Author Topic: I broke my 10$ rule.  (Read 3939 times)

Touti

I broke my 10$ rule.
« on: August 27, 2007, 04:10:37 PM »
Don't know what got into me this morning but I broke my 10$ rule............big time.

I didn't want to wait to watch "Fracture" so I ordered it, while I was comparing the prices on different sites, Amazon showed me that people who bought "Fracture" also bought "Disturbia"  :hmmmm:, seems like a good movie, bah, if you're gonna break the rules you might as well go all the way for it so I ordered it but then it seems that people who ordred "Disturbia" also bought "Premonition"  :hmmmm:, expensive but it's a Sandra Buttocks movie and I like her, bah, if you're gonna break the rules you might as well go all the way for it so I ordered it as well.

No when the time comes to checkout, I realize I left a bunch of stuff in my shopping cart the last time..........can't get out wihtout buying at least one of them...after all if I put them there in the first place it's because I wanted them....Right ?  So I also bought "Nell", which is within the 10$ rule if I may say so.

Nell: 9$
Fracture: 25$ (I know, it would have been 2.5 movies if I had sticked to my rules)
Disturbia: 25$ (All right all right, I said I know......)
Premonition: 27$ (Would you get over it already !!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Do you think someone will find a cure soon ?

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: I broke my 10$ rule.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 04:15:28 PM »
Don't know what got into me this morning but I broke my 10$ rule............big time.

I didn't want to wait to watch "Fracture" so I ordered it, while I was comparing the prices on different sites, Amazon showed me that people who bought "Fracture" also bought "Disturbia"  :hmmmm:, seems like a good movie, bah, if you're gonna break the rules you might as well go all the way for it so I ordered it but then it seems that people who ordred "Disturbia" also bought "Premonition"  :hmmmm:, expensive but it's a Sandra Buttocks movie and I like her, bah, if you're gonna break the rules you might as well go all the way for it so I ordered it as well.

No when the time comes to checkout, I realize I left a bunch of stuff in my shopping cart the last time..........can't get out wihtout buying at least one of them...after all if I put them there in the first place it's because I wanted them....Right ?  So I also bought "Nell", which is within the 10$ rule if I may say so.

Nell: 9$
Fracture: 25$ (I know, it would have been 2.5 movies if I had sticked to my rules)
Disturbia: 25$ (All right all right, I said I know......)
Premonition: 27$ (Would you get over it already !!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Do you think someone will find a cure soon ?

:hysterical: Nope - but here's a point for you!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 04:18:31 PM »
Cure?... what cure?... There is no cure!  :P

I want to see Disturbia! but waiting for the price to go down some!  :tease:

Not familiar with Fracture to be honest.  :bag:

Premonition.... I have it... and as I put in my review... very confusing must pay attention. and I was expecting more. :(
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 04:29:35 PM »
25 bucks a movie? Can't remember when I paid that much for a movie.

In Germany the price for a new movie is usually about 20€ (currently $27). After a few weeks it drops to 18 (24), later to 15 (20), 13 (17.50) and finally 10€ ($13.50). The bargain price is then 7.50€ ($10) or 8€ ($11).

But I've got so much unwatched stuff that I buy not before it drops under 13€.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Touti

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 04:29:55 PM »
Cure?... what cure?... There is no cure!  :P

:guitar:  "There is no cure for the DVD Blues" :guitar:

I want to see Disturbia! but waiting for the price to go down some!  :tease:
That's crual  :yellowcard:

Not familiar with Fracture to be honest.  :bag:

It is said to be a very good movie.  Anthony Hopkins kills his wife and confesses immediately.  The case seems pretty easy for the D.A's young assistant pretty easy........except the the police officer who arrested Hopkins had an affaire with his wife......and although Hopkins confessed, there is no evidence that HE did it.

http://movies.go.com/fracture/d863953/thriller

Premonition.... I have it... and as I put in my review... very confusing must pay attention. and I was expecting more. :(

Critics are not unanimous on that movie, some liked it, some didn't.  I'm looking forward to see Bullock in a role different than the chick flix stuff she usually does.  It's also haven't seen any of her move recent movies, it will be interesting to see how good (or bad) of an actress she's become.  I like her and I'm easy public (most of the time) so I probably won't be disappointed.

Touti

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 04:35:55 PM »
25 bucks a movie? Can't remember when I paid that much for a movie.

In Germany the price for a new movie is usually about 20€ (currently $27). After a few weeks it drops to 18 (24), later to 15 (20), 13 (17.50) and finally 10€ ($13.50). The bargain price is then 7.50€ ($10) or 8€ ($11).

But I've got so much unwatched stuff that I buy not before it drops under 13€.

There's a big problem in Canada now with prices on everything.  Our dollars has gone up a lot compared to the U.S dollar (from $0.70 to $0.95) but prices haven't gone down.  Some people have been putting a lot of money in their pocket in the last 2 years because they pay around 20% less for their DVD's but haven't brought their selling prices down.

For instance, I'm paying 25$ for Fracture but Deep Discount sells it for $19.00US.  That difference made sense 2 years ago with the canadian dollars was at around 70 cents u.s but now it's unacceptable.

To stick to my 10$ rule, I have to buy pretty old stuff.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 04:48:04 PM »
OK, I didn't see that you were talking about Canadian Dollars.

I on the other hand cannot complain about a falling dollar. It has never been cheaper to import directly from the U.S.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Touti

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 10:25:45 PM »

I on the other hand cannot complain about a falling dollar. It has never been cheaper to import directly from the U.S.

I thought of that but then I'm hit with taxes, duty and brokerage fees so it comes up to almost the same price but if anything is damaged, shipping it back is a real pain in the butt so it's not really worth it.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 01:23:11 AM »

I thought of that but then I'm hit with taxes, duty and brokerage fees so it comes up to almost the same price but if anything is damaged, shipping it back is a real pain in the butt so it's not really worth it.

Would I be able to mail it to you? I live 10 minutes from Canada and could easily hop over and mail things for you. I frequently go to Ontario, and occasionally Toronto and Montreal.

JP_S

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007, 10:32:54 PM »
I guess Germany, Austria and The Netherlands are the cheapest countries when it concerns buying DVD's?

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2007, 12:26:13 AM »
Hi JP_S - It's so nice having new posters! :clap: