Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 250571 times)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: What I Been Watching...
« Reply #240 on: August 13, 2008, 06:35:37 AM »
Pete, are you coming down with something...?

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 13, 2008, 12:30:37 PM »
LOL.... I don't know... I just didn't know what I was in the mood for... then I fought what I found I was in the mood for because it hasn't been that long since I watched it the last time.

I do get that way sometimes though...just seems like I am not really in the mood for anything I actually have.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #242 on: August 13, 2008, 09:10:26 PM »
 :hysterical:

What I find amusing is that you've gone to the trouble of giving it an entry! Which means Jimmy will probably link it... :laugh:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #243 on: August 13, 2008, 09:17:24 PM »
Does anyone know... are these discs the syndicated versions? The episodes seemed just a little bit short.
Yes, Season 1 were the syndicated versions. But because of many customer complaints, beginning with season 2 the longer network versions were used instead.

There is a complete series set coming which will include the first season uncut. It's sad that fans who buy TV shows when they first come to DVD always get the short hand :(

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 13, 2008, 09:24:08 PM »
:hysterical:

What I find amusing is that you've gone to the trouble of giving it an entry! Which means Jimmy will probably link it... :laugh:

As far as I know Jimmy is only linking to the movie reviews. and I haven't seen him mention that was updated... recently at least. Of course I could have missed it.  :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 14, 2008, 02:04:16 PM »

NCIS: Season 1 (Discs 3-6)
N.C.I.S.: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON follows an elite team of special agents who operate outside the military chain of command. Led by Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs (Mark Harmon), a tough, highly skilled investigator who's willing to bend the rules to get the job done, this tight-knit crew travel the world investigating everything from murder and espionage to terrorism and kidnapping in this 6-disc set featuring all 23 pulse-pounding episodes from this unique and dynamic show that's "...taught, smart and wonderfully unpredictable."

My Thoughts:
OK.... I decided to just embrace the mood that I was in...  and finished off the complete first season box set. And let me tell you... I enjoyed every minute of it! Something about this show I really love.... and revisiting the early episodes of the series was a lot of fun for me. But I can now say... the mood has faded.  I am ready to move on to something else. Now all the sudden I am in the mood for some movies... so think I will have an extra long movie marathon this weekend.  :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 19, 2008, 11:03:59 PM »

24: Season 3 (Discs 1-6)
It's been three years since CTU agent Jack Bauer thwarted a terrorist attempt to plunge the United States into war. Now he's back in L.A. after working undercover for six months bringing down drug lord Ramon Salzaar. But then the FBI receives a phone call threatening the release of a deadly virus in Los Angeles if Salzaar isn't released from prison within six hours. As CTU races to locate the virus, Jack realizes that the only way to prevent additional terrorist demands is to find the source of the virus–by breaking Salzaar out of prison himself.

My Thoughts:
After recently watching Season 5 of 24... the season with the nerve gas... I had the urge to watch season 3 again. Season 3 is one of my favorite seasons. It is similar to season 5 as there is a deadly virus being used this time around. I felt this was a very strong season. I especially liked the hotel storyline involving Michelle. This season made Michelle one of my favorite characters of the entire series run so far. It showed how strong she really is. Anyway... I had a great time watching this season again over the past week.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 21, 2008, 01:30:25 PM »

Psych (Pilot)
When Shawn Spencer is arrested for calling in an accurate tip to the police because only the perpetrator would know the details, his only way out is pretending to be a psychic. It turns out Santa Barbara PD isn't done with him. They ask him to consult on a kidnapping case, and a business is born.

My Thoughts:
The pilot episode of Psych is a bonus feature on the 5th season set of Monk. I have heard of this series... but have never watched it. I always was curios about it... and was wanting to blind buy the set eventually. Now I was able to get a taste of the series without buying the season set. Well now I really want to get the season sets. I enjoyed every minute of it... seems to be a good companion piece for Monk. I liked the characters... and enjoyed the story. So I am now looking forward to adding this series to my collection.
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #248 on: August 21, 2008, 05:28:01 PM »
I liked the characters... and enjoyed the story. So I am now looking forward to adding this series to my collection.
I am glad you enjoyed it :)
I hope you did not get too attached to the female detective in the pilot. They replaced her in the series. But I like her replacement better, so no loss there  ;D

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 21, 2008, 06:00:58 PM »
LOL... thanks for the warning. I liked her... but is too early to say I got attached to her. I won't mind a replacement that early. :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 21, 2008, 09:58:47 PM »

Monk: Season 5 (Disc 1)
It's time to tidy up for another season with Primetime Emmy® Award and Golden Globe® winner Tony Shalhoub in all 16 Season Five episodes of 'Monk', television's most fresh and funny series. Gumshoe Adrian Monk would never actually have gum on his well-polished shoes: in addition to intelelect and instinct, he also has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Though his eccentric traits bewilder his colleagues Natalie Teeger (Traylor Howard), Captain Stottlemeyer (Ted Levine) and Lieutenant Disher (Jason Gray-Stanford), Monk's attention to detail keeps crime–and grime–off the streets. Included in this highly collectible 4-disc set are both the black & white and color versions of the noir-style episode "Mr. Monk and the Leper," obsessively good bonus features and the pilot episode of the hit comedy-drama 'Psych.' Follow the clues to Season Five of 'Monk', the quirky and original show 'TV Guide' hails as "alternatively hilarious and touching."

My Thoughts:
This is the season that I only caught a handful of episodes as they aired... so I am expecting many episodes I never seen before. That is why I was surprised to see there was only 1 episode on the first disc that I never seen before. This is a really fun series... a bit ridiculous yes... but definitely fun. Actually I believe the fact that it is ridiculous is what makes this one so fun.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 26, 2008, 02:48:01 AM »

Monk: Season 5 (Discs 2-4)
It's time to tidy up for another season with Primetime Emmy® Award and Golden Globe® winner Tony Shalhoub in all 16 Season Five episodes of 'Monk', television's most fresh and funny series. Gumshoe Adrian Monk would never actually have gum on his well-polished shoes: in addition to intelelect and instinct, he also has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Though his eccentric traits bewilder his colleagues Natalie Teeger (Traylor Howard), Captain Stottlemeyer (Ted Levine) and Lieutenant Disher (Jason Gray-Stanford), Monk's attention to detail keeps crime–and grime–off the streets. Included in this highly collectible 4-disc set are both the black & white and color versions of the noir-style episode "Mr. Monk and the Leper," obsessively good bonus features and the pilot episode of the hit comedy-drama 'Psych.' Follow the clues to Season Five of 'Monk', the quirky and original show 'TV Guide' hails as "alternatively hilarious and touching."

My Thoughts:
I felt like finishing off this set. Over half the episodes in this set I have never seen before.. so that made it even more fun to watch it.  There was a lot of really good episodes in this season. I really like Traylor Howard on this series... she plays her character great... and that's not even mentioning she is cute as can be. I really enjoyed all the episodes this season... though a couple of them could have been done better. But over-all I am more then satisfied with this purchase.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 27, 2008, 01:17:48 AM »

The Best of the Match Game (Disc 2)
Get ready to match the stars...

...as we play everyone's favorite BIG MONEY NATCH GAME! On DVD for the first time ever, this is your chance to experience 30 of the greatest episodes of this iconic gameshow, uncut and beautifully transferred from their original masters.

As one of the most popular television game shows in the '70s and early '80s, watch the nostalgia masterpeice with a sharp fashion sense and a disco diva style. 'MATCH GAME' is a classic with a rich TV history watched by millions over it's broadcast lifetime and now fondly remembered as part of growing up around the TV set.

From your favorite stars, including 'MATCH GAME' perennials Brett Somers, Charles Nelson Reilly, Betty White and Richard Dawson to Gene Rayburn's custom microphone and crazy antics - this collection has it all! Enjoy hours of rare bonus material including the pilot episode of 1962's "The Match Game", a special tribute to Gene Rayburn, an exclusive interview with Brett Somers and much more!

My Thoughts:
This disc has another 8 episodes. Episodes that aired from the '70s to the early '80s. These episodes are a lot of fun. What makes them so much fun is not only the celebrities from the time... but also how pretty much anything could happen. They really goof off a lot on this show. I have heard that the celebrity panel did some drinking while taping the show... with the way these episodes are... I believe it. Quality wise I was a bit disappointed with the first disc... but wasn't that bad on this second disc. It wasn't the best out there... but considering the age of the show it looks and sounds good. The bonus material on disc one had some errors... with disc 2 the bonus material played just fine... so that was an improvement as well.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 31, 2008, 02:40:36 AM »

The Bob Newhart Show: Season 1 (Disc 1 Side B)
In this hilarious sitcom from the '70s, Bob Newhart stars as Dr. Robert Hartley, a successful Chicago psychologist specializing in group therapy sessions. Bob's patience is often tested by his patients - including a paranoid grouch with a persecution complex, a hen-pecked husband, and an emotional eater - all trying to "find themselves." Even at home with his wife Emily, Bob is surrounded by an assortment of nutty and neurotic neighbors. But if laughter is the best therapy, you can be sure the good doctor and those who love him make a little progress every day!

My thoughts:
I needed to take a break from my current marathon... so thought I would put in a sitcom for a little bit. This is a really good sitcom... I do enjoy it quite a bit. But I learned that it is one that you can only watch so much of at one sitting. I don't know what it is about the show... but I tend to loose a bit of interest in it if I try to watch too many episodes all at once.
Pete

lyonsden5

« Reply #254 on: August 31, 2008, 05:32:41 AM »

My thoughts:
I don't know what it is about the show... but I tend to loose a bit of interest in it if I try to watch too many episodes all at once.

That's because you're not playing "Hi Bob". Every time someone says "Hi Bob" you're supposed to take a shot. One episode and you're trashed.  :stars: For extra fun you play "Hola Bob" but you have to use Tequila  :drunk:

Check it out (without the drinking is OK since Brittany is around ;) ) The phrase is said so much in an episode it's quite comical.  :laugh: