Author Topic: NCIS Marathon  (Read 16883 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: NCIS Marathon
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2009, 10:15:07 PM »
I enjoyed the episode DEAD MAN WALKING so much that I am watching it again now... this time with the commentary on. The commentary is with Sean Murray (McGee) and Cote de Pablo (Ziva).
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2009, 10:37:26 PM »
NCIS: Season 4: Disc 5

17. SKELETONS
An explosion at military cemetery mausoleum reveals several dismembered human remains. The team looks for potential serial killers, but Gibbs is surprised wth the final outcome.

My Thoughts:
This is a good episode... though somewhat standard. Little bit more then a filler episode.

My Rating:

18. ICEMAN
A man supposedly frozen to death is about to be autopsied by Ducky, when he suddenly sits up - alive! As the NCIS team tries to figure out who left the man for dead, they discover there's a link to Gibbs' past.

My Thoughts:
This is a good episode. We get a visit from Mike Franks again in this one. I enjoy the story... went by quickly.

My Rating:

19. GRACE PERIOD
An anonymous call to the NCIS tip line about possible terrorist activity sends two agents into a trap and certain death.

My Thoughts:
A very good episode. One where we say goodbye to a recurring cast member. I really liked all about this one. I would definitely have to rate it as one of my favorites.

My Rating:

20. COVER STORY
With little information to go on, McGee is under serious pressure during the murder investigation of a Petty Officer.

My Thoughts:
Another excellent episode. I really enjoyed how they made this episode about Tim's new book. It made for a fun and entertaining episode.

My Rating:
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 10:40:52 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2009, 10:55:33 PM »
And I am at it again... I enjoyed Cover Story so much that I am watching it again... this time with the commentary on. Commentary is with Michael Weatherly (Tony) and Pauley Perrette (Abbey).
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2009, 04:29:48 PM »
NCIS: Season 4: Disc 6

21. BROTHERS IN ARMS
Director Shepard finds that meeting an informant alone can be murder. The NCIS team must gather all leads to hunt down the killer.

My Thoughts:
While this one has some good scenes... it was never one of my favorites. And you know... I really don't have a good reason for that. There really wasn't nothing bad about the episode. But I just didn't care for it too much.

My Rating:

22. IN THE DARK
The NCIS team taps into a blind photographer's special insight to investigate a crime.

My Thoughts:
This is a pretty good episode. I like the idea of a blind photographer and the story is interesting.

My Rating:

23. TROJAN HORSE
While Shepard is abroad, Gibbs is acting director, but he ignores his duties when a murdered man is found in a cab headed to the NCIS headquarters.

My Thoughts:
This is a fun episode. I liked how Gibbs acts about being left in charge of NCIS. That man just needs to stay in the field... running the entire agency is not his thing!

My Rating:

24. ANGEL OF DEATH
The deepest, darkest secrets of each NCIS team member are about to be revealed after they learn they have to take a Homeland Security polygraph test. Meanwhile, a ruthless drug dealer holds Tony and his girlfriend, Jeanne, hostage.

My Thoughts:
This is an enjoyable season finale... but not quite as good as some of the past seasons. It does end on a little bit of a cliffhanger... so I will be looking forward to starting season 5 before too long. Which will be the last season I have to review at this time.

My Rating:
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 10:40:22 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2009, 10:47:09 AM »
NCIS: Season 5: Disc 1

1. BURY YOUR DEAD
The shocking truth to a major secret is revealed with an explosive and deadly conclusion in the final showdown between the NCIS team and an elusive arms dealer.

My Thoughts:
This is a great start to the fifth season. It makes you think we are about to lose one of our main characters again. I really enjoyed every minute of it. So much so that I instantly watched it a second time with the commentary on. The commentary is with Michael Weatherly (Tony) with... and this was a fun surprise... his mother.

My Rating:

2. FAMILY
A startling discovery in an autopsy of a murdered Petty Officer leads Ducky and the NCIS team to search for a missing child. Meanwhile,Tony's feelings for Jeanne become more pronounced.

My Thoughts:
This is kind of an average episode. The main storyline really felt no more then a filler episode. Though I did like the side story of how Tony is handling loosing his girlfriend.

My Rating:

3. EX-FILE
While Investigating the murder of a Marine captain, Gibbs comes face to face with his past when a witness in the case turns out to be his ex-wife.

My Thoughts:
Not a bad episode... but I have definitely seen better. We once again have Colonel Mann in this episode. Which is really fun since we also have one of Gibbs ex-wives.

My Rating:

4. IDENTITY CRISIS
The NCIS team uncovers a web of criminal intrigue after Ducky determines that an unidentified cadaver is a career felon with unmistakable ties to a criminal mastermind.

My Thoughts:
This is a good episode. But definitely just a standard filler episode. No long running storylines really worked on or anything like that.

My Rating:
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 10:40:06 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2009, 12:32:21 AM »
NCIS: Season 5: Disc 2

5. LEAP OF FAITH
Suicide can be murder for the NCIS team. While attempting to talk a Naval officer from jumping to his death, Gibbs and his team discover a connection between the officer and a murder.

My Thoughts:
This is a good... but somewhat standard episode. We do meet a new recurring character in this episode. At least I don't remember seeing her before... and I have been watching a lot of NCIS lately.

My Rating:

6. CHIMERA
While investigating a mysterious death aboard a top-secret naval research ship, Gibbs and the NCIS team discover an abandoned ship in the middle of the sea and a killer secret that could cost them their lives.

My Thoughts:
While not really a Halloween episode. This episode which originally aired on October 30, 2007 was made to be a bit on the spooky side. Though not overly spooky. More like just an eerie feeling to it. It is a very good episode... one I enjoyed quite a bit.

My Rating:

7. REQUIEM
Gibbs finds himself at the center of an emotional journey into his past after he agrees to help the childhood friend of his late daughter. The soul-searching situation takes a deadly turn that leads to a shocking and heart-stopping conclusion.

My Thoughts:
This is an excellent episode. And I like how much we get to find out about Gibbs' past. Another one of my favorites!

My Rating:

8. DESIGNATED TARGET
The NCIS team meets an African political refugee searching for her husband while investigating the assassination of a Navy admiral.

My Thoughts:
This is one episode I never cared too much about. It is no more then a filler episode... plus the storyline never really grabbed me. Kinda boring storyline in my opinion.

My Rating:
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 10:39:51 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2009, 07:59:52 PM »
NCIS: Season 5: Disc 3

9. LOST AND FOUND
A nine-year-old's father, wanted in connection with a cold case murder, goes missing. The NCIS team baby-sits the boy as the father leads them into the wilderness for a startling discovery about his past.

My Thoughts:
Another really good episode. I like how this show always portrays kids. And I really got a kick out of how they made this one like a young Tony DiNozzo. And how everyone seen it... except for Tony. The story itself was really good too.

My Rating:

10. CORPORAL PUNISHMENT
A violent, delusional Marine, believing he's still in Iraq, escapes from a hospital in the U.S. After a violent confrontation, the NCIS team realizes too late that the soldier is the subject of a secret experiment.

My Thoughts:
While I enjoy this one... it is not a favorite. This one just didn't keep my attention as much as most others have.

My Rating:

11. TRIBES
The investigation into the mysterious death of a Muslim Marine is delayed when Ducky refuses to autopsy the Marine because of the soldier's religious beliefs.

My Thoughts:
This one is really nothing more then an average episode. While it was intresting to see the diverse religous beliefs... the story itself left a bit to be desired.

My Rating:

12. STAKEOUT
The NCIS team sets up a stakeout to catch a suspected thief, but Instead they witness a murder. Uncharacteristically, Ducky keeps a secret from the others.

My Thoughts:
A good episode. The story keeps your interest... and there is some fun to be had. Especially liked how paranoid Ziva was on Tony getting even with her for the practical joke she pulled.

My Rating:
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 10:39:35 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2009, 11:55:45 PM »
NCIS: Season 5: Disc 4

13. DOG TAGS
After a dog is accused of mauling its owner to death, Abby risks her career in order to prove the dog's innocence. Meanwhile, Jenny's secret captures Gibbs' attention.

My Thoughts:
This is a good episode. Abby really got attached to that dog! But hey... when she sets her mind to something she gets it done.

My Rating:

14. INTERNAL AFFAIRS
La Grenouille, a notorious arms dealer, is killed and the FBI puts the NCIS team under investigation for murder with Jenny Shepard as the prime suspect.

My Thoughts:
This is the best kind of clips episode. One that don't feel like a clips episode. The tie up story of the clips is so good you don't even think about the fact that you are seeing clips from previous episodes through out.

My Rating:

15. IN THE ZONE
A mortar attack in Baghdad becomes a murder crime scene when two members of the NCIS team are sent to investigate.

My Thoughts:
A decent... but no more then standard filler episode. Nothing here to get excited about.

My Rating:

16. RECOIL
Ziva's undercover assignment trailing a serial killer turns deadly when the man she's tracking becomes suspicious of her.

My Thoughts:
This is a good episode. I enjoyed it quite a bit. In this one you do get to see how deep inside Ziva is just like everyone else. Dispite her training as an assassin.

My Rating:
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 10:39:20 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2009, 12:42:34 AM »
NCIS: Season 5: Disc 5

17. ABOUT FACE
A mysterious killer is after the only man who can recognize him, Ducky's assistant Jimmy Palmer.

My Thoughts:
I really enjoyed this episode. I liked that it showcases one of the minor cast members.

My Rating:

18. JUDGMENT DAY (PARTS 1 & 2)
An NCIS team member is murdered. Now, Gibbs leads the others In a thrilling search for the killer.

My Thoughts:
This season ends on a high note. A double length episode... that has a very good story and with a surprise ending. I enjoyed every minute of it!

My Rating:
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 10:38:48 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2009, 12:43:43 AM »
OK... this is as far as I can go on this marathon. I now completed all the DVDs I own at this time. Once I get more seasons in my collection I will bring back this thread to continue it.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2010, 10:37:59 PM »
I am hoping to continue this marathon soon. The 6th season set is on sale... so I think I may order it. Probably put something together for a small order tomorrow.

NCIS is one of my all time favorite series. So I really can't wait to revisit the 6th season.  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2010, 02:31:06 PM »
NCIS: THE SIXTH SEASON finds the highly skilled NCIS team still under the able command of Special Agent Jethro Gibbs (Mark Harmon), an uncompromising leader who will see justice done – even if it means bending the rules. This season, Gibbs welcomes new members to the unit, while directing the veteran agents in their dangerous investigations outside the chain of Naval and Marine command. Co-starring Michael Weatherly, Pauley Perrette, David McCallum, Sean Murray, Cote de Pablo, and Rocky Carroll, this 6-disc set includes all 25 action-packed Season 6 episodes, along with high-caliber, behind-the-scenes special features.

Episodes:
1. Last Man Standing
2. Agent Afloat
3. Capitol Offense
4. Heartland
5. Nine Lives
6. Murder 2.0
7. Collateral Damage
8. Cloak
9. Dagger
10. Road Kill
11. Silent Night
12. Caged
13. Broken Bird
14. Love & War
15. Deliverance
16. Bounce
17. South By Southwest
18. Knockout
19. Hide And Seek
20. Dead Reckoning
21. Toxic
22. Legend (Part 1)
23. Legend (Part 2)
24. Semper Fidelis
25. Aliyah
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2010, 03:02:58 PM »
Last week I watched the backdoor pilot of NCIS in JAG and the first episode of NCIS. And I just can bring myself to like Gibbs and with that the whole show is nothing for me...
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2010, 03:24:24 PM »
yeah... gotta like Gibbs! He isn't my favorite character on the show... but is up there. He is probably about my 3rd favorite on the show...

#1 - Abby Sciuto (Goth Forensic Scientist)
#2 - Tony DiNozzo (Agent)
#3 - Jethro Gibbs (Lead Agent)
Pete

Critter

« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2010, 03:26:44 PM »
Abby is my favourite character too. In fact, she is not only mt favourite but she is pretty much the only character I like, which is probably why I don't watch the show all that much. I liked the earlier seasons, when Kate was still in it.