Author Topic: Forgive me for being new but how do these marathons work?  (Read 2545 times)

Critter

Forgive me for being new but how do these marathons work?
« on: October 03, 2009, 03:33:23 AM »
Do we first start here and post a list of films we are going to watch, then review each one here as we do? Or do we just state the type of marathon it will be then add each film as we watch it?

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Forgive me for being new but how do these marathons work?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 03:42:00 AM »
Pretty much however you feel comfortable. I personally go with the second way as I never know what I will be in the mood to watch from one moment to the next. I usually just think of a theme for the marathon (sometimes I don't even do themes) and then just start reviewing. :)
Pete

Critter

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 04:28:24 AM »
Cool, I have an idea for a marathon I want to do but I'm pretty busy with school at the moment so it will probably be a while before I do it.

Also I see in that sticky thread of list of marathone reviews they are all tv shows. Do the marathons that are film just go to the list of movie review section?

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 05:17:00 AM »
Do the marathons that are film just go to the list of movie review section?
No, they go in The "Marathon" reviews sub-forum. You open a new topic for them.
The review list section is only the review posted here that I've indexed in alphabetic order to archive them. A review posted there would be deleted by the moderator as soon as he will see it. I sound tough like that, but I'm not :laugh:

Critter

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 09:00:19 AM »
Ha it's all a little confusing but I'm starting to get it. Perhaps you should make a thread outlining how all the reviews work here for newbies.

When I finish school I am going to have an animated movie marathon. I'll post it on here.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 09:07:35 AM »
Perhaps you should make a thread outlining how all the reviews work here for newbies.

However you feel comfortable. ;) Usually movie title, maybe a cover if available, a synopsis and of course your opinion.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Critter

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 09:18:12 AM »
Sounds good. I posted my first review on this site so far in the TV on DVD section and reviewed 'Firefly'. I pretty much just tried to copy the basic layout of the others I have read haha. Hope I got it right.

richierich

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 06:18:31 PM »
Sounds good. I posted my first review on this site so far in the TV on DVD section and reviewed 'Firefly'. I pretty much just tried to copy the basic layout of the others I have read haha. Hope I got it right.

it was fine, and a good read as I've never watched the series before  :bag: