Author Topic: Angel Marathon  (Read 37236 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Angel Marathon
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2010, 12:18:15 AM »
Angel: Season 2

11. Redefinition
Original Air Date: 1/16/2001
After firing his staff and cutting himself off from all help, Angel begins intense physical and mental training to become strong enough to stop Darla and Drusilla before they destroy the City of Angels.

Guest Stars:
Christian Kane
Stephanie Romanov
Nicolas Surovy
Julie Benz
Juliet Landau

My Thoughts:
Another episode I enjoyed a lot. I was concerned as I thought I remembered not caring for the episodes where Angel fired the gang. But at least for the first one... very entertaining. A also enjoyed seeing Angel going against Drusilla and Darla. They are worried now knowing this is not like Angel and is not Angelus. They have something totally different to worry about.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2010, 05:19:32 PM »

12. Blood Money
Original Air Date: 1/23/2001
Angel threatens to expose Wolfram & Hart's criminal activities when he discovers that they are stealing large contributions that were made to a teen shelter but an old adversary has other plans for Angel.

Guest Stars:
Christian Kane
Stephanie Romanov
Sam Anderson
Julia Lee
Gerry Becker
Mark Rolston

My Thoughts:
A fun and entertaining episode. I especially enjoyed the benefit that Wolfram & Hart was putting on to cheat a teen shelter.not only was the idea for the benefit itself entertaining... but I had to laugh at the video of Cordelia and Wesley that Angel had played.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2010, 06:55:36 PM »

13. Happy Anniversary
Original Air Date: 2/6/2001
Angel and the Host search for a physicist they fear will cause the end of the world---and who unknowingly has help from two apocalypse-lovin' Lubber demons.

Guest Stars:
Brigid Brannagh
Matt Champagne
Darby Stanchfield
Mike Hagerty

My Thoughts:
This is really just an average filler episode. really. It does little to advance the main storyline of the season. Unfortunately I couldn't get myself to care about the characters in this one. Just a nothing special episode.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2010, 08:46:26 PM »

14. The Thin Dead Line
Original Air Date: 2/13/2001
Angel investigates rumors of renegade cops out for blood, while Cordelia, Wesley and Gunn carry out their own fact-finding mission that results Wesley being seriously wounded by a police gunshot.

Guest Stars:
Elisabeth Rohm
Julia Lee
Mushond Lee
Jarrod Crawford
Cory C. Hardrict

My Thoughts:
This is an episode I really liked a lot. It has a really interesting main story... and it advances the season long arc well. This has to be one of my favorite of for the second season.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2010, 10:55:52 PM »

15. Reprise
Original Air Date: 2/20/2001
Angel learns of the impending visit of Wolfram & Hart's "senior partner," an evil and merciless demon from hell, and he plans a kamikaze mission to destroy the powerful beast that will sacrifice his own life in the process.

Guest Stars:
Elisabeth Rohm
Christian Kane
Stephanie Romanov
Sam Anderson
Brigid Brannagh
Julie Benz

My Thoughts:
This episode I enjoyed quite a bit. The entire episode is to advance the season long story arc. Gotta love shows like Angel... there is not many shows that can have a character killed off and he still be part of the show. And this one ends in a great cliffhanger.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2010, 01:27:03 AM »

16. Epiphany
Original Air Date: 2/27/2001
After an empty night of passion with Darla, Angel surprisingly wakes up with his soul still intact and has an epiphany. His moment of clarity brings him back to the land of the living and while he tries to reunite with his crew, Cordelia, Wesley and Gunn aren't ready to forgive him, even when their very lives are at stake.

Guest Stars:
Elisabeth Rohm
Christian Kane
Julie Benz

My Thoughts:
Another good episode. Enjoyed it quite a bit.  I am just glad Angel is back with his crew. It just didn't feel right when they were apart. Of course they haven't completely forgiven him yet... and he will pay some before it is all over. But at least he is back with them. I also liked Darla's reaction when she found out that Angel wasn't evil after their night together.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2010, 02:06:54 AM »

17. Disharmony
Original Air Date: 4/17/2001
While the crew tracks down a cult of vampires led by a former motivational speaker with a wicked pyramid scheme, Cordelia gets a surprise visit from her old high-school buddy Harmony. Unaware her flaky pal's a bloodsucker, Cordy mistakes Harm's strange behavior for lesbianism---until the truth comes out, so to speak, in a call to Willow. Much to the dismay of her co-workers, the ever loyal Cordelia resolves to give her undead friend a chance at fighting for the good guys.

Guest Stars:
Mercedes McNab
Pat Healy
Alyson Hannigan

My Thoughts:
This one is more a fun, comedic episode. And it definitely is funny. Brittany joined me watching this one... and she was laughing so hard she couldn't even breath. It was definitely hilarious seeing Cordelia confusing Harmony being a vampire with being a lesbian. And even more so when she goes on about it to Willow over the phone.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2010, 02:40:35 PM »

18. Dead End
Original Air Date: 4/24/2001
Angel crosses paths with Lindsey while searching for a man in Cordelia's vision, who stabbed himself in the eye.

Guest Stars:
Christian Kane
Stephanie Romanov
Gerry Becker
Michael Dempsey

My Thoughts:
This is a good episode. It was fun to watch Angel and Lindsey trying to work together. I enjoyed the storyline. And if I remember right... it is the last we will see of Lindsey for a while. Which is a good thing to me since he never was a character I liked very much.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2010, 03:18:29 PM »

19. Belonging
Original Air Date: 5/1/2001
Angel and his crew must find a way to kill a bloodthirsty demon who has arrived in town from another dimension through a mysterious, magical portal in the karaoke bar.

Guest Stars:
Amy Acker
Jarrod Crawford
Darris Love
Brody Hutzler

My Thoughts:
This is the very first appearance of Amy Acker as Winfred "Fred" Burkle. Even if it was just for a quick moment in one of Cordelia's visions. This is also the first of a 4 episode storyline for the end of the second season. It is a good episode... I enjoyed it quite a bit.  

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2010, 04:53:48 PM »

20. Over the Rainbow
Original Air Date: 5/8/2001
After being inadvertently sucked into a dimensional portal, Cordelia finds herself stuck in the Host's home world, Pylea, a place where human beings aren't exactly treated as such. While Cordy struggles to endure the hardships of otherworldly existence - which include being treated as a slave and referred to as "cow" - Angel, Wesley, the Host and Gunn work on how to get her back.

Guest Stars:
Amy Acker
Susan Blommaert
Persia White
Daniel Dae Kim
Michael Phenicie

My Thoughts:
Good continuation from the previous episode. A decent story. I enjoyed it. I got a chuckle or two out of seeing how Angel acted when he realized he could be in the sun in this alternate dimension.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2010, 06:47:42 PM »

21. Through the Looking Glass
Original Air Date: 5/15/2001
Angel and friends work overtime to survive in a foreign dimension. Cordelia discovers her dirty duty as Princess of Pylea is to mate with a creature called the Groosalugg. She's unable to escape the palace with Wesley and Gunn, and the priests keeping watch over her also prove to be less than trustworthy.

Guest Stars:
Amy Acker
Brody Hutzler
Tom McCleister
Mark Lutz

My Thoughts:
A good continuation from the last episode. I really liked how they designed Angel's vampire form for this new dimension. Then there is a bit of a surprises at the end of the episode. And I must say... Cordelia looks pretty cute in the princess outfit... though she did look better in the bikini a couple episodes ago!

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2010, 07:59:02 PM »

22. There's No Place Like Plrtz Glrb
Original Air Date: 5/22/2001
Angel struggles with the inner beast that the demon dimension brings out in him, while Cordelia learns that her role as princess involves mating with a demon, and Wesley and Gunn band with rebel forces to overthrow the government and Her Majesty.

Guest Stars:
Amy Acker
Brody Hutzler
Mark Lutz
Michael Phenicie
Alyson Hannigan (Cameo)

My Thoughts:
And the final episode of the second season... a good episode. I did enjoy it. Though it probably could have been more exciting. There wasn't quite as much action as I would have liked. But an entertaining episode all the same. In the final moment of the episode we see Willow waiting for Angel in the hotel... upset. And without a single word from her Angel knows that there is a problem with Buffy.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2010, 08:08:59 PM »
Angel Marathon

Angel: Season 3
Even as Angel mourns the death of Buffy, Darla makes her way to L.A. with a mysterious new life growing within her. Now thrust into a role he never imagined, Angel needs the assistance of the Angel Investigations team more than ever. But while Cordelia, Gunn and Fred rally round the new dad, an ancient and deadly prophecy convinces Wesley to commit the ultimate betrayal.

EPISODES:
1. Heartthrob
2. That Vision-Thing
3. That Old Gang Of Mine
4. Carpe Noctem
5. Fredless
6. Billy
7. Offspring
8. Quickening
9. Lullaby
10. Dad
11. Birthday
12. Provider
13. Waiting In The Wings
14. Couplet
15. Loyalty
16. Sleep Tight
17. Forgiving
18. Double Or Nothing
19. The Price
20. A New World
21. Benediction
22. Tomorrow

Stars:

David Boreanaz
As
Angel

Charisma Carpenter
as
Cordelia Chase

Alexis Denisof
as
Wesley Wyndam-Pryce

J. August Richards
as
Charles Gunn

Andy Hallett
as
The Host

Amy Acker
as
Winifred "Fred" Burkle
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2010, 09:13:17 PM »

1. Heartthrob
Original Air Date: 9/24/2001
Even as Angel mourns Buffy's death, he must do battle against a vampire he was friends with back in the 18th century Marseilles - and whose girlfriend he has just killed.

Guest Stars:
Julie Benz
Ron Melendez
Kate Norby
Keith Szarabajka
Matthew James

My Thoughts:
This is a good episode... though I must admit I was expecting more from the first episode of a season. As you can see from the screen cap above... this one does have a flashback... which I normally love on this series.... but while it was good it didn't impress me quite as much as the previous ones all did. This is really an average episode at best.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2010, 12:08:39 AM »

2. That Vision Thing
Original Air Date: 10/1/2001
Angel is forced to help Wolfram and Hart free a man being held by the Powers That Be after the law firm hires a demon who can cause Cordelia to experience terrifying visions and pain.

Guest Stars:
Stephanie Romanov
Frank "Sotonoma" Salsedo
Daniel Dae Kim
David Denman
Julie Benz

My Thoughts:
This is a good episode. Plenty of action and a good storyline. I got to say... I liked the demon Skip. And if I remember correctly he will be in another episode as a guide for Cordelia later this (I believe this) season.

My Rating:
Pete