Author Topic: No Ordinary Famly Episode Reviews  (Read 3315 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
No Ordinary Famly Episode Reviews
« on: November 07, 2012, 11:26:21 PM »

Episode Reviews
After 16 years of marriage, Jim (Michael Chiklis, "The Shield," Fantastic Four) feels disconnected from his workaholic wife, Stephanie (Julie Benz, "Dexter"), and two teenage children. To encourage bonding time, the family joins Stephanie on her business trip to South America. When their plane crashes into the Amazon River, they barely enjoy a moment to celebrate their survival before returning to the grind of everyday life. But they will soon realize that their lives have been forever changed. Each member of the family starts to show signs of new, unique and distinct superpowers. Will their newfound abilities finally bring them together or push them further apart?

Stars:
Michael Chiklis as Jim Powell
Julie Benz as Stephanie Powell
Kay Panabaker as Daphne Powell
Jimmy Bennett as JJ Powell
Autumn Reeser as Katie Andrews
Romany Malco as George St. Cloud
          EPISODES:
1. Pilot
2. No Ordinary Marriage
3. No Ordinary Ring
4. No Ordinary Vigilante
5. No Ordinary Quake
6. No Ordinary Visitors
7. No Ordinary Mobster
8. No Ordinary Accident
9. No Ordinary Anniversary
10. No Ordinary Sidekick
11. No Ordinary Friends
12. No Ordinary Brother
13. No Ordinary Detention
14. No Ordinary Double Standard
15. No Ordinary Powell
16. No Ordinary Proposal
17. No Ordinary Love
18. No Ordinary Animal
19. No Ordinary Future
20. No Ordinary Beginning

« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 11:37:29 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: No Ordinary Famly Episode Reviews
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 11:51:23 PM »
1. Pilot
A flight to South America has a far greater impact on the Powells' family dynamic than they had planned.

My Thoughts:
This is a very good pilot episode. It sets up the series well. my favorite character has to be Stephanie Powell. Though that may be because I am a long time fan of Julie Benz. I have liked her since her days in Buffy and Angel. In this series... after a plane crash in some strange glowing waters the family develop superpowers. She (the mother) has the power of speed... much like The Flash. Then her husband is super strong and is all but invincible. Their daughter ended up being able to read minds... and their son has a supped-up brain. Both parents has a friend that they share their secret with. What comes to a surprise for them.... is they find out they are not the only ones out there with abilities. They come across some criminals with powers as well.

My Rating:
0ut of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 12:22:31 AM »
2. No Ordinary Marriage
The Powells keep secrets from each other as JJ hides his new ability from everyone, and Jim and Stephanie secretly break their promises to the other not to use their powers. Meanwhile, Jim takes on bank robbers and Stephanie attempts to determine the source of their powers.

My Thoughts:
Another good episode... though not quite as good as the pilot. We find out that Stephanie's power of speed also affects her healing. As her injuries (she tripped while running at top speed) heal extremely fast.

My Rating:
0ut of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 12:46:28 AM »
3. No Ordinary Ring
Jim and George crash a wedding to catch the thieves who stole Stephanie's wedding ring. Meanwhile, Stephanie is forced to break into a secure lab to retrieve Katie's blood sample after the lab tech substitutes her blood for Stephanie's to protect her, Daphne considers telling a friend about her powers, and JJ asks his sister to read a girl's mind and find out if she likes him.

My Thoughts:
This one I liked a lot... right up there with the pilot episode. Stephanie's wedding ring was stolen while they were at a friend's wedding. And of course that don't sit well with Jim... who obsesses about getting it back for her.

My Rating:
0ut of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 01:37:23 AM »
4. No Ordinary Vigilante
Jim is mistaken for a vigilante while trying to protect people in the park at night. Meanwhile, Daphne uses her powers to get herself invited to a party she normally wouldn't have been considered for.

My Thoughts:
Another one I liked a lot. I am really enjoying revisiting this series. JJ (the son) learns he can apply his abilities to get onto the football team. And at this point he is still hiding the fact he even has abilities from his parents. And Daphne (the daughter) gets herself in some trouble when she uses her powers to go to a party that she wasn't invited to.

My Rating:
0ut of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 04:12:05 AM »
I really wish they would have continued this show.  Sure bits were .. clunky .. but hey over all it was a fun show to watch.
Thank you
David

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 05:49:17 AM »
Pete, I would have thought, even would have sworn, you did episode reviews for this show before :headscratch:

I really wish they would have continued this show.  Sure bits were .. clunky .. but hey over all it was a fun show to watch.
I completely agree.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 12:14:15 PM »
I actually thought so too... but when I did a search on the site it couldn't find anything.

This has actually happened many times before... not being able to find a thread I knew existed.... makes me wonder if the site somehow looses/deletes threads at times.
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 11:27:13 PM »
I think you did before too.
I know I was thinking the same thing last month..I am almost positive that I've posted about some movies here before, but when I tried to look to double check that, I couldn't find them.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 05:40:37 AM »
Well, so I googled it.

You did do it before, but not in it's own thread. It is in the "Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched" thread, reviewed by disc (in September 2011). :)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 05:12:23 PM »
Thanks Achim...  Surprised it didn't come up in my search anyway.
Pete