Author Topic: Pete's Pilots  (Read 62820 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Pete's Pilots
« Reply #225 on: June 10, 2010, 02:57:11 PM »

Night Court
They all come out at night. That's when you'll meet the weirdos, wannabes, lecherous fiends, nutballs and strange-os – and those are just the people in charge of Criminal Court, Part II, State of New York.

"I like him. He's nuts," a defendant says about judge Harold T. Stone. Magician/comic Harry Anderson portrays Stone, a man with a joy-buzzer sense of courtroom decorum and a gleeful enthusiasm for velvet-voiced scat singer Mel Torme. John Larroquette and Richard Moll, who would team with Anderson through the show's 1984-1992 run of law and disorder, are among the cast of this 13-episode Debut Season presented on 2 discs with a Loaded Docket of Extras. Night Court: it's where they'll try anything!

All You Need Is Love
Disorder in the court! Harry knocks stuffiness out of the law while adjudicating a domestic dispute.

My Thoughts:
This is a fun series I used to watch all the time... but before getting the DVDs I haven't seen it in years. And I actually forgot how fun of a series this really is. It offers lots of laughs. Unfortunately I am a bit behind in collecting this series as I only have the first season so far.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 10, 2010, 05:07:55 PM »

Night Stalker
Carl Kolchak returns in a new series of spine-tingling adventures. Produced by the X-Files' Frank Spotnitz and based on the original '70s suspense drama, Night Stalker updates the chilling classic in a startling new way. "There's something stylishly scary at work here," says The New York Times.

Caught up in an obsessive hunt for his own wife's murderer, Kolchak (Stuart Townsend) discovers that his imagination is no match for the evil that truly lurks in the dark. Paired with skeptic Perri Reed (Gabrielle Union), television's favorite crime reporter will stop at nothing to uncover the supernatural side of the night.

Featuring four episodes never seen on TV that complete the series and a host of exclusive bonus material, this 2-disc DVD set is so good it's scary.

Pilot
A woman is dragged out of her home and into the desert and the fetus of her unborn child is ripped from her stomach. The husband is the prime suspect but when the murders continue after he's apprehended the cops know they've got the wrong man.

My Thoughts:
This is one series remake that I enjoyed when it originally aired. I was hoping at the time that it would make it... but unfortunately it was canceled after only 6 episodes. At least the DVD set contains all 10 episodes that were produced. The pilot episode is a good introduction to the characters. And it has a very interesting storyline. Kept my attention the entire time... even though I seen it at least 3 times before today.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 10, 2010, 05:58:35 PM »

Nowhere Man
"My name is Thomas Veil, or at least it was..."

Unknown forces conspire to erase photographer Thomas Veil's (Bruce Greenwood, Thirteen Days, Exotica) identity and without warning, every aspect of his life is erased during the course of one evening – his wife acts as if he's a stranger, his credit cards are suddenly invalid, his keys no longer fit the door to his home and in one way or another, his family and friends are silenced. Completely alone, Veil sets out on a desperate cross-country quest for an answer while eluding his powerful and unknown enemy. His only clue to the possible motivation behind the harrowing ordeal is the disappearance of one of his photographs, "Hidden Agenda," which depicts the execution of natives in a war-torn Third World country. Now learn the whole story with the complete cult classic TV series, including all 25 episodes.

Absolute Zero
Thomas Veil – quite literally – loses his identity one night over dinner and begins to mentally unravel when he discovers his wife is part of whatever's happening. Placed in a sanitarium, he slowly realizes that he's actually the victim of a massive conspiracy connected to a photograph he took entitled "Hidden Agenda."

My Thoughts:
This one is a strange case. I have had this set in my collection for about 2 and a half years now. And I have yet to get past episode #2! Not because I don't like the show... as I enjoyed what I seen very much so far. But for some reason I just don't seem to have the urge to continue it once I start it. Even though I do enjoy it. Like I said... a weird situation.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 10, 2010, 07:07:17 PM »

Numb3rs
We all use mathematics every day...but in a world of body counts, multiple criminal masterminds, and percentages involving perpetrators who may act again, figures are especially valuable. This is the world of 'Numb3rs'. Rob Morrow is Don Eppes, an FBI agent who recruits his mathematically gifted brother Charlie (David Krumholtz) to help the Bureau solve a wide range of challenging crimes in Los Angeles - thus tackling the most baffling criminal cases from two very distinctive perspectives. This dynamic series depicts how the convergence of police work and mathematics provides unexpected revelations and answers to the most perplexing criminal questions. Enjoy all 13 compelling Season One episodes of Numb3rs in this premiere four-disc DVD collection.

Pilot
To help capture a serial rapist-turned-killer, FBI Special Agent Don Eppes (Rob Morrow) recruits his genius brother Charlie (David Krumholtz) who uses a mathematics equation to identify the killer's point of origin by working backward from the crime scene locations. Don's partner Terry Lake (Sabrina Lloyd) and new FBI recruit David Sinclair (Alimi Ballard) help untangle a web of clues and evidence; Charlie's involvement in crime-solving is questioned by his colleague, physicist Dr. Larry Fleinhardt (Peter MacNicol). And the Eppes brothers' father, Alan (Judd Hirsch), fears that his sons' competitive natures will lead to trouble.

My Thoughts:
This is a good series. It is a cop show with a bit of a twist as they use math to solve the crimes. Watching this first episode I realize I miss the character of Terry played by Sabrina Lloyd. But she seems to seldomly ever make it through an entire series for some reason. She is only in this short first season for this show. Oddly this show took me a few episodes to get into. But now that I did... I enjoy all the episodes including the very first ones that I didn't as much the first time around.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 09, 2010, 07:27:54 PM »
I am almost done with the letter N in this thread... but with the set I recently got (Prime Time Crime... I was able to add the following to the list to watch...

- Palace Guards
- Unsub
- Wiseguy
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 30, 2010, 11:47:50 PM »

NYPD Blue
It was the groundbreaking series that broke all the rules and triggered what may be the biggest mutiny in TV history when some station affiliates across the country refused to carry the show. Some viewers also complained, but the majority loved what was being touted as TV's first R-rated series. Now in its tenth year, NYPD Blue has garnered an amazing 86 Emmy Award nominations and 21 wins. So if you missed all the excitement back then, don't miss it now! Take a ride back to 1993 and join the cops of the 15th Precinct for the first season of NYPD Blue.

Pilot
Andy Sipowicz is shot by a gangster, leading John Kelly to take on the mob.

My Thoughts:
I blind bought this show years ago. While I did watch the entire series... it is not a favorite cop show of mine. First of all... like I said when talking about the CSI series... I just don't like David Caruso. But it isn't just him... I really had a hard time getting into the stories or caring about any of the characters. So needless to say... I never bothered continuing this series.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 31, 2010, 12:23:08 AM »

One Day at a Time
ONE DAY AT A TIME, executive produced and developed by Norman Lear, is one of the most successful TV series of the 1970s and 1980s. Bonnie Franklin stars as Ms. Ann Romano, a newly divorced and very liberated woman trying her best to raise two teenaged daughters., Julie and Barbara, as they start their new life together in Indianapolis. Building superintendent Dwayne Schneider, a Casanove with a pass key, supplies comic relief, while baby-faced attorney David Kane tempts Ann to reconsider her single state. But Ann's priority is discovering her own potential, and helping her daughters discover theirs - ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Ann's Decision
Newly divorced Ann Romano has to make her first major decision as a single mom when Julie wants to go backpacking with friends, including teenage boys.

My Thoughts:
Now this is really a blast from my past. I grew up watching this series. I really enjoyed this show. Though I must admit I liked some of the later seasons better. Once the lawyer boyfriend was out of the picture. The episode really don't do anything special to introduce the characters... but it is good all the same.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 31, 2010, 12:32:26 AM »

The Osbournes
Heavy Metal legend Ozzy Osbourne invites you into his home, and every outrageous moment with the notorious rocker and his colourful family is captured here in MTV's highest-rated show THE OSBOURNES - THE FIRST SEASON! There's no script, the situations are real, the family is completely normal... well, as normal as they can be considering that dear ol' dad is the self-proclaimed Prince of Darkness! Along with every wild episode from the record-breaking first season, this must-have DVD collection includes exclusive, never-before-seen footage! Here's your chance to relive the fun of each episode while seeing what went on behind the scenes and hearing what the censors wouldn't allow on MTV!

A House Divided
The Osbournes moves into a new house.

My Thoughts:
After having this set given to me... I admit I was a little worried I wouldn't like it. But today I finally got around to trying it out. First thing I noticed is everyone in the family had a bad need to curse all the time. And that is one thing I must admit I do not like about the series... as I have a pet peeve when it comes to cursing. It just bugs me for some reason. I am thankful that the DVD has a feature called The Ozzy Translator. This is where we get subtitles only for the things Ozzy says... as that man just can not be understood half the time. But I did find him to be very funny... he had me laughing quite a bit... some of the things he said. But more then that... and my favorite thing about this pilot episode... was Ozzy trying to work one of those remote controls that pretty much works everything in the house. I thought I would die laughing when he hit a button and the shower came on!  :laugh: But over all this is a show that I could watch an episode here and there for laughs... but not something I could have a marathon viewing of. Probably mostly because of all the cursing that is in it.

My Rating:
Kept going back and forth between a 2 and a 3 on this one... but there was enough laughs for a 3 I think.
Pete

snowcat

« Reply #233 on: August 31, 2010, 09:55:39 AM »
I am thankful that the DVD has a feature called The Ozzy Translator. This is where we get subtitles only for the things Ozzy says... as that man just can not be understood half the time.

:laugh: Agreed

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 31, 2010, 07:28:23 PM »
Painkiller Jane
Kristanna Loken of Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines and Bloodrayne stars as Jane Vasco, a tough-yet-sexy DEA agent recruited by a covert government unit to hunt superhuman neurological aberrations – known as 'Neuros' – who can do dangerous things with their minds. But when Jane discovers that she herself can rapidly heal from any injury, she begins to investigate her own disturbing background. In this sole season of the Sci Fi Channel series, Jane and her team battle assassins, arsonists, time loops, prison breaks, mythical beasts, undead armies, killer hallucinations and more, all in a bullet-riddled world of the very near future where nothing may be what it seems ...and pain is always a bitch.

PILOT
Jane Vasco (KRISTANNA LOKEN) and a new covert government unit must track down and contain the spread of 'Neuros" – genetically altered humans who possess extraordinary, and often deadly, neurological powers.

My Thoughts:
This is a show I enjoyed quite a bit. I like the whole storyline... like the characters. And this is a good introduction to the characters. I have own this set now for just over 2 years... but for some reason... even as much as I enjoy the show... I just can't seem to complete the set.

My Rating:
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 07:41:18 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #235 on: June 23, 2011, 07:51:10 PM »
I just re-read this thread. Pete, when are you planning to continue?  :)
It's been almost a year since you last posted here.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 23, 2011, 08:29:08 PM »
I definitely need to! You bumping it for me will put a little fire under my butt. :P

I also need to update my list in the first post... got some new ones I need to add to the list (P-Z Only... will have to do this again sometime to get the other new ones). :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 23, 2011, 08:46:12 PM »
I just updated my list in the first post. The letter that has me worried is S... I have 36 pilot episodes for that letter alone!  :stars: Oh well... I will get there.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 23, 2011, 11:23:24 PM »
I am actually thinking I will redo this thread... to fit in all my series again... so I can review all my pilot episodes... including the series that I have gotten before this. What I will do is bring over the reviews from this thread... as far as the next episode I need to watch. Then as I watch them I will post in the new thread... bringing over more from here when needed.
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #239 on: June 23, 2011, 11:43:06 PM »
Myself I just watch any new pilot I get as soon as I get it when I have already passed the letter in my marathon. Like I did today with Bionic Woman. And when I am through with all, I will keep adding reviews for any new series I should get. At least that is my plan.