Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 249801 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched
« Reply #840 on: July 13, 2011, 01:50:31 AM »
     House M.D.: Season Five: Disc 3 (2008/United States)

Joy to the World
It's not the most wonderful time of year for a bullied teenager who passes out during her school's Christmas program.

Painless
Cameron urges House and his team to take on the case of a patient whose chronic pain has caused him to become suicidal.

Big Baby
House and Cameron conflict in a power struggle while treating a Special Ed teacher who House considers too good to be true.

The Greater Good
The pursuit of happiness becomes a pressing issue when the team takes on the case of a sick cancer researcher who recently gave up saving lives in order to save herself.

Unfaithful
The staff must take a leap of faith while assisting a priest wo claims to have seen a bleeding figure of Jesus hovering at his doorstep.

Stars:
Hugh Laurie as Dr. Gregory House
Lisa Edelstein as Dr. Lisa Cuddy
Omar Epps as Dr. Eric Foreman
Robert Sean Leonard as Dr. James Wilson
Jennifer Morrison as Dr. Allison Cameron
Jesse Spencer as Dr. Robert Chase
Peter Jacobson as Dr. Chris Taub

Extras:
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:
I couldn't help but to watch another disc of this set. There is some really good episodes on this disc. The first two episodes we see Lori Petty again as a guest star. The first episode also has Sherilyn Fenn (Twin Peaks). My favorite episode on this disc has to be The Greater Good... which just happens to be the 100th episode of the series. After watching all the episodes on this disc I watched the featurette which is also on the 100th episode. While I knew that Hugh Laurie is British... I never realized that he has such a thick accent in his normal voice. He does a fine job at dropping the accent for the part.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: July 13, 2011, 07:14:39 PM »
     Scrubs: The Complete Seventh Season (2007/United States)

Get ready for an extra dose of laughs, and enjoy every surreal moment as television's celebrated sitcom hits new heights in its sensational seventh season.

Elliot, Turk and Carla may be growing older but they aren't necessarily growing up, even as career changes, family issues and love invade the quirky world of Sacred Heart.

The best way to enjoy the contagious comedy of Season Seven is on DVD, complete with exclusive bonus features –including a behind-the-scenes look at the "fairytale" episode directed by Zach Braff, bloopers and alternate lines. It's off-the-charts entertainment you'll want to watch over and over again.

EPISODES
1. My Own Worst Enemy
2. My Hard Labor
3. My Inconvenient Truth
4. My Identity Crisis
5. My Growing Pains
6. My Number One Doctor
7. My Bad Too
8. My Manhood
9. My Dumb Luck
10. My Waste Of Time
11. My Princess

Stars:
Zach Braff as Dr. John "J.D." Dorian
Sarah Chalke as Dr. Elliot Reid
Donald Faison as Dr. Chris Turk
Neil Flynn as Janitor
Ken Jenkins as Dr. Bob Kelso
John C. McGinley as Dr. Perry Cox
Judy Reyes as Nurse Carla Espinosa

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Interviews
  • Outtakes/Bloopers

My Thoughts:
This morning I watched all eleven episodes of this season of Scrubs. Unfortunately this is a very short season. But it is from 2007... which was the year of the writer's strike. So I guess that is pretty understandable. While the series may not be as good as it was in the first few seasons... I still enjoy it very much. Still never fails to give me a chuckle or two.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: July 14, 2011, 02:24:58 AM »
     House M.D.: Season Five: Disc 4 (2009/United States)

The Softer Side
When the team discovers that a teenage boy has both male and female DNA, they and the boy's parents must decide whether to tell him that his gender was chosen at birth.

The Social Contract
House deals with a patient who has suddenly become his equal in brutal honesty while trying to figure out why both Wilson and Taub are being evasive at work.

Here Kitty
A nursing home worker becomes paranoid that she's going to die soon when the facility's feline – who has an eerie attraction to the soon-to-be-deceased – takes a sudden liking to her.

Locked In
House finds himself playing physician from the patient's position when a motorcycle accident lands him in a hospital bed next to a severely injured man who is "locked" in his own body.

Simple Explanation
The doctors are forced to make a difficult and emotionally brutal decision when a suddenly ill wife insists her long deteriorating husband get her heart if she should pass away first.

Stars:

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary

My Thoughts:
Continuing my obsession with this how. The episodes on this disc really stepped it up a bit. Especially the last episodes where they hit us with something big we... well at least I didn't see coming. There was only one guest star in these episodes that I am familiar with. In the episode Locked In we have John Kapelos who played Detective Schanke on Forever Knight. And because of what I said earlier... my favorite episode on this disc has to be Simple Explanation. When a show surprises me anymore... it leaves a lasting impression.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: July 15, 2011, 02:47:08 AM »
     House M.D.: Season Five: Disc 5 (2009/United States)

Saviors
Cameron is emphatic that an environmental radical who collapsed at a protest with unexplainable symptoms be admitted, so House forces her to take the lead on the case.

House Divided
A deaf 14-year-old begins "hearing" explosions while competing in a wrestling match, but House and the team must deal with his mother's decision to forego choclear implants.

Under My Skin
House carefully choreographs a series of tests for a ballerina with a collapsed lung when a treatment causes her skin to come off.

Both Sides Now
It's mind over matter when House and the staff use some extremely unusual methods to test a man whose left and right sides of the brain are battling for dominance.

Stars:

Extras:
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:
This last disc of the set... and unfortunately the last disc I have in my collection for now... is excellent. I loved every episode on this disc! There is a couple guest stars in episodes on this disc that I am familiar with. The first being Clare Carey who played Sarah Parker on the short lived series Point Pleasant. Then in another episode there was Carl Reiner who of course played Alan Brady on The Dick Van Dyke Show. As for my favorite episode on this disc... I would have to go with the season finale... Both Sides Now... it is a very entertaining episode that kept you guessing through-out... and definitely left me with wanting to see more! I so need to try to get season 6 when I can place an order again!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: July 15, 2011, 03:04:23 AM »
     Blade: The Series: The Complete Series: Disc 1 (2006/United States)

EPISODES 1 & 2
Season Premiere – Original Airdate: June 28, 2006
Pilot, Part 1

Immortal warrior Blade continues his fight against a shadowy underworld of vampires who are threatening total domination of mankind. Blade's latest pursuits takes the half-vampire to his hometown of Detroit where he meets Krista, a recently dispatched U.S. military combat medic who is investigating her brother's suspicious murder.

Pilot, Part 2
As Krista is pulled into the underworld, she teams up with Blade and his partner Shen to infiltrate the vampires from the inside. However, Blade has to keep strict tabs on Krista, who could easily succomb to the dark forces of the underworld she now inhabits.

Stars:
Kirk 'Sticky' Jones as Blade
Jill Wagner as Krista Starr
Nelson Lee as Shen
Jessica Gower as Chase
Neil Jackson as Marcus Van Sciver
Bill Mondy as Det. Brian Boone
David Palffy as Fritz

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is my first taste of Blade: The Series. The first thing I will say is I don't know why the packaging wrote up the pilot plots as 2 separate episodes... as it actually plays out like a single movie-length episode. But that is really of no matter... I was just expecting two separate episodes going by the packaging. I got to say it is a great start to the series... I loved every minute of it. Which means knowing it only lasted one short season has me disappointed. The only thing that I did have a bit of a problem with is the person they have playing Blade. No I didn't dislike him.... more like I haven't decided how I feel about him yet. It could just be that I am so used to Wesley Snipes in the role... but it seemed odd to me seeing someone else in the role. Though I am sure I will probably get used to him. Anyway... at this point I really can't wait to watch more of this series! I have a feeling I may just fly through this set!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: July 16, 2011, 03:50:14 AM »
     Weeds: Season One: Disc 1 (2005/United States)

1. You Can't Miss the Bear
Housewife Nancy Botwin struggles to deal with the sudden death of her husband, while her best friend and neighbor Celia learns a devastating secret when she tries to catch her daughter in the act with Nancy's son.

2. Free Goat
Nancy's pot-selling business means she has to pay her bills in cash, so Doug suggests she create a legitimate business as a money-laundering "cover" for her dealing; Celia confronts her husband's mistress.

3. Good Shit Lollipop
Nancy gets creative and starts baking delicious treats with her special secret ingredient in order to compete with legal medical marijuana products, giving birth to a new business idea.

4. Fashion of the Christ
Nancy's errant brother-in-law Andy suddenly appears for a visit and threatens to become a permanent resident when he learns about her illegal business, even as she and Doug find a space for her legitimate one, a new bakery.

5. Lude Awakening
Andy's lame brained attempt to horn in on Nancy's business results in his immediate arrest, while Celia visits a faith healer to treat her breast cancer, and uncharacteristically bonds with her daughter and Shane.

6. Dead in the Nethers
Nancy gets pot preservation tips from Conrad, who makes love with Celia, while Andy makes love with his support-group sponsor and Silas makes love with Megan; Shane creates an Iraqi hostage video.

Stars:
Mary-Louise Parker as Nancy Botwin
Elizabeth Perkins as Celia Hodes
Tonye Patano as Heylia James
Romany Malco as Conrad Shepard
Hunter Parrish as Silas Botwin
Alexander Gould as Shane Botwin
Kevin Nealon as Doug Wilson

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is a show I never seen before.... but heard a lot of great things about. Maybe I was expecting too much... but as I watched the first couple episodes I really wasn't all that impressed. Not that it was bad... but just felt kinda average... maybe even slightly below average. But as I continued on through the disc the show started to grow on me. Before I knew it I was starting to really enjoy it. So in my eyes this show is a bit of a slow starter... but sticking with it as it seems to have the potential to be a very good series. I have the first four seasons in my collection that was given to me... so I have plenty to give it a chance to see if I want to continue the series or not. At this point if it continues the way it is going I will be.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: July 16, 2011, 07:17:52 PM »
     Blade: The Series: The Complete Series: Disc 2 (2006/United States)

EPISODE 3:
"Death Goes On" – Original Air Date: July 5, 2006

When Marcus keeps Krista from leaving the House of Chthon, she is forced to make her way without the help of Blade or Shen. With Krista unavailable to him, Blade seeks proof of Marcus' vaccine through Reverend Carlyle, a link to the "asher" community. Marcus explains the rules of the house to Krista.

EPISODE 4:
"Descent" – Original Air Date: July 12, 2006

Blade pursues a contact in the House of Armaya who has information on Marcus' experiments, while Krista accompanies Chase to an AA meeting for an unexpected meal. Krista tells Blade about the vaccine called Aurora and agrees to procure a sample. FBI agent Ray Collins' investigation of Trooper Hirsch's murder leads him to Boone, a cop turned vampire.

EPISODE 5:
"Bloodlines" – Original Air Date: July 19, 2006

Reverend Carlyle sets Blade up to be captured by the Bad Bloods, sidenfranchised vampires Blade first turned and who were once his childhood friends. Chase takes Krista to the house of Leichen for a blood ritual that will help him track Boone, the former detective she turned.

Stars:
Nelson Lee as Shen
Jessica Gower as Chase
Andrew McIlroy as Dr. Vonner

Extras:
  • DVD-ROM Content

My Thoughts:
I just finished the second disc of the set. I am already getting used to seeing someone else as Blade. I still prefer Wesley Snipes in the role... but this guy is doing good in the role as well. I am really getting hooked on the story... enjoying every second of it. while watching these episodes I was surprised to clearly see some nudity in each of the episodes... something you just don't see on basic cable in the US. That is when I noticed the box says Unrated and Never-Before-Seen footage Too Graphic for TV. This is the first time I ever seen this. They must have originally done this series with an Unrated version of the DVDs in mind from the very beginning. My favorite episode on this disc has to be Bloodlines where you hear a bit more about Blade's past... from before Whistler finding him... telling us where his tattoos came from.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: July 16, 2011, 11:59:59 PM »
     Weeds: Season One: Disc 2 (2005/United States)

7. Higher Education
Nancy takes a risk by recruiting Silas's tutor to sell pot for her on his college campus; Celia's breast cancer surgery gives her a new outlook on life.

8. The Punishment Light
Nancy turns down the advances of a handsome single dad but has a brief encounter with a competing pot dealer instead, while Andy and Doug get into Nancy's stash and tear her house apart in pursuit of a rat.

9. The Punishment Lighter
Nancy gets "busted" selling pot on the community college campus, but is protected by an anonymous source; Silas and Shane continue to have problems dealing with the death of their father; Celia reverts to her old self.

10. The Godmother
Nancy goes into business with Conrad, circumventing Heylia, who has become a grandmother; Silas gets high on ecstasy and faces the consequences; Nancy's relationship with Peter gets more complicated.

Stars:
Justin Kirk as Andy Botwin

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Featurettes
  • Music Videos
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This disc completes the first season. I can't remember if I mentioned this when I reviewed the first disc... but one thing I absolutely can't stand about this show is the opening credits. I so hope they see the error of their way and change the opening before too long! Preferably for season 2! As for the show itself... I am finding it entertaining. I would say it is a good show. Though it isn't what I would call a favorite. I did like the deaf girl who was her son's girlfriend. But while she is still talked about she isn't seen on screen much... especially within the last few episodes. So I imagine they are dropping her.... or will be before too long. There wasn't any guest stars on this disc that I recognized. As for my favorite episode on this disc... I guess I would have to go with the season finale.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: July 17, 2011, 10:58:04 PM »
     Blade: The Series: The Complete Series: Disc 3 (2006/United States)

EPISODE 6
"The Evil Within"
Original Air Date: July 26, 2006

Boone continues his killing rampage and pays a visit to Damek at the House of Armaya. Marcus sends Chase to Berlin to track down a pregnant and important research subject. Blade intercepts the pregnant patient Vanessa to learn what she might have to do with Chthon's experiments.

EPISODE 7
"Deliverance"
Original Air Date: August 2, 2006

Krista runs into Uncle Pat at a gala with Marcus and learns her mother is ill. With Chase injured, Marcus sends Krista to get research subject Vanessa back from Blade.

EPISODE 8
"Sacrifice"
Original Air Date: August 9, 2006

Blade pursues the murderer of Flannigan, a cop who helped care for him growing up. In a flashback we see how young Blade ended up in the hands of Whistler when his father could no longer control his need to feed. Krista tries to deal with her mother's critical condition.

EPISODE 9
"Turn of the Screw"
Original Air Date: August 16, 2006

Chase meets up with old flame Alex, a wealthy pureblood who encourages her to leave Marcus. Blade and Krista try to track down Krista's mother who is now on the loose. Detective Collins investigates Boone and gets a meeting with Marcus.

Stars:
Nelson Lee as Shen
Jessica Gower as Chase
Emily Hirst as Charlotte

Extras:
  • DVD-ROM Content

My Thoughts:
I am still enjoying this series a lot! I am still not seeing any guest stars I am familiar with. But I am liking how they made this set an Unrated version. And in the case of this show... that is not in name only. knowing this show was on basic cable... I can see quite a bit added to most of these episodes making it worth the Unrated tag. My favorite episode on this disc is Sacrifice... I really enjoyed the story... it showing Blade as a kid... when the thirst was really starting to hit him and his father not being able to handle it as good as he hoped. It also gives us a peek at a rather young Whistler.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: July 18, 2011, 05:31:24 PM »
     Veronica Mars: The Complete First Season: Disc One (2004/United States)

Episode 1: Pilot
Murder casts a long shadow. As Veronica and her father try to establish a new life in Neptune, the supposedly solved Lilly Kane murder case keeps pulling them back to the past.

Episode 2: Credit Where Credit's Due
Slap the cuffs on Grandma. Weevil's grandmother is accused in a credit card scam. Veronica clashes with Logan's spoiled-rotten girlfriend and meets a great guy who belongs to the in crowd.

Episode 3: Meet John Smith
How many John Smiths are there in the world? Veronica tries to track down a classmate's long-lost father, an undertaking that brings her a step closer to finding her own vanished mother.

Episode 4: The Wrath of Con
Veronica turns cybersleuth when Wallace's wish-she-were-my-girlfriend loses cash in an internet fraud run by game geeks. Troy asks Veronica to homecoming, which stirs memories of last year's dance.

Stars:
Kristen Bell as Veronica Mars
Percy Daggs III as Wallace Fennel
Teddy Dunn as Duncan Kane
Jason Dohring as Logan Echolls
Francis Capra as Eli "Weevil" Navarro
Enrico Colantoni as Keith Mars
Michael Muhney as Sheriff Don Lamb

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Closed Captioned
  • Extended Version of the Pilot Episode

My Thoughts:
Lately I have had the urge to watching this show again. And with today (July 18) being Kristen Bell's birthday... I figured what better time. And that I may as well go with the beginning of the series. I still love this show as much as I did when it originally aired. If you never seen this show before... I highly recommend it!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: July 19, 2011, 12:07:48 AM »
     Werewolf: The Complete Series: Disc 1 (1987/United States)

1. Pilot
Eric is attacked by his best friend, who was a werewolf. Now afflicted with the curse, Eric must find the first of the bloodline to rid himself of his new alter ego while avoiding the bounty hunter sent after him.

2. Nightwatch
While searching for Skorzeny at the shipyard, a couple of seamen want to cash in on the bounty for Eric's capture.

3. The Boy Who Cried Werewolf
Injured by Rogan, Eric seeks shelter in a kid's tree house not knowing the mother's boyfriend loves to force his ways physically upon others.

4. The Black Ship
Eric is captured by one of Skorzeny's old friends and must find a way to escape before Skorzeny comes for him.

Stars:
John J. York as Eric Cord
Lance LeGault as Alamo Joe Rogan
Chuck Connors as Captain Janos Skorzeny
Raphael Sbarge as Ted Nichols
Michelle Johnson as Kelly Nichols
Ethan Phillips as Eddie Armonni
Robert Krantz as Rudy

Extras:
  • Scene Access

My Thoughts:
I am enjoying finally getting to watch this series again... I can't say it is as good as I remember it being... but it is more then worth watching. It does seem a little strange that with this type of show the episodes were only half hour. About 23 minutes each without the commercials. At least the pilot is movie length... giving plenty of time to set up the storyline. My favorite episode on this disc has to be The Boy Who Cried Werewolf. The kid in that episode... obsessed with anything monsters related... reminds me so much of me at that age!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: July 19, 2011, 02:46:00 PM »
     Weeds: Season Two: Disc One (2006/United States)

1. Corn Snake
Nancy discovers that her new beau is a DEA agent, Celia decides to run for city council - against Doug, and Andy applies to rabbinical school and faces a tough admissions officer.

2. Cooking with Jesus
After breaking up with the DEA agent, Nancy attends a "small-business expo" devoted to growing pot; Conrad canvasses partners in an attempt to come up with seed money for his own marijuana enterprise. Also, Megan gets accepted into Princeton, and Silas feels like he may be getting left behind.

3. Last Tango in Agrestic
Still reeling from Peter's revelation, Nancy comes home to face an even greater problem: her youngest son has officially hit puberty. Celia enrolls Isabelle in boot camp. Heylia has eyes for a Nation of Islam member, Joseph Mohammed.

4. A.K.A. The Plant
With her newly acquired power, Nancy is finally ready to grow her business. Much to Celia's dismay, Isabel is recruited to model for a plus-sized children's clothing line. Silas and Megan deal with the consequences of their "sex-capade." Andy takes a despondent Shane to a massage parlor for a…happy ending.

5. Mrs. Botwin's Neighborhood
Nancy must deal with Silas and Megan's pregnancy, as well as the surrounding Armenian mob's encroaching presence on the grow house. Isabel auditions for "Huskeroo," while Celia prepares for her election debate and tries in vain to get Nancy involved. Heylia prepares for her first date with Joseph. Peter gives Nancy the perfect wedding gift.

6. Crush Girl Love Panic
Nancy and Conrad fear their Grow House has been raided by the DEA, but all remains mysteriously untouched among the surrounding rubble. Stage mom Celia's antics get her kicked off the set of Isabel's "Huskaroo" commercial.

Stars:

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
After watching the first half of season 2... my feelings on the show pretty much remain the same. I am enjoying it... it is a good show... but not one I would call a favorite. At this point they still have that aggravating opening credits. Hopefully it will be changed eventually. This isn't really a laugh out loud type of comedy... but the some of the episodes did give me a chuckle or two.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: July 19, 2011, 05:28:59 PM »
     Unaired Pilots (1996/United States)

1. Global Frequency
When ex-cop Sean Flynn takes a phone off a dead body he is drawn into the Global Frequency, a secret international group of spies, experts and ordinary individuals that save us from threats no one else understands. Along with Dr. Katrina Finch and other GF operatives, he must race to stop a human bomb from destroying San Francisco.

2. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
The non-broadcast pilot episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer was produced by 20th Century Fox in 1996 to pitch a series to networks. The thirty-minute production was written and directed by Buffy creator Joss Whedon, and was expanded upon and re-shot for the first episode of the series.

3. Charmed
This 30 minute long version of the show's pilot was used to present the show to the networks. After being picked up by The WB and the recasting of Phoebe's part, additional scene's were written and shot.

4. The Big Bang Theory
The Unaired Pilot refers to the original pilot that was not picked up by the network thus it was never aired. Only Johnny Galecki and Jim Parsons were in the cast, and the female lead, Katie, was envisioned as "a street-hardened, tough-as-nails woman with a vulnerable interior". Katie was played by actress Amanda Walsh . They also had a female friend called Gilda (played by Iris Bahr ).

5. The Robinsons
This an unaired pilot for a new version of the classic TV series, Lost In Space. Directed By John Woo with a budget of $2 million, it was one of the WB's most anticipated pilots. Like the original it starts with the Robinson family leaving for a five year poineering mission. But as departure time nears unexpected events arise and the family is threatened.

Stars:
Global Frequency
Michelle Forbes as Miranda Zero
Aimee Garcia as Aleph
Josh Hopkins as Sean Flynn
Jenni Baird as Dr. Katrina Finch
Brian Jensen as Richard Jenkins
Bill Dow as Oscar Cergeyev
Heidi Iro as Nadia Kretchin
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers
Nicholas Brendon as Xander Harris
Riff Regan as Willow
Charisma Carpenter as Cordelia Chase
Anthony Head as Rupert Giles
Julie Benz as Darla
Stephen Tobolowsky as Principal Flutie
Mercedes McNab as Harmony Kendall
Charmed
Shannen Doherty as Prue Halliwell
Holly Marie Combs as Piper Halliwell
Lori Rom as Phoebe Halliwell
Chris Boyd as Inspector Andy Trudeau
Eric Scott Woods as Jeremy Burns
Matthew Ashford as Roger
Chris Flanders as Chef Moore
Lonnie Partridge as Woman
The Big Bang Theory
Johnny Galecki as Leonard
Jim Parsons as Sheldon
Amanda Walsh as Katie
Iris Bahr as Gilda
The Robinsons
Jayne Brook as Maureen Robinson
Mike Erwin as Don West
Brad Johnson as Ryan Malgarini
Gil McKinney as David Robinson
Adrianne Palicki as Judy Robinson

Extras:
  • Scene Access

My Thoughts:
I recently got my greedy little hands on a group of unaired pilots. Some of which went on to be rather popular shows... others which never made it on air at all. So I slapped these episodes onto a DVD and watched them this morning.

Global Frequency
This show has an interesting premise. I enjoyed this episode quite a bit. It is a shame the studios didn't pick this one up... it really looked like it had some potential. Sure it could have used a little polishing... but unfortunately it wasn't even given a chance.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
This one they basically show a shortened and slightly different version of the aired pilot episode. I just did not care for the actress playing Willow here. Alyson Hannigan is much better. Other then that... a fun way to waste half ah hour.

Charmed
Another one that we see a shortened version of the pilot. This time they change 2 of the cast members. They have Lori Rom as Phoebe and Chris Boyd as Andy. Chris Boyd was fine in the role... I would have accepted him just fine. Lori Rom was ok... and I would have been ok with her... but she is no Alyssa Milano.

The Big Bang Theory
This is the first one I watched on the disc... as I love the show so much I had to see what it was like. There was many big differences between this original version compared to what we ended up with...

1. No Howard , Rajesh and Penny
I didn't mind the absence of Howard and Rajesh... but I definitely missed Penny. I liked her so much better then Kate.

2. Sheldon is not asexual and has a fetish for women with big butts.
This was definitely funny... but I think over all they made the correct change to his character.

3. Sheldon doesn't have a spot in his home rather a table at the Boombay Palace.
Him explaining his logic of table picks to Katie was ok... gave me a little chuckle... but it is much funnier with it being a place to sit in his apartment.

With all this said I really enjoyed watching this unaired pilot... but I think they made all right choices on what to change to get it on the air. The actual show is of course even better then what we see here.

The Robinsons
I used to enjoy the old series Lost in Space... though I wouldn't say it was a favorite. Watching this attempt at a remake... I felt was enjoyable enough to continue watching at least for a while... but based on this episode alone I wouldn't have been surprised if it didn't last long at all.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: July 20, 2011, 01:06:53 AM »
     Weeds: Season Two: Disc Two (2006/United States)

7. Must Find Toes
Nancy deals with Shane's puppy love and Silas's failing grades, while Andy recovers from a freak accident at the grow house. Dean's mistake seals Celia's victory over Doug in the City Council election.

8. MILF Money
It's Harvest Time. Nancy and Conrad make their first sale — to SNOOP DOGG and everything looks good, until Peter lets Nancy know that the DEA has got to make a bust. Heylia learns of Conrad's betrayal.

9. Bash
Nancy faces pressure from Peter to get out of the business. After heckling Celia at her first city council meeting, Doug calls a truce. Silas and Shane celebrate their dad's birthday.

10. Mile Deep and a Foot Wide
With the DEA coming down hard on Heylia, she pressures Nancy to right some wrongs; Nancy and Conrad try to put Peter off the trail; Celia and Doug's affair heats up; Andy's loopy ex arrives unannounced from Alaska.

11. Yeah. Like Tomatoes
Peter makes some serious demands involving his and Nancy's marriage and the pot profits; Heylia heads for prison, but not before making a deal with the Armenian pusher; Celia tells Dean she's leaving him for Doug; Andy's ex refuses to leave.

12. Pittsburgh
Nancy and Conrad hope to finalize their monumental pot deal and Shane delivers a memorable graduation speech. Celia thinks she knows who's been vandalizing her drug-free zones; Conrad seeks Heylia's help with the DEA-agent Peter situation.

Stars:

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Featurettes
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
The second half of this season the show really picked up for me quite a bit. I am getting more invested in the storyline. I got a kick out of the character Zooey Deschanel played in the last few episodes. The way this season ended I can't wait to see what happens next. So once I am done with this post I will be starting season 3. There seems like there is some pretty big changes getting ready to be made here.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: July 20, 2011, 07:44:57 PM »
     Weeds: Season Three: Disc 1 (2007/United States)

1. Doing the Backstroke
Celia gets Silas to make a confesion and he gets arrested. Nancy goes in search of both of her sons while trying not to get shot by either U-Turn or the Armenians. Dean and Doug have a talk about their marriages. Andy gets punched in the face.

2. A Pool and His Money
Celia gets kicked out of her home by Dean and Isabelle, Nancy needs to make new deals with Heylia and U-Turn, and Andy gets into unexpected trouble while tracking down Shane.

3. The Brick Dance
Conrad and Heylia find a new grow house. Celia attempts to bond with Isabel, while U-Turn forces Nancy to run a dangerous errand.

4. Sh*t Highway
Nancy tries to get a job, while Silas is busy doing the community servece. Meanwhile, Andy gets a chance to get out of the army and Doug is back to the city council.

5. Bill Sussman
Nancy becomes embroiled in more of U-Turn's nefarious gangster work; AWOL Andy turns up in disguise; and Doug and Celia both work deals with Sullivan. Also, Shane finds religion at Majestic summer school and Silas displays a good deal of talent for the family business.

Stars:
Andy Milder as Dean Hodes

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Music Videos
  • Outtakes/Bloopers

My Thoughts:
After such a good second half of season two I am surprised to say that this first disc of season 3 didn't impress me all that much. It actually went downhill a little for me. I think the main reason for this is that I really don't like the U-Turn character and main storyline of this season.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete