevin Sorbo. Featuring two episodes directed by the legendary John Landis (National Lampoon's® Animal House, The Blues Brothers) and over 45 minutes of can't-miss bonus materials, Season Two of Psych is a must for every DVD library! Critics exclaim, "It's not only laugh-out-loud-until-soda-squirts-out-of-your-nose funny, but it's also perfectly cast" (New York Post). We predict you'll love every quick-witted moment!

EPISODES:
1. American Duos
2. Sixty Five Million Years Off
3. Psy vs. Psy
4. Zero to Murder in Sixty Seconds
5. And Down the Stretch Comes Murder
6. Meat is Murder, But Murder is Also Murder
7. If You're So Smart, Then Why Are You Dead?
8. Rob-a-Bye Baby
9. Bounty Hunters!
10. Gus' Dad May Have Killed an Old Guy!
11. There's Something About Mira
12. The Old and the Restless
13. Lights, Camera ... Homicidio
14. Dis-Lodged
15. Black and Tan: A Crime of Fashion
16. Shawn (and Gus) of the Dead

Stars:
Kirsten Nelson as Interim Chief Karen Vick

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Lil' Shawn and Gus webisodes

My Thoughts:
I been enjoying this show so much that I just couldn't be bothered writing a review for each disc. So I waited until I watched the complete season. And I am still completely hooked on this series. I have now watched 2 of the 4 seasons that I got for Christmas... and just can't wait to start season 3. Why am I so hooked on this series?... I really don't know... just know that I am enjoying every moment of this fun series. Favorite episode of the season? So many good episodes it really isn't easy to say... but I guess I would have to go with Shawn (and Gus) of the Dead... which happens to be the season finale. And I think they ended the season with a nice little cliffhanger. Nothing detrimental to the storyline... but something to keep your interest for the next season.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: January 02, 2012, 04:02:17 PM »
     Psych: The Complete Third Season (2008/United States)

Fake psychic detective Shawn Specer (James Roday) and his best friend Gus (Dulé Hill) are cracking the case – and cracking up audiences everywhere – in all 16 Season Three epsidoes from the quick-witted detective series Psych. After earning a reputation for taking on the ununusal cases that leave most sleuths scratching their heads, Shawn and Gus are in for more mayhem this season as they tackle mysteries that range from the decidedly abnormal to the hauntingly paranormal. Join guest stars Cybill Shepherd (The L Word), Gary Cole (Pineapple Express), Phylicia Rashad (A Raisin in the Sun) and many more in this fresh and funny show that Maureen Ryan of Chicago Tribune declares, "Roday and Hill have the kind of chemistry you just can't manufacture."

EPISODES:
1. Ghosts
2. Murder?... Anyone?... Anyone?... Bueller?
3. Daredevils!
4. The Greatest Adventure in the History of Basic Cable
5. Disco Didn't Die. It Was Murdered!
6.There Might Be Blood
7. Talk Derby to Me
8. Gus Walks into a Bank
9. Christmas Joy
10. Six Feet Under the Sea
11. Lassie Did a Bad, Bad Thing
12. Earth, Wind and... Wait for It
13. Any Given Friday Night at 10pm, 9pm Central
14. Truer Lies
15. Tuesday the 17th
16. An Evening wtih Mr. Yang

Stars:
Kirsten Nelson as Interim Chief Karen Vick

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers

My Thoughts:
Last night I finished season 3 (and started Season 4)... I am still enjoying the series quite a bit... though I have found I am not laughing quite as much as I did over the first couple of seasons. There has been a gradual decline in the laugh out loud moments. But find it still well worth watching. There is a lot of good episodes this season... so had a hard time picking out a favorite episode of the season. But when it came down to it I had to pick An Evening wtih Mr. Yang which was the season finale. Not so much for any comedy in the episode... as there was very little. But because he went up against a serial killer. It especially got good once the serial killer got a hold of his mother.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: January 03, 2012, 07:11:00 PM »
     Psych: The Complete Fourth Season (2009/United States)

Smart. Scientific. Psychic? The decidedly distinctive team of Shawn Spencer (James Roday) and Burton Guster (Dulé Hill) from Psych P.I. are back for more laughs, more mystery, and more highly unusual cases in every wildly entertaining episode of Season Four. They might disagree, but they can always depend on each other. In this captivating season of whimsical and wonderful whodunits, their friendship and their business will be put to the test by a slew of potential culprits that includes werewolves, ghosts, a shark, and those who they trust the most. Guest-starring Sendhil Ramamurthy (Heroes), James Brolin (Catch Me If You Can), Rachael Leigh Cook (She's All That) and Ally Sheedy (The Breakfast Club), Psych continues to captivate viewers with the quirky detective duo ever to take on a case.

EPISODES:
1. Extradition: British Columbia
2. He Dead
3. High Noon-ish
4. The Devil's in the Details...and in the Upstairs Bedroom
5. Shawn Gets the Yips
6. Bollywood Homocide
7. High Top Fade-Out
8. Let's Get Hairy
9. Shawn Takes a Shot in the Dark
10. You Can't Handle This Episode
11. Thrill Seekers and Hell-Raisers
12. A Very Juliet Episode
13. Death Is in the Air
14. Think Tank
15. The Head, the Tail, the Whole Damn Episode
16. Mr. Yin Presents...

Stars:
Kirsten Nelson as Chief Karen Vick

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Interviews
  • Outtakes/Bloopers

My Thoughts:
I just finished season 4... the last season that was given to me for Christmas to watch. Though I do have the next season already ordered to look forward to. Needless to say... I am still hooked on the series. The set is filled with good episodes... but even so... it was once again rather easy for me to pick a favorite episode. As they brought back the character of Mr. Yang from the previous season's finale for this season's finale. Letting us know that Mr. Yang had a partner that is still out there.... a Mr. Yin! And looking ahead to season five I see they are brought back for that season finale as well. Something more to look forward to as these episodes are arguably the best episodes of the entire series.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: January 08, 2012, 12:57:01 PM »
     Psych: The Complete Fifth Season (2010/United States)

He's got an eye for details and a knack for saying the wrong thing... Fortunately for impulsive fake "psychic detective" Shawn Spencer (James Roday), his best friend, Burton "Gus" Guster (Dulé Hill), is there to make sense of it all in 16 peculiar and witty Season Five episodes of Psych. Based out of their quirky PI office, the unlikely duo are "psyched" this season to consult on some of the most bizarre police cases to-date: from infiltrating a ring of street thugs to ghost hunting to advocating for a polar bear. But, will rival profilers and old enemies put a stop to their rogue investigative style? Be there for all the mysterious mayhem and pineapple-hunting fun in the series that keeps audiences following the clues from one season to the next.

Stars:
Dulé Hill as Burton 'Gus' Guster
Timothy Omundson as Carlton Lassiter
Kirsten Nelson as Karen Vick

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Never-before-seen extended version of "Dual Spires"

My Thoughts:
Last night I finished the fifth season of this series. I am still enjoying it quite a bit. Lots of good laughs and some interesting cases as well. This season also has a nice selection of extras as usual. And this season they dropped the montages. Which I have no problem with at all... as that is one extra I never seen the sense in. I mean all it is... is clips from different episodes in the season within a certain theme. I just watched the entire season... why do I now want to watch clips from the episodes I just watched?

Now that I am all caught up with the DVDs I need to see about watching the current season episodes that has aired... this way I can start watching this show as it airs.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: January 09, 2012, 01:28:24 PM »
     1st & Ten: Complete Collection: Season 1 (1984)

Meet the California Bulls. They may not be the #1 football team in the league, but nobody does it better when it comes to outrageous exploits and sexy escapades. Join seductive owner Diane Barrow (Delta Burke) as she leads her team through a minefield of hilarious hijinks on and off the gridiron. And remember, whether the quaterback is getting sacked - or getting caught in the sack with a pair of cheerleaders, the object of the game is always the same: To Score!

Season 1 Episodes:
1. By the Bulls (The Pilot)
2. The Opener
3. All Roads Lead to Dayton
4. The Slump
5. Play Me or Trade Me
6. You Are Who You Eat
7. Uneasy Lies the Ahead
8. The Sins of the Quarterback
9. I Only Read Defenses
10. Wine Time
11. Rona's Fling
12. Not Quite Mr. Right
13. Super Bull Sunday

Stars:
Delta Burke as Diane Barrow
Robert Logan as Kyle Brody
Clayton Landey as Roger Barrow
Marshall Teague as Mace Petty
Reid Shelton as Coach Ernie Denardo
Robert Prescott as Bryce Smith 

Extras:
  • None

My Thoughts:
I just finished watching the first season in this complete series (6 seasons) set. I remember watching this show when it originally aired on HBO back in 1984. I remember enjoying the series then... and I enjoyed the first season now. But not nearly as much. Why? Not so much because the show didn't hold up over the years. More because most the episodes are the cut versions for network TV. There is a few episodes that are the original HBO cuts... can tell by the running time, language and nudity in those episodes. Another thing that shows the cut versions is the God-Awful laugh track that they added for the network airings. One that sounds so fake... and placed in the oddest places that it is distracting from the show. I did an internet search to see just how bad the rest of the episodes will be and I was disappointed to read that we get this type of treatment through half the set. The first 3 seasons are like this... but apparently seasons 4-6 are the original uncut episodes. Hopefully this is right... as it is very disappointing. I hate when they use cut versions!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: January 11, 2012, 03:39:40 PM »
     House M.D.: Season Seven (2010/United States)

Universal Studios Home Entertainment
Director:
Writing:
Length:1007 min.
Rating:NR
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English

Stars:
Hugh Laurie as Dr. Gregory House
Lisa Edelstein as Dr. Lisa Cuddy
Omar Epps as Dr. Eric Foreman
Robert Sean Leonard as Dr. James Wilson
Peter Jacobson as Dr. Chris Taub
Jesse Spencer as Dr. Robert Chase
Olivia Wilde as Dr. Remy "Thirteen" Hadley

Plot:
He's sarcastic, incorrigible, bitter and in a relationship? Hugh Laurie returns in all 23 Season Seven episodes of House, the role that earned him 5 Primetime Emmy® Award nominations and 2 Golden Globe® wins. Dr. Gregory House has spent his career taking on seemingly hopeless cases, but when his rapport with Dr. Lisa Cuddy (Lisa Edelstein) changes, he finds himself facing new and very different challenges. His team at Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital (Omar Epps, Jesse Spencer, Peter Jacobson, Robert Sean Leonard, Amber Tamblyn and Olivia Wilde) also continues to blaze trails as they investigate baffling medical cases involving a religious zealot, a professional bull rider and possibly even smallpox. Featuring phenomenal guest stars, including Candice Bergen (Murphy Brown), Jennifer Grey (Dirty Dancing), Jack Coleman (Heroes), Michael Gladis (Mad Men), and more, it's the addictive hit series that continues to surprise and captivate audiences.

Episodes:
1. Now What?
2. Selfish
3. Unwritten
4. Massage Therapy
5. Unplanned Parenthood
6. Office Politics
7. A Pox on Our House
8. Small Sacrifices
9. Larger than Life
10. Carrot or Stick
11. Family Practice
12. You Must Remember This
13. Two Stories
14. Recession Proof
15. Bombshells
16. Out of the Chute
17. Fall from Grace
18. The Dig
19. Last Temptation
20. Changes
21. The Fix
22. After Hours
23. Moving On

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:
I just finished this set of last season's episodes. As usual... I enjoyed every minute of this set. A lot of really good stories... and I especially liked how the season ended. Makes it so I can't wait to catch up on this season's episodes. I was thrilled to find out that Amber Tamblyn (Joan of Arcadia) joined the cast this season. Unfortunately though, she only lasted a small amount of episodes. I would say about half the episodes of the season. If not less. Which is a shame because I was really enjoying her character. I am hoping at some point they will revisit the character to let us know where she went from here.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: January 16, 2012, 04:40:44 PM »
     The Cape: The Complete Series (2011/United States)

He's righteous. He's heroic. He's The Cape.

Vince Faraday (David Lyons, E.R.) is an honest cop on a corrupt police force. When he's framed for murder and presumed dead, he finds that he must go into hiding - leaving behind his wife, Dana (Jennifer Ferrin, Life on Mars), and son, Trip (Ryan Wynott, Flash Forward). Determined to battle the criminals who now control his hometown, Vince takes the law into his own hands and becomes The Cape-his son's favorite comic book superhero. Featuring an incredible supporting cast, including James Frain (The Tudors), Keith David (Death at a Funeral), Summer Glau (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles), Dorian Missick (The Manchurian Candidate), Martin Klebba (Pirates of the Caribbean) and Vinnie Jones (Snatch), it's the action-packed series that has critics raving, "'The Cape' is cloaked in awesome." (OK! Magazine)

Episodes:
1. Pilot
2. Tarot
3. Kozmo
4. Scales
5. Dice
6. Goggles and Hicks
7. The Lich, Part 1
8. The Lich, Part 2
9. Razer
10. Endgame

Stars:
David Lyons as Vince Faraday/The Cape
Keith David as Max Malini
Summer Glau as Orwell
James Frain as Peter Fleming/Chess
Jennifer Ferrin as Dana Thompson-Faraday
Ryan Wynott as Trip Faraday
Dorian Missick as Marty Voyt

Extras:
  • Bonus Trailers

My Thoughts:
I just couldn't wait to check out this series... so started it yesterday. I just finished it... and I must say that I enjoyed it quite a bit! I enjoyed the story.... was hooked on all the action...and liked all the characters. Another series that was canceled before it's time. I would have liked to seen it... at the very least... gotten 1 full season. But in this case it was canceled after 9 episodes. The DVD set has all 10 episodes that were produced. When I saw that episode 10 was titled Endgame I had hopes that they managed to give the series decent closure. But no such luck. One of the main reasons I wanted to check out this series is because Summer Glau is part of the main cast. And as usual... she didn't disappoint. Sure there is a bunch of bad CGI with all The Cape can do... but I also enjoyed that in a fun, suspend all disbelief type of way. The DVD release has no show related extras what so ever... but at least it does have a "Play All" option for those of us that likes that option. If you don't mind having short-lived series.... with no real conclusion & can forgive the CGI used... this is one series I would recommend.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: January 19, 2012, 03:54:58 PM »
    1st & Ten: Complete Collection: Seasons 2-6 (1984)

Meet the California Bulls. They may not be the #1 football team in the league, but nobody does it better when it comes to outrageous exploits and sexy escapades. Join seductive owner Diane Barrow (Delta Burke) as she leads her team through a minefield of hilarious hijinks on and off the gridiron. And remember, whether the quarterback is getting sacked - or getting caught in the sack with a pair of cheerleaders, the object of the game is always the same: To Score!

Season 2 Episodes:
1. The Rookies
2. The Veterans
3. A Second Chance
4. Quarterbacks Tell No Tales
5. California Freeze Out
6. The Unkindest Cut
7. Yinessa's Interview
8. Easy Come, Easy Go
9. A Family Affair
10. The Big One
Season 3 Episodes:
1. Ernie's Last Quarter
2. A Second Chance Once Removed
3. A Loaded Gun
4. The Comeback Trail
5. Illegal Use of Love
6. The Bulls Change Hands
7. A Mutiny on the Bull Team
8. The Brink of Death
9. Call for the Hall
10. Blood on Blood
11. Land of the Free (Agent)
12. Of Scalpers and Superstars
13. Championship Games Jinx
Season 4 Episodes:
1. The Bulls Own Up
2. The Inmates Buy the Asylum
3. Caught in the Draft
4. Down and Out in Bulls Stadium
5. The Clock Runs Out
6. The Dark Side
7. Saturday Bloody Saturday
8. Injustice for All
9. Team Picture
10. Out of the Past
11. Final Bow
12. Duty Calls
13. The High and the Mighty
14. The Irreducible Bottom Line
Season 5 Episodes:
1. The Book According to Zagreb
2. The Con
3. False Start
4. Mind Games
5. Love and Marriage
6. Clean and Sober
7. Blood Money
8. Vindication
9. Gunn and Bullette
10. Heaven Help Me
11. Surprise, Surprise
12. All is Fair in Love and Football
13. Earn This One for Ernie
14. Who Stole Johnny Gunn?
Season 6 Episodes:
1. Opening Night
2. Old Dogs, New Tricks
3. She's Ba-ack
4. Altared States
5. Going in Style
6. Don't Powerburst My Bubble
7. The Squeeze
8. Take My Wives, Please!
9. Bull Day Afternoon
10. Sex, Bulls and Videotape
11. Irma Za-Greb
12. If I Didn't Play Football
13. A Roast is a Roast
14. Close Encounters of the Third Down
15. Flashbacks
16. Championship Game

Stars:
Delta Burke as Diane Barrow
Robert Logan as Kyle Brody
Clayton Landey as Roger Barrow
Marshall Teague as Mace Petty
Reid Shelton as Coach Ernie Denardo
Robert Prescott as Bryce Smith  

Extras:
  • None

My Thoughts:
Well... I just completed the entire series set. While it wasn't as good as I remembered it being... I was able to get into the show and enjoy it. Oddly I remember Delta Burke being in more of the series then what she was. She was only in it for about a season and a half... maybe 2 seasons. I had read in reviews that only the first 3 seasons had cut episodes. But this isn't true. While not nearly as many... all 6 seasons had at least some cut episodes. Which is a sad thing... but it could have been worse. While the audio was fine through-out (other then that awful fake laugh track added to some episodes)... the video on most episodes left some to be desired. At some points there was a bit of noticeable snow in the image. It didn't look like much... if anything... was done to clean up the source material. But over-all I enjoyed watching the show again. Of course it helps that I got the set for free. I would say it is worth adding to your collection as long as you are able to get it cheap.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: January 22, 2012, 09:00:47 PM »
     That '70s Show: Season One (1998/United States)

Flash back to a time when platform shoes and puka shells were all the rage in this hilarious retro-sitcom. For Eric, Kelso, Jackie, Hyde, Donna and Fez, a group of high school teens who spend most of their time hanging out in Eric's basement, live in the 70's isn't always so groovy. But between trying to figure out the meaning of life, avoiding their parents, and dealing out-of-control hormones, they've learned one thing for sure: they'll

Episodes:
1. That '70s Pilot
2. Eric's Birthday
3. Streaking
4. Battle of the Sexists
5. Eric's Burger Job
6. The Keg
7. That Disco Episode
8. Drive-In
9. Thanksgiving
10. Sunday, Bloody Sunday
11. Eric's Buddy
12. The Best Christmas Ever
13. Ski Trip
14. Stolen Car
15. That Wrestling Show
16. The First Date
17. The Pill
18. The Career Day
19. Prom Night
20. A New Hope
21. Water Tower
22. Punk Chick
23. Grandma's Dead
24. Hyde Moves In
25. The Good Son

Stars:
Topher Grace as Eric Forman
Mila Kunis as Jackie Burkhart
Ashton Kutcher as Michael Kelso
Danny Masterson as Steven Hyde
Laura Prepon as Donna Pinciotti
Wilmer Valderrama as Fez
Debra Jo Rupp as Kitty Forman

Extras:
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:
Before getting this set I have seen a good handful of episode and always thought it was a pretty good series. But now that I have gotten to see it from the very beginning I am enjoying it much more. Finding it to be a very funny series. My favorite character in the series has to be Donna... as I have always had a thing for redheads... and always liked a strong and independent woman. The character actually reminds me quite a bit of my wife when we were teens back in the '80s. In this case I don't think I could pick out a favorite episode as I really enjoyed them all so much. Definitely a series worth checking out if you haven't done so yet. I am looking forward to watching season 2 now.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: January 23, 2012, 08:24:09 PM »
     That '70s Show: Season Two (1999/United States)

As the gang continues their way toward adulthood, their childhood friendships suddenly get a bit more complicated: Kelso begins dating both Jackie and Laurie; Eric and Donna attempt to take their relationship to a new level; Fez keeps trying to get a girl (any girl); while Hyde is so cool that girls are asking him out. And while their parents tro to keep everybody on the straight and narrow, the gang keeps on truckin' with full speed hilarity.

Stars:
Topher Grace as Eric Forman
Laura Prepon as Donna Pinciotti
Ashton Kutcher as Michael Kelso
Danny Masterson as Steven Hyde
Mila Kunis as Jackie Burkhart
Wilmer Valderrama as Fez
Debra Jo Rupp as Kitty Forman

Extras:
  • Featurettes
  • Interviews

My Thoughts:
I just finished season 2... I went through this season in no time. And am enjoying the series even more. Tommy Chong (Cheech & Chong) was in several episodes of this season. He made a pretty good addition to the cast. Once again I can't decide which episode would be my favorite of the season as they were all good... but if pushed I would probably go with the 2 part episode where Donna and Eric loose their virginity. I would love to go straight to season 3... but don't have it yet. Hopefully I will be able to get it before too long.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: January 24, 2012, 04:51:54 AM »
Pete as you are on a cartoons roll maybe this release would interest you :whistle:

This is set to be release the january 31

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: January 24, 2012, 11:44:07 AM »
I didn't really care too much for that one when it aired. And can't believe they are calling the Pac-Man cartoon a classic. Makes me feel old. :P
Pete