Author Topic: Zombie Strippers  (Read 2998 times)

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Zombie Strippers
« on: March 07, 2010, 08:55:05 PM »
Zombie Strippers

Year: 2007
Director: Jay Lee
Cast: Robert Englund, Jenna Jameson
Overview: When a secret government agency lets out a deadly chemical virus causing the re-animation of the dead, the first place to get hit is Rhino's, a hot underground strip club. As one of the strippers gets the virus, she turns into a supernatural, flesh-eating zombie stripper, making her the hit of the club. Do the rest of the girls fight the temptation to be like the star stripper, even if there is no turning back? ZOMBIE STRIPPERS is a sexy, bloody, hilarious good time!

Plot: The film starts with a brief history lesson to bring us up-to-date on the current world situation. George W. Bush has just won his 4 consecutive term of office after the Supreme Court ruled that a single vote was in his favour. The US is involved in a large number of different wars around the world including Iran, Afghanistan, Canada, Alaska. Their numbers of fighting men is being depleted so W Industries come up with a chemical virus to re-animate the dead. However this gets loose in the test lab and a clear-up squad are sent in. One of the squad gets infected and escapes to a nearby lap-dancing club. The remaining action is now centred around the events happening within the club.

Watched: 6th Mar 2010
My Thoughts: A comedy horror or is it a horror of a comedy? OK this is not a film I would have purchased normally, teaches me not to double check the on-screen data before pressing confirm, but that is not to say that I dislike horror or zombie films it was just that nothing in the reviews or cast piqued my interest. Robert Englund as an actor I am aware of from the V TV series and I believe that Jenna Jameson has a notoriety within her chosen field.

As to this film to be honest I didn't burst out laughing nor did I jump back in my seat. Going back to the days when there 2 films shown at each sitting then this would definitely have been the B film to prime you for the main feature. Not being an big fan of zombie/horror films there may well have been references to other films in those genres, are they separate genres or is one a sub-set of the other, that I missed. One reference I did catch but don't know what it referred to was "Badgers. Badgers. We don't need no stinking badgers.". I have heard similar to this elsewhere and seen variations of it as taglines. Much of the action was predictable and at one point I thought that will come back and bite them, pun intended  ;) . As to the strippers part of the title yes some of the ladies removed their tops and some even removed their bikini bottoms but full frontal nudity was lacking so not even soft-core.

My Rating: A disappointing 2

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie Strippers
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 01:00:45 PM »
I hate to admit it... but I am still tempted to buy this movie.  :bag: :laugh:
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 02:30:12 PM »
I will buy that movie, no matter what! (just not at the current price!)  :laugh:

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 08:33:36 PM »
I hate to admit it... but I am still tempted to buy this movie.  :bag: :laugh:

If you can find it at a reasonable price Pete, go for it. It might well suit you more than me after looking at some of your reviews, plus it will be interesting to read a different point of view on it.

I will buy that movie, no matter what! (just not at the current price!)  :laugh:

I hope the prices come down soon so that you can get it and give your spin on it.

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.