Author Topic: Pete's Pilots  (Read 62422 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Pete's Pilots
« Reply #210 on: April 20, 2010, 04:15:54 PM »

Millennium
Retired serial-profiler Frank Black has moved his family to Seattle to escape the violence and horror he dealt with while working for the FBI in Washington, D.C. Although his uncanny and often unsetting ability to see into the twisted minds of serial killers has caused him much inner torment, Black knows his "gift" can still be used to help protect and save others. For that reason he has joined the Millennium Group, a team of ex-law enforcement experts dedicated to fighting against the ever-growing forces of evil and darkness in the world.

Pilot
Frank hunts for a murderer trying to fulfill an apocalyptic prophercy and discovers that his own past has followed him and his family to there new home in Seattle.

My Thoughts:
This is a great series starring Lance Henriksen. The pilot episode sets up the series well. After watching the pilot episode I fell like I could watch entire series again. But I think I better put that one off a while.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 20, 2010, 04:18:47 PM »

Miracles
A young boy with the power to heal saves Paul’s life — and pays for it with his own. But before the boy dies, they both see the words "God Is Now Here" written in Paul’s blood, launching Paul on an odyssey of paranormal investigation and spiritual awakening.

Paul finds a kindred spirit in a former Harvard professor turned investigator of the occult (Angus Macfadyen), who opens Paul’s eyes to the growing number of "strange occurrences" that may signal a much more sinister revelation.

Teaming up with a former police officer (Marisa Ramirez), these investigators explore the unexplained and try to find a solution to the coming "darkness" before it's too late.

The Ferguson Syndrome
Paul is sent to investigate what he ultimately comes to believe is a real miracle - a young boy named Tommy Ferguson who has the power to heal. But Tommy's gift costs him dearly after he uses it to save Paul's life - a life which, it seems, will never be the same.

My Thoughts:
This is a great introduction to the series. It is very well done and you can't help but to care for the characters. I thought they young boy did a great job in this episode. One of the women in this episode looked familiar. And sure enough... I knew who she was. Tamara Taylor guest stars in this episode. She is now on the series Bones as Dr. Camille Saroyan. This episode really grabs you from the start when Paul must debunk a miracle where a nun that has been dead for over 100 years was dug up to be moved... only to discover she looks like she died the day before. Excellent episode!

My Rating:

NOTE: This review was taken from my Miracles Marathon thread.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 20, 2010, 09:54:33 PM »

Monk
He's ingenious, he's phobic, he's obsessive-compulsive. Emmy®* and Golden Globe®** Award winner "TONY SHALHOUB is a riot" (TV Guide) in Monk, the show that critics are praising as "fresh, exciting and utterly original." (Chicago Tribune)

Monk's hilarious, offbeat antics have made him unfit for duty but he's back as a police consultant to help out on their most baffling cases. The brilliant but neurotic Monk is now fighting crime as well as his abnormal fears of germs, cars heights, crowds and virtually everything else known to man in "the best detective show to come along in decades." (New York Post)

"Nothing on TV generated more fun than this" (Los Angeles Times) and now you can enjoy the entire first season of Monk on DVD.

Mr. Monk and the Candidate
Monk investigates an assassination attempt on Mayoral Candidate Warren St. Claire, and learns there's more at play than meets the eye.

My Thoughts:
I always found this to be a fun series. The mysteries are usually secondary to the comedy... but I must admit the mystery in this pilot episode was really enjoyable.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 17, 2010, 05:11:15 PM »

Monster Squad
Originally screend on Saturday mornings on NBC in the late 70's The show stars Fred Grandy (The Love Boat) as Walt, a criminology student working as a night watchman in a wax museum. To pass the time, Walt built a prototype "Crime Computer". When Walt plugged in his Crime Computer, the "oscillating vibrations" broght to life three legendary monsters. Dracula, The Werewolf and Frankenstein. These creatures hated and feared for centuries are now determined to make up for their past misdeeds by using their unique abilities to fight crime and bust super villians wherever they find them. Together they are the Monster Squad!

Monster Squad was a hugely popular Saturday morning kids action adventure series created by the same team that brought you the infamous 1960's Batman series. Now for the first time ever on DVD see all 13 episodes of this classic series now fully restored to it's former glory!

Queen Bee
The Queen Bee (Alice Ghostley) tries to make Dracula her mate...

My Thoughts:
This show I wouldn't expect any adult to get for themselves for any other reason then pure nostalgia. This is not what you would call interesting for an adult mind. I only got this set because I watched it as a kid. And let me tell you it is hard to watch as an adult. Sure there is a little nostalgia for me on watching it. But there is no way I could watch any more then 1 episode here and there.

My Raitng:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 17, 2010, 07:17:26 PM »

Moonlight
Any private eye knows a lot about other people's secrets. L.A. private eye Mick St. John (Alex O'Loughlin) has a secret of his own. He's a vampire, dwelling in a covert netherworld complicated by friendship with an undead finance honcho (Jason Dohring), memories of the alluring ex-wife (Shannyn Sossamon) who turned him into a vampire, and a relationship with a human (Sophia Myles) he feels drawn to protect – and maybe to love. But no matter how tempting, Mick knows a vampire-human romance is eternally dangerous.

This 16-episode, 4-disc set of the series voted the 2008 People's Choice Award for Favorite New TV Drama is a sure entertainment bet for all who like their vampire stories sleek, intense and passionate.

No Such Thing as Vampires
A Hearst College coed with a thing for vampires turns up dead - with two puncture wounds in her neck.

My Thoughts:
This is a show I liked a lot when it originally aired. It is one that just wasn't treated right at the time. You never knew when it was going to be on or not. Making it hard to keep track of. Because of this it got canceled much earlier then it should have. I mean this one won a People's Choice Award for favorite new series. But yet it is canceled because of the ratings? Sorry that don't make much sense to me.

Sure this is a story that has been told over and over again. The vampire that wants to redeem himself. But this one is interesting and had enough new and different views on the vampire legend that made it an entertaining show to watch. His friend is played by Jason Dohring... who played Logan on Veronica Mars. My least favorite character on that series. But on this show... I really liked him on here.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 09, 2010, 11:07:50 PM »

Mork and Mindy
Wild, wacky and operating at warp speed, meet Mork from planet Ork - the maniacal alien of Mork & Mindy, the riotous television sitcom presented in this complete "Season One" DVD collection. Actor-comedian Robin Williams zoomed to stardom with co-star Pam Dawber in this laugh-filled comedy series spawned from a 1978 episode of Happy Days.

Dispatched from Ork in his egg-shaped spacecraft, the lovable Orkan hurtles to Earth near the town of Boulder, Colorado, where he is befriended by pretty college student Mindy McConnell (Dawber). Mork's mission is to observe the bizarre customs of the earthlings and then report back to his great Orkan leader, Orson. He tries his best to adapt to his new environment - not an easy task when you innocently wear your clothes backwards, sit in a chair upside down, or blurt out "Shazbot!" when things go awry. It's an out-of-this-world series of laughs and escapades when human being meets humanoid hurricane in Mork & Mindy.

Mork and Mindy Special
Free-spirited alien Mork (Robin Williams), from the planet Ork, is sent to Earth to observe it's primitive society and then report back to his Orkan superior, Orson. He lands in Boulder, Colorado, where he meets Earthling Mindy McConnell (Pam Dawber), who allows him to stay at her apartment despite discovering that he is an alien. Mork tells Minday about a previous visit to Earth, when Arthur "The Fonz" Fonzarelli (Henry Winkler) arranged a date for him with Laverne De Fazio (Penny Marshal).

My Thoughts:
This is a series I always enjoyed. This first episode is double length. And we get to see clips of Fonzie and Laverne (Laverne & Shirley). I always got a kick out of Robin Williams in this series. I especially enjoyed the back and forth between Mork and the cop in this one. And then Mork vs the psychiatrist was just plain hilarious. As of right now I have the first 2 seasons of this show. I want to get the 3rd before too long... and I hope the fourth (final) season will be released eventually.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 09, 2010, 11:09:57 PM »
I added The Unusuals to the pilots I need to watch. I also noticed I only need series that starts with the letters Y and Z to have a show from every letter of the alphabet. Not sure what shows I could buy to do this though.
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #217 on: June 09, 2010, 11:32:44 PM »
I'm hoping for the last season of Mork and Mindy to be released too.

Wasn't there a Zorro series years ago?

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 09, 2010, 11:35:56 PM »
Now that you mention it... yeah... I believe Disney did a Zorro series.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 09, 2010, 11:36:44 PM »

Murphy Brown
Here to cheer are all 22 hilarious Season One episodes (plus bonus features) of the groundbreaking series that won 18 Emmy Awards - including two for Best Comedy Series - during it's outstanding 10-season run. Candice Bergen portrays Murphy Brown, star reporter for Washington DC-based news magazine 'FYI', delivering a performance so funny and dynamic that she earned five of those Emmys as Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series (including one for this debut season). The colorful 'FYI' crew backs her up, giving everything from romance to friendship, national politics to office politics a zingy comeuppance.

Respect:
Murphy returns to FYI after "drying out" at the Betty Ford clinic. The show has undergone some changes while she was gone, including the addition of a beauty queen to the anchor desk and a new young executive producer. In her first week back she isn't sure whether she still has her edge.

My Thoughts:
While a pretty good show... it was never one of my favorites. Though I did always get a kick out of her always changing assistants. Even if they were to get more seasons released.... I would get them... but would wait till I could get them cheap. Thinking around the $15 area.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #220 on: June 09, 2010, 11:40:18 PM »
I liked this show..I really liked Eldin....least I think that was his name..The painter and how he just never left.  The ever changing assistants were entertaining too.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 09, 2010, 11:41:08 PM »
Yeah... Elden was pretty cool too.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 10, 2010, 12:46:13 AM »

My Hero
Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Thermoman – earth's busiest superhero, who lives in England as healthstore owner, George Sunday. Trouble is George is from the planet Ultron and not used to the ways of the world. But his love affair with Janet soon opens his eyes to earthly customs.

My Hero
Just another day, Janet's mother is being a pest, Piers fancies himself more than anyone, Mrs. Raven is scaring the patients and Janet has fallen for Thermoman.

My Thoughts:
As most of you know I always enjoy most anything to do with Superheroes. And this comedy from the UK is a lot of fun! Sure it is pretty silly. But that is part of the fun. Here in the US we have the first 2 seasons of this series. I would definitely like to see some more released.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 10, 2010, 12:15:47 PM »

Mysteries, Magic & Miracles
From the boundries of the universe to the depth of your soul, embark on a journey of the unexplained in MYSTERIES, MAGIC AND MIRACLES

Due to popular demand and nearly 10 years since it's debut, the Sci-Fi Channel's #1rated series, MYSTERIES, MAGIC AND MIRACLES Season 1, finally can be seen uncut and unedited in this specially packaged 3 disc set!

Join Patric Macnee as he travels the globein search of the world's mostbaffling stories and real events. MYSTERIES, MAGIC AND MIRACLES Season 1 brings back all those great stories from actual cases and real events. Infamous myths are put on trialas we try to answer those questions of the unsolved and unexplained.

MYSTERIES, MAGIC AND MIRACLES Season 1 invites you once again to travel with us to the world's greatest documented mysteries and the unexplained phenomena with real, never before seen footage, photos, and eyewitnesses. Shot entirely on location, you will see world renowned experts provide the astounding truths behinds the MYSTERIES, the MAGIC, and the MIRACLES!

Episode One
Facts and fiction of UFO sightings, Qi Gong and the magic behind witchcraft.

My Thoughts:
This is a pretty good documentary series on the strange and unusual. But I have seen better. I have seen so much on UFOs and witchcraft that there was nothing new to me here. Though the Qi Gong is something I knew nothing about before this episode. The series is really brief on each subject... considering they cover 3 subjects in a single 22 minute episode.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 10, 2010, 01:41:25 PM »

NCIS
N.C.I.S.: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON follows an elite team of special agents who operate outside the military chain of command. Led by Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs (Mark Harmon), a tough, highly skilled investigator who's willing to bend the rules to get the job done, this tight-knit crew travel the world investigating everything from murder and espionage to terrorism and kidnapping in this 6-disc set featuring all 23 pulse-pounding episodes from this unique and dynamic show that's "...taught, smart and wonderfully unpredictable."

Yankee White
A Navy commander carrying the "football" on Air Force One collapses mid-flight and dies.

My Thoughts:
This is a start of an awesome series.  I have been hooked since day one... when this episode first aired. I really enjoyed every one of the main characters from the very first episode. There is not many shows you can say that about. I also really liked how they introduced  Kate. And Gibbs... he is just a trip! I don't know what I would call his type of humor... sarcastic don't seem to fit it right... but what ever you would call it... it is another thing that brings me back episode after episode. In this episode there is an elaborate plan to try to kill the president on Air Force One.

I once again find myself watching the first episode and just wanting to continue on watch this entire series. But I won't do that. Instead I will wait for my Season 6 set to get here... and just continue on my NCIS Review Thread with it. I must admit... I miss Kate in the later seasons episodes. Not that Ziva isn't good as well.

My Rating:
Pete