Author Topic: Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman Marathon  (Read 15399 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman Marathon
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2009, 12:29:33 PM »
5. Church of Metropolis (10/23/94)
Let us prey. Entrepreneur Bill Church hires local thugs to terrorize good neighborhoods so he can scoop up bargain-priced real estate as sites for his discount stores.

My Thoughts:
This is the episode that introduces Intergang. I always had mixed feelings on the Intergang storyline since I never cared much for stories involving organized crime. But at the same time the stories have always been pretty good... and I like Peter Boyle as Bill Church.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

6. Operation Blackout (10/30/94)
Where were you when the lights went out? A citywide blackout has Lois and Clark hunting for a culprit(and a motive) while the rest of the Daily Planet staff scrambles to publish sans technology.

My Thoughts:
This one is an entertaining... but somewhat average episode. I will admit it wass fun to watch Lois go through technology withdraws.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

7. That Old Gang of Mine (11/13/94)
Scarface vs. Superman! A misguided scientist manipulates DNA to regenerate 1930s gangsters, including Al Capone - who decides he'd like to run Metropolis the way he did Chicago.

My Thoughts:
I normally do not care for anything with gangsters and such. But this is an exception... as I really enjoyed this episode. I must admit... I got a bit of a chuckle out of Clark falling asleep in the car at the end of the episode while Lois told him how she feels about him.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

8. A Bolt from the Blue (11/20/94)
A lightning strike gives a dumpy sad sack the same abilities Superman possesses. Garbed in a red suit and blue cape, the newly empowered Resplendent Man goes into the superhero biz - for a price.

My Thoughts:
This episode is a lot of fun. I enjoyed every minute of it. Plus it had a few recognizable faces. First there is Denise Crosby playing the doctor once again. This time a much larger part. Then there is Cindy Williams (Laverne and Shirley) As well as I forget his name... but he played the scientist that created the invisibility suit in season 1. This time he plays the guy that get's Superman's abilities.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2009, 07:32:44 PM »
9. Season's Greedings (12/4/94)
God Rest Ye, Greedy Gentlemen. A fired, embittered toy maker devises a sinister toy that turns Metropolis's generous citizens into childish, gasping gift-grubbers just in time for Christmas.

My Thoughts:
Now this is a very good Christmas episode. Not only does it have a fun story... I really laghed at the gang acting like greedy children. But there is a load of familiar faces in it as well. There is Dick Van Patten who runs the orphanage. Denise Richards as a love intrest for Jimmy. And of course Isabelle Sanford and & Sherman Hemsley as the toy maker and his assistant.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

10. Metallo (1/1/95)
Scientists turn Lucy Lane's new boyfriend, a loses with a rap sheet, into a cyborg criminal. This looks like a job for Superman - except the cyborg is powered by Kryptonite!

My Thoughts:
Hmmm... what did I think of Metallo? It was good... but not great. While entertaining it really was pretty average. If I am not mistaken... they got a different actress here to play Lios' sister Lucy in this episode.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

11. Chi of Steel (1/22/95)
Superman, master of martial arts.A mysterious Chi warrior steals Perry White's life savings, which leads Lois and Clark into a confrontation with a corporation that exploits Chinese immigrants.

My Thoughts:
Another good but not great episode. Pretty standard stuff. It was fun seeing a little martial arts thrown into the mix.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

lyonsden5

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2009, 01:53:12 PM »
I liked seeing "George and Wheezy" together again. Always liked the Jefferson's.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2009, 02:04:36 PM »
12. The Eyes Have It (2/5/95)
Flying blind. A sceming optometrist develops an ultraviolet-ray device that renders Superman sightless. Then Lois is kidnapped - and Superman feels powerless to help her.

My Thoughts:
This is a good episode. They made it entertaining to watch a blind Superman.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

13. The Phoenix (2/12/95)
With a little help from his friends, Lex Luthor returns from the dead. But he wants more than just life, much more - wealth, power and former bride-to-be Lois Lane.

My thoughts:
The return of Lex Luthor. This is also the (I believe) final episode that has Denise Crosby as a guest star... playing Luthor's doctor. An episode I enjoyed.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

14. Top Copy (2/19/95)
"Clark Kent is Superman!" A hotshot television journalist, who's also an assassin for Intergang, discovers Clark's secret identity...and reveals it on nationwide TV.

My Thoughts:
This is a very good episode that guest stars Racquel Welch as the reporter that discover's that Clark is Superman. Lois and Clark is still dancing around whether or not they should take their relation to the next level. I forgot how long it took for those 2 to get together. And that isn't even including the troubles they had getting to their wedding.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

15. Return of the Prankster (2/28/95)
The Prankster and the president. Armed with a ray that temporarily freezes people, the Prankster breaks out of jail. His diabolical goal: kidnap the president and hold him for ransom.

My Thoughts:
Bronson Pinchot is back as the Prankster. This is another fun episode. Looked like a lot of fun to me... being able to freeze people and then manipulate them anyway you wish. Once again Bronson Pinchot was great as the prankster.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2009, 09:12:10 PM »
This is a very good episode that guest stars Racquel Welch as the reporter that discover's that Clark is Superman.
Maybe I should rewatch Myra Breckenridge tonight, she's so beautifull in that :drooling:

Rogmeister

« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2009, 10:34:59 PM »
Or just turn on the TV and watch her Foster Grant commercial  :tv:  They're showing the heck out of that...she still looks purty darn good  :clap:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2009, 11:03:54 PM »
I've catched it a couple of time and she had sure age wonderfully.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2009, 02:18:31 PM »
16. Lucky Leon (3/12/95)
Jimmy is arrested for murder, Superman is accused of stealing nuclear warheads and as assistant DA discovers Clark Kent's secret identity. But here's the big news: Lois and Clark share a first date...and a first kiss!

My Thoughts:
This is a real good episode that a lot happens on. It was pretty fun watching Lois and Clark deal with their first date. Before watching this episode again I had forgotten not only how Assistant DA Drake found out that Clark being Superman... but also that this episode ends in those 3 oh so famous words... To Be Continued...

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

17. Resurrection (3/19/95)
Searching for Assistant DA Mayson Drake's killer, Lois and Clark encounter a dark plot involving faked deaths, escape convicts and a hunky government, agent who finds Lois captivating.

My Thoughts:
This is a good conclusion to the last episode.I enjoyed it quite a bit. Unfortunately this is also the episode that introduces the character of Dan Scardino... the government agent mentioned above. That is one character I just never liked.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

18. Tempus Fugitive (3/26/95)
H.G. Wells drops in - via his time machine - and gives Lois and Clark a glimpse of a surprising world to come. Then they race to the past to save baby Superman from a deadly fugitive from the future.

My Thoughts:
This is a great episode. Talk about fun! I enjoyed every minute of it... but I especially enjoyed Tempus' who routine of telling Lois how galatically stupid she is... and that Clark is Superman.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

19. Target: Jimmy Olsen! (4/2/95)
The most dangerous man in Metropolis is Jimmy Olsen? Injected with a synthetic virus when he was an infant, Jimmy comes under the power of evildoers who transform him into a mind-controlled assassin.

My Thoughts:
Not bad... it is an enjoyable episode. I really liked the character of Sarah who was also injected with the synthetic virus. I thought she made a good companion for Jimmy. Unfortunately if I remember correctly we don't see her again. This is the second episode with Scardino... and nope... still don't like that guy.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2009, 02:48:42 PM »
This is the second episode with Scardino... and nope... still don't like that guy.

You aren't supposed to ;)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2009, 02:54:19 PM »
Well... yeah I know.. but it is more then storyline. It is kinda like how I feel about the guy that played Cole on Charmed. I never liked that guy either... not in anything I ever seen him in. I seen this guy (Jim something... forget his name now) guest start in a handful of different shows... and there is just something about him I didn't care for.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2009, 01:02:16 AM »
20. Individual Responsibility (4/16/95)
Intergang kidnaps Perry White and is about to purchase the Daily Planet. But all Superman can manage is a bored ho-hum - newly discovered red kryptonite has sapped the Man of Steel's steely resolve.

My Thoughts:
This is a good episode... definitely enjoyed it. And finally got to see another type of Kryptonite! I also liked that they had Bruce Campbell in this one guest starring as the new head of Intergang.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

21. Whine, Whine, Whine (5/14/95)
Being a superhero seems like a poor career choice when Superman is sued by a man he saved. Lois is drawn to Agent Scardino because Clark keeps disappearing on their dates.

My Thoughts:
Another good episode. And I believe the last episode that has Scardino in it. In this episode Lois makes her decision. And we also get to see Bruce Campbell once again.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

22. And the Answer Is... (5/21/95)
A criminal kidnaps Jonathan and Martha and Lois risks her life to save them. In the aftermath of the ordeal, Clark realizes how much he loves Lois and finally asks "Will you marry me?"

My Thoughts:
This is a very good season ender. And it has a heck of a cliff hanger. In this episode Clark finds out just how important it is for him to have his secret identity. But it also shows him just how important Lois is to him as well.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Over-All Season Thoughts:
Over-all the second season is very good. I have really enjoyed revisiting it. The show has kept my attention from start to finish... just as much as it did the very first time I watched it. That is probably because it has been so long since I watched this show that I forgot half of what happened in it.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2009, 12:22:33 AM »

Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman: Season 3
Wedding planning puts a strain on any couple. Lois and Clark aren't just any couple. Besides coping with caterers and orange blossoms, they must battle mad scientists, LEX LUTHOR, revived World War II Nazis and other diabolical foes. Which means Lois and Clark face one tough (and action-packed!) trip to the altar.

'The Daily Planet's' ace reporters team for exciting adventure and winning romance in 22 episodes that blew fans and critics away. "'Lois & Clark' has shown renewed superstrength in its third season...by breaking one of the oldest rules in the SUPERMAN canon: Superman has not merely revealed to LOIS LANE his secret identity as CLARK KENT, but he's also become engaged to her! Messing with the Superman myth is one thing; doing it so well is a shock" (Ken Tucker, 'Entertainment Weekly'). Prepare to be shocked...and thrilled!

1. WE HAVE A LOT TO TALK ABOUT
Clark's marriage proposal dosen't get quite the response he hoped for. Lois is glad, sad...and mad!

My Thoughts:
No a bad episode... was pretty good. But I did find myself expecting a little more from the first episode of a season. Not much for this new head of Intergang. She is basically a smart ditz. She has the smarts to do what she wants... but rather use her being hot (if you like the plastic barbie doll type... I do not.) body to help her take advantage of everything.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

2. ORDINARY PEOPLE
Great body - he'll take it! a deranged millionaire thinks his head would look great on Superman's physique.

My Thoughts:
This has never been a favorite episode of mine. OK at best... but nothing special about it.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

3. CONTACT
Save the relationship or save the girl? When their romance endangers Lois, heartbroken Clark breaks up with her.

My Thoughts:
This one is a bit better then the previous one. But yet again it didn't do much for me. And I have to say... I do not care for Lois with short hair.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

4. WHEN IRISH EYES ARE KILLING
Lover, come back. Lois uses an old beau to respark the flame with Clark. But the beau is using Lois, too.

My Thoughts:
Another episode that while not bad... I really couldn't get into. It just felt like this episode served little purpose other then being space filler. This finishes off the first disc... and I wasn't thrilled with any on this disc. But now that I think about it... I do thing that maybe season 3 was my least favorite season of the series.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2009, 08:17:03 PM »
5. JUST SAY NOAH
THE DAILY PLANET's top reporters go undercover as Mr. and Mrs. to investigate a mysterious institute of love.

My Thoughts:
OK... this is more like it. Sure this is a silly episode... but it is also a lot of fun. While watching this I was wondering why the guy that played Smiley looked so familiar to me. And when I looked him up I found out why. I just recently watched him in one of the Dukes of Hazzard reunion movies.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

6. DON'T TUG ON SUPERMAN'S CAPE
Superman, objet d'art. A wealthy Metropolis couple wants to add Superman to their collection of rarities.

My Thoughts:
This is a fun episode... if not silly at times. Some of the dream and fantasy scenes were a little silly at times. But I still enjoyed them. It started with Clark dream he and Lois was Lucy and Ricky from I Love Lucy (best clip of them all!) then there was fantasies of both James Bond and Dragnet. This episode also has a guest star of Jonathan Frakes (Star Trek: TNG).

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

7. ULTRA WOMAN
Scheming sisters zap Superman with red kryptonite, but the plot goes haywire when his powers transfer to Lois.

My Thoughts:
This episode I always liked a lot. And no not ONLY because of Lois in a Superhero costume. I also thought this was a fun storyline. This episode also had a couple of familiar guest stars. Of course there is Shelley Long. But there was also Mary Gross (Mrs. Quick on Sabrina, The Teenage Witch).

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

8. CHIP OFF THE OLD CLARK
Superdad? Clark denies that a little boy is his lovechild. Then why can the tot pick up a sofa?

My Thoughts:
This one is alright... but not one I would call a favorite. just a standard filler episode really.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

9. SUPER MANN
A race against the Master Race. Superman battles revived World War II Nazis who seek world domination.

My Thoughts:
A good... but not great episode. But then I was never much for anything that deals with Nazi's.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

10. VIRTUALLY DESTROYED
Strength doesn't cut it when you need I.T. skills. Superman requires Jimmy's help to foil a computer genius.

My Thoughts:
A pretty good episode. I liked that they gave Jimmy more attention in this one.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

11. HOME IS WHERE THE HURT IS
INTERGANG has a Christmas present for Superman; a virus from Krypton that could destroy the MAN OF STEEL.

My Thoughts:
Well... it is Christmas time once again. While a good episode. This is my least favorite of the 3 Christmas episodes of the series.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

12. NEVER ON SUNDAY
Who do that voodoo? Wedding plans take a back seat when a master of magic haunts Clark with bizarre visions.

My Thoughts:
This is a good episode. I enjoyed it dealing with something on the lines of Voodoo.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

13. THE DAD WHO CAME IN FROM THE COLD
Jimmy thinks his estranged father is an engineer. Instead, he's a suave spy with a lethal agenda.

My Thoughts:
Not a bad episode... but a bit on the average side. Never really impressed me much.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

14. TEMPUS, ANYONE?
Lois dead? Clark engaged to his hometown sweetheart? An alternate reality seems all too real to Lois.

My Thoughts:
Now this episode I enjoyed every minute of. Got to like the episodes involving H.G. Wells and Tempus! And it was fun to see another way the whole Superman storyline could have been.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2009, 08:24:30 PM »
5. JUST SAY NOAH
THE DAILY PLANET's top reporters go undercover as Mr. and Mrs. to investigate a mysterious institute of love.

I always loved Lois's looks in this episode. Her hair looks good again (really cute), if I remember correctly. And the white t-shirt  :drooling:. The scene where she makes up again with Clark always was one of my favorite moments in this series.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2009, 08:13:08 PM »
15. I NOW PRONOUNCE YOU...
Lois and Clark get married! Just a minute, Clark. Are you sure your beautiful bride really is Lois?

My Thoughts:
This is the start of the clones/frogs storyline. Which is one of the storylines I never cared for too much. I know they were just trying to throw more problems in front of Lois and Clark's wedding... but I just found this storyline silly. Though I did like Brad Garret as Lois and Clark's wannabe comedian priest.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

16. DOUBLE JEOPARDY
Send in the clones. While LEX LUTHOR woos the real Lois, Clark spends his wedding night with her clone.

My Thoughts:
Part 2 of the above episode. And added to the clone storyline we get the amnesia storyline. Which I also never cared much for. All these never ending problems is the reason this season is my least favorite of the series.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete