Author Topic: Grey's Anatomy Marathon  (Read 20457 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Grey's Anatomy Marathon
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 04:17:57 AM »
21. Desire
When the Chairman of the hospital board is admitted as a patient, the residents seize the opportunity to vie for Richard's position. Burke struggles to involve Cristina in the wedding planning. As things heat up between Addison and Alex, Derek begins to question his relationship with Meredith.

My Thoughts:
I thought this was going to be another somewhat boring episode dealing with the doctor's private lives. Then something happend to bring this one up above an average episode. That is the main medical case. A guy (Chairman of the Board at the hospital) gets a parasite while at the Amazon. But what a parasite! this is a good sized fish that is attracted to urine... and swam up into the guy's manhood. talk about OUCH!

My Rating:

22. The Other Side Of This Life - Part One
Addison makes a road trip to Los Angeles in order to visit some old friends from medical school. Cristina and Burke's mothers both have their own ideas for the wedding, much to the dismay of Cristina. Spending time at the Oceanside Wellness Group in California leads Addison to make an important life decision.

My Thoughts:
If I am not mistaken... this is the first part for the episodes that has the character Addison getting her own spin-off series called Private Practice. While I enjoyed the episode... at this point I do not know if I will bother adding her series to my collection.

My Rating:

23. The Other Side Of This Life - Part Two
A case of hiccups helps Meredith bond with her stepmother. George contemplates requesting a transfer to another hospital rather than deal with seeing Izzie every day. In Los Angeles, Addison comes to terms with her infertility and finds comfort in her new friends. A shocking turn of events with a patient devastates Meredith.

My Thoughts:
I have to admit... the storyline as well as the cast for Private Practice has grown on me a bit. I may have to consider checking out the series... possibly getting the season 1 set. The storyline involving Meredith's step-mother actually surprised me. But a good episode... I enjoyed it.

My Rating:

24. Testing 1 - 2 - 3
While the interns take the biggest test of their careers, their first-year medical exams, the residents must attend to three injured mountain climbers. Callie's suspicions of George and Izzie grow, and Cristina finds writing her wedding vows even more difficult than she thought.

My Thoughts:
Well... you can tell it is towards the end of the season. This is an excellent episode with cliffhangers to a few of the different storyline. I really liked the story of the mountain climbers... and I really can't wait to hear more on that one.

My Rating:

25. Didn't We Almost Have It All
A successor to the Chief is finally named as Cristina and Burke's wedding day arrives. And with the results from the medical exams being announced, Callie and George face a huge decision about their futures.

My Thoughts:
While this was still a right good episode... I expected more from a season finale. There is a couple of storylines that I am looking forward to seeing advance. But for the most part it felt like it was trying too hard to give us a great show and ended up not being able to follow through.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2009, 04:19:57 AM »
Well... that is as far as I can go until I get the chance to order season 4. I don't know when I will be able to do that... but I hope before too long. Once I do get it I will try to remember to bring this thread back and continue my marathon review.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2010, 07:20:22 PM »
I am resurrecting this thread... as I just tracked my amazon package and it is out for delivery so I will [should] have it some time today. Looking forward to continuing marathon.

Unfortunately season 4 was from the year of the writer's strike so there is only 17 episodes in the 4th season.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2010, 08:03:57 PM »
Grey's Anatomy Marathon
Season 4:

They are doctors, lovers and friends. Join the staff of Seattle Grace Hospital as they learn there are no easy cures for life's challenges and that each choice comes in shades of grey.

Main Cast:
Ellen Pompeo as Dr. Meredith Grey
Sandra Oh as Dr. Cristina Yang
Katherine Heigl as Dr. Isobel "Izzie" Stevens
Justin Chambers as Dr. Alex Karev
T. R. Knight as Dr. George O'Malley
Chandra Wilson as Dr. Miranda Bailey
James Pickens, Jr. as Dr. Richard Webber
Patrick Dempsey as Dr. Derek Shepherd
Sara Ramirez as Dr. Callie Torres
Eric Dane as Dr. Mark Sloan
Chyler Leigh as Lexie Grey
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 11:29:45 AM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2010, 11:35:40 AM »
Season 4 Disc 1:

1. A Change Is Gonna Come
Meredith and Cristina return from Cristina's honeymoon to find that Burke is long gone. Izzie, Alex, Meredith and Cristina start their first day as residents, each with their own set of interns. Among the interns are George, who is repeating his internship after failing the exam, and Lexie, Meredith's half-sister. Meanwhile, Derek begins to look elsewhere after his relationship with Meredith hits an emotional impasse; Bailey grapples with the fact that her former interns now report to Callie, the new Chief Resident; and Richard returns to his position as Chief of Surgery.

My Thoughts:
It is so good to see new episodes again! and WTF! Is Dr. Burke gone from the show!?!? He was one of my favorite characters! I really like the advancements in the storyline of the doctor's private lives... but the medical cases could have been better.

My Rating:

2. Love/Addiction
The interns and residents treat victims of an apartment complex explosion as Alex looks into the cause of the devastating accident. Mama Burke arrives at Seattle Grace to pick up the rest of Burke's personal things while Cristina trades wedding gifts for surgeries. Meanwhile, Lexie tries to talk to Meredith, who is less than willing to do so; Callie deals with the stress of being Chief Resident; and Bailey tries to figure out what to do with her excess leadership skills.

My Thoughts:
Much like the last episode this one is a good continuation of the doctor's personal lives... but the medical cases leaves some to be desired. I really didn't care much about the people from the apartment explosion.

My Rating:

3. Let The Truth Sting
The new interns are in awe of fellow intern George's skill level, and Lexie tries to keep his "repeater" status secret. Meredith comes to Lexie's aide when Lexie is faced with her first emergency situation. The Chief and Sloan have to use a radical surgery to save a woman's vocal ability. Meanwhile, George debates telling Callie about his affair with Izzie.

My Thoughts:
Another good episode. I liked both main medical cases this time. and I got a kick out of the new intern... an old gray haired man. I could have went without seeing the needle into the eye socket though. The personal lives of the doctors had some decent advancements as well. Just when I thought Alex was starting to mature and I could start liking the character the old Alex came back out. What an ass!

My Rating:

4. The Heart Of The Matter
Izzie reveals her true feelings for George to one of her and George's friends, and the reaction she receives is not what she expected. Meanwhile, Adele Webber rushes her niece to Seattle Grace; Derek gives Cristina pointers on how to be a better teaching resident; and Norman, the world's oldest intern, misdiagnoses Meredith's patient.

My Thoughts:
Another episode I enjoyed.They are still concentrating more on the personal lives of the doctors then on the medical cases. But the medical cases in the episode was good. Especially since we find out more about the chief's niece... and how she wants to handle her cancer.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2010, 10:55:57 PM »
Season 4 Disc 2:

5. Haunt You Every Day
It's Halloween at Seattle Grace and the day is chock-full of surprises for the doctors. Alex has a surprise visit from a former patient; Meredith thinks her mother's ashes are haunting her; Cristina is snubbed by a top surgeon; and everyone is shocked when Callie reveals George and Izzie's relationship to the public.

My Thoughts:
Woohoo! A Grey's Anatomy Halloween episode! And I loved every minute of it! The medical stories were great... the personal stories were wonderfully done. It really seemed like the episode flew by as I was glued to the screen the entire time.

My Rating:

6. Kung Fu Fighting
With his marriage once again falling apart, Chief Webber invites the male surgeons out on a "gentleman's evening." Meanwhile, Cristina and Izzie compete for the same surgeries, mainly to impress the doctor performing them; Meredith treats the survivor of a skydiving accident; and two finalists competing in a promotional competition are treated by the doctors.

My Thoughts:
This is a good episode... though not a good as the previous one.  The medical stories were interesting if not somewhat silly. The stories on their personal lives did continue... but wasn't as in your face as they usually are. Which was good. I like the story with George and Izzie... and once again Alex is the jerk wee have grown to know the past 3 and a half years.

My Rating:

7. Physical Attraction...Chemical Reaction
George and Izzie's relationship is tested, as is Derek and Meredith's when Derek wants more than a physical relationship with her. Meanwhile, Mark falls for a surgeon and Callie's position as Chief Resident is put on the line when she gives too many duties to Bailey.

My Thoughts:
An ok episode... didn't care much for where the personal lives storylines are going at this point. And the medical storylines were only ok. They even dropped one of the medical storylines and never got back to it to know where it ended up.

My Rating:

8. Forever Young
The ER is thrown into a state of chaos following a school bus accident. Meanwhile, Bailey treats her high school crush; Derek goes on a date; and Thatcher comes to Seattle Grace in search of Meredith.

My Thoughts:
This is a good episode. I really liked the medical story in this one. Though I didn't care much for the private lives storyline this time. Izzie and George really need to get their stuff together.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2010, 11:35:46 PM »
Season 4 Disc 3:

9. Crash Into Me (Part 1 of 2)
Meredith and the Chief rush to the scene of a devastating ambulance crash in which the lives of the paramedics are at stake. Bailey treats a difficult patient and Ava returns to find Alex with a new girlfriend.

My Thoughts:
This is one show that gets the 2 part episodes right... So far every 2 part episode of Grey's Anatomy I have seen has been excellent... and this one is no different. It has outstanding medical storylines. And it has great advancements in the personal lives storylines. This one has a very recognizable guest star in Seth Green (Oz on Buffy).

My Rating:

10. Crash Into Me (Part 2 of 2)
In the conclusion to the two-part episode arc, Meredith races to save the life of a paramedic, who is trapped inside an ambulance. Meanwhile, the life of a patient is in Lexie's hands and Derek and a nurse work together to save the life of a patient.

My Thoughts:
A great conclusion to the previous episode. I was really glued to the screen on both parts of this one. I must admit... I got a chuckle out of how Dr. Bailey handled her racist of a patient. I do however wish the outcome of Seth Green's character was different.

My Rating:

11. Lay Your Hands On Me
Bailey's family faces a medical trauma, just as her marriage is falling apart, a surprise visit from George's mother comes as a shock to both Izzie and Callie, a faith healer challenges Erica and Alex's beliefs in traditional medicine, and Derek must deal with the aftermath of his kiss with Rose.

My Thoughts:
Wow.. another amazing episode. I loved how they combined the medical and personal storylines together in this one... putting Dr. Bailey's baby son in trouble like that. I also got a kick out of the faith healer storyline.

My Rating:

12. Where The Wild Things Are
Six weeks following Derek and Meredith's break-up, Derek continues to date Rose while Meredith, Alex, Izzie and Cristina compete in a surgical contest. Meanwhile, George and Lexie adjust to their new apartment and Callie finds a new friend in Erica Hahn.

My Thoughts:
Wow! This is the first time ever... on any show... that I was able to give all episodes on the disc a rating of . The awesome bear attack victims through this one over the top for me. Enjoyed every second of it!

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2010, 12:23:03 PM »
Season 4 Disc 4:

13. Piece Of My Heart
Addison makes her return to Seattle Grace in order to perform an operation. As she does so, she is preoccupied by all of the changes in her former co-workers' lives. Meanwhile, Meredith and Derek's clinical trial has its first patient, and Rebecca returns to deliver Alex some shocking news.

My Thoughts:
Another really good episode... though not quite as good as the previous disc. I enjoyed seeing Addison back on the show. I also liked seeing Izzie getting back to her old self some.

My Rating:

14. The Becoming
The nurses' outcry over McSteamy's frequent trysts leads the hospital to enact a new "date and tell" policy. Meanwhile, news about Burke's career force Cristina to cope with her feelings about the past; Meredith and Derek take in a veteran soldier to participate in their clinical trial; and Callie finds comfort in Sloane when she needs it the most.

My Thoughts:
This one I didn't care much for at all. Not much really happened. And I found it slightly on the boring side.

My Rating:

15. Losing My Mind
As Dr. Wyatt refuses to let Meredith give up on her therapy sessons, Alex learns the truth about Rebecca's condition. Chief Webber has Dr. Hahn perform a high-risk surgery on his mentor. Meanwhile, after hearing about Burke, Cristina continues to act unusually, going as far as to clean her ever-messy apartment.

My Thoughts:
A pretty good episode... but I must admit that I am getting a bit tired of the whole case study thing. A bit tired of seeing the same operation for each episode for the past 3 or 4 episodes. And I just couldn't care about the big shot heart surgeon that needed heart surgery.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2010, 02:02:31 PM »
Season 4 Disc 5:

16. Freedom (Part 1 of 2)
In the two-part season finale, Meredith and Derek take another shot at the clinical trial while the others race to free a boy from a hardening block of cement. Meanwhile, Izzie helps Alex care for Rebecca and Lexie learns a secret about George's intern status.

My Thoughts:
And once again they prove they can do 2 part episodes better then anyone else. I loved the medical case of the college kid stuck in the cement. The clinical trial storyline actually got interesting after a couple not so good episodes about it.

My Rating:

17. Freedom (Part 2 of 2)
A couple undergoes surgery. Derek and Meredith clinical trial has another patient. Alex breaks down for the first time ever. Izzie offers a friend some help. McSteamy hooks up with someone. A new couple appears. Lexie gets something unexpectedly. George gets a second chance.

My Thoughts:
A great conclusion of the previous episode. The conclusion of both medical cases (boy in cement & clinical trial) was done very well... even if the clinical trial outcome was predictable. I liked most of the outcomes to the personal lives storylines. But I still have to say that I do not care for Izzie and Alex together. I liked it much better having her with George.

My Rating:

Season 4 Over-All TRhoughts:
Over-all I continue to really enjoy this series. Season 4 wasn't quite as good as the previous seasons... but the episodes are still more then worth watching. It is still a great series. One of my favorites.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2010, 04:47:54 PM »
I am reviving this thread... as my season 5 set should be here within the next couple days.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2010, 04:49:30 PM »
Grey's Anatomy Marathon
Season 5:

They are doctors, lovers and friends. Join the staff of Seattle Grace Hospital as they learn there are no easy cures for life's challenges and that each choice comes in shades of grey.

Main Cast:
Ellen Pompeo as Dr. Meredith Grey
Sandra Oh as Dr. Cristina Yang
Katherine Heigl as Dr. Isobel "Izzie" Stevens
Justin Chambers as Dr. Alex Karev
T. R. Knight as Dr. George O'Malley
Chandra Wilson as Dr. Miranda Bailey
James Pickens, Jr. as Dr. Richard Webber
Patrick Dempsey as Dr. Derek Shepherd
Sara Ramirez as Dr. Callie Torres
Eric Dane as Dr. Mark Sloan
Chyler Leigh as Lexie Grey
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2010, 07:19:44 PM »
Season 5 Disc 1:

1. Dream a Little Dream of Me (Part 1)
As Meredith and Derek begin to find that their "happily ever after" is anything but easy, Cristina develops a crush on a military doctor who brings in a trauma patient. Meanwhile, the Chief and his staff cope with the news that Seattle Grace is no longer considered a top-tier teaching hospital.

My Thoughts:
A nice start to this season. I really enjoyed all the storylines in this episode. And it ends with a good... surprising cliffhanger to draw you in for part 2 of this 2 part season premiere.

My Rating:

2. Dream a Little Dream of Me (Part 1)
While Meredith and Derek continue in their new relationship, Cristina continues to get to know the military doctor as they treat his trauma patient.

My Thoughts:
Very good continuation to all the storylines of part one. As I said above about part one... all the storylines are good... I just hope they don't stretch out the whole down in the ratings so not a good trauma hospital storyline too long. While it is good for a few episodes... it could easily get tiresome.

My Rating:

3. Here Comes the Flood
When the plumbing springs a leak, chaos breaks out at Seattle Grace as the Chief tries to put in place new teaching methods. Meanwhile, George takes his residency exam; and Derek attempts to get Meredith's roommates to move out, much to their surprise.

My Thoughts:
Interesting episode.One I definitely enjoyed. I got a kick out of the whole flood thing... especially with the guy that was so filled with bad luck... and how things turned out for him.

My Rating:

4. Brave New World
Derek finds Meredith's mother's old diary; Callie anxiously prepares for her first real date with Erica; Cristina stumbles into a part of the hospital that she and the other residents haven't seen before.

My Thoughts:
Not a bad episode... but a bit slow compared to the rest. But I did like the kid that was afraid of having surgery. I really liked how George handled the kid.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2010, 04:41:25 PM »
Season 5 Disc 2:

5. There's No I in Team
Bailey leads a team of doctors performing a string of surgeries in which each procedure depends on the one that precedes it; Derek gets all the credit for the brain tumor study he did with Meredith; Lexie tries hard to get George to notice her.

My Thoughts:
A good episode... the "domino Surgery" was an interesting storyline. On the storylines of the doctors' personal lives... I think Meredith had a right to be a bit upset. I think George was an idiot for not noticing Lexie and No! Izzie and Alex back together again in this episode! I so hate the character of Alex! And the end of the episode tells us that there is a new doctor starting at the hospital in the next episode.

My Rating:

6. Life During Wartime
Bailey and a team of surgeons must remove a young girl's inoperable tumor; as the new head of trauma, Owen Hunt challenges the surgical abilities of the residents and the attending doctor's methods.

My Thoughts:
Not a bad episode really... but not as exciting as most of them. Had one decent medical case... and the rest of the episode is all about the personal life.

My Rating:

7. Rise Up
The residents compete for a solo surgery; Derek asks Bailey for advice when he feels Cristina is interfering in his relationship with Meredith; Erica discovers a surprising connection between a surgical resident and a longtime patient.

My Thoughts:
Good episode... I liked how they went into a past season bringing back such an important storyline... and now showing the repercussions from those past actions.

My Rating:

8. These Ties That Bind
One of Meredith's oldest friends becomes an intern, but she doesn't feel very welcomed by Meredith's friends; Lexie leads her fellow interns in secretive and unorthodox surgical training sessions; a surgeon brings rule and order to the OR.

My Thoughts:
Definitely an interesting story... once again the hospital is without a heart specialist. I like the little secret club the interns had. I didn't care too much for Meredith's old friend... but she isn't around long anyway.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2010, 01:52:28 AM »
Season 5 Disc 3:

9. In the Midnight Hour
Meredith, Cristina and Bailey come to Lexie and Sadie's rescue when a routine surgery goes horribly wrong, as Owen and Derek treat a man seriously injured while sleepwalking and Mark comforts the sleepwalker's distraught daughter.

My Thoughts:
Good episode... I liked the storyline of the injured sleepwalker. The interns "club" storyline seems to come to an end in this episode as well.... which ended about how I expected it to.

My Rating:

10. All By Myself
Cristina is awarded the first solo surgery among the residents, but she is forced to give it up and choose her replacement; Lexie is impressed when Mark performs a cutting-edge procedure; Callie doesn't know if Sadie is friendly or flirtatious.

My Thoughts:
Another really good episode. This whole Izzy/Denny thing seems like a weird storyline.... but it is interesting all the same.

My Rating:

11. Wish You Were Here
Bailey teams with Seattle Grace's new pediatric surgeon, Dr. Arizona Robbins, to save the life of ayoung patient near and dear to her heart, as the admittance of a death row inmate at the hospital stirs anger in Derek and further erodes Meredith and Cristina's friendship. Meanwhile, Callie and Sloan work as a team to fight their respective attractions to Sadie and Lexi, and Izzie tells Alex that she's seeing Denny.

My Thoughts:
Good episode... though the Izzy storyline is getting weird as well as a bit old. I found I like the new peds surgeon. Though it is odd that they got a new peds surgeon in the same episode they lost the old peds surgeon... but they still haven't got a new cardio surgeon episodes later.

My Rating:

12. Sympathy for the Devil
Derek's mother, Carolyn, makes a surprise visit to Seattle and meets Meredith for the first time, as Mark tries to conceal his relationship with Lexie from her as well; meanwhile, death row inmate William wishes to donate his organs to Bailey and Arizona's patient, as Owen and Cristina try to go on their first date.

My Thoughts:
This peds storyline is getting better with every episode. I found this one to be excellent. It kept me glued to the screen through-out the episode.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2010, 11:14:55 PM »
Season 5 Disc 4:

13. Stairway to Heaven
Bailey grows desperate as a patient's condition becomes more and more dire. Everyone in the hospital is stepping up to try and find the boy a new organ donor, including Meredith, who considers a death row patient's wish to die before execution. Meanwhile, an injury leaves Mark in a compromising position in the OR and Cristina awkwardly avoids Owen.

My Thoughts:
A great episode! The conclusion of the multi-episode peds case which was done extremely well. And then the made painfully obvious what they only hinted at when it came to the Izzy storyline. After watching such a wonderful episode I really can't wait to continue.

My Rating:

14. Beat Your Heart Out
Now that Derek has the engagement ring, he searches for the perfect way to propose to Meredith, as Lexie demands that Mark go public with their relationship, and Bailey, encouraged by her work on recent cases and by Dr. Dixon, considers a new direction for her medical career.

My Thoughts:
A very good episode. I enjoyed every minute of it. I am not sure what I think of Dr. Dixon... the new cardio surgeon. I see the fact that she is the way she is as a good storyline right now... but I don't feel it will work long term.

My Rating:

15. Before and After
Addison, Naomi and Sam rush the ailing Archer to Seattle Grace and reunite with old friends Derek and Mark to help save his life; meanwhile, Izzie employs her fellow doctors in a medical game designed to help teach the interns, and Owen runs into a significant someone from his past.

My Thoughts:
Another good episode. I was fun to see the gang from the spin-off series Private Practice in this episode. The game that Izzy came up with gave a fun... care-free aspect to the episode.

My Rating:

16. An Honest Mistake
Derek's confidence is shaken like never before as he faces off with Addison over what course is best for their dying pregnant patient; Cristina calls the abilities of a renown surgeon into question after she botches a standard procedure; and Bailey, who has decided to pursue a fellowship in Pediatrics, is appalled by the Chief's less-than-stellar recommendation letter.

My Thoughts:
A good episode. It is a nice conclusion to the previous episode. But what I find myself impatient to see is Izzy's storyline to advance. Which looks like (going by the end of this episode) is the next storyline they are planning to tackle this season. Once again this series really drew me in... not being able to wait to see more!

My Rating:
Pete