Author Topic: DVDCollectors third annual November Alphabet Marathon  (Read 13030 times)

snowcat

Re: DVDCollectors third annual November Alphabet Marathon
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2009, 09:28:54 PM »
Im at 12 but I think im about 4 reviews behind :S in process of writing a few now!

richierich

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2009, 01:16:55 AM »
I crossed the line this evening, suddenly having enforced free time enabled me to get in some pretty hefty viewing over the last few days.
Quick burst with the new Unit Series 4, then I'm ready for films again in December.

lyonsden5

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2009, 01:20:07 AM »
might not make my 12  :bag:

:training:  :tv:

Rogmeister

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2009, 02:20:39 AM »
I think I'm now at 15 or 16 to go...but I might not make it now because my DVD player stopped working on me.  After I get offline I need to hook up an older machine and see if it still works.  I need to find a good dependable dirt-cheap player.  This will teach me to take the word of a Wal-Mart employee!  :redcard:

Update: Since writing the above, I hooked up an older machine (an Emerson) to my TV that I had been using on an old TV here in the computer room until that TV went bad (it still works but it only shows in black & white now).  This older system still works okay so I'll use it until it either goes bad itself or I get around to getting a new one.  The machine that stopped working is going in the trash tomorrow.  :thumbdown:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 03:46:32 AM by Rogmeister »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2009, 05:20:13 AM »
might not make my 12  :bag:

:training:  :tv:

Maybe reduce to vowels...? :devil:

lyonsden5

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2009, 12:11:28 PM »

Najemikon

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2009, 12:46:27 AM »
I crossed the line this evening, suddenly having enforced free time enabled me to get in some pretty hefty viewing over the last few days.
Quick burst with the new Unit Series 4, then I'm ready for films again in December.

Right behind you, fella! I'm done too: List:yahoo:

Can't believe I've done all 27 with time to spare.  :stars: Thanks to all those who kept up and I hope I gave you a few wishlist ideas because you've certainly done so for me.  :cheers:

Rogmeister

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2009, 12:55:21 AM »
I doubt I will finish my own list.  I don't think I'll have enough time at home...and I'm on dialysis and days I have that, it tires me out so much I just want to crash for a few hours.  Speaking of that, I have to get offline in a few minutes to do just that...

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2009, 12:56:52 AM »
Now you make me look lazy Jon :laugh:
One more episode to watch in the 8th seasons of the X-Files and I'll run with my last 3 movies...

It will be hard to wait to start the last one... I know the end, but this season is so great compare with the previous one it isn't easy to take a pause. Of course I've always prefered the episode about the conspiracy something really missing in the season 7 ::)

Najemikon

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2009, 01:01:16 AM »
Hell of thing to make you look slow, Jimmy! By the way, I meant to say I'd be interested in your thoughts on two that I did: Lust, Caution (features copious amounts of sex, which you have a more thorough view on than the rest of us!) and the last one, Three ...Extremes (bunch of freaky horrors). That's one that might interest Pete too.

I doubt I will finish my own list.  I don't think I'll have enough time at home...and I'm on dialysis and days I have that, it tires me out so much I just want to crash for a few hours.  Speaking of that, I have to get offline in a few minutes to do just that...

Roger, I think I speak for us all when I say we enjoy your reviews. We might make it sound like it's a race and we must finish at all costs! But it really isn't. It's just a fun way to get the best out of your collection.

I'll let you into a secret... I hardly ever do the "timed" marathons and it's even rarer for me to finish. :bag: So take it easy and keep well.  :D

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2009, 06:05:48 AM »
I have one more to go tomorrow evening (planning to see Two-Lane Blacktop). I needed to have time to spare due to my trip starting on 11/29.

Rogmeister

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2009, 02:08:10 PM »
Thanks, Jon...I appreciate the kind thoughts.  I will try to finish this marathon but it might take me into December to do so.  I did about 7 movies last weekend...so maybe I can try to do something like that this weekend as well...which might get me closer.

lyonsden5

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2009, 08:32:31 PM »
Well I finished with 10 of my 12. Considering the month I had that's pretty good. I got to watch a few movies that I really enjoyed and a few I didn't. All but one of them I had not seen before.  I even gave a double yucky score on one of them  :laugh: It was good to watch some of the old movies. I think I may in the future continue with the holly legends type theme. I have a lot of the Signature Series DVDs, which are perfect for this type of theme.

I enjoyed participating and reading everyone elses reviews. I look forward to joining in in future marathon (even if I do "just the vowels"  :laugh: )

Rogmeister

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2009, 09:25:25 PM »
Well, I haven't watched any for 2-3 days due to Thanksgiving but I did finally just watch another...my "E"...and it's not even a western!  :laugh:  Once I write and post my review of that, I will move to my "K"...which IS a western  :P but at least it's short (only about an hour as most "B" westerns were) so that will let  me reach at least a third review later today.

Najemikon

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2009, 09:49:04 PM »
I enjoyed participating and reading everyone elses reviews. I look forward to joining in in future marathon (even if I do "just the vowels"  :laugh: )

:laugh: I enjoy your reviews, Rick, so thank you for taking the time to do them. I especially liked your efforts with the one you hadn't seen the middle bit of!