Author Topic: Miracles Marathon  (Read 6102 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Miracles Marathon
« on: December 20, 2009, 10:21:15 PM »
Miracles Marathon

Paul Callan (Skeet Ulrich) is an investigator of modern miracles whose own faith becomes tested with each new mundane explanation.

Then something happens that changes everything.

A young boy with the power to heal saves Paul’s life — and pays for it with his own. But before the boy dies, they both see the words "God Is Now Here" written in Paul’s blood, launching Paul on an odyssey of paranormal investigation and spiritual awakening.

Paul finds a kindred spirit in a former Harvard professor turned investigator of the occult (Angus Macfadyen), who opens Paul’s eyes to the growing number of "strange occurrences" that may signal a much more sinister revelation.

Teaming up with a former police officer (Marisa Ramirez), these investigators explore the unexplained and try to find a solution to the coming "darkness" before it's too late.

Miracles Opening Credits

EPISODES:
1. The Ferguson Syndrome
2. The Friendly Skies
3. The Patient
4. Little Miss Lost
5. The Bone Scatterer
6. Hand of God
7. You Are My Sunshine
8. The Battle at Shadow Ridge
9. Mother's Daughter
10. Saint Debbie
11. The Ghost
12. The Letter
13. Paul is Dead

Stars:

Skeet Ulrich
As
Paul Callan

Angus MacFadyen
as
Alva Keel

Marisa Ramirez
as
Evelyn Santos
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Miracles Marathon
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 11:30:55 PM »
Miracles Marathon

1. The Ferguson Syndrome
Paul is sent to investigate what he ultimately comes to believe is a real miracle - a young boy named Tommy Ferguson who has the power to heal. But Tommy's gift costs him dearly after he uses it to save Paul's life - a life which, it seems, will never be the same.

Guest Stars:
Jacob Smith
Tamara Taylor
Sybil Temchen

My Thoughts:
This is a great introduction to the series. It is very well done and you can't help but to care for the characters. I thought they young boy did a great job in this episode. One of the women in this episode looked familiar. And sure enough... I knew who she was. Tamara Taylor guest stars in this episode. She is now on the series Bones as Dr. Camille Saroyan. This episode really grabs you from the start when Paul must debunk a miracle where a nun that has been dead for over 100 years was dug up to be moved... only to discover she looks like she died the day before. Excellent episode!

My Rating:
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 10:22:45 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 05:16:38 PM »
Miracles Marathon

2. The Friendly Skies
Paranormal investigators Paul Callan, Alva Keel and Evelyn Santos try to determine why a commercial airplane temporarily disappeared from radar - and why, during those unaccountable moments, the flight's passengers actually experienced their innermost thoughts, fears and fantasies.

Guest Stars:
Ann Cusack
Ashley Edner
Christopher Cousins

My Thoughts:
This is a pretty good episode. But definitely not a favorite. I found it to be a bit on the slow side. Some of the early episodes are a bit hit and miss. This one just happened to be a miss for me.

My Rating:
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 10:23:07 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 05:51:09 PM »
Miracles Marathon

3. The Patient
Paul's investigation into the link between paranormal abilities and disease takes a very personal turn when he develops a relationship with a noted scientist's daughter.

Guest Stars:
Clarence Williams III
Jade Carter
Gina Ravera

My Thoughts:
I liked this one. It is an interesting story. Has enough suspense to  make you not want to look away from the screen the entire episode. Clarence Williams III has become a right familiar face to me. He seems to appear in several movies and shows that I have.

My Rating:
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 10:23:36 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 12:32:39 PM »
Miracles Marathon

4. Little Girl Lost
A little girl keeps appearing to Paul Callan just before several disasters occur, causing him to wonder if she is responsible for them and, if so, why?

Guest Stars:
Gloria Stuart
Allisyn Ashley Arm
James Greene
Melinda Page Hamilton

My Thoughts:
This is one of my favorite episodes. I was glued to the screen watching this episode. There is something extra eerie about a ghost story when it is about the ghost of a young child. And I must admit... they got a good effect with little effort. just a little bit of a couple different shades of gray makeup on the face of a good child actress. This kid must of been good at taking direction as you could just see the pain and sorrow in her face. I just loved this episode... everyone did an excellent job!

My Rating:
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 10:24:00 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 12:45:06 PM »
Miracles Marathon

5. The Bone Scatterer
A teenager's nightmares seem to lead to the deaths of those around him, prompting Paul to pay him a visit. Upon his arrival, Paul is concerned about the behavior of the boy's controlling father and tries to figure out the disturbing truths about this family before more lives are lost.

Guest Stars:
Michele Greene
Christopher Marquette
John Walcutt
Matthew Newton

My Thoughts:
While watching this one I kept thinking I know this teen from somewhere. About half way through the episode I remembered where I knew him from. Christopher Marquette is one of the main stars of the TV Series Joan of Arcadia which lasted for 2 years. Another series I enjoy but haven't watched in a while. It is a good story. Very entertaining. Though I did find it somewhat predictable. Even though it went in the direction I thought it would... that didn't take away from the story.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 02:06:25 PM »
Miracles Marathon

6. The Hand of God
Paul comes under investigation by the police after a woman is found murdered in her home, leaving behind her diary where she had sketched his name and image, along with the words "God is nowhere".

Guest Stars:
Blake Bashoff
John Thaddeus
Pat Skipper
Robert Clotworthy

My Thoughts:
This is the final episode to air on ABC in it's original run. Thankfully they gave us the entire 13 episodes on this DVD collection. This episode is an interesting one as it continues with the series long storyline. But it did seem a little slow to me. This episode completes the second disc in the set.

My Rating:
Pete

snowcat

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2009, 02:11:51 PM »
I had not heard of this series until you started to review it Pete... It sounds interesting I may have to pick it up at some point.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2009, 02:20:30 PM »
It is definitely entertaining. Especially if you like shows that explore the paranormal. I seen this series described as X-Files without the skeptic partner. Which is true... but I would also add that many of the episodes does deal with religion as he did start out investigating Miracles for the church.
Pete

snowcat

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2009, 02:22:37 PM »
Yeah, I really like the Xfiles, its a series I need to finish getting the boxsets of, I only have 1 and 2. but I think ill definitely look out for this.

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2009, 06:53:16 PM »
I mostly remember Miracles for the letter shift in a key phrase, which hadn't occured to me before.

(click to show/hide)
Matthias