Author Topic: Addicted2comics(:P)'s Official Review Thread!!!  (Read 98841 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: Addicted2comics(:P)'s Official Review Thread!!!
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2009, 06:27:01 AM »
It's an official rule? When the secret rules committee had decided this? Do I need to start a thread asking to update the rules?

;D

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2009, 09:15:43 AM »
What's a "rule"? :laugh:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2009, 06:56:01 AM »
We have rules?  When did that happen? ;)

I watch Spongebob sometimes.  I loved Rocko's Modern Life.  I still find it on every so often when I check Nicktoons..though I keep forgetting which channel that is.

addicted2comics(:P)

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2009, 03:19:35 AM »

Land of the Lost

Description:On his latest expedition, Dr. Rick Marshall is sucked into a space-time vortex alongside his research assistant and a redneck survivalist. In this alternate universe, the trio make friends with a primate named Chaka, their only ally in a world full of dinosaurs and other fantastic creatures.

My Thoughts: It was great, very hilarious in the begining. They changed a lot of things up which is fine. It had a lot of jokes which I really wouldn't find all that funny, considering the two making jokes are adult men, so there really wouldn't be a basis of relating to it, but a lot was funny, like at one point Rick was eaten by "Grumpy" and then pooped out! For these reasons I will give it a 4 out of 5.

snowcat

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2009, 10:52:21 AM »
 :thumbup: Grumpy is one of my favourite characters!

« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2009, 04:20:16 AM »
cool, I'm planning on hitting some Christmas shows tomorrow.

« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2009, 07:03:39 PM »
Ok, this disc comes with two Christmas Specials, so I'll review them both at once! :P

Frosty's Winter Wonderland/Twas the Night Before Christmas

Plot: Frosty has returned from the North Pole and feels lonely as he watches the children retreat inside -- where he'd melt -- each night. So the kids build him a snow-wife named Crystal and a snow parson to marry them. Meanwhile jealous ice-blue Jack Frost tries to quash Frosty's popularity with the children, but finds out it's not as easy as it looks.

In Twas the Night Before Christmas, Scrooge-like Albert Mouse, who calls Christmas "a fradulent myth" and intercepts letters to Santa Claus written by the Children of Junctionville.The skeptical rodent must be brought to his senses "and let up a little on the wonder why."

My Thoughts: Frosty is a cute little story hear where he takes a wife, and it's kinda fun watching Jack Frost trying to take up all the attention. All the same, it's geared toward the younger crowd, classic it may be, so I think all I can give that piece is a 3 out of 5.

In Twas the Night Before Christmas, it's cool how it's reaching a new generaion for kids to understand Scrooge, and at the same time being comical, talking mice and all. It's real cute seeing the people trying to make Santa happy, but still a little juvenile for my taste, though it's wonderful and traditional around Christmas, earns a 3.5 out of 5.

« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2009, 08:41:59 PM »

Dr. Suess' How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Plot: The classic story of a creature in Whovile who plots to stop Christmas from coming, brought to life by none other than Jim Carrey.

My Thoughts: First let me start off by saying Jim Carrey is one of my favorite comedy actors ever. I like how the writers went into the Grinch's past, explained why he hated Christmas, and gave him a love life. It was hilarious at every turn in my opinion, but nothing really made me laugh out loud.I'll give this movie a 4 out of 5.

Critter

« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2009, 10:49:03 PM »
I was never a fan of any Grinch film adaptions, especially this one. Not that I don't like the story, it's just.... his fingers are so creepy  :bag:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2009, 11:24:47 PM »
 :laugh:
Pete

snowcat

« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2009, 11:30:31 PM »
I remember how this film came out around the same time as Shrek. I remember my aunt getting it for my cousins and they hated it, they told her to swap it for Shrek so she gave it to us and bought them Shrek.

Hmm, its so, so. I think Carey is very hit and miss sometimes, I prefer his serious roles though :p Eternal Sunshine is my favourite film hes been in.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2009, 11:34:18 PM »
I always liked the more comedic roles myself. One of my favorites is Liar, Liar.
Pete

snowcat

« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2009, 11:40:03 PM »
Dumb and Dumber, The Mask, Ace Ventura and Batman Forever are the only comedic performances I enjoyed of his, these are also films I associate heavily with my childhood and when my cousins came to visit every weekend.

I think ive said before that Batman Forever is my favourite Batman film.

... Unfortunately, I don't know If I like him in the films or if I like the films for sentimental reasons. either way, I did not like Christmas Carol  :tease:

Critter

« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2009, 11:45:50 PM »
Ive never really liked Jim Careys comedic roles. In fact I don't like him in much apart from Eternal Sunshine.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2009, 11:48:35 PM »
My favorite Carey role is still "Truman Show". Shortly after that "Eternal Sunshine".