Author Topic: Just an idea  (Read 9856 times)

snowcat

Just an idea
« on: January 31, 2010, 09:12:28 PM »
So I had this idea.... for a "movie club" kind of like a marathon except one film is picked and then people can choose to watch it and review it at the end of the week? we could discuss our ideas about it etc.

I know often when some one writes a review it cant start many a discussion about the movie :)

So my idea is.... We pick a movie then as many people who want to take part say they will take part... then they watch the movie and post a review?

So anyway, just a quick idea... :p up to you guys.

Najemikon

Re: Just an idea
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 10:04:53 PM »
We have tried this before. There's even a special sub-forum for it! I'd definitely like to have another crack, especially considering you and the other newer members. Check it out here: http://www.dvdcollectorsonline.com/index.php/board,55.0.html

snowcat

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 10:08:03 PM »
Nice! I think it will be awesome to start this up again :D

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 10:27:57 PM »
I'm in  :thumbup:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 02:00:17 AM »
That sounds nice...I would probably take part..once work slows back down for me.  Hopefully only 6 more long days and then I get days off again.

Rogmeister

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 02:38:12 AM »
I would be interested in this.  In concept, it sounds similar to me where everybody takes turns doing their own reviews in the Alfred Hitchcock marathon.  I will check out that link and see how it was going on earlier.  I'd like to take part but it might depend on the selection of movies.  Im not able to buy a lot of new movies right now.  If we included some slightly older movies I already had (maybe a western?  Maybe not...) I would have a chance at already owning some of those films.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 05:06:26 AM »
I'll take part, provided I own the movie or it's something I wanted to watch anyway...

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 05:18:05 AM »
I'll do it if the choosen film is Wicked Sex Party :tease:

More seriously it would be great to take a Radley Metzger or Joe Sarno's film, but since only a few of us buy them I'll pass my turn.

snowcat

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2010, 09:52:44 AM »
Yeah, I mean :S we would have to find a few movies everyone had.. uhh Some way :p

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2010, 01:59:05 PM »
Well, Emma, you started it :P

Throw a few names out there, which you would like to see discussed. The others will say which they have and if they are up to watching them for the purpose. Obviously you will never get everyone in for any particular movie, so we'll just have to target for a sufficiently sized group.

Critter

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 02:01:17 PM »
I would do this but since I have a lot less DVD's than most of you, and since my video store sucks I think I will probably sit most of these out. If I do happen to have one of the films I will watch it, but to prevent myself going back into my piracy days of downloading films I will probably just keep watching what I do have instead.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2010, 02:36:01 PM »
I personally always sat out of these discussions because beyond my initial review... I suck at dissecting a movie and giving any deeper thought.  :bag: :P
Pete

snowcat

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2010, 02:45:59 PM »
Hmm ok a few ideas I had

Cloverfield  (did it change the face of movie monster films?)
Scary Movie (its influence on the parody genre)
Jersey Girl (Why do so many Kevin Smith fans hate this movie?)
Supersize Me (Did this really change the way documentaries were made?)
Fargo (does lying about how a true a story is effect the audience?)

These are just a few ideas I had! Im sure you all have your own and feel free to add them :) we could then start a poll or something and vote for the order in which these are watched? or even a poll once a month or so to decide what to watch?

Najemikon

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2010, 05:12:35 PM »
Very good ideas there. I don't have Scary Movie and never will, so I'll be in the peanut gallery taking aim if that pile of crap gets picked! :P I also don't have Jersey Girl, but would be willing to get it to take part. The others I have, so whatever is cool...

I'd add:

Serenity - did it start a sci-fi revolution for which it has never been credited?

snowcat

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2010, 05:47:39 PM »
Interesting, I have Serenity but have never watched it... ill save it for when we get to it though :p

American Pie - (Changing the face of teen comedies)
Spinal tap - (the way a mockumentry should be made)
Saw (can horror movies go to far graphically?)