Author Topic: December Christmas Marathon Discussion Thread HoHoHo!  (Read 25352 times)

lyonsden5

Re: December Christmas Marathon Discussion Thread HoHoHo!
« Reply #90 on: December 11, 2007, 07:29:54 PM »
 :laugh: No, I like Christmas music is all  :-[ Everything from Perry Como, Dean Martin &  Mel Torme to Diana Krall, Christina Aguilera & Boys to Men. Unfortunately most artists play/sing the same 20 songs so it does get a bit redundant  :hysterical:

RossRoy

« Reply #91 on: December 11, 2007, 08:00:43 PM »
:laugh: No, I like Christmas music is all  :-[ Everything from Perry Como, Dean Martin &  Mel Torme to Diana Krall, Christina Aguilera & Boys to Men. Unfortunately most artists play/sing the same 20 songs so it does get a bit redundant  :hysterical:

Hence why most of the Christmas music I listen to is not from mainstream people. For instance: Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, The Blind Boys of Alabama, Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass Band, etc.

I also have some CD that are by Wind/Brass bands, with arrangements by Jan Van der Roost for example. Makes for a much needed change in pace regarding Xmas music.

Sanuye

« Reply #92 on: December 11, 2007, 09:22:58 PM »
I love Harry Connick, jr's Christmas covers :D

richierich

« Reply #93 on: December 12, 2007, 12:56:23 AM »
Only like The Pogues and Kirsty Macoll song at Crimbo  ;D

lyonsden5

« Reply #94 on: December 14, 2007, 02:32:30 PM »
Watched Christmas Time in South Park  :hysterical: Most people I know either like South Park or hate it with not too many people in between. I happen to like it. This DVD was a great add. Really makes me want to get the entire series. I have no idea how the creators can say what they say and do what they do and still be on the air after all these years.  :laugh:

lyonsden5

« Reply #95 on: December 15, 2007, 04:27:38 PM »
Watched Saturday Night Live Christmas

This DVD is worth it alone for the "Delicious Dish" sketch with Alec Baldwin.  :hysterical:  Also has some other memorable skits as well as a few that could have been left out.

richierich

« Reply #96 on: December 16, 2007, 05:42:01 PM »
Honourable mention for Santo Who?, with Leslie Nielson.

Yes its sickly, tacky and predictable, but it is a good Xmas movie because of/despite this  ;D

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 16, 2007, 08:16:41 PM »
After the hockey game last night I couldn't sleep so I caught up on a few movies. I  watched Ice Age, Ice Age: The Meltdown and March of the Penguins.

I'm a sucker for animation so of course I loved both of these. I had seen Ice Age before but I had to watch it again before seeing part 2. I like Ray Romano but my favorite character is Sid; John Leguizamo is terrific. Scrat's pretty cool too.

March of the Penguins was wonderful too.  I had heard this version was totally different than the original La Marche de l'empereur. Morgan Freeman was perfect as the narrator and I can't imagine the film without him. Has anyone seen them both? 

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #98 on: December 16, 2007, 11:03:08 PM »
Seems that Richie has finished his marathon  :clap:

I still have two movies to go, but I am close on his heels  :training:

lyonsden5

« Reply #99 on: December 17, 2007, 07:37:29 AM »
Watched "It's a Wonderful Life" tonight. I have never sat and watched this movie.  :bag: I'v eseen bits and pieces of it more than once but never the whole thing. It was...  :hmmmm: OK. Guess I expected more.  :shrug:

Not sure if I'm going to make all 31 movies. Thanks for putting the 12 movie mini option in there Richie  :laugh: Right now it looks like I make the Full (31) minus the Mini (12) for a total of 19.  ???

Still gotta get in my bi-annual viewing of "Scrooged". I've seen it so many time since it came out we had to stop watching it every year. This year is a watch year though.  :dance:

It's late and I'm babbling. Going to bed  :hysterical:

richierich

« Reply #100 on: December 17, 2007, 10:48:05 AM »
Seems that Richie has finished his marathon  :clap:

I still have two movies to go, but I am close on his heels  :training:

I must admit that the inclusion of TV xmas episodes was great, but did shorten the marathon, so I feel like I took a short-cut to the finish  :thumbup:
Will watch a few more over the next week or so so I'll add them to the list. Still trying to found out if King of the Hill had any Xmas episodes  :headscratch:

richierich

« Reply #101 on: December 17, 2007, 10:50:23 AM »
Watched "It's a Wonderful Life" tonight. I have never sat and watched this movie.  :bag: I'v eseen bits and pieces of it more than once but never the whole thing. It was...  :hmmmm: OK. Guess I expected more.  :shrug:

I concur, because I had never seen this growing up there isn't a nostalgic attachment that some may feel towards the movie.
However, National Lampoons Xmas Vacation is total nostalgia for me, and I can watch it every year and still get some good laffs from it  :laugh:

RossRoy

« Reply #102 on: January 01, 2008, 04:04:15 PM »
Wow, this last december marathon turns out to have been a complete disaster!  :bag: I didn't even get to the half mark!  :surrender:

Well, better luck next time!

lyonsden5

« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2008, 04:35:48 PM »
Yeah, life kinda got in the way of mine as well. I did enjoy the movies I watched though. Except I was really looking forward to Scrooged and never got around to it.

Might skip the next marathon and pick it up again in February. Guess it depends on what is (was?) chosen.

m.cellophane

« Reply #104 on: January 02, 2008, 07:33:41 AM »
I thought about joining late and doing a mini-marathon, but I didn't want to post about it until I got sufficiently underway. In honor of Rick's avatar (which I love btw), I started with Elf . I watched a total 4 before I got derailed.  :bag: :laugh: