Author Topic: No Ordinary Family  (Read 1823 times)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
No Ordinary Family
« on: October 01, 2010, 01:56:56 PM »

No Ordinary Family @ Wikipedia
No Ordinary Family @ IMDb

The Powells are your run-of-the-mill slightly dysfunctional family. Jim works as a police artist who has not achieved what he had hoped for. Stephanie on the other hand is too successful and has barely any time for her family. And their kids have their own problems at school.
But when their plane crashes in South America something weird happens to all of them. Caching a baseball at 140mph? Running the mile in less than six seconds? Piece of cake... But where does one go from here?

I really enjoyed the pilot. It had the right mixture of fun and seriousness which could make for a very interesting dramedy show. And since I like the actors of both parents already (Michael Chiklis from The Commish and Julie Benz from Buffy, Dexter & Rambo) I think I will like this show very much.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 03:02:18 PM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

lovemunkey187

Re: No Ordinary Family
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 02:15:20 PM »
The premise reminds me (obviously) of The Incredibles, but also a show from the 60's called The Champions.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 06:29:31 PM »
I am really looking forward to the next episode.  :thumbup:
Pete

MEJHarrison

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 08:11:11 PM »
We enjoyed it.  Especially the boys.  The only part I didn't like was the DA character.  His behaviors were so unrealistic.  If I had a friend that told me he can catch bullets and asked me to shoot him, I think I'd pass.  And I wouldn't talk him into jumping off a tall building.  I thought that was a little over the top.

Still, it was fun and it's a good show to watch with young boys (8 & 13).  I'm looking forward to the next episode.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 08:54:44 PM »
If I had a friend that told me he can catch bullets and asked me to shoot him, I think I'd pass.

He did pass. And then he passed out (after he accidentally pulled the trigger). ;)
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

MEJHarrison

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 12:16:18 AM »
If I had a friend that told me he can catch bullets and asked me to shoot him, I think I'd pass.

He did pass. And then he passed out (after he accidentally pulled the trigger). ;)

And then he told him to jump off the building even though there was no reason to believe that the ability to catch bullets = the ability to fly.  I stand by my statement that the character did not behave as a normal person would. :P

You are right that he passed out and accidentally fired the gun.  Still, the entire scene was insane.  And there was no reason to bring in a third party.  He could have shot himself.

Other than those two scenes, I really enjoyed the rest.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 12:17:54 AM by Mark Harrison »