Author Topic: Angel Marathon  (Read 37258 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Angel Marathon
« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2010, 02:57:33 AM »
Angel: Season 4

22. Home
Original Air Date: 5/7/2003
Angel and the gang are made an offer they can’t refuse when they are given the opportunity to take over Wolfram & Hart and obtain all of the firm’s secret and powerful information. Meanwhile, Angel has a chance to change the future for his son Connor, who is physically and emotionally lost and wandering through the city.

Guest Stars:
Stephanie Romanov
Jim Abele
Jason Winer
Michael Halsey
Jonathan Woodward

My Thoughts:
An interesting episode. And I like what they did for Connor's character. I remember back when this episode first aired. I was so worried all the way until season 5 started that they ruined the series by giving Angel and the gang Wolfram & Hart. But in the end I was surprised how well it actually worked out for it.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 22, 2010, 11:52:15 AM »
Angel Marathon

Angel: Season 5
The Angel Investigations team is stunned when the senior partners of Wolfram and Hart give them control of the L.A. office. The gang quickly moves in, and although everyone is delighted at the amazing resources they now have at their command, they can't stop wondering what the catch is. But the biggest mystery of all revolves around a small package Angel receives containing an amulet and a handful of dust-which coalesces into a very-much-alive Spike.

EPISODES:
1. Conviction
2. Just Rewards
3. Unleashed
4. Hell Bound
5. Life of the Party
6. The Cautionary Tale of Numero Cinco
7. Lineage
8. Destiny
9. Harm's Way
10. Soul Purpose
11. Damage
12. You're Welcome
13. Why we Fight
14. Smile Time
15. A Hole In The World
16. Shells
17. Underneath
18. Origin
19. Time Bomb
20. The Girl in Question
21. Power Play
22. Not Fade Away 

Stars:

David Boreanaz
As
Angel

Alexis Denisof
as
Wesley Wyndam-Pryce

J. August Richards
as
Charles Gunn

Andy Hallett
as
The Host

Amy Acker
as
Winifred "Fred" Burkle

James Marsters
as
Spike

Mercedes McNab
as
Harmony
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 22, 2010, 01:50:56 PM »

1. Conviction
Original Air Date: 10/1/2003
As the Angel Investigations team moves into the L.A. law offices of Wolfram and Hart, two old friends from Sunnydale come back into their lives: Harmony and Spike.

Guest Stars:
Sarah Thompson
Jonathan Woodward
Dane Northcutt

My Thoughts:
A pretty good start to the new season... though nothing really mind blowing. It does however give you a good idea of the turn the series has taken. I remember the first time I saw this I wasn't sure how I felt about what they did to Gunn... and to this day years later I am still not sure I am all together happy with it. But it isn't something terrible either.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 22, 2010, 03:13:35 PM »

2. Just Rewards
Original Air Date: 10/8/2003
Spike struggles with the fact that he has returned as a ghost and finds himself tempted by a promise made by a necromancer that he and Angel have gone to confront.

Guest Stars:
Victor Raider-Wexler
William Utay
Bill Escudier
Joshua Hutchinson

My Thoughts:
This one I enjoyed a bit more then the last episode. It is always fun watching Angel and Spike go at it. And there was also a decent storyline for this one as well.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 22, 2010, 05:16:37 PM »

3. Unleashed
Original Air Date: 10/15/2003
As Angel tries to help a young woman bitten by a werewolf, Fred tries to help Spike who has begun to fade in and out of existence for longer and longer periods of time.

Guest Stars:
Jenny Mollen
John Billingsley
Heidi Dippold

My Thoughts:
This one I really liked a lot. Favorite episode of the season so far. I thought they did the werewolf really cool. And if I am not mistaken... we do see her again before the season is over.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 22, 2010, 06:38:38 PM »

4. Hell Bound
Original Air Date: 10/22/2003
Fred tries to build a transformation device that will turn Spike back into a corporeal being and prevent a ghost called "The Reaper" from dragging him into Hell.

Guest Stars:
Sarah Thompson
Simon Templeman
Dorie Barton
Willow Greer

My Thoughts:
Another awesome episode. I enjoyed every minute of it! I liked how they did all the ghosts in the basement. And of course the big fight scene for Spike.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 22, 2010, 08:44:35 PM »

5. Life of the Party
Original Air Date: 10/29/2003
When Lorne foregoes sleep in order to prepare for the firm's big Halloween party, the dark side of his subconscious begins to manifest itself, and affect the gang in strange ways.

Guest Stars:
Sarah Thompson
Jonathan Woodward
Leland Crooke

My Thoughts:
The one and only Halloween episode! A fun episode... but it could have been better.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 22, 2010, 09:35:49 PM »

6. The Cautionary Tale of Numero Cinco
Original Air Date: 11/5/2003
Feeling disconnected from his real mission to be a hero for the people, Angel befriends an elderly mail clerk at the firm who was once a hero too and who feels the same way.

Guest Stars:
Danny Mora
Bruno Gioiello

My Thoughts:
This one never really impressed me that much. Found it to be a bit slow and uninteresting. Probably one of my least favorite of any I have watched so far.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 22, 2010, 10:18:52 PM »

7. Lineage
Original Air Date: 11/12/2003
While the gang does battle against a troop of Ninja-like cyborgs, Wesley finds himself battling with the sudden appearance of his father who is a member of the Watchers' Council.

Guest Stars:
Sarah Thompson
Jonathan Woodward
Treva Etienne
Roy Dotrice

My Thoughts:
While better then the last episode... this is another one I never really cared too much for. Just a basic filler episode with a story that just didn't interest me too much.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 22, 2010, 11:36:36 PM »

8. Destiny
Original Air Date: 11/19/2003
Spike opens up a package that makes him corporeal again, turns the firm's employees into bloody-eyed monsters, and pits him against Angel in a race to drink out of the Cup of Perpetual Torment.

Guest Stars:
Sarah Thompson
Juliet Landau
Michael Halsey
Justin Connor
Mark Kelly

My Thoughts:
This one was right good.... Spike is solid once again. And I loved the fight between Spike. I love it when I go back to the show after year... and forget some of the finer points. This episode actually caught me by surprise who was behind it all! And some flash backs as well! :thumbup:

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 23, 2010, 01:21:57 AM »

9. Harm's Way
Original Air Date: 1/14/2004
Harmony finds herself in over her head and desperate to keep her job after she wakes up in her bed next to a dead man with vampire bites on his neck.

Guest Stars:
Danielle Nicolet
Jennifer Haworth
Stacy Reed
David Gangler

My Thoughts:
This is a fun episode played more for comedy then anything else.  Which is a nice break from how they been playing it lately. And I must say I got a kick out of the Vampire cat fight... fighting with chopsticks!

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 23, 2010, 02:14:50 AM »

10. Soul Purpose
Original Air Date: 1/21/2004
While Spike assumes the role of vampire-killing vigilante, Angel begins suffering from horrific dreams that seem to center around his inner fears and insecurities.

Guest Stars:
Sarah Thompson
Ciara Hughes

My Thoughts:
A good episode... though it is somewhat on the weird side. Especially with all those strange dreams Angel was having.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 24, 2010, 01:49:15 AM »

11. Damage
Original Air Date: 1/28/2004
When Angel and Spike try to help a young woman who escaped from an asylum, they discover she's actually a potential slayer empowered by the spell Willow cast back at the Hellmouth in Sunnydale.

Guest Stars:
Tom Lenk
Navi Rawat
Jasmine Di Angelo

My Thoughts:
Andrew from Buffy the Vampire Slayer was in this episode. I swear he always aggravated me on that show!  :P Is a good episode that I enjoyed quite a bit. I like how they continued a storyline from the last season of Buffy... updating us on some of the main characters of that series a little.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 24, 2010, 11:32:35 AM »

12. You're Welcome
Original Air Date: 2/4/2004
Cordelia returns to help her friends one last time after an old nemesis shows up determined to defeat Angel by overriding a secret failsafe created by the Powers That Be.

Guest Stars:
Charisma Carpenter
Christian Kane
Sarah Thompson
Ryan Alvarez
T. J. Thyne

My Thoughts:
An excellent episode. This is the 100th episode of the series. So you know they do a big one for that. Which also means I only have 10 more episodes of this series to watch now. In this episode we get closure of the Cordelia storyline as well as the Lindsey storyline. And I think they did an excellent job on both... especially with Cordelia. That character really grew since the self-centered character of the early days of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 24, 2010, 12:38:24 PM »

13. Why We Fight
Original Air Date: 2/11/2004
A World War II sailor - who Angel turned into a vampire in order to save the crew of a German submarine - returns to make Angel pay for all his years of pain.

Guest Stars:
Eyal Podell
Lindsey Ginter
Scott Klace
Roy Werner

My Thoughts:
I enjoyed this one. It is of course another flashback episode. Has an interesting storyline.... though the action is limited.

My Rating:
Pete