Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 250621 times)

Rogmeister

Re: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched
« Reply #825 on: July 03, 2011, 01:02:00 AM »
No, none of these ever air on Gsn which is too bad.  I would like to see rarer shows for variety instead of giving us 4 sidings a day of Family Feud.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: July 03, 2011, 01:33:03 AM »
     CSI: NY: The Complete Second Season: Disc 1 (2005/United States)

1. "Summer in the City"
Stella and Danny investigate when a jewellery designer is found dead, wearing the eight million dollar bra he created, and investigate the model he had shot and her bodyguard. Aiden begins to take the rape case she has been working on a little too personally, and is determined to stop the man before he can rape again. Hawkes gets to go into the field for the first time as he assists Mac in investigating the death of a man who liked to climb skyscrapers.

2. "Grand Murder at Central Station"
Stella and Danny are heading into the world of cuddle parties: non-sexual events were adults learn to touch and hug each other. Meanwhile, Mac, Hawkes, and Flack investigate the death of a hated plastic surgeon found covered with lye with thousands of eyewitnesses during rush hour at Grand Central Station. While Mac and Stella assist Aiden in a rape case, after she breaks an evidence seal, Mac must come to terms with Aiden's action and work up the nerve to fire her.

3. "Zoo York"
Mac and Danny look into the mysterious death of a man torn apart by tigers at the Bronx Zoo, which leads them to both the dead man's meat packing plant as well as his mafia relatives. Hawkes and Stella are left with the case of a beautiful young debutante found dead on the carousel only hours before her coming out.

4. "Corporate Warriors"
Mac Taylor and his team investigate a double murder at an oil company. Dr. Hawkes and Det. Flack team up to investigate a case about a teenager who loved to spend his time behind the computer a little too much.

Stars:
Gary Sinise as Mac Taylor
Melina Kanakaredes as Stella Bonasera
Carmine Giovinazzo as Danny Messer
Vanessa Ferlito as Aiden Burn
Hill Harper as Dr. Sheldon Hawkes

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I wanted to get a look at season 2 what with one character leaving and a couple more joining. I hated losing one of my favorite characters from season 1... but the additions made for a stronger series. So over all... at least so far... I am happy with the change. Only one episode had a guest star in it that I recognized. The last episode on the disc has Lori Petty in it. She was one of the main cast members on the TV Series Booker... the spin off series from 21 Jump Street. As for my favorite episode on this disc... would have to be Zoo York. It has a really good story... and a body mangled by a tiger. What more can you ask for?

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: July 04, 2011, 02:36:31 PM »
     Missing Persons: The Complete Series: Disc One (1993/United States)

1. Pilot (Part 1)
As we meet the characters, Johnny investigates a case of a little Polish girl snatched on a subway train, Carlos tries to find a 14 year old victim of sexual abuse, Bobby searches for a missing law student, and Connie gets frustrated because she isn't given any cases.

2. Pilot (Part 2)
As we meet the characters, Johnny investigates a case of a little Polish girl snatched on a subway train, Carlos tries to find a 14 year old victim of sexual abuse, Bobby searches for a missing law student, and Connie gets frustrated because she isn't given any cases.

3. Cabe... What Kind of Name is That?
Carlos brings in photos of his newborn son. Bobby searches for the missing son of a Filipino lady, meanwhile a little boy is found who hasn't been reported missing.

4. People Don't Talk to Cops People Lie to Cops
Bobby seeks a missing boy's birth mother and is taken captive; a teacher's argument with her jealous husband sets off a chain of events.

5. I Can't Even Imagine
Connie learns a poignant secret while searching for a woman who lost her boyfriend.

6. That's My Sister, Pal
Sandowski jumps to conclusions about Connie's personal crisis; Ray investigates his former boss's frequent disappearances.

Stars:
Daniel J. Travanti as Lt. Ray McAuliffe
Erik King as Bobby Davison
Juan Ramirez as Carlos Marrone
Fred Weller as Sandowski
Jorja Fox as Connie Karadzic

Extras:
  • None

My Thoughts:
This is a TV Series that I never heard of before getting the Prime Time Crime boxset. Jorja Fox plays my favorite character on CSI... so I was glad to see she was a regular on this short lived series (which every episode is in this set). But I must say... I prefer her hair in CSI much better then in this show... in this one her hair is so puffed up and huge it really don't look right. There was no guest stars I recognized in the episodes on this disc. But I did find I definitely enjoyed this show. It is a shame that the series only lasted 1 season (18 episodes). As for my favorite episode on this disc... it would have to be That's My Sister, Pal where a medical scare gives us a look into Connie's (Jorja Fox) personal life.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: July 04, 2011, 08:26:43 PM »
     CSI: NY: The Complete Second Season: Disc 2 (2005/United States)

5. "Dancing with the Fishes"
Mac, Stella and Flack investigate the death of a young dancer who recently won the lottery, and it isn't long before they realise that her death is connected to Lindsay's investigation concerning the death of a tram driver. Danny and Hawkes look into the murder of a local fish merchant, and soon find their way to a jealous friend who was angry that their child didn't get into a prestigious school.

6. "Youngblood"
When a man is found murdered in an elevator, Mac, Flack, Danny and Lindsay investigate a world where very young girls enjoy sexual encounters with much older men. They're left trying to determine whether their best lead is a suspect, a witness ... or the intended victim. Stella and Hawkes investigate the death of a young man found in Central Park who died from an extreme allergic reaction and learn that he had been pretending to be someone that he wasn't.

7. "Manhattan Manhunt"
Horatio Caine follows Henry Darius to New York so that he can keep his promise to a young boy in Miami, but by the time he and Mac are able to locate Darius he has disappeared again, leaving behind six more bodies. A link to the younger sister of one of the victims who was also Darius' hostage turns out to be a dead end, but Mac and Horatio soon find the connection between Darius and his hostage, leading them to a psychiatrist who had treated both.

8. "Bad Beat"
Mac and Stella investigate a murder of a host of a high stakes poker game after a player was caught cheating and kicked out of the game. While Danny and Hawkes follow the clues that'll lead them to solve the death of a weather girl.

Stars:
Gary Sinise as Mac Taylor
Melina Kanakaredes as Stella Bonasera
Carmine Giovinazzo as Danny Messer
Anna Belknap as Lindsay Monroe
Hill Harper as Dr. Sheldon Hawkes
Eddie Cahill as Don Flack
Robert Joy as Dr. Sid Hammerback

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Featurettes
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Some reasons the episodes on this disc didn't keep my interest as much as the previous episodes. Still worth watching mind you.. just not quite as good. There was only one guest star that I recognized in any of these episodes... which was David Caruso (who I could have done without seeing). There was a storyline that started in CSI: Miami and finished up on CSI: NY. As for my favorite episode on this disc... I guess I would have to go with Dancing with the Fishes... as that is the story that kept my interest the best.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: July 08, 2011, 04:21:03 PM »
     House M.D.: Season Four: Disc One (2007/United States)

"Alone"
An office building collapses ona woman, and House must diagnose her without the help of a team.

"The Right Stuff"
House interviews potential new staff members and treats an astronaut with a disorder that causes her to convert visual images to sound.

"97 Seconds"
The final ten fellowship candidates are divided into two teams and ruthlessly compete on a case involving a wheelchair-bound man with muscular atrophy.

"Guardian Angels"
The number of contenders is now down to seven, and they work with a patient who believes she can talk to the dead.

"Mirror, Mirror"
House's candidates learn about themselves as they attempt to diagnose a patient with an unknown identity who mirrors the behavior of the people around him.

Stars:
Hugh Laurie as Dr. Gregory House
Lisa Edelstein as Dr. Lisa Cuddy
Omar Epps as Dr. Eric Foreman
Robert Sean Leonard as Dr. James Wilson
Jennifer Morrison as Dr. Allison Cameron
Jesse Spencer as Dr. Robert Chase
Conor Dubin as Ben

Extras:
  • Bonus Trailers

My Thoughts:
As much fun as I had with the first three seasons... I just couldn't wait to dive into season 4. Though I will admit I was a bit concerned with how the 3rd season ended... with House losing his entire team. But I must say... I like how they handled it. And I am also glad to see his old team is still there on the show in some form. Which made it easier to accept the new characters. There wasn't any guest stars in the episodes on this disc that I am really familiar with. And as for a favorite episode. I really thought all these episodes were excellent... but I guess I would pick 97 Seconds.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: July 09, 2011, 11:30:21 PM »
     House M.D.: Season Four: Disc Two (2007/United States)

"Whatever It Takes"
The CIA recruits House to treat a deathly ill agent with a mysterious illness, and the fellowship contenders clash with Foreman over a case involving a stock car driver.

"Ugly"
A teenager with a facial deformity suffers a heart attack just before undergoing a reconstructive procedure, and House and his team are called in to determine the cause.

"You Don't Want to Know"
The final five candidates work to help a magician, but is his illness just smoke and mirrors?

"Games"
When House is ordered to make a final decision on his team, he gives the remaining candidates a demanding case of a punk rock star with a history of civil disobedience.

"It's a Wonderful Lie"
A mother experiences rapid paralysis that has tragic consequences for her daughter, but House begins to wonder if his patient is withholding information that could lead to a cure.

Stars:
Anne Dudek as Dr. Amber Volakis

Extras:
  • None

My Thoughts:
As you probably guessed... I'm really getting back into House with this set. I just can't stop watching it!  And this was another disc filled with excellent episodes! As for the guest stars in these episodes... in the first episode there is Tom Wilson who I know from Back to the Future as well as many episodes of Ghost Whisperer. And then in the episode Games there was Jeremy Renner who starred in the short lived TV Series The Unusuals.

Once again it is very hard for me to pick a favorite episode. I mean I really loved every episode on this disc. But if I must force myself to pick one I would have to go with It's a Wonderful Lie... the Christmas episode. It has an excellent storyline. And I must admit I got a kick out of how House handled Christmas with his new team.

I normally like to switch around on my shows once I complete a disc. But I am enjoying this series too much! I must go ahead and watch the next disc in this set!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

KinkyCyborg

« Reply #831 on: July 10, 2011, 01:30:32 AM »
The wife and I recently finished Season 4 and are 3 episodes into season 5 now. They really raised the bar in Season 4 after the series started to go a little stale by the end of season 3. I don't know if you have finished watching it but there is a climactic 2-parter episode to end the season that was phenomenal and somewhat changes the landscape going into season 5.

Enjoy Pete!!  :thumbup:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: July 10, 2011, 02:46:19 AM »
I am almost done with disc 3 of season 4... so I haven't gotten to the season finale two part episode yet.

Season 4 has been my favorite season yet! It is a shame... it is also the shortest season of the series so far.,,, thanks to the 2007 writers strike.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: July 10, 2011, 01:06:14 PM »
     House M.D.: Season Four: Disc Three (2008/United States)

"Frozen"
Long-distance diagnoses are put to the test when House and his team help a doctor at the South Pole who has fallen gravely ill and must treat herself.

"Don't Ever Change"
When a newly converted Hasidic Jewish woman falls gravely ill at her own wedding, House digs into her former life in the fast lane for signs of foul play.

"No More Mr. Nice Guy"
House becomes highly suspicious of an emergency room patient with a sunny disposition, sure that the "niceness" is a symptom of something seriously wrong.

"Living the Dream"
Reality and fantasy collide when House is convinced that one of the actors on his favorite soap opera, "Prescription Passion," has come down with a grave illness.

Stars:
Peter Jacobson as Dr. Chris Taub

Extras:
  • None

My Thoughts:
Another disc down... and this season continues to amaze me! This has surprisingly been my favorite season to so far. Oddly there was no guest stars that I recognized in any of the episodes on this disc. And I really don't know that I could pick a favorite episode on the disc either. They were all just excellent. But I guess I would say it would be a toss up between Frozen as I liked how they had no choice but to diagnose from a webcam connection... and the episode Living the Dream which I found entertaining even if they did go to an obvious storyline. I mean it has shown House watching that soap opera since season 1. You just knew they would eventually have to do a show where he has to treat one of the stars. It seems hard for me to believe... up to the fourth season and the series seems to be getting better. Usually by now series start to go downhill.

Now I am off to watch the 2 part season finale!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: July 10, 2011, 04:16:42 PM »
     House M.D.: Season Four: Disc Four (2008/United States)

"House's Head"
In the gripping first-part of the two-episode season finale, House survives a terrible bus accident and immediately pushes himself to remember anything vital from the moments before the crash.

"Wilson's Heart"
As House continues to search his memory in order to save another person from the bus accident, his friendship with Wilson is tested as more painful memories resurface.

Stars:

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Featurettes
  • Interviews

My Thoughts:
After watching this two part season finale all I can say is WOW! What a great.... powerful story.I was drawn in from the very first moment to the last. After completing this set I can now say... without any doubt... that this fourth season has been my favorite of the series so far. They changed a lot of things in this season.... and it is like it breathed new life into the show. Making it even better then it ever was.

Now I have to see if I can control myself and not rush straight into season five. I somehow doubt it. :P

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: July 11, 2011, 07:10:09 PM »
     House M.D.: Season Five: Disc 1 (2008/United States)

Dying Changes Everything
Amber's death causes Wilson to resign from Princeton Plainsboro and House to evaluate his role in her demise.

Not Cancer
Several people suddenly die five years after receiving transplants from a single organ donor, forcing House and his team to rush and save the two surviving recipients.

Adverse Events
A struggling portrait artist's undiagnosed illness distorts his perception, threatening both the professional and personal aspects of his life.

Birthmarks
Family histories affect House, who receives word that his father has died, and his patient, a young woman who collapses in China while searching for her birth parents.

Lucky Thirteen
The line between business and pleasure blurs for Thirteen when her one-night-stand has seizures and is rushed to Princeton Plainsboro.

Stars:

Extras:
  • Bonus Trailers

My Thoughts:
I couldn't wait to start the fifth season. Going by this first disc... it isn't quite as good as the 4th season. But still definitely very good. I enjoyed all the episodes... but must say that Lucky Thirteen is my favorite episodes on the disc. Has a really good story... and seeing "Thirteen" (Olivia Wilde) getting a bit physical with another woman didn't hurt much either! None of the guest stars (in any of these episodes) stuck out to me... no one I am familiar with this time around.

Thankfully this season hasn't hooked me quite as much as last season... so maybe I can make this set last me a little while at least. Unlike season 4 which I watched straight through none-stop.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: July 12, 2011, 12:17:19 AM »
     Mercy: The Complete Series: Disc One (2009/United States)

Can We Get That Drink Now?
Having just returned from a tour of duty in Iraq, Veronica resumes her nursing job at Mercy Hospital and tried to pick up the pieces of her marriage—even though the hospital's newest hire turns out to be an old flame.

I Believe You, Conrad
Mike and Veronica work on rebuilding both their relationship and their house, while Sonia enlists the help of an attractive cop to find the identity of an unconscious Jane Doe and Chloe asserts herself to help a patient that everyone else has abandoned.

Hope You're Good, Smiley Face
Change is in the air for Veronica, who realizes that her patient is not the only one who would benefit from therapy, and for Chloe, who comes to work with a new wardrobe and take-charge attitude.

Pulling the Goalie
As Veronica faces tough realities about her future with Mike and her past with Dr. Sands, unresolved issues from Iraq surface as she fights to get treatment for a fellow veteran.

Stars:
Taylor Schilling as Nurse Veronica Flanagan Callahan
Michelle Trachtenberg as Nurse Chloe Payne
Jaime Lee Kirchner as Nurse Sonia Jimenez
James Tupper as Dr. Chris Sands
Diego Klattenhoff as Mike Callahan
Guillermo Diaz as Nurse Angel Garcia
James Le Gros as Dr. Dan Harris

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Outtakes/Bloopers

My Thoughts:
This is a series I enjoyed on a couple years back on it's original run. This one isn't quite as good as the other medical drama I am currently watching (House, M.D.)... but I am enjoying watching this one again. One of the main nurses in this series is played by Michelle Trachtenberg (Dawn on Buffy the Vampire Slayer) which is my favorite character on the show. I didn't recognize any of the guest stars in any of the episodes on this disc. Not really sure about a favorite episode on this disc either.... but I did enjoy the last episode quite a bit. After watching all the episodes I watched the gag reel that is on this disc. That is normally one of my favorite extras on DVD releases... but this one is really pretty average.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #837 on: July 12, 2011, 07:59:20 AM »
I saw the first episode of this when it was originally on..and maybe the second.  I just couldn't get into the show.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: July 12, 2011, 05:29:29 PM »
     House M.D.: Season Five: Disc 2 (2008/United States)

Joy
Cuddy's decision to adopt a baby puts her in a difficult situation when the birth mother becomes seriously ill.

The Itch
When an agoraphobic man becomes mysteriously sick by refuses to leave his home for treatment, the team makes a House call.

Emancipation
A parentless, 16-year-old factory manager requires treatment when her lungs suddenly fill with fluid.

Last Resort
House, Thirteen and several patient are taken hostage by a man with an unexplained illness who says he's willing to kill for a diagnosis.

Let Them Eat Cake
When a well-known fitness trainer collapses, the hospital staff discovers a slimming secret that may be contributing to her condition.

Stars:

Extras:
  • None

My Thoughts:
Another disc full of good episodes. While this season still hasn't been as good as the previous season.... it is staying strong. There is a couple familiar faces in the episodes on this disc. First in Last Resort is Sarah Thompson who played Eve in the fifth season of Angel. Then in the episode Let Them Eat Cake we have Lori Petty who I know from the short lived series Booker as well as a handful of movies. As for my favorite episodes on the disc... I have to go with Last Resort. Not only a good storyline in it's own right... it advances the Cuddy/House side story nicely.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: July 12, 2011, 07:49:26 PM »
     Space Academy: The Complete Series: Disc 1 Side A (1977/United States)

1. The Survivors of Zalon
Looking for any life on a planet about to explode, the cadets find a young boy, Loki.

2. Castaways in Time and Space
While on a mission, Gampu and Laura go into a black hole and lose contact with the Academy. Thanks to the mind link he shares with Laura, Chris knows they are alive and attempts to help them get home.

3. Hide and Seek
Cadets mysteriously vanish from the Academy after a missle is used to destroy an incoming asteroid.

4. Countdown
An armed mine attaches itself to a shuttle while the cadets are cleaning up after a war.

Stars:
Jonathan Harris as Commander Gampu
Pamelyn Ferdin as Laura
Ric Carrott as Chris
Ty Henderson as Paul
Maggie Cooper as Adrian
Brian Tochi as Tee Gar
Eric Greene as Loki

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary

My Thoughts:
This is a series from my childhood. One I haven't seen since it was originally on... when I was only eight years old. These old series has always been a gamble for me. You never know what show will hold up and end up being a lot of  nostalgic fun... or what is totally unwatchable in your adult years. Thankfully this one is fun nostalgia. Sure it is on the silly side and the special effects are next to nothing... but you need to remember this was a '70s Saturday Morning kids show.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete