Author Topic: The Good Old Days TV Thread  (Read 8682 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: The Good Old Days TV Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2010, 02:32:11 AM »
I liked when they went to Hawaii...but that is probably because it had Vincent Price in it. :P That and the bad luck Tiki statue! :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2010, 05:14:02 PM »
One Step Beyond
Season 1: Episode 7
The Dream
Original Air Date: 3/3/1959
In 1940, a fearful Britain awaits invasion by Nazi forces. A husband and his wife, separated by their wartime assignments, suddenly dream that each is in danger, and both try frantically to see if their dream has come true.

My Thoughts:
This is a show I never heard of before buying the "Best Of" DVD set. The set contains 50 of the 97 episodes that were made. It is a selection from all 3 seasons in no particular order. It is a series that has kind of a Twilight Zone feel to it. This is only the 4th or 5th episode I have watched in this set so far. And I have enjoyed all the ones before this one.  I didn't hate this one... but it wasn't up to the same caliber as the previous episodes on the set. I just found myself not that interested in the story.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2010, 04:15:53 PM »
Mork & Mindy
Season 2: Episode 8
A Morkville Horror
Original Air Date: 10/28/1979
Mork and Mindy believe the house she grew up in is haunted.

My Thoughts:
Going by the date this episode aired they did it with Halloween in mind. Though there is no mention of Halloween in the episode itself. It remains one of my favorite episodes of the series because of the ghost story of course. I always thought Robin Williams was hilarious in this show. But he was even more so playing a Mork that was terrified.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2010, 11:20:43 PM »
The Brady Bunch
The Hawaiian Vacation
Season 4 Episodes 1-3
Original Air Dates: 9/22/72, 9/29/72 & 10/6/72

1. Hawaii Bound
Mike Brady must check on the construction of one of his company's projects in Hawaii, so the entire Brady Bunch is invited along for a groovy tropical vacation! But when Bobby encounters an ancient Tiki idol that brings a curse upon all who touch it, bad luck begins to plague the Bradys. Don Ho guest stars.

2. Pass the Tabu
"Bad luck, come and get me!" taunts Peter - and it does! After he, Greg and Alice all fall victim to the bad vibes emanating from the mysterious Tiki idol, the boys decide to return it to the burial-ground cave from whence it came - and hopefully bring their streak of bad luck to an end! Vincent Price guest stars.

3. The Tiki Caves
The boys attempt to rid the family of their bad luck by returning the Tiki idol to its proper place, bu they are shadows by a crazy archaeologist - who takes the boys hostage and demands to know how they came in possession of the ancient artifact! Vincent Price guest stars.

My Thoughts:
After watching the one episode in the April Birthdays thread I felt the mood to watch a few more episodes. So thought I would watch the episodes where they go to Hawaii. I enjoyed these episodes... not only do we have some girls in bikinis but we also have the guest star of Vincent Price in 2 of the 3 episodes. The bad luck tiki... while a silly storyline is still an entertaining one.

My Rating:
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2010, 11:25:27 PM »
Caption for the Brady Bunch photo...Don't look, girls!  It's...Danny Partridge in a speedo!!!  :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2010, 11:28:50 PM »
 :hysterical:
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki