Author Topic: Weekend Movie Marathon: Vampires  (Read 13776 times)

snowcat

Re: Weekend Movie Marathon: Vampires
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2010, 09:48:31 PM »
Jimmy I can see your point... I don't think any of my DVDs are worth more then a couple of £ except maybe for my Twin Peaks, Dragonball z movies and maybe my copy of Jurassic Park 3... I don't sell DVDs or Games because I for some reason I always want what I can't have ¬_¬ the only DVD I have ever sold was Enemy of the State...2 months later I bought it back (the same copy.)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2010, 10:16:09 PM »
I've some that worth quite a lot of money

I could easilly sell it for more than 100 $US since my copy is like a new released.
But even if I don't watch it, I just can't sell it...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2010, 01:44:20 PM »

Title: Once Bitten
Year: 1985
Director: Howard Storm
Rating: PG-13
Length: 93 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1, Pan & Scan 1.33:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital Mono, Spanish: Dolby Digital Mono
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Lauren Hutton as Countess
Jim Carrey (1962) as Mark Kendall
Karen Kopins as Robin Pierce
Cleavon Little as Sebastian
Thomas Ballatore as Jamie

Plot:
Comedy superstar Jim Carrey plays a hot-blooded teen who becomes the reluctant donor to a sultry - and extremely thirsty - nocturnal nymph [Lauren Hutton] in this "funny...sexy" [Boxoffice] send-up of the horror genre!

Mark [Carrey] has just one thing on his mind: going all the way. But while his girlfriend keeps telling him he has to wait, he meets a beautiful vampire countess (Hutton) who's ready for action! Mark's just happy to get past second base...but after a one-night stand with the sexy seductress, Mark starts behaving more than a little batty and realizes he must find a way to break his lover's fiendish spell...or be prepared to work the graveyard shift forever!

Extras:
Scene Access
Trailers
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Felt like a comedy this morning... so pulled this one out. It is one I haven't watched in a while. It is a fun movie... though it is not the best of it's kind out there. It is pretty silly at times. Though I must say I did like the girl that played Jim Carrey's girlfriend. An actress named Karen Kopins... checking my profiler I don't have much with her in it. Just an episode of Full house and an episode of the original Knight Rider. Lauren Hutton was of course good as well. And I like that while still doing his thing... in this one Jim Carey did go too nuts on the screen.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2010, 01:44:57 PM »
OMG... Look Jimmy!... it is one I didn't have a review up for yet.... how that happen?  :laugh:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2010, 05:47:19 PM »

Title: Frost: Portrait of a Vampire
Year: 2001
Director: Kevin VanHook
Rating: R
Length: 90 Min.
Video: Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: Dolby Digital Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital Stereo
Subtitles: English, Spanish

Stars:
Jeff Manzanares as Frost
C. R. Lister as Nat
Gary Busey as Micah
Karen Bailey as Nancy
John Koca as Kocha

Plot:
When two mercenaries, Jonothan "Jack" Frost and Nat MacKenzie, are sent on a deadly mission to the Middle East, Nat is bitten by a creature only known as the "Vampire Demon." When the two return to the U.S., Nat begins to change, growing faster and stronger and, suddenly, invincible. But a string of deadly murders follow him as well, and soon it becomes clear that Nat has joined the undead, and only one man can stop him.

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Trailers
Deleted Scenes
Featurettes
Gallery
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is the third time I watched this movie since I bought it. I bought it on the suggestion of a friend. But the first time I watched it I just couldn't get into it. It bored me to the point that I dosed off more then once trying to watch it. My friend then convinced me to give it another try. The second time I watched it I actually found myself enjoying it. It has been quite a while since I watched it... so thought I would pop it in today. While it is not really a bad movie... it will never be a favorite of mine. Just something different to watch every few years.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2010, 10:15:52 PM »
After reading the new posts, I've opened this thread to ask you why you haven't watch anything since yesterday morning... Looks like you were faster than me :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2010, 10:53:21 PM »
 :laugh: Well I am going easy this weekend. But that is mainly because I got that new Grey's Anatomy set... and I just couldn't wait to watch it too... so I been doing both this weekend.  :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2010, 02:48:24 PM »

Title: Vampire Whores From Outer Space
Year: 2005
Director: Eamon Hardiman
Rating: NR
Length: 70 Min.
Video: Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital Stereo
Subtitles: N/A

Stars:
Lance Steele as Kevin Murphy
Meghan McDowell as Dawn Hartley
Brian Gunnoe as Burt Fleming
Diana Burton as Mitchell
Billy Dynamite as Hank McKenzie

Plot:
A small group of idiots wage a war on vampiric alien prostitutes.

Extras:
Scene Access

My Thoughts:
I couldn't have a vampire weekend and not watch one of those extremely low budget films from the Mortuary of Madness 50 movie boxset I bought. And with a name like Vampire Whores from Outer Space... believe me I went into it expecting nothing at all... well maybe just expecting something to laugh at... at the most. But I couldn't even really say that. This movie looked like it was made on a home video camera... with poor acting and effects. And don't even get me started on the space alien pimp. Just a guy in a green alien head mask. Then there was the sick abortion parts that didn't even need to be in the movie as it added nothing to the story. Not sick as in disgusting to look at... but sick as in very bad taste. If there was anything in this movie that actually looked decent it was the fangs on the vampires... they looked pretty good. But I think the most entertaining thing about this movie is the title itself.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2010, 05:49:57 PM »

Title: Slayer
Year: 2006
Director: Kevin VanHook
Rating: NR
Length: 87 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: Dolby Digital Stereo
Subtitles:

Stars:
Casper Van Dien as Hawk
Tony Plana as Javier
Kevin Grevioux as Grieves
Jennifer O'Dell as Laurie
Alexis Cruz as Alex

Plot:
Somewhere deep in the South American rain forest, an elite commando team led by lifelong friends Hawk (Casper Van Dien of STARSHIP TROOPERS) and Grieves (Kevin Grevioux of UNDERWORLD) are attacked by a brutal superhuman force: A flesh-ripping, blood-guzzling clan that hunts in packs, strikes in daylight, and won't stay dead. The U.S. military calls them 'a tribal anomaly,' but are they actually a horrific race of pre-Incan vampires? Six months later, Hawk must return to the jungle on a deadly new mission, this time to rescue his tough-but-beautiful scientist ex-wife (Jennifer O'Dell of THE LOST WORLD) and destroy his best friend, who may now be leading a tactical assault squad of immortal bloodsuckers out of their caves and into our world. Ray Park (X-MEN, Darth Maul of THE PHANTOM MENACE), Tony Plana (24), Danny Trejo (THE DEVIL'S REJECTS) and Lynda Carter (WONDER WOMAN) co-star in this SciFi Original from Kevin VanHook, the writer/producer/director of VOODOO MOON and THE FALLEN ONES.

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Trailers
Gallery
DVD-ROM Content
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This movie I have a bit of mixed feelings on. It is a bit of a low-budget horror... but a decent one. As most know... I love vampire movies. A lot of vampire movies play with the legend a bit... and this one certainly does that. In this case the biggest change they made was that the Vampires can come out in the sunlight without any problems. Which kinda sucks... but I can deal with that.

The movie kinda reminds me of Dog Soldiers... but with vampires instead of werewolves. Only problem is this movie isn't even close to being as good as Dog Soldiers. Not that this is a bad movie... because I really did enjoy it. It just could have been better, IMO. Where Dog Soldiers I found to be an excellent film.

Being a fan of superhero movies/shows.. I really liked the fact that this one has Lynda Carter (Wonder Woman) in it. I have all 3 seasons of Wonder Woman on DVD... not to mention I was very hooked on her when I was a kid. So it was fun for me to see what she looks like now. I was really surprised when I first saw her... for a woman that is close to 60... she still is very attractive.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2010, 05:50:27 PM »
Jimmy... that is one more you can just replace the link for
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2010, 01:47:31 AM »
Title: Vampire Whores From Outer Space
My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Thanks for watching it ;D
I think I will keep this in my forever unwatched list :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2010, 11:11:25 AM »
Trust me... no big loss there. But I will keep this in mind for our next "deal"!  :laugh: :tease:
Pete