Author Topic: My 25 Days of Christmas Marathon  (Read 25469 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: My 25 Days of Christmas Marathon
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2007, 07:29:32 PM »
yeah Jon... wasn't the easiest thing in the world to handle... but she definitely makes me very proud... not even a hint of trouble from her... and excellent in school. She is a straight A student... just like her mom. As for me in school... lets just say I plead the 5th.  :P

But Brittany makes it all worth while... watching her grow up was some  of my happiest moments of my life. There really is nothing like fatherhood... even if you do have to be a parent alone. Worth every second.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2007, 11:18:34 PM »
December 4th

The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries: Will the Real Santa...
The distinction between who's naughty and who's nice becomes blurred as Nancy works to restore the honor of a gentleman who is accused of burglary -- and who claims to be Santa Claus.

My Thoughts:
I thought I would let Brittany pick out something to watch today... and she picked this. She loves Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew. Was a fun episode... we both enjoyed it. Unfortunately I didn't get the chance to watch anything else today... as I had a lot of running around to do today... I hate when real life gets in the way of my DVD watching.  :P
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2007, 11:24:33 PM »
Hey Pete - how come you're still using your Halloween Marathon avatar? :redcard:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2007, 11:47:57 PM »
lol... that is just my love of horror movies... I have always used a horror movie icon for my avatar... but for you... Let me see what I can do!  :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2007, 12:07:16 AM »
Is that better Kathy?.... Ho Ho Ho!... Scary Christmas!  :laugh:
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2007, 01:30:35 AM »
 :laugh: :thanks: Scary Christmas point awarded!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2007, 01:34:59 AM »
LOL... well thank you my dear... +1 for you too
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2007, 09:15:25 PM »
December 5th

Badder Santa
Hollywood favorites Billy Bob Thornton ('The Alamo'), Bernie Mac ('Mr. 3000') and John Ritter (TV's '8 Simple Rules For Dating My Teenage Daughter') kick it up a notch in this unrated version of the outrageous comedy hit 'Bad Santa'. You'd better watch out - Santa Claus Willie T. Stokes (Thornton) is coming to town and he 'doesn't care' if you've been naughty or nice. Willie's favorite holiday tradition is to fill his sacks with loot lifted from shopping malls across the country. But this year his plot gets derailed by a wisecracking store detective (Mac), a sexy bartender (Lauren Graham - TV's 'Gilmore Girls') and a kid who's convinced Willie is the real Santa Claus! You're sure to believe in 'Bad Santa - The Unrated Version'...once you experience this longer, funnier and more explicit motion picture!

My Thoughts:
When I first heard about this movie... all I heard was rave reviews. Today is the first time I ever seen it.... but I just don't see what all those reviewers saw. I didn't find it that funny at all.... maybe it is just not my type of humor. I mean... it was ok... and I probably will watch it again next season... but that is about it in my opinion. I normally like John Ritter... but I found myself not even liking his work in this movie. A shame... I heard that this movie was so good... and hilarious.... Maybe after I heard my expectations was up too high. Maybe I will like it better the next time I watch it.
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2007, 12:24:26 AM »
Oh dear this one is on my marathon list too. At least I won't go into it with high expectations!

Najemikon

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2007, 12:29:40 AM »
I liked it. It appealed to my twisted sense of humour! However, it wasn't a keeper...  ;)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2007, 12:23:08 AM »
December 6th

The Twilight Zone: Night of the Meek
Christmas in the Twilight Zone. Art Carney is a forlorn department store Santa who takes to drinking - only to find himself experiencing the nicest Christmas ever!

My Thoughts:
One of my favorite episodes of Twilight Zone... though I do have to admit I haven't ever seen most episodes. I need to look through the set (complete series set) and see if there is any other Christmas episodes. Though I do doubt it.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2007, 12:04:38 AM »
December 7th

Doogie Howser, MD: Doogie the Red-Nosed Reindeer
Doogie fakes being sick to skip out of working the night shift on Christmas Eve so he can go to a party.

My Thoughts:
I always enjoyed this series... and is one that you never see on TV anymore. This episode is pretty good... but not what I would call one of the best episodes.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2007, 02:53:32 PM »
December 8th

The Santa Clause
Superstar comedian and Golden Globe winner* Tim Allen shines bright in Disney's magical, larger-than-life hit comedy that 'People Magazine' dubbed "the most playfully amusing, inventive cinematic...fable in several decades

Rooftop clatter leads to merry adventure after Santa falls down on the job, and Scott Calvin's son Charlie convinces dad to try on the red suit. Eight reindeer pilot the pair to the North Pole, where they soon discover that by donning the famous suit, dad must now accept all of Santa's duties! Over the next year, a surprised, not-so-jolly Scott grows a Santa-sized tummy and beard, causing friends, family and business associates to wonder if he's lost his marbles. All except Charlie, who thinks his dad is perfectly suited for his new job!

Each well-kept secret of the North Pole is revealed in Disney's hilarious and heartwarming tale that's "destined to become a holiday classic" ('New York Post'). Now you can unwrap all the magic of the holidays any day of the year!

My Thoughts:
I have to admit... This year I have had a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit... so much so that I was wondering if I would at all. So I had to pull out "The Santa Clause"... this is the movie that never fails when I feel this way for some reason. I have just always found this movie to be so much fun and for some reason always brings out the Christmas Spirit in me. I think Tim Allen makes the perfect Santa in this movie. Now I am off to watch the second movie.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2007, 05:22:07 PM »

The Santa Clause 2
Walt Disney Pictures presents an all-new comedy adventure overflowing with holiday cheer. Tim Allen reappears in 'Santa Clause 2' , the hilarious sequel to everybody's holiday favorite. Scott Calvin (Allen) has been Santa for the past 8 years, and his loyal elves consider him the best one ever. But Scott's got problems. His son Charlie landed on this year's "naughty" list, and if Scott doesn't marry before Christmas Eve - one very, very short month away - he'll stop being Santa forever. Embracing Chrsitmas and the magic of family with heart, warmth, fun and charm, 'Santa Clause 2' is classic holiday entertainment everybody will enjoy again and again.

My Thoughts:
This is a pretty good sequel. I enjoyed it quite a bit. But this one was not as good as the first one. I think the only real problem I have with it is the whole Toy Santa storyline. That part just didn't feel right to me, personally. Other then that I enjoyed every minute of it... and watch it every year right after watching "The Santa Clause"... it never fails... I always have to have a double feature when watching these movies.

I don't have part 3 of this series yet.... and I have heard some bad things about it. But as much as I enjoyed the first 2 I still MUST see the 3rd one once I can get my hands on it.
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2007, 05:50:33 PM »
I don't have part 3 of this series yet.... and I have heard some bad things about it. But as much as I enjoyed the first 2 I still MUST see the 3rd one once I can get my hands on it.

I think this must be a chronic condition of DVD collectors...if there's a sequel one MUST get it! Somehow shelves filled with DVDs don't seem right if there's a missing sequel out there.

I can't help you with your sickness but I can award a point to take the edge off! :laugh: