Author Topic: Terrible DVD Case!  (Read 4821 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: Terrible DVD Case!
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2009, 07:36:03 AM »
Again? A collector's nightmare.

Last they changed for season 7(?) and the buyer#s uproar made them send out regular slip cases packaging to the people who had bought the plastic crap they sold at first. Season 7 is incidentally the last one I purchased.

Yup.  Again..and this change really sucks.

I think I remember that...I know I have one season with a head shaped box that I don't like much either, but this is worse.  At least the discs were still held properly in that.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2009, 07:54:39 AM »
I think I remember that...I know I have one season with a head shaped box that I don't like much either, [...]
Yup, that's the one. The first one was a Homer head. Subsequently they kept making them parallel to the traditional packaging.

Critter

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2009, 09:34:16 AM »
Instead, they go in these..pocket like things on one side of the cardboard thing.  They slide all the way in, so it is hard to get them out.

I think I know what you mean here, my copy of WALL-E sounds similar. The disc is just in this pocket thing that is either hard to get out or just falls out if I try open it.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2009, 10:08:08 PM »
I think I remember that...I know I have one season with a head shaped box that I don't like much either, [...]
Yup, that's the one. The first one was a Homer head. Subsequently they kept making them parallel to the traditional packaging.

That's the one I have..Homer's head.  I was very careful not to get anymore of those.  Then for the 11th season, that I preordered online, I got the wrong version that had the face thing on the outside for Krusty.  That bugs me too since it doesn't line up right with the other seasons. 

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2010, 12:16:06 AM »
OK... I just got the TV Series Booker (spin-off of 21 Jump Street) And I must say I absolutely despise the case they used. It is one I personally never seen before.. and hopefully will never see again. Granted this set is very cheap (I paid $9.17 for the set of 20 episodes)... but they should have done better on the case then what they did!

When you first get it you see what looks to be a normal (albeit wide) Keep case...

But when you open it you find 4 envelops (1 per disc) clipped into the case...

As you can see (I know barely... quick photos not my best work)... the envelopes is what clips into the the case instead of the DVDs on hubs. So if anything happens to the envelopes then the main case is not of much good. I know... how expensive could cd envelopes be? I am sure they are cheap... but I have never seen any in my area to buy them... plus I would prefer to have black ones to match the rest of the set... which I am sure will be much harder to find.

But that really not the point I am making... was such a choice really necessary? I personally would rather have something much more standard.

What do you think?

- Like the setup?
- It is ridiculous?
- Something else?

And wouldn't you know it! I got another one just like above!  :voodoo:

This time with...

Too Cool for School  Collection
12 movie set
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2010, 09:21:00 PM »
Oh no.  I haven't had the misfortune to run into any of those. 

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2010, 09:45:39 PM »
It seems like it is only Mill Creek Entertainment that is using this case at this point.
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2010, 12:32:57 AM »
Well, I guess you could always move the DVDs into cases you like better since there are replacement cases out there you can buy.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2010, 12:39:47 AM »
I already replaced the case for Booker. I will have to get some more empty cases before I can replace this one. I just hate having to replace them at all though.
Pete

Alien Redrum

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2010, 06:33:17 PM »
The Wiseguy complete series has the same exact case.  :(

Once I get my ducks in a row and go to order replacement cases, I'm quickly replacing that one.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2010, 07:00:34 PM »
Unfortunately I am finding them more and more.  :(
Pete

Alien Redrum

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2010, 07:46:13 PM »
Yeah. It's cutting costs for them, but ug for us. :(

How was Booker, BTW? Did it hold up at all? I've been thinking about picking it up. Booker was one of my favorite characters from 21 Jump Street. :lol:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2010, 08:10:24 PM »
Well to be honest I never did finish watching the DVD set. I am still on disc 1.  :bag: I originally bought it to complete my collection from the 21 Jump Street Universe. I never cared much for the Booker character on 21 Jump Street. But I watched the series even back then. I always found it to be good but not great.

The episodes I did watch held up pretty well for me. And I really do plan on completing the set. It will just be a slow watch is all.
Pete

Alien Redrum

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2010, 08:18:45 PM »
 :thumbup:

I hear you. I have most of the seasons of Jump Street expecting to watch them all back to back, but have been slow on it. They hold up okay enough I suppose but I didn't remember them being so preachy. :lol:

So, instead, I started watching Miami Vice that I got on that $40 deal at Buy. The music in that one still blows my mind on how good it is, and how many great artists they got on the soundtrack. I think the closest to it in recent memory is the stellar soundtrack on Supernatural.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2010, 08:22:36 PM »
You just had to mention the music didn't you? I get so teased around here when it comes to music!  :P
Pete