Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 248144 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched
« Reply #855 on: July 20, 2011, 09:03:15 PM »
     CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: The Complete Sixth Season: Disc 1 (2005/United States)

1. BODIES IN MOTION
Forensic teams come back together under the leadership of Grissom and Catherine just in time to tackle three complex murder cases. Grissom and Catherine lead the team as they tackle three separate investigations: a murdered couple found in bed in a suspicious trailer explosion; a beautiful stripper discovered dead and dumped in the worst part of town; and two bodies found baked and decomposed after spending five days in the trunk of a car exposed to the hot Vegas sun, forcing the CSIs to "wrap" up the evidence and bring it back to the lab for further analysis.

2. ROOM SERVICE
The CSI team delves into the suspicious murder of an up and coming young movie star who is found dead after a night of partying in his hotel suite with his entourage of groupies. Meanwhile, downstairs at the same hotel, the team discovers that the immigrant kitchen workers may have turned against each other and committed murder.

3 . BITE ME
The CSI team investigates a wife's suspicious death on a flight of stairs. The overwhelming amount of blood evidence in the case leads Grissom and his team to discover several revealing secrets within this "typical" American marriage – secrets of adultery, blackmail and a biting fetish that may have ultimately contributed to the housewife's death.

4. SHOOTING STARS
When one cult member turns up missing at a mass suicide crime scene, Grissom and his team investigate whether the small cult really committed suicide or were murdered. A middle of the night break-in at a suburban home on the edge of the Vegas desert leads the CSIs to discover an abandoned military compound being used to house a small cult. Once inside, they discover a mass suicide has taken place. However, with 11 bodies and 12 beds, Grissom surmises that the killer may be the one body missing.

Stars:
William Petersen as Gil Grissom
Marg Helgenberger as Catherine Willows
Gary Dourdan as Warrick Brown
George Eads as Nick Stokes
Jorja Fox as Sara Sidle
Eric Szmanda as Greg Sanders
Robert David Hall as Doc Al Robbins

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
An excellent start to this season. I really enjoyed most these episodes. The only guest star in any of theses episodes I am familiar with was in the episode Bite Me. That one has Hudson Leick (Calisto on Xena: The Warrior Princess) in it. Bite Me also just happens to be my favorite episode on this disc.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: July 28, 2011, 04:05:50 PM »
     Smallville: Series Finale (2011/United States)

Clark and Lois attempt to make it to the altar, only to be plagued by doubts by each other's role in their lives. Meanwhile, the planet Apokolips approaches as Darkseid's prophets make Earth ready for his conquest of the planet, and Lionel abducts Tess as part of a scheme to bring back his son, Lex.

Stars:
Tom Welling as Clark Kent
Erica Durance as Lois Lane
Cassidy Freeman as Tess Mercer
Justin Hartley as Oliver Queen / Green Arrow
Allison Mack as Chloe Sullivan
Michael Rosenbaum as Lex Luthor
John Glover as Lionel Luthor
John Schneider as Jonathan Kent

Extras:
  • Scene Access

My Thoughts:
I haven't watched this since it originally aired. I been wanting to watch it again for a while now.... but stupid me accidentally deleted my recording. Luckily a friend of mine had his recording and made me a copy. And I am so thrilled he did... because when I watched my recording there seemed to be a section missing like my recording had an error or something. The last time I saw this... it showed Lois and Clark going to the alter during their wedding... cutting to commercial. When it came back to commercial it showed Clark and Oliver fighting in the empty chapel. It always felt that there was a chunk missing there. Which could be the reason I deleted my recording.

When I watch the recording I got off my friend... sure enough there was an entire section of the wedding ceremony there that I missed the first time. So today I finally got to see the entire episode for the very first time... making much more sense now. And I got to say... I loved every minute of it. I mean... sure it isn't perfect... it definitely reused some ideas from past seasons... as well as reusing an idea or two from the final season... but over-all I felt it was a great way to send off a good series. Most importantly It was just time to end the series. Actually I would even say past the time. And I am thankful they were able to give the series a decent closing. Plenty of entertainment value for the fans of Smallville. Now I almost feel like starting over again with season 1.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #857 on: July 28, 2011, 05:16:09 PM »
Plenty of entertainment value for the fans of Smallville. Now I almost feel like starting over again with season 1.

Do it! I just did rewatch all ten seasons, and it was well worth it!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: July 28, 2011, 05:19:44 PM »
I am considering it. I only have the first 8 seasons though. But first I want to watch that Wonder Woman pilot. Then I will see if I am still in the mood.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: July 28, 2011, 07:05:00 PM »
    Wonder Woman (2011/United States)

Wonder Woman is an action drama about the dc comics icon, a vigilante crime fighter in L.A. who is also a successful corporate executive and a modern woman trying to balance all of the elements of her extraordinary life.

Stars:
Adrianne Palicki as Diana Prince / Wonder Woman
Cary Elwes as Henry Johns
Elizabeth Hurley as Veronica Cale
Edward Herrmann as Senator Warren
Tracie Thoms as Etta Candy
Justin Bruening as Steve Trevor
Nancy Grace as Herself

Extras:
  • Scene Access

My Thoughts:
I am so thrilled I got the chance to see this. After looking forward to a new series and then the studios canceling the series before it even started was a real disappointment for me. After watching it I remain disappointed. I could have seen myself really getting into this series. Though it definitely needed some tweaking. First of all I found that they made Wonder Woman too dark. She did what she had to do to get what she believed to be justice. This included not only putting people in the hospital... but as far as murder. Though she only killed those that was trying to kill her... it still don't seem right for the character. Then there is the way she uses her magic lasso... she used it on several occasions in this pilot... and every time she snagged the person around the neck with it. It is definitely gone a step too far in that matter.

Next we have her identity. While she still only has 2 identities literally... it feel like three. We have Wonder Woman... who is also known to the public world as Diana Themyscira who runs a big business that supports her going out to fight crime. Then finally there is Diana Prince... which is no more then a persona she uses to let her get away from things. Going to a small home elsewhere to be by herself (other then her cat Sylvester)... and that is all Diana Prince is in this series.

Now I want to talk a little about the costume. We have debated what version of the costume we liked better... and that debate was all for nothing. Why? Because all the versions exist in this series! Yes she has more then one costume... which she wears depending nothing more then on her mood. So it is not like in the classic Lynda Carter Wonder Woman where there was one for everyday use, One for motorcycle riding and one for swimming. She just grabs whatever costume she is in the mood to wear. And yes... this includes the classic look with the short shorts!

Jet... Yes!... Invisible... No! We do see Wonder Woman flying around in her little jet. But this jet is not invisible. I don't know... possibly their plan was to give the jet a cloaking ability so that it could appear invisible in future episodes... but this is something we will never know. Also the jet is really very small. Almost pod-like only big enough for her alone to fly in.

What did I think of Adrianne Palicki in the title role? I liked her much better then I did in the promo photos we saw of her. While I would have still liked to seen someone else... someone like Eliza Dushku in the role... I could have enjoyed watching her Adrianne Palicki in the role with no problem at all. I really liked who they chose to play Steve Trevor. The got Justin Bruening to play him. He is the guy that played Michael Knight in the reboot of the Knight Rider series.

The story itself was interesting... definitely kept my attention. Wonder Woman is going after Veronica Cale, a Lex Luthor like character, who is putting out a dangerous steroids type drug to some ghetto sports kids which is killing the kids. She is trying to create a formula to make super-soldiers. I found to be entertaining but definitely in the need of some polishing. Over-all a good attempt at a new series... but watching this I can see why they refused the pilot. I just wish they would have polished it up... change a few things... then maybe they would have something they could have aired.

Screencaps:

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 07:09:30 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #860 on: July 28, 2011, 09:20:01 PM »
Just now I watched it also. Of what is shown in the pilot, the series could still have a more traditional origin story. It's just over time that Wonder Woman build a crime fighting enterprise through merchandising her image.
At first I thought I would have a problem with her roughness. But I have to admit a kinda liked it that she didn't restrain herself beating the crap out of the bad guys. But I am guessing the brutality of the pilot was one of the main reason that it was not picked up. Though I would have definitely followed this series.
Regarding the costume changes (I have to admit I wouldn't really have noticed it): It could very well be that after the negative reaction to the promo shots they changed up the costume and used a different one for scenes which haven't yet been shot at the time of the promo shots.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: July 28, 2011, 10:01:06 PM »
Yeah... I would have liked to seen more of an origin story as well. But like you... I would have definitely followed it.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: August 01, 2011, 01:34:43 PM »
     Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman: The Complete First Season: Disc One (1993/United States)

1. Pilot
Mild-mannered Clark Kent arrives in Metropolis, becomes a reporter for the Daily Planet, and creates his secret SUPERMAN identity. His first challenge: stop LEX LUTHOR from sabotaging the Space Station Prometheus project.

2. Strange Visitor [From Another Planet]
Superman discovers his roots. A phony warrant leads Clark to proof of his alien origin...and to a shadowy federal agent who wants Superman dead.

Stars:
Dean Cain as Superman/Clark Kent
Teri Hatcher as Lois Lane
Lane Smith as Perry White
Michael Landes as Jimmy Olson
Tracy Scoggins as Catherine "Cat" Grant
Elizabeth Barondes as Lucy Lane
John Shea as Lex Luthor

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Featurettes
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Lately I been in the mood to watch this series again. So last night I decided to go ahead and watch the pilot episode since yesterday was Dean Cain's birthday. This was always a favorite series for me and my wife when it originally aired. It was one of the shows we never missed. I always thought they did a good job with this series.. bringing a different kind of Superman show... concentrating more on Lois and Clark then being pretty much all about Superman. Superman is more what Clark can do then who he is.

The pilot episode was a great start for the series.I like how they handled everything... and still get a kick out of the montage of costumes that his mother went through to get the Superman costume just right. Some of the costumes they came up for him was pretty funny... but there was actually one or two that I kinda liked. Of course not as much as the real costume... but cool for some newly made up superhero.

In the second episode I really liked how they handled Clark finding out where he is from. It was only a short piece of the story... but it was done well.

I really enjoyed watching this first disc again. And want to continue watching. So I will be putting disc 2 in next while I am still in the mood. How much of the series I will watch... I am not sure yet. Stop and the next disc? finish season 1? Watch all 4 seasons? All depends how the mood lasts.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: August 02, 2011, 08:15:12 PM »
     Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman: The Complete First Season (1993/United States)

Share the soaring adventure and romantic fun in this Deluxe 6-Disc DVD Set of 21 first-season episodes, including a Feature-Length Pilot and High-Flying Extras. As DAILY PLANET reporters CLARK KENT and LOIS LANE, Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher clash, cooperate and flirt while chasing the hottest stories in METROPOLIS. The hottest scoop of all is Lois's secret heartthrob, the superhero she doesn't know is Clark's alter ego.

Stars:
Dean Cain as Superman/Clark Kent
Michael Landes as Jimmy Olson
Tracy Scoggins as Catherine "Cat" Grant
John Shea as Lex Luthor

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Featurettes
  • Closed Captioned
  • Original Pilot Presentation Reel

My Thoughts:
Over the last couple days I ended up watching the entire first season set. Really enjoyed watching this set again. I actually forgot how much I enjoyed this series. I really like the entire cast on this show. Well except for Tracy Scoggins... but not because of her... I just never liked the character she played. Apparently I wasn't alone in these feelings as her character disappeared after the first season. Now I am trying to decide if I want to continue and watch season two... or move on to a different show.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: August 02, 2011, 09:42:17 PM »
Watching and enjoying Lois and Clark again made me think a little about my wife since this is one of the shows we used to love to watch together. This made me look at the years this series was on... and I see that she didn't make it to see the last season and a half of this series... where she passed away in late '95.  Some reason that makes me a little sad.  :(
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: August 05, 2011, 12:16:31 AM »
     Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman: The Complete Second Season (1994/United States)

He catches bullets in his hand, snatches innocent citizens from the jaws of death, and zooms bombs, toxic chemicals and other deadly whatnot deep into outer space. But just when you think nothing can overwhelm Superman, love brings him to his knees.

Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher are back for the thrilling second season of new adventures. Action reigns as the Man of Steel unleashes chop-'til-you-drop martial arts moves to battle a mysterious Chi master, pits his mighty powers against the firepower of resurrected '30s mobster Al Capone, and mows down a perp walk of twisted-genius bad guys who challenge him with a lethal array of threats, theft, murder and mayhem. Super hero. Super action. You've got 'em both.

1. Madame Ex
2. Wall of Sound
3. The Source
4. The Prankster
5. Church of Metropolis
6. Operation Blackout
7. That Old Gang of Mine
8. A Bolt from the Blue
9. Season's Greedings
10. Metallo
11. Chi of Steel
12. The Eyes Have It
13. The Phoenix
14. Top Copy
15. Return of the Prankster
16. Lucky Leon
17. Resurrection
18. Tempus Fugitive
19. Target: Jimmy Olsen!
20. Individual Responsibility
21. Whine, Whine, Whine
22. And the Answer Is...

Stars:
Dean Cain as Clark Kent/Superman
Justin Whalin as Jimmy Olsen
Eddie Jones as Jonathan Kent
K Callan as Martha Kent

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Featurettes
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I just finished the second season. And still can't seem to stop watching! I am so enjoying revisiting this series. This is a very good season... with lots of familiar faces.

Here is some of the guest stars in this season...
- Bronson Pinchot
- Peter Boyle
- Denise Crosby
- Cindy Williams
- Denise Richards
- Isobel Sanford
- Sherman Helmsly
- Raquel Welch
- Robert Culp
- John Kapelos
- Bruce Campbell
- Martin Mull
- Ben Stein
- Frank Gorshin
- Adam West

So... Like I said this season has a lot of familiar faces. This season also has the first episode with H.G. Wells and Tempus. Those are definitely among the best episodes. Now off to start watching season 3! I can't believe how hooked I got on this series again!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: August 07, 2011, 04:01:17 AM »
     Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman: The Complete Third Season (1995/United States)

Wedding planning puts a strain on any couple. Lois and Clark aren't just any couple. Besides coping with caterers and orange blossoms, they must battle mad scientists, LEX LUTHOR, revived World War II Nazis and other diabolical foes. Which means Lois and Clark face one tough (and action-packed!) trip to the altar.

The Daily Planet's ace reporters team for exciting adventure and winning romance in 22 episodes that blew fans and critics away. "'Lois & Clark' has shown renewed superstrength in its third season...by breaking one of the oldest rules in the SUPERMAN canon: Superman has not merely revealed to LOIS LANE his secret identity as CLARK KENT, but he's also become engaged to her! Messing with the Superman myth is one thing; doing it so well is a shock" (Ken Tucker, 'Entertainment Weekly'). Prepare to be shocked...and thrilled!

Episodes:
1. We Have a Lot To Talk About
2. Ordinary People
3. Contact
4. When Irish Eyes Are Killing
5. Just Say Noah
6. Don't Tug On Superman's Cape
7. Ultra Woman
8. Chip Off The Old Clark
9. Super Mann
10. Virtually Destroyed
11. Home Is Where The Hurt Is
12. Never On Sunday
13. The Dad Who Came In From The Cold
14. Tempus, Anyone?
15. I Now Pronounce You...
16. Double Jeopardy
17. Seconds
18. Forget Me Not
19 Oedipus Wrecks
20. It's a Small World After All
21. Through a Glass, Darkly
22. Big Girls Don't Fly

Stars:
K Callan as Martha Kent

Extras:
  • Featurettes
  • Interactive Games
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I just finished this season. While I still enjoyed it quite a bit. This is actually my least favorite season of the series. It got a bit tiresome how they kept Lois and Clark apart. And I really didn't care for the whole frogs/clone storyline. That said... it did end on a high note. One that set up the fourth season really nicely. Once again there are many guest stars that I recognized this season. In the third season there was Peter Boyle, Bruce Campbell, Patrick Labyorteaux, Jonathan Frakes, Dave Coulier, James Read, Fred Willard, Brad Garrett, Tony Curtis and Justine Bateman.

When I first started to re-watch this series I was actually only planning on watching the pilot episode... or at the most the first disc of the first set. I got so into this series again that I have now completed the third season... and I still don't feel like I want to stop... so about to start the fourth (and final) season!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: August 08, 2011, 08:42:24 PM »
     Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman: The Complete Fourth Season (1996/United States)

LOIS LANE and CLARK KENT saved the best for last. In their final season, they finally get married. There are a few roadblocks along the highway to marital bliss: a worlds-at-war battle with Lord Nor; an adventure-packed encounter with the Wedding Destroyer, who believes folks are better dead than wed; and even wedding-night interruptus compliments of time-traveling H.G. Wells. But before or after the shoes and rice, all 22 fourth-season episodes zing with Lois & Clark's action/comedy blend. A multitude of baddies - ghosts, aliens, deranged scientists and bizarre criminal geniuses - power up the excitement. A multitude of guest stars - Drew Carey, Harry Anderson, Delta Burke and more - power up the laughs. Time to fly...and say goodbye!

Episodes:
1. Lord of the Flys
2. Battleground Earth
3. Swear to God, This Time We're Not Kidding
4. Soul Mates
5. Brutal Youth
6. The People vs. Lois Lane
7. Dead Lois Walking
8. Bob and Carol and Lois and Clark
9. Ghosts
10. Stop the Presses
11. Twas the Night Before Mxymas
12. Lethal Weapon
13. Sex, Lies and Videotape
14. Meet John Doe
15. Lois and Clarks
16. AKA Superman
17. Faster Than a Speeding Vixen
18. Shadow of a Doubt
19. Voice from the Past
20. I've Got You Under My Skin
21. Toy Story
22. The Family Hour

Stars:
K Callan as Martha Kent

Extras:
  • Featurettes
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Well... I did it! I watched all four seasons! Which is odd since when I started I didn't think I was going to watch much more then the pilot episode. This season I enjoyed just as much as the first two seasons. Season three was the only season to go down in my eyes. Mainly because of how hard they worked to keep Lois and Clark apart the entire season. This final season once again has a nice selection of guest stars... this time including Justine Bateman, David Doyle, Delta Burke, Jasmine Guy, Antonio Sabato, Jr., Drew Carey, Kathy Kinney, Howie Mandel, Tom Wilson, Nancy Dussault, Fred Willard, Tim Thomerson, Grant Shaud and Harry Anderson.

I am disappointed on how this season ended. It is fine for a season finale.... but disappointing as a series finale. As it set itself up for a fifth season. Of course they thought there would be a fifth season anyway. But still disappointing to see it end this way and not get any more episodes.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: August 14, 2011, 03:37:46 AM »
     All-American Girl: The Complete Series: Disc 1 (1994/United States)

Mom, Dad, This Is Kyle
(Original air date 9/14/94)
Margaret's new non-Korean boyfriend upsets her mother, prompting Margaret to announce that they've decided to move in together.

Submission: Impossible
(Original air date 9/21/94)
To the delight of her mother, Margaret begins dating a Korean but finds the expectation that she behave as a traditional Korean woman beyond troublesome.

Who's The Boss
(Original air date: 9/28/94)
Margaret's promotion to manager at the cosmetics counter results in Ruthie trying to take advantage of their friendship. At home, Grandma is convinced that the family's run of bad luck is the result of bad feng shui.

Yung At Heart
(Original air date: 10/5/94)
Grandma comes home from the mall with a boyfriend and a marriage proposal that would result in her moving to Florida.

Stars:
Margaret Cho as Margaret Kim
Jodi Long as Katherine Kim
Clyde Kusatsu as Benny Kim
Amy Hill as Grandma
Maddie Corman as Ruthie
Judy Gold as Gloria
J.B. Quon as Eric

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is a show that I remembered enjoying a lot back when it originally aired 17 years ago. So I been looking forward to seeing it again every since I found this set on sale so cheap ($5.99 New). I was a bit concerned that it wouldn't hold up for me... but after watching this first disc I found I still enjoy it very much. There is a lot of good laughs in this show. Besides Margaret herself... my favorite character on here has to be Grandma. I could easily fly through this set. I can't wait to pop in the next disc.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: August 16, 2011, 08:17:52 PM »
     The All New Super Friends Hour: Season One - Volume One: Disc One (1977/United States)

Join your favorite SUPER HEROES - Batman, Robin, Superman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman – in saving our imperiled world throughout 7 action-packed episodes, each with 4 exciting adventures. That's a total of 28 classic cartoons highlighted by the debut of Wonder Twins Zan and Jayna and their mischievous blue space monkey Gleek. Each episode features Cool Activities like magic tricks, arts and crafts and decoder games. Journey to the earth's core to defeat alien creatures, save reckless kids from impending dangers and fight master criminals to preserve justice with this 2-disc Collector's Edition you won't want to miss!

EPISODES:
1. The Brain Machine/Joy Ride/Invasion of the Earthors/The Whirlpool
2. Invasion of the Hydronoids/Hitchhike/City in a Bottle/Space Emergency
3. The Marsh Monster/Runaways/Will the World Collide?/Time Rescue
4. Doctor Fright/Drag Race/Day of the Plant Creatures/Fire

Stars:
Jack Angel
Wally Burr
Regis Cordic
Shannon Farnon
Casey Kasem
Ross Martin

Extras:
  • Feature Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I just finished off the first disc of this set today. It is a real blast from the past for me. I watched all the different Super Friends series when I was a kid. While this particular series was my least favorite out of them all... I still enjoyed seeing it again. You don't really get to see the classic villains in this show. This one is more on teaching kids morals and other valuable lessons. Each episode consists of 4 short stories. Usually... if not always... having one short story with just The Wonder Twins. And one story where one of the members of the Super Friends teams up with a guest super hero for the episode. As I said... this one is really far from the best incarnation of the Super Friends... and is my least favorite. So I would say to leave this one alone unless like me there is nostalgic reasons. And of course for me... just the fact that it is the Super Friends is a plus. I just can only watch a couple episodes at a time with this one.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete