Author Topic: Angel Marathon  (Read 37401 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Angel Marathon
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2010, 06:27:30 PM »
19. Sanctuary

My Thoughts:
This is a great conclusion to Faith coming to LA. Plenty of excitement. And Buffy comes to town seeking vengeance. Though I do think Wesley was a little quick to help Angel after the torture he went through at the hands of Faith.  At least Cordelia taking off for a vacation while they helped Faith was a little more believable.

I just watched the very same episode (the last 4 to be precise) and I don't think Wesley would have come around so easily hadn't it been for the three Council guys. Wesley values life very high - remember when he will steal Connor to protect him?

This is very true. Though I must admit I am finding out that there is a lot I have forgotten about this series.  :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2010, 08:00:06 PM »
Angel: Season 1

21. Blind Date
Original Air Date: 5/16/2000
Lindsay McDonald, a young lawyer at Wolfram & Hart, teams up with Angel to stop the killing of three blind children who are said to be a threat to the firm.

Guest Stars:
Christian Kane
Thomas Burr
Stephanie Romanov
Sam Anderson
J. August Richards
Jennifer Badger Martin

My Thoughts:
I thought we had to wait a while before seeing Gunn again... but I was obviously mistaken about that. Though he only had a very small part in this episode. This is another one I enjoyed. I liked the blind assassin in this one.

My Rating:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 08:19:33 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2010, 09:50:45 PM »
Angel: Season 1

22. To Shanshu in L.A.
Original Air Date: 5/23/2000
Angel turns to Gunn for help when Cordelia and Wesley are attacked by a demon - although this is just the first creature Wolfram & Hart plans to send against Angel.

Guest Stars:
Elisabeth Rohm
Christian Kane
Stephanie Romanov
J. August Richards

My Thoughts:
And this brings us to the end of season one. This is a very good story... I enjoyed every minute of it. Had action and excitement from what happen to both Cordelia and Wesley... to a nice surprise ending to give us something to look forward to for season 2. A very good conclusion to the season!

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2010, 11:13:06 PM »
Angel Marathon

Angel: Season 2
Angel continues to seek redemption, but a fatal mistake makes him realize that racking up the body count isn't the way to go. So with a renewed sense of purpose, and Cordelia, Wesley and Gunn at his side, Angel sets out to make the streets of Los Angeles a little safer for everyone - unaware that Wolfram & Hart has summoned someone from his past to make sure he fails.

EPISODES:
1. Judgment
2. Are You Now or Have You Ever Been
3. First Impressions
4. Untouched
5. Dear Boy
6. Guise Will Be Guise
7. Darla
8. The Shroud of Rahmon
9. The Trial
10. Reunion
11. Redefinition
12. Blood Money
13. Happy Anniversary
14. The Thin Dead Line
15. Reprise
16. Epiphany
17. Disharmony
18. Dead End
19. Belonging
20. Over the Rainbow
21. Through the Looking Glass
22. There's No Place Like Plrtz Glrb

Stars:

David Boreanaz
As
Angel

Charisma Carpenter
as
Cordelia Chase

Alexis Denisof
as
Wesley Wyndam-Pryce

J. August Richards
as
Charles Gunn

Andy Hallett
as
The Host
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2010, 12:43:32 AM »

1. Judgment
Original Air Date: 9/26/2000
After a case of mistaken identity leads Angel to slay a demon protecting an innocent girl, karaoke is the only way to make things right. Meanwhile, Angel struggles with the discovery that he may not always be eternal and Darla recovers from her resurrection from Hell.

Guest Stars:
Christian Kane
Stephanie Romanov
Julie Benz
Eliza Dushku

My Thoughts:
Until I seen Lorne (The Host) on the cover I completely forgot about the karaoke bar. Now I am not looking forward to this season as much. The very first scene is Lorne singing a little. Then there was 2 more scenes in the bar through-out the episode. Including Angel singing (badly) Mandy. But other then that... it was a good episode... with some decent action. But I had to laugh at the end of the episode when Angel went to visit Faith in jail. And they were comparing how bad their day was... after listening to Faith say how she was attacked by another inmate with a make-shift knife and how she disarmed her but didn't killer her. Then she was beat by the guards. Angel came back with well I had to sing Barry Manilow... in front of people. We also get our first look at the old hotel that will eventually become the new home base for Angel and his team.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2010, 02:03:53 AM »

2. Are You Now or Have You Ever Been
Original Air Date: 10/3/2000
Angel directs Cordelia and Wesley to investigate a mysteriously abandoned hotel in Hollywood and as they piece together the building's dark history, they discover that his interest is that of a personal nature.

Guest Stars:
Melissa Marsala
John Kapelos
Tommy Hinkley
Brett Rickaby

My Thoughts:
This is the episode that tells how they got the old hotel for their new home base. It is a very good episode. One of my favorites. And another one that shows flashbacks to Angel's past.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2010, 08:55:06 AM »
Including Angel singing (badly) Mandy.

Oh Mandy!

Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2010, 11:24:45 PM »

3. First Impressions
Original Air Date: 10/10/2000
When Cordelia has a particularly disturbing vision of Gunn is in grave danger, she elects herself as his new protector. When she discovers that he may be his own worst enemy, she has to face the fact that she can't save him without the help of Angel and Wesley.

Guest Stars:
Julie Benz
David Herman
Chris Babers
Cedrick Terrell

My Thoughts:
A good episode. We get lots of time getting to know Gunn some in this one. him together with Cordelia for most the episode gave us some good laughs. As did Angel wearing a pink helmet while riding on the back of Wesley's motorcycle.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2010, 12:21:42 AM »

4. Untouched
Original Air Date: 10/17/2000
Angel unknowingly crosses paths with Wolfram and Hart when he comes to the aid of a young woman, Bethany , who possesses telekinetic powers far beyond her control.

Guest Stars:
Julie Benz
Stephanie Romanov
Sam Anderson
Daisy McCrackin

My Thoughts:
Not a bad episode. But not great either. While the storyline was entertaining to a point... I found I really didn't care for the Bethany character enough to really get into it.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2010, 02:08:33 AM »

5. Dear Boy
Original Air Date: 10/24/2000
Angel's continued restless nights takes him all the way back to 1860 London and his first encounter with Drusilla , but when he sees Darla in his waking life, Cordelia, Wesley and Gunn fear he has gone off the deep end and may revert to his evil ways.

Guest Stars:
Elisabeth Rohm
Christian Kane
Juliet Landau
Julie Benz

My Thoughts:
Another excellent episode. It was fun seeing Angelus (through flashbacks) with Darla and Drusilla. This is a huge Darla episode... which was cool since I have become a fan of Julie Benz between this show and Dexter.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2010, 10:34:40 PM »

6. Guise Will Be Guise
Original Air Date: 11/7/2000
Angel travels to a mystical swami to help him understand his haunting dreams and get in touch with his inner demon, but while he is away Wesley assumes Angel's identity to try to save a young girl and sort of enjoys playing the role of a vampire with a soul.

Guest Stars:
Art LaFleur
Brigid Brannagh
Patrick Kilpatrick
Todd Susman

My Thoughts:
While a decent enough episode... it was never one of my favorites. Though there was a few chuckles in it... it didn't offer much more then that. It was a bit limited on the action. Story wise it was pretty good.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2010, 11:16:27 PM »

7. Darla
Original Air Date: 11/14/2000
Angel is desperate to rescue Darla from the clutches of Wolfram & Hart and flashbacks reveal what a dangerous and powerful relationship they shared as history weirdly seems to be repeating itself.

Guest Stars:
Mark Metcalf
Christian Kane
Sam Anderson
Julie Benz
Juliet Landau
James Marsters

My Thoughts:
Another excellent episode. This time with lots of familiar faces from Buffy. This time we get to see The Master (Big Bad from season 1), Darla, Drusilla and Spike. Lots of back story in flashbacks and the continuing storyline with Darla is really getting good at this point.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2010, 11:57:03 PM »

8. The Shroud of Rahmon
Original Air Date: 11/21/2000
Angel poses as a flashy vampire hoodlum, and with the help of Gunn prevents a mind-altering shroud from falling into the wrong hands.

Guest Stars:
Elisabeth Rohm
W. Earl Brown
Dwayne L. Barnes
R. Emery Bright

My Thoughts:
A pretty good episode. It has a few chuckles in it as well as a decent story. Worth the time to watch it.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2010, 10:46:49 PM »

9. The Trial
Original Air Date: 11/28/2000
Angel is still haunted by flashbacks of his 150-year love affair with Darla and has Gunn help track her down, but he soon discovers that he is faced with an impossible choice: watch her die from a terminal illness or use his dark powers to turn her back into a vampire and give her eternal life.

Guest Stars:
Christian Kane
Sam Anderson
Julie Benz
Juliet Landau

My Thoughts:
Another very good episode. I really liked the story. I of course enjoyed the flashbacks. And thought the ending was great. I also thought the test that Angel had to go through was entertaining as well.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2010, 12:04:17 AM »

10. Reunion
Original Air Date: 12/19/2000
Angel goes on a frantic search after Drusilla turns Darla back into a vampire, and he must catch them before she rises again and the two go back to their old ways and paint the town red.

Guest Stars:
Elisabeth Rohm
Christian Kane
Stephanie Romanov
Sam Anderson
Julie Benz as Darla
Juliet Landau

My Thoughts:
Another excellent episode. I really enjoyed every minute of this one. I especially enjoyed seeing the newly vamped Darla back together with Drusilla. I been meaning to mention Cordelia's new haircut for the past few episodes. I do not care much for it at all... shorter and darker. It just don't look right to me.

My Rating:
Pete